Surprise Meetings

Be My Baby

Taeyong was watching Ten and Johnny do a few tumbling as Victoria informed them of the proper technique. Taeyong wasn’t really an expert in tumbling but he had a few B-boy moves so he thinks he can nail this one. Taeyong was called for the demonstration and with a deep breath, he aced it making Victoria nod approvingly before calling out another student to try the tumbling. Johnny and Ten congratulated him and Taeyong thanked them.

 

“So you decided on what sport you wanna watch?” Johnny asked and Taeyong nodded.

 

“Soccer.” Taeyong replied and Johnny grinned.

 

“You made the right choice. I have a few friend in the team, and I’ll introduce you.” Johnny remarked.

 

‘That’s code for I’ll set you up on a date.” Ten informed his friend and Taeyong glared at him.

 

“I am just being a good friend here.” Johnny shrugged making Taeyong pout at him.

 

“But I don’t need one okay?!” Taeyong said and Johnny nodded.


“Okay I understand” Johnny said and they fall in line for the next set of exercises.

 

---

 

Sicheng greeted Teayong were walking out of the building towards the field for the pep rally when Sicheng suddenly ran towards a shorter but familiar figure.

 

“Taeil hyung!” Sicheng chirped and Taeil laughed heartily. “Why are you here?” Sicheng asked and Taeil smiled at him.

 

“Your father asked me to fetch you. There is an important function and your presence is required.” Taeil informed him. “I need to talk to your adviser to issue a Leave pass for you.” Taeil added.

 

“No need, classes were cancelled for the pep rally, The varsity soccer team’s first game is tomorrow.” Sicheng informed him. “And look who I am with!” Sicheng chirped and Taeil’s eyes widened as he saw Taeyong smiling at him.

 

‘Taeyong!!” Taeil ran to hug him and Taeyong laughed at how Taeil was acting.

 

“Are you five hyung?” Taeyong asked and Taeil nodded.

 

“You’re classmates with Sicheng?” Taeil asked and Taeyong nodded. “You didn’t tell me!” Taeil pouted at Sicheng who laughed at him.

 

“Well, I was planning on us hanging out but I guess we could all plan it out some time.” Sicheng replied.

 

“How are you hyung?” Taeyong asked. And Taeil gave him a thumbs up.

 

“Been hired as Mr. Dong’s Personal assistant’s assistant.” Taeil answered and it confused Taeyong.

 

‘He’s training to be a personal assistant because when I graduate and complete my training, I’ll be handling a higher position in the company. He’ll be my assistant.” Sicheng explained and Taeyong nodded.

 

“Wow, that is pretty cool.” Taeyong remarked. “So how’s your Chinese?” Taeyong asked and Taeil gave him a death glare making Sicheng laugh.

 

“We’re both working on it. I still need to perfect my Korean anyway.” Sicheng said and Taeyong nodded.

 

“The pep rally is going to start soon and I need to attend this for my PE class so I’ll see you around. Nice meeting you again hyung!” Taeyong said and waved at the couple who smiled and waved back before walking towards their car, hand in hand and smiling at each other.

 

Taeyong smiled at them but he felt a little sting in his heart, because he was not heartless and would want to have a relationship too. He’s not picky, nor was his standards high, just someone who will love him for who he was. He sighed, who would love a broken man like him?

 

Taeyong walked towards the bleachers but Johnny waved him over the holding area. Taeyong greeted his friend with a smile and Johnny smiled as well.

 

“You look really good in your uniform. Where is Ten?” Taeyong asked and Johnny pointed to the direction of the girl cheerleaders and Taeyong understood, Ten was giving pep talks for a nervous looking rookie who is going to be flyers. “Your girl?” Taeyong asked and Johnny nodded.

 

“It’s her debut routine. She’s a sophomore but she’s really good.” Johnny remarked and Taeyong nodded.

 

“Oh Taeyong hi!” Ten greeted him as he returned with the girl looking like she’s about to faint. “Meet Hyeoyeon.” Ten introduced the girl who bowed in greeting.

 

“are you nervous?” Taeyong asked and the girl nodded. ‘Don’t be. These two are really dependable and trustworthy. I would trust them with my life. So just enjoy the moment and let Johnny and Ten help you shine.” Taeyong said and smiled wide at the girl who nodded and smiled as well. “Do well Hyeoyeonie!” Taeyong cheered and the girl smiled wider and cheered back.

 

“Thanks!” Johnny whispered at Taeyong and patted his back before he pointed him to the seat he reserved for him.

 

Hyeoyeon did great as she finished every stunt cleanly that when the cheer squad ended their performance, the crowd was hyped and on their feet. The girl was so overwhelmed that she kissed Johnny, Ten and Yugyeom, Johnny’s partner.

 

“Bambam’s not gonna like that.” Yugyeom paled as he glanced at the bleachers where his boyfriend had his brow raised.

 

“Sorry sunbae!” Hyeoyeon remarked and bowed apologetically.

 

“I’ll do the talking.” Ten assured him and hugged the girl and congratulated her. ‘you did so well Hyeoyeonie!” Ten remarked and she smiled back and was almost in tears.

 

‘I need to thank Taeyong sunbae too!” Hyeoyeon squealed and she ran towards the bleachers and hugged Taeyong. She then kissed his cheek before thanking him. She then waved before returning to him team leaving a confused but happy Taeyong.

 

Yuta frowned a little as he saw Taeyong being kissed and Hansol picked up on his friend’s mood.

 

“Are you jealous?” Hansol nudged his friend.

 

“Why would I be jealous?” Yuta huffed and went in line as their jersey numbers were being called for the roll call.

 

The crowd cheered and clapped. There were screams as Yuta’s name was called and he smiled so wide and winked at them, waving enthusiastically to the adoring crowd. Yuta loved this attention; the cheers lifts his mood and if feels the void he felt growing up. Usually Ms. Taeyon would cheer him on but when he lost her, he also lost her biggest supporter. The cheering crowd was a temporary substitute, never the alternative but Yuta will get what he could and live with it.

Once the pep rally was done, Yuta found himself being hugged by Johnny from the cheer squad and he smiled because the big guy is someone who he trusts and his boyfriend is one of Yuta’s acquaintances; they met at a boring party of businessmen where the Thai was practically dying while accompanying his mother.

 

“Dinner?” Johnny invited and Yuta nodded, he was famished after the lengthy and unnecessary speeches and performances. “And I got a friend who’s joining, you gotta meet him, he’s an angel.” Johnny said and Yuta’s smile fell when Johnny beckoned a familiar person. “This is Taeyong, he’s a really good friend of mine.This is Yuta, he’s our school’s ace.” Johnny introduced and Taeyong bowed stiffly at Yuta who returned the stiff bow. “We’re grabbing dinner, join us.” Johnny offered Taeyong to join them and the younger of the two side-glanced Yuta before shaking his head.

 

“I have a paper due tomorrow morning. I just came for the course requirements. See you tomorrow Johnny, Ten. And Good luck to your team.” Taeyong bowed and smiled politely before walking away from the group.

 

Johnny pouted as he waved goodbye but Ten kissed his cheek to cheer him up. “Let’s grab lunch tomorrow before the game.” Ten suggested and Johnny smiled and nodded cutely making Ten laugh at his boyfriend’s antics.

 

“You two are so gross.” Yuta hissed but Ten smacked him playfully making him laugh.

 

Taeyong sighed as he entered the penthouse, of course Johnny would be friends with Yuta and he had to endure it because hit the fan when he was making his life choices (read: courses). He walked to the kitchen to prepare something to eat and decided that he’ll just churn out leftovers and turn them into a bibimbap. He figured Yuta would not be joining him so he just made enough for one and sat himself in the living room and the television.

Midway through the second movie he had settled in, Yuta entered the apartment and Taeyong spared him a glance. Yuta clicked his tongue as he looked at Taeyong and the empty bowl on the coffee table. “How’s your paper due tomorrow?” Yuta greeted.

 

“Oh done with it yesterday, passed it today.” Taeyong answered as nonchalantly as he could. “I am sure you didn’t want me there.” Taeyong added.

 

“And I don’t want you there tomorrow either.” Yuta added.

 

“No can do, I have to attend as a requirement for my PE.” Taeyong replied and returned his attention to the playing movie which Yuta recognize as a Detective Conan Live action in it’s original language and without subtitles.

 

Yuta scoffed as he entered his room to shower and change. While he was showering, he ran a frustrated hand on his face because he felt pathetic during dinner. While eating the food in the restaurant, he couldn’t help himself compare them to what Taeyong cooked. And when he realized it, he almost choked to death, prompting Hansol to hand him a glass of water. Yuta groaned, why was Taeyong doing this to him? He was supposed to hate him.

 

After toweling himself dry and changing into comfy pajamas, he grabbed his bunny and looked him in the eye. “I promise TY, I will find you.” He said and hugged the bunny tighter. “I will find you.” He mumbled and dozed off.

 

Taeyong just finished the dishes after the movie and was about to sleep when he noticed Yuta’s gym bag by the door. He figured it contained Yuta’s jerseys so he popped it in the washer and returned to the kitchen to slice some vegetables for kimbap that he’ll prepare for tomorrow. He did promise to have lunch with Johnny and Ten but they will need snacks. He then rummaged the pantry and smiled as he found some umebushi and bonito flakes, he’ll make some onigiri as well.

 

He checked the laundry and there was a few more minutes so he scrolled through Youtube for interesting videos. He then took a selca to send to Momoka and Haruna before he attended to the finished laundry. Once done with his chores, he showered and changed into his pajamas then went to bed, hugging his plushie tightly.

 

a/n: I am feeling Yutae deprived tbh TT.TT