Budding Part 5

Will You Pick Me Up? It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woojin and Sohye were having dinner at a small cafeteria near Swings Entertainment. 

"I thought you have X-Con rehearsal today?" Sohye asked as she ate a piece of chicken. 

Woojin was staring at Sohye with a smile. He then said, "We had. We finished early, but Jihoon's unit had to stay because they had to change some things. So, we were allowed to go out."

Sohye nodded and said, "How was Jihoon today?"

Woojin also had a bite before answering. He said, "The same as usual... He did not bother me much because we were in separate units."

Sohye looked at Woojin and saw the uncomfortable expression on his face. "Sorry..." Sohye said.

Woojin looked up at looked at Sohye. "What for?" he asked.

"Does it make you uncomfortable? Talking about Jihoon..." Sohye asked in a small voice. 

Woojin chuckled for a while, held Sohye's hand, and said, "I'll be honest. It's quite uncomfortable every time I remember. But, I need to talk about it, especially with you."

"Why with me?" Sohye asked, though looking away at Woojin.

Woojin then said, "Look at me."

Sohye did not turn. Woojin then stood up and went in front of Sohye whose eyes were watery. "Aigoo, my crybaby's crying again," Woojin said as he pulled Sohye to stand up. He then led Sohye's hands to make her wrap her arms around his waist. 

Sohye leaned her head on Woojin's shoulders and said, "Because... I'm scared... Your friendship might be on bad terms because of me..."

Woojin patted Sohye's back lightly and whispered to her, "Jihoon knows to whom my heart belongs. He just needs time to process and accept it."

Sohye looked at Woojin and pecked a kiss on his lips. Sohye then said, "That's my mark on you. You're just mine, Park Woojin."

Woojin was stunned for a while. Then, he grinned and said, "I never knew you would be this aggressive. You kissed me first."

"Yah," Sohye just said, but tightening the hug on Woojin and resting her head on his shoulders again. 

Woojin also hugged Sohye tighter and said, "I'm yours and you're mine. That's all that matters."

Woojin's and Sohye's phone ting-ed at the same time. This got the two curious so they both got their phones.

"Omona, Chaeyeon-unnie!" Sohye then said.

Woojin then said, "Aigoo, they went ahead of us?"

"I think it's the same; it's just that they were a bit slow at first then this all of a sudden," Sohye answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minhyun and Chaeyeon were walking at the side walking while holding hands. 

"Sorry for making you cry," Minhyun said.

Chaeyeon shook her head and replied, "We're both happy, that's what matters."

 

---A few hours ago---

 

Minhyun was in his room, contemplating on what to wear with his first formal date with Chaeyeon. Jaehwan, Sungwoon, and Jisung were there trying to help him decide.

"I told you; it should be this shirt, and this coat," Sungwoon argued.

Jisung then said, "That makes it look too formal. That shirt can be, though."

Jaehwan shook his head and said, "No. This one and that one."

Minhyun just scratched his head, not knowing what to do. Daniel and Seongwoo then yelled, "We're going now!"

"Yah! Come here first! I need help!" Minhyun yelled. 

Daniel and Seongwoo came in to see Jaehwan, Sungwoon, and Jisung still arguing, while Minhyun said to the two, "I need help. How will I look good for the first date?"

Daniel and Seongwoo looked at each other before scratching their heads. "I did not even think of that..." Seongwoo replied.

Daniel nodded and said, "Just be yourself, hyung. One that will not make you uncomfortable or one that will not make her feel uncomfortable."

 

"Wah... You're in need of serious help," Heehyeon commented as she was waiting with Chaeyeon.

The two were in front of the building of DIA's dormitory, waiting for Minhyun. Chaeyeon chuckled and said, "I cannot help. I really like him."

Chaeyeon just told Heehyeon (for so many times already) about how she and Minhyun talk to each other every night, usually by video call. For the past weeks, the two have been in constant communication.

"Why do you like him so much anyway? It's as if you have met personally for a long time," Heehyeon commented.

Chaeyeon answered, "That's one thing I cannot explain. He has grown on me--"

Heehyeon interrupted,"Let me repeat. It was only through video calls. What if he is just doing this to say that he got an idol as a girlfriend?"

Chaeyeon had no answer to that. How would she know?

"See," Heehyeon said.

Chaeyeon shook her head and said, "That's why we'll meet now. To know what's going on..."

Heehyeon then said, "Don't worry. He's dead if he is just playing you."

Just then, a taxi stopped in front of them, and Minhyun went off the taxi. As Minhyun was about to greet, Chaeyeon immediately ran to Minhyun. 

Minhyun smiled at Chaeyeon but did not forget to greet Heehyeon. "Annyeonghaseyo! Wanna One Hwang Minhyun imnida."

Heehyeon nodded and said, "Annyeonghaseyo. DIA Ki Heehyeon imnida. Take good care of Chaeyeon, ne?"

Minhyun nodded as he guided Chaeyeon inside of the taxi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woojin and Sohye were walking while holfing hands along Han River when they saw two very familiar people. 

"Is that Sejeong-unnie?" Sohye asked.

Woojin looked at were Sohye was looking. True enough, he did see Sejeong and Daniel standing while hugging each other.

Woojin chuckled and said, "You were like that last time. So clingy..."

"Yah! Who's the clingy one, always wants to have skinship?" Sohye said as he lightly hit Woojin, though not letting go of his hand.

"Sohye-ah!" someone yelled from behind. 

Sohye and Woojin turned to see Kyulkyung and Jinyoung with their hands together as well.

"Unnie!" Sohye waved. Sohye then looked at Woojin and then at their hands. Woojin chuckled and said, "Go."

Sohye lets go of Woojin's hand and ran to Kyulkyung, who was already walking towards Sohye. Woojin and Jinyoung slowly followed. 

"Omo,omo!" Sejeong exclaimed as she got near as well to the other couples. 

The girls greeted each other happily as the boys just chuckled. Daniel said, "Didn't we just see each other during practice awhile ago?"

Jinyoung then said, "Did you see the message of Minhyun-hyung?"

Kyulkyung went back to Jinyoung's side and wrapped her arms around Jinyoung's waist. She then said, "I wonder what's happening to them now."

Sohye and Sejeong saw this and felt a bit competitive. Sohye then put Woojin's arms around her shoulders and said, "What are you all doing here?"

Sejeong chuckled before making Daniel hug him. Sejeong then said, "Just enjoying the quiet river.."

Woojin noticed something and said, "Eh... Sorry but... Is there something going on?"

Daniel and Jinyoung then started to look around and did notice something different with the girls.

Sohye shook her head and said, "Nothing... Jagiyah, let's grab something to eat. You also, unniedeul!"

Oh, nice try Sohye, Sejeong thought.

I can do better than that, Kyulkyung thought. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter