Epilogue

Be My Baby

a/n: I feel a bit generous so here we go a very quick epilogue of their happily ever after.

 

 

----

 

Taeyong flushed when they reached the dining room and found the Nakamoto’s sitting and waiting for them. They both showered and dressed before they went down but seeing the three members of the Nakamoto household early in the morning and right after they went intimate with each other was a bit awkward. 

 

 

Yuta cleared his throat and got his family’s attention. “I want everyone to meet my fiancé, Taeyong.” Yuta announced but his father raised a brow.

 

 

I don’t see a ring on his finger.” Tatsuo replied and Yuta glared at his father.

 

 

I was about to get him one. I just secured him.” Yuta argued but Tatsuo clicked his tongue.

 

 

Bold of you to propose without a ring.” Tatsuo remarked then stood to approach them. Yuta stood protectively in front of Taeyong who kept his head low in fear of being thrown out of the house. “But we knew you’ll do something spontaneous.”  Tatsuo laughed and handed Yuta a velvet box.

 

I chose the ring for Taeyong-nichan.” Haruna piped up and both Yuta and Taeyong gasped as the former opened the box to reveal a white gold ring shaped into an angel wings on either side and encrusted with a red ruby on the center with small pink tourmaline on either side. “I knew red fits ni-chan so we chose Ruby. It was coincidental that it’s also his birthstone.” Haruna explained and Yuta thanked his sister for a wise choice.

 

 

Now go and propose properly to Taeyong, he deserves that much.”  Tatsuo said and Yuta nodded.

 

 

After breakfast, I’m starving.” Yuta announced and pulled Taeyong to sit on the vacant chairs so they could finally eat.

 

 

Taeyong found himself wearing the first Kimono he wore, the one that Momoka gifted him when they met Kota, and standing under the cherry blossom tree by the park while Yuta wore the same Navy blue Kimono from that day making Taeyong smile wide. Of course he didn’t expect that the Nakamoto’s would make a fuzz over Yuta’s proposal, but here he was smiling and blushing while Yuta fell on his knees and professed his love and asked to marry him. Taeyong did say yes, not that he will change his mind about something he had longed for, and Yuta inserted the masterpiece of a ring on Taeyong’s ring finger before standing up and pulling him into a passionate kiss.

 

 

“Congratulations!” They heard voices cheered and when they looked at the people that greeted them, they saw their friends had flown to Japan.

 

 

“How?” Taeyong asked as he hugged Ten and Johnny, the latter holding Yukkuri while Ten was holding a camera.

 

 

“Haruna prepared this and asked us to be here to witness this.” Ten explained and Taeyong ran to hug her.

 

 

Thank you Haruna!” He beamed and the girl just laughed and hugged him tightly.

 


“You came too!” Yuta hugged Hansol then Sicheng, the former holding TY which made Yuta chuckle. You both are so tall and intimidating gut you’re holding our babies?” Yuta inquired and Hansol raised a brow at him.

 

 

“They are cute!” Hansol argued and Johnny laughed and nodded next to him.

 

“Do you really like that weird guy?” Taeil asked Marco who was standing next to him and the older slapped Taeil lightly.

 

 

“yeah, I love him so shut up, it’s cute.” Marco answered making Taeil laugh.

 

----

 

It was a little over two years when Yuta and Taeyong got married. Yuta made sure that Taeyong finished his Master’s program while he trained to be the successor of the company. Taeyong had chosen October 26th as their wedding date and it puzzled Yuta.

 

“I want to replace all the bad memories you had associated with your birthday.” Taeyong informed him. “It doesn’t mean we’ll forget bout omma.” Taeyong assured him and Yuta felt like he had really been given an angel in the form of Lee Taeyong.

 

 

The ceremony happened in Japan, at Yuta’s hometown of Osaka. They expected friends over but they were surprised when the expected 50 people guest list turned into a 500 people grand reception. They did a traditional wedding similar to what Momoka held for her wedding, and a western style reception for their guests.

 

Taeyong donned a basic Kuro montsuki with the Lee crest embroidered on it while Yuta wore a matching one with the Nakamoto crest embroidered on him. They did the sansan Kudo where they drank from three ritual cups to honor their ancestors and marriage. After which they made their vows and tied red strings on their finger as a sign of being soulmates. To end their marriage, they did the kagamiwari, or breaking the sake lid, to signal opening their shared destiny; and the sake was then served to their guests at the reception.

 

Before they met their 500 or so guests, they were led into a room where they did the ippitsu-no-gi where they were given each a scroll and were made to write a kanji character that will represent their marriage. Yuta chose “Angel” as his character, the word pertaining to Taeyong who had saved him from the darkness within him. Taeyong on the other hand chose the kanji for “Cat” and when asked why, Taeyong smiled and told Yuta to read the Kanji in Korean; Yuta smiled wide and kissed his husband, Neko in Korean is declaring possession.

 

 

----

 

 

Having a family was all Taeyong ever wanted so when they were given a chance, they grabbed it without hesitation. To be a foster parent for a two year old was a task they took by heart that eventually earned them the rights to adopt Jungwoo, a shy but loveable kid who stuck by Taeyong and Yuta and gave them warm hugs and shy kisses. Jungwoo became an official Nakamoto and was added to the family registry,, delighting tatsuo who had longed to have grandchildren. Jungwoo was taught Japanese and he was happy to play with his cousins from Momoka.

 

Two years after adopting Jungwoo, another opportunity came knocking as they were approved for In-vitro procedure, with Sayumi offering to be the surrogate. Momoka offered her egg cell for Taeyong while Taeyong’s cousin, from his aunt that took care of him, offered hers for Yuta. It took a lot of medical expenses and Sayumi risking her life to bear her grand children but eventually, she gave birth to Lee Dejun and Nakamoto Jaemin. Yuta had wanted to have the Lee lineage to continue so Taeyong’s son took the Lee surname but was included in the family registry.

 

 

The children gave a certain happiness that both Taeyong and Yuta could not explain. While Jungwoo was shy and quiet around others, he is overly protective of his little brothers to the point that he had houted at a weird kid at the park for laughing at Dejun while the younger fell as he was still unstable in walking. The kid, named Lucas, ended up being Jungwoo’s best friend and his single father, named Kun, became Taeyong’s kitchen buddy.

 

---

 

“Hey Taeyong?” Yuta asked as they tucked their children to sleep.

 

“Yes Yuta?” Taeyong asked back and the younger grinned and kissed him on the lips.

 

 

“Have I told you how much I love you?” Yuta asked and Taeyong chuckled and pulled his husband into a kiss.

 

 

“not enough times apparently.” Taeyong replied and Yuta grinned and kissed him some more.

 

 

“I love you Taeyong.” Yuta announced and Taeyong chuckled.

 

 

“I love you too Yuta.” He replied and led the husband out of the room. “Now prove it.” He said and they locked their bedroom door for the night.

 

----

 

 

a/n: I actually researched if same marriage is legal in Japan. Although it is not legal, there is a company that offers same couples to experience traditional Japanese wedding ^^

 

and the reason why I chose Angel as Yuta’s Kanji is because NCT127’s Angel is Yutae’s song if all those flirting on stage is any indication ^^

 

also, I just recently read in a news site that a grandmother gave birth to her granddaughter at the age of 61 because she wanted to support her gay son’s wish of having a family with his partner. So I took that inspiration and translated it here.

 

So this is really the end. Thank you for stopping by and continue to love Yutae.