Were you looking at me?

Be My Baby

a/n: who got excited with the Self cam during SMtown Osaka with that cute Yutae moment ^^

 ---

Taeyong will not admit it out loud but he did take time to research about an athlete’s diet to properly prepare him breakfast. He had chosen to cook chicken for Yuta because he needs protein and he made sure to prepare Lemon Water to rejuvenate the athlete. When Yuta returned from   his morning run, Taeyong had shoved the cold water to the sweating roommate and Yuta was surprised but thanked the Korean for the water. He drank it and sat on the table and was surprised to see protein rich breakfast.

“This wasn’t necessary.” Yuta remarked.

‘Then don’t eat it.” Taeyong replied making Yuta gasped.

“Can’t I? you’re not my boss as far as I remember.: Taeyong bit his lip nervously making Yuta laugh.

“I appreciate it anyway. I can’t say no to fee food.” Yuta said and dug in.

“You’re welcome.” Taeyong replied and joined Yuta in eating.

After the morning banter, Yuta took a shower and left early because he needs to meet with the tea while Taeyong took his time to prepare and grab his class card to ask the cheerteam to sign as proof of his attendance. Once he was done and deemed himself ready, he met up with Ten and Johnny for Lunch. He wasn’t surprised that a few of the soccer players were there and johnny introduced him to the table, exchanging glares from Yuta and silently understanding that they should not reveal their status as roommates.
 

They had a loud lunch with everyone pitching in on stories while Taeyong remained quiet because he was new to the circle and what exciting story can he share? His life was a mess.

“Do you have any hobbies Taeyong-ssi?” the question made Taeyong look up at the person who asked and it was Hansol who was munching on bread sticks.

 

“Oh, uhm cooking.” Taeyong replied and Hansol nodded.

 

“Would it be nice to have a taste of your cooking one of these days.” Hansol replied and Yuta shoved him a little too hard.

 

“You just want free food.” Yuta remarked.

 

“Hey, I like free food but I am curious to what Taeyong can offer.” Hansol shrugged and something inside Yuta stirred, was it jealousy? Anger? He doesn’t know.

 

“Oh, I could uhm bring it to your next game? Since I am attending it for PE Class.” Taeyong answered.

 

‘awesome!” Hansol cheered and raised a hand for Taeyong to high five and the younger smiled and gave him just that. “I like you already.” Hansol remarked.

 

“You like Marco hyung as far as I remember.”  Yuta scoffed.

 

“So? I like Marco above and beyond but can’t I like others platonically. I like you dude.” Hansol poked Yuta and the Japanese choked on his iced tea.

 

“Don’t ever say that again.” Yuta glared at Hansol who just shrugged his shoulders and munched on cheese sticks.

The game started with high spirits and the crowd for both NCT University and Seoul State University  went wild and their cheerleading team were in high spirits. NCT University Varsity team was introduced and when their ace player Nakamoto Yuta was introduced, the crowd went absolutely wild and Yuta absorbed the cheers as he ran to the pitch and waved at the adoring crowd.

 

The game began with a whistle and even if Taeyong knows absolutely nothing about soccer he was cheering whenever the ball is with their teammates. By the end of the first half, NCT U and SSU were tied with 1 goal each and everyone was hyped and excited as the half time kicked in. The SSU cheer team prepared for their routine and the crowd went wild especially the SSU crowd and they cheered along with their school chant.

Taeyong looked at his seatmate, he recognized her as Miyu, his classmate in PE and they shared a quick nod and prepared themselves as their team set up for their performance. The cheer team started chanting they all followed and the crowd was all out cheering while the Cheer team performed. Johnny and Hyeoyeon had to do partner stunts and when the flyer was raised, she winked at the crowd making Taeyong cheer loudly, that’s her girl right there even if he’s not really Hyeoyeon’s friend, he still liked the kid.

 

The second half of the game started intensely with players going down and yellow cards being raised. Both teams wanted to win and they both gave them their all. Hansol was trying his best to defend the goal and with a team effort, they converted a block as he kicked the ball towards their middle fielder Seungcheol who passed it towards Yuta. Yuta expertly received the pass and with a power kick, he sent the ball flying towards the net and earning a lead for NCT U. The crowd went wild and they could hear the cheer team drummers blasting loud beats to cheer them on. Taeyong clapped and cheered, Yuta was really amazing and talented.

At the last two minutes of the game, the scores were once again tied so everyone was on edge at how this will end. As the seconds ticked down, Yuta had charged for  an attack when the defender of SSU made a sly move and Yuta was down on the grass with Seungcheol and their other players checking up on their ace. Yuta stood and told them that he was fine, raising a hand when his number was called for a penalty kick.

Taeyong bit his lip when Yuta fell down and when he saw the Japanese jogged towards the goal, he noticed a certain limp, Yuta may have sprained his ankle. Yuta took a deep breath as he focued on the goal and with a straight face, he kicked the ball towards the goal. The ball went flying and with a top spin, it went straight to the net as the Goalie missed the ball mere inches. There were cheers from the NCT U crowd and the players but with a few more seconds left till the end of the game, they had no time to relax.

 

But with a perfect defense that NCT U implemented, SSU was defeated with 3-2 final scores. The players congratulated each other and SSU Defender apologized to Yuta for being aggressive. The cheer team were doing a victory routine while the crowd cheered and applauded.

 

Taeyong was definitely exhausted and as he met with Johnny and Ten before he left, he noticed Yuta hissing as he ran back towards the lockers. He opted out of the celebratory dinner, excusing himself for being tired and Johnny pat his back and stamped his class card, bidding goodbye and telling him that they’ll have movie night next week to which Taeyong gladly accepted.

 

Yuta hissed as he showered, he’s quite sure that his ankle was swollen but he won’t allow to dampen the team’s celebratory mood with a little pain. As he finished showering, he got embraced by his team and they were all hyped and excited for their first win of the season. Yuta was smiling wide and laughing as they cheered loudly. They were supposed to go out to dinner but he had excused himself to rest and the team respected his decision, their star player had exhausted himself in the game and he deserve to rest. Yuta would really like to join them but if he stayed out to late, his ankle might worsen.

 

Yuta waved goodbye to his team and drove himself home. Once he reached his penthouse, he saw Taeyong in the kitchen preparing some soup and bibimbap. Their eyes met and Taeyong immediately looked down on Yuta’s ankle. Even if he was chopping tofu, he dropped the knife and quickly went to the freezer to retrieve and ice pack and urged Yuta to take a seat on the bar stool. Yuta raised a brow but Taeyong pushed him to seat and then knelt in front of him. Yuta panicked a little but Taeyong gave him a stern face and lifted his pant leg, revealing a red and swollen ankle.

 

‘You didn’t tell your coach?” Taeyong asked and Yuta felt like a child being scolded with how cold Taeyong’s voice came out.

 

“No, I didn’t want to bother them.” Yuta replied.

 

Taeyong sighed and applied the ice pack on the area and strapping it securely with bandages. “You should have, you need to get that checked.” Taeyong said and stood to finish cooking. After washing his hands, he continued cutting the tofu and finished the soup. He served Yuta his portion and Taeyong ate in silence.

 

“How did you notice?” Yuta asked and Taeyong looked at him and shrugged his shoulders. “Were you paying attention to me?” Yuta smirked as he asked and Taeyong glared at him.

 

‘Of course I have to keep my eye on the ball, that’s the purpose of the game.” Taeyong replied wittily and Yuta hissed, that was a witty comeback. ‘you’ll have that checked before your next game.” Taeyong pointed and Yuta was taken aback. “If you still want to play, you need to have it checked. A player can’t play with an injury unless they want to prematurely retire.” Taeyong stated matter-of-factly.

 

“What do you know?” Yuta bit back.

 

“I am on a PE class, it’s basic knowledge.” Taeyong replied and Yuta sighed. “And I’m coming with you. No way you’ll get away with this.” Taeyong added and Yuta scoffed.

 

“You’re not my mom.” Yuta mocked.

 

“No but I got your mom’s blessing and your dad on speed dial.” Taeyong replied and Yuta hissed, he got no comeback for that, if his Dad found out then he’ll be out of the team in a blink of an eye

 

“Fine.” Yuta succumbed and ate his food in silence.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Chicken reference is from what Taeyong wrote in their Japanese profile pertaining to Yuta as Chicken and his protein source ^^

 

I absolutely know nothing about soccer so if this update is boring as ffck, I apologize