Cheers not Tears

Be My Baby

A/n: so update ^^

 

----

 

Taeyong’s schedule is pretty loose considering that he’s a graduating student and has most of his majors down with the extensive summer classes he took. He walked towards his classroom, old ratty backpack on one of his shoulders and earphones plugged in his ears. Although he was given a new phone, he preferred to use his old one because carrying it would draw a lot of attention on him. He sat on his preferred desk and took out his notebook and pen. He waited for his class to begin and kept to himself, he did not need to make friends at this point, he is just content with what he had and he kept interaction to a minimum.

 

“Can I sit here?” He heard someone ask and Taeyong nodded. “I’m Sicheng.” The boy introduced himself and Taeyong looked at the boy who was smiling at him.

 

“Sicheng?”  Taeyong asked and the boy nodded. “Taeyong.” He introduced himself.

 

“You’re Taeil-hyung’s friend?” Sicheng asked and Taeyong nodded. “He told me about you.” Sicheng remarked.

 

“I hope good things.” Taeong sighed and Sicheng nodded.

 

“He really values you as a friend.” Sicheng said and Taeyong smiled at that.

 

After his classes, he met up with Johnny and Ten at the cafeteria and caught up with each other, updating them of his status.

 

“You look alive.” Ten remarked and Taeyong rolled his eyes.

 

“Thank you for noticing.” Taeyong replied.

 

“You found a job?” Johnny asked, passing him a sandwich the oldest bought beforehand.

 

“Thanks, yeah.” Taeyong said before taking a bite of the sandwich. “I am house sitting.” Taeyong said and both of his friends looked at him like he had grown three heads. “A Japanese businessman bought a house here and wants someone to watch it and his dog while he’s gone. I happen to speak Japanese so I got hired.” Taeyong shrugged his shoulders.

 

“They pay you to watch a house and a dog?” Ten asked and TAeyong nodded, it wasn’t a lie per say, he is taking care of house but can he consider Yuta as the dog?

 

“Yeah, and provide free lodging.” Taeyong informed them.

 

“Can we like visit you?” Johnny asked.

 

“I have to ask but I wouldn’t want to push my luck, I am already being paid to stay in their house.” Taeyong informed them.

 

“Yeah, that would be rude.” Ten added. “hey, sleepover this weekend.” Ten suggested.

 

“You miss me already?” Taeyong asked and Ten rolled his eyes.

 

“He is just craving for your cooking. You know we pretty much lack in the cooking department.” Johnny stated making Taeyong laugh.

 

“Of course, why would I even think otherwise.” Taeyong said and they laughed as they enjoyed their lunchbreak until their next class.

 

His last class for the day was cheer dancing. It was his last PE for his mandatory courses and he chose it specifically because he can dance decently and he shares it with Ten and Johnny who were part of the team. They were sitting on the padded floor when the instructors entered. They introduced themselves as Victoria and Taemin. They were informed that some members of the squad are enrolled as their classmates to help them with their progress and do the trickier stunts. They started the class with a lecture and advised them of the timetable. They were also advised that they were required to attend five games of the season, a choice of whatever sports they wanted, and that if they wanted to join the Cheer team, they have auditions in 2 weeks’ time.

 

“Okay, to let you guys have a sneak peek on what to expect, Johnny, Ten, Yugyeom.” Victoria called out the three. “Let’s show them what you’ve got.” Victoria winked at them and the three nodded as Taemin cued the music.

 

Victoria joined them and when the music started, the four performed a cheer stunt routine. But what shocked them was that instead of Victoria being a flyer, it was Ten who did the stunts, with Johnny as his base, Yugyeom as the 2nd base and Victoria as the spotter. Taeyong gaped at his friends, he knew they were part of the team but he never thought Ten and Johnny were this in sync and the trust they have for each other was so strong he did not need to know them personally to tell that they are an item. And Ten’s flexibility was beyond his imagination. When the song ended, the four bowed as everyone cheered and applauded.

 

“You didn’t tell me you were a flyer!” Taeyong said to his friend.

 

“Ah, I don’t that often, I usually am a spotter.” Ten replied.

 

“Why the heck did you do that?” Taeyong asked as they left the gym.

 

“Taemin-hyung wanted to shock everyone.” Ten chuckled then latched his arm around Johnny who was grinning. “Besides, I really wanted to show everyone this big guy is mine.” Ten beamed a smile and Johnny laughed.

 

“People already know Ten, it’s not like we’re subtle.” Johnny said and Taeyong whole heartedly agree.

 

“So see you tomorrow then?” Ten asked and Taeyong nodded, waving at them before walking to the bus stop while Johnny and Ten walks to their night class because being in the Cheer squad meant they need to free up certain days for practice.

 

He passed by the soccer field and he noticed a familiar figure. He watched for a while and sighed, soccer is in season this semester so he was pretty sure it was in the selection for his requirement in PE class. He then walked again hurriedly this time, he did not want to miss the bus.

 

Yuta was in the middle of a practice game when he saw a familiar face gazing into the field. He frowned at the sight but a call from one of his team mates brought him back to the game and was soon headlining the attack making the new recruits cower with his intense playing style.

 

“Hey Yuta, don’t scare the newbies!” Minseok warned but it had no bite.

 

“Sure coach.” Yuta smiled wide and toned down his playing to allow the recruits to at least show their skills rather than ran away from him.

 

After their practice, Hansol had showered and left, telling Yuta that he needed to catch Marco and drive him home to which Yuta cringe but hey, if his best friend likes Marco then who was he stop his friend from chasing his happiness.

 

Yuta was one of the last to take a shower and he enjoyed the silence in the room to reboot his mind and just let everything that he had been thinking drown in the hot water. He was itching to find TY, and he knew time was running out for him. Then he had to face Taeyong who was taking his role seriously and it pissed him off; he can’t really throw the guy out because his father employed him. When the water became too hot and his skin was stinging, he finished off and drove back to his apartment.

 

Taeyong was cooking dinner and out of courtesy, he had asked the Japanese if he’ll join dinner. Yuta eyed the fried chicken and nodded, he forgot to get take out for his dinner and besides, Taeyong was decent in cooking. After he had put his clothes in the washer, he returned to the living room with intent of watching some television but Taeyong had called him for dinner.

 

Dinner was still the same as the previous night and but Taeyong tried to at least ask him about his day. Yuta just glared at him then promptly return to eating. Taeyogn sighed then ate silently. A ring from Taeyong’s phone broke the silence and Taeyong opened a video call from Momoka. She beamed a happy smile at Taeyong and waved at him.

 

 

“Tae-chan! How have you been?” Momoka asked and Taeyong smiled back at her.

 

I am fine Momoka-san.” Taeyong replied.

 

I would prefer you to call me Momo nee-san.” She told him truthfully.

 

So he’s entitled to call you that as well?” Yuta piped up and Momoka frowned.

 

“Can you give the phone to my brother?” Momoka inquired and Taeyong nodded before he handed the phone with two hands, a sign of respect.

 

Yes Nee-san?” Yuta greeted his sister.

 

Don’t give me that attitude young man. You do know that I am sacrificing my happiness for you.” Momoka started and Yuta sighed, of course Momoka will hold it against him. “Lucky for you though, Kota is quite a sweetheart that I don’t mind marrying him in lieu of your pursuit of happiness.”  Momoko said and Yuta glared at his sister. “I want you and Tae-chan to meet Kota on Wednesday. Tou-chan already confirmed your attendance as well as Tae-chan.” Momoka announced.

 

Excuse me.” Taeyong sat next to Yuta and talked to Momoka. “Momoka-san…” Taeyong started but Momoka glared at him. “Momo nee-san, why am I invited?” Taeyong asked and Momoko smiled at him.

 

You’re our baby! Of course you are part of the family.” Momoka happily answered.

 

Are you going to introduce him as Tou-chan’s sugar baby? You sure your future husband would like that?” Yuta asked smugly and Taeyong bit his lip but tried to smile at Momoka.

 

Taeyong is treated like a son, not a . You better behave Yuta, if you embarrass our family, you will never see daylight ever again.” Momoka threatened her brother and Taeyong may have seen a scene from a horror movie from the way Momoka’s eyes darkened and her voice dropped in pitch. “See you Tae-chan. I will send kimono by tomorrow!” Momoka smiled and waved at him before she hanged up.

 

Yuta sighed as Taeyong returned to his seat. He then pouted then glared at Taeyong who bit his lip out of confusion and nervousness. “I can’t believe this.” Yuta whined then took another chicken leg and ate it.

 

 

 

----

a/n: I liked to watch cheer dance competitions so you got to forgive me for adding some Cheer dance elements to the story. But of course, it won’t be a super random inclusion. And can you forgive me for wanting Yuta and Taeyong to wear kimonos?