You look good in red

Be My Baby

a/n: Let’s have them wearing Kimonos ^^

 

----

 

Taeyong opened the door and welcomed Momoka’s butler carrying two boxes which he presumed contained the kimonos.

 

Lady Momoka sends you these Kimonos. She hopes that it’s up to your liking.” The butler said formally and Taeyong took them and thanked the older man. “I will be going now young master Taeyong.” He bowed and Taeyong quickly corrected him.

 

I am not a young master.” Taeyong said but the old just smiled at him.

 

Lady Momoka and Master Tatsuo says otherwise.” He said and left Taeyong who was gaping.

 

He hurriedly placed the boxes on the coffee table and attended to his miso soup before it boiled over. Yuta conveniently came home just as Taeyong placed the tofu and he informed the housemate that dinner will be done in a few minutes.

 

Yuta shrugged and went to his room only to emerge a few minutes later to join Taeyong for dinner.

 

“The kimonos have arrived.” Taeyong informed Yuta who looked at the stacked boxes on the coffee table. He took the top box and eyed the note in perfect calligraphy and smiled how beautiful Momoka’s penmanship was.

 

Yuta,

This is yours, muted and simple like you.

 

Yuta smiled and opened the box to find the navy blue kimono set, it was just his choice and Momoko did a splendid job choosing the colors that he would like.

 

“Dinner is served.” Taeyong called out and Yuta placed the cover on the box and went to sit in front of the dinning table.

 

Dinner was still awkward and even if Taeyong wanted to ask for help wearing such a complicated piece of Japanese clothing, he opted to just research on YouTube rather than ask a prissy Japanese. After the dishes were done and Yuta took his box, Taeyong took his own box and locked himself in his room.

 

He opened his laptop and started searching for video tutorials. He noted down the terms and focused on how to wear what item first and how to tie the waist bands. His brows furrowed as he tried to work out how to tie the Koshi-Himo or waist strings. It really looked complicated and when it came to the obi, what the hell happened, that was something his mind won’t comprehend even if he repeated the video a couple more times and in half speed.

 

He scratched his head and scrunched his nose, this is going to be a difficult and complicated dress up.

 

---

 

Wednesday afternoon got Yuta excited because he could wear a kimono again. As he took the Juban and wear it, it reminded him of the times when Ms. Taeyon helped him dress up, taking care to tie the knots beautifully around his little body. He smiled as he wrapped the cloth on his body, the high quality silk felt marvelous on his skin. He then took his Koshi-Himo and tied it securely around his waist when he heard a knock on his door.

 

“I know we don’t like each other but I need your help.” Taeyong spoke as soon as Yuta opened his door.  “I can’t figure out how to tie the knots and what is what.” Taeyong spoke honestly and Yuta raised a brow.

 

“And why should I help you?” Yuta asked defiantly.

 

“I don’t want to bring shame to your family. I don’t want to offend anyone unknowingly by wearing a kimono wrongly.” Taeyong said and Yuta nodded, of course he would be one of those people who would throw bricks at Taeyong as so much as he wore a kimono wrongly.

 

“Wait for me in the living room.” Yuta said and Taeyong smiled at him and nodded then thanked him.

 

Yuta sighed as he closed the door and returned to wearing his kimono. The navy blue contrasted to his grey Juban and he tied the black and white Koshi-Himo. He then took the cream and blue Obi and wrapped it himself expertly, tying the knot at the back like an expert. He then finally grabbed the Navy Haori and wore it, folding the colar at the back before fixing the white Haori-himo. When satisfied, he grabbed his phone, wallet and zori sandals  and went to the living room where Taeyong was sitting patiently.

 

Yuta approached Taeyong and the Japanese looked at the opened box to find a red and black set that made him raise a brow, his sister made a bold choice for Taeyong. He then grabbed the white Juban with a red collar and handed it to Taeyong. He also took the socks and handed it to him.

 

“wear this.” Yuta said and Taeyong took the garment to change.

 

“Uhm do I just wear underwear underneath?” Taeyong shyly asked and Yuta eyed him and blinked owlishly.

 

“Of course, that’s considered as the undergarment already. Left part over the right one.” Yuta replied dryly and Taeyong nodded.

 

Taeyong changed quickly and when he returned, he was holding the Juban close to his body. Yuta took the Koshi-himo and stepped near Taeyong. “Relax, I’m not gonna touch you intentionally.” Yuta said and Taeyong held his breath as Yuta fixed the collar then wrapped the waist string around him and tucked the loose end snugly.

 

Yuta then grabbed the Kimono and Taeyong wore it carefully. Yuta then eased the creases and arranged the collars before he tied another waist string. Taeyong held his breath as he observed Yuta seriously fix the garment and he noticed how handsome Yuta truly is; he was flawless and Taeyong wished he was just like him, but he knew how flawed and imperfect he was. Yuta then took the Obi and carefully but precisely folded it then wrapped the sash around Taeyong. “Is this too tight?” Yuta asked as he tightened the sash and Taeyong shook his head, and Yuta took that as a cue to tighten it a little bit more.

With practiced expertise, he tied the knot and left Taeyong amazed. Yuta then handed the Haori and Taeyong wore it and Yuta fixed the collar to perfection before he strapped on the Haori-himo. Once done, he gestured for Taeyong to look at the mirror and the Korean eagerly looked at himself at the hall mirror.

 

Taeyong smiled happily as he looked at himself wearing such elegant kimono and looking like an expensive Japanese doll. He had always wanted to try one ever since his mother had shown him a picture of herself wearing one and she promised they’ll wear one together but that certainly did not happen. So looking at himself wearing one is like a dream come true.

 

Yuta was slightly amazed at how happy Taeyong was wearing such a simple garment but he shrugged as he picked up his phone and answered his father’s driver. “Our ride is here.” Yuta informed Taeyong who grabbed his own phone and wallet, tucking them inside the Haori which thankfully had a few comfort of modern garment and Yuta did the same before he grabbed the Zori sandals and handed it to Taeyong who wore them when they reached the door.

 

 They boarded the elevator in silence and the driver greeted them and opened the door for them. Yuta gestured for Taeyong to board first and Taeyong thanked him and went inside the car followed by Yuta who released a sigh once they left the apartment.

 

“Don’t you drive?” Taeyong asked and Yuta nodded.

 

“We don’t drive while wearing kimonos.” Came Yuta’s curt reply and Taeyong nodded and looked out at the changing views. “Listen, my family expects behavior in front of the Yabu family. They are important business partners.” Yuta informed Taeyong who nodded.

 

“Of course I will be at my best behavior.” Taeyong replied.

 

“Very well.” Yuta said and took his phone to inform his father that they are on their way.

 

The drive took a while but when they arrived, Taeyong was at awe with how beautiful the place was. It was an old house and Taeyong figured that it was the closest they could find to have a traditional Japanese meeting. Yuta led Taeyong to the entrance where a Kimonoclad servant bowed and led them down the hall where the Nakamoto’s were waiting. Momoka instantly lit up seeing Taeyong and she complimented him right away.

 

“The kimono suited you perfectly. The red really matches you Taeyong-kun ” Momoka remarked and Taeyong smiled at him.

 

Thank you Momo-neesan.” Taeyong bowed his head and Momoka smiled wide.

 

“Okay, pleasantries are over. Let’s meet your fiancé.” Tatsuo announced and the server opened a screen door for them and they walked into a dining room where the Yabu family were already waiting.

 

The three persons stood to greet them and Tatsuo introduced his family including Taeyong who was a son to him. Mr. Yabu smiled and had whispered something to Tatsuo who nodded and they ended up laughing. Dinner progressed light heartedly; they caught up and chatted like old friends meeting after a while.

 

“Your Japanese is really good Taeyong-kun, and you look splendid in your kimono.” Mrs. Yabu pointed out and Taeyong thanked him.

 

Momo nee-san picked the Kimono, Yuta-san helped me wear it. It’s my first time wearing this so I am glad that it is up to your liking.” Taeyong replied and it made Mrs. Yabu smile even more.

 

“You look like a true Japanese, and you sound one even. Did you do a formal study of the language?” Kota asked and Taeyong blushed.

 

“I actually learned from watching anime and had a few lessons in college.” Taeyogn confessed.

 

 

That’s impressive. I am trying to learn Korean through dramas.” Mrs. Yabu said and laughed. “Maybe you can teach me sometime?” Mrs. Kota added and Taeyong smiled and nodded.

 

After dessert and tea was served, the talk became serious and Taeyong felt like he was intruding as the families talked about the wedding details and the shared venture. He understood some business aspects but he couldn’t really grasp the whole situation. But he did find peace seeing Momoka and Kota clearly liking each other enough to push through with the wedding despite being arranged.

 

 

After the wedding dates were settled and other details, the two fathers shook hands and Tatsuo informed them that the contract shall be drafted as soon as possible. Kota kissed his fiance’s hand and led her to her car and the Nakamoto’s thanked the Yabu’s for the night.

 

You did well son.” Tatsuo patted both Yuta’s and Taeyong’s shoulders before he boarded his car.

 

 

-----

 

 

 

 

a/n: I researched on how to wear the kimono because I don’t want to disrespect the Japanese culture. It is really interesting to learn it because it is understated complicated if you get what I mean hahaha