A day in a life of Yuta

Be My Baby

a/n: Yuta’s side of the equation.

 

---

 

Yuta was pissed off as he boarded his car and drove to meet his friend Hansol in a club because drinking makes him forget his problems for a while. Hansol greeted him with a usual grin and Yuta took the shot and downed it in one go.

 

“ed up?” Hansol asked and Yuta hissed.

 

“My father got a sugar baby.” Yuta hissed.

 

“So? Your mom is aware of it?” Hansol asked and Yuta nodded. “She agreed?” Hansol asked and Yuta nodded.

 

“The sugar baby’s not for him though, it’s for me.” Yuta explained and Hansol chuckled.

 

“Damn?!” Hansol laughed.

 

“He thinks I’ll be like Sicheng” Yuta said then downed another shot.

 

 

“So? You are so tensed about it, what gives?” Hansol asked and Yuta glared at his friend.

 

“You know why, I don’t like anyone, what use is a sugar baby? They are just good ers leeching money from old gizzards.” Yuta cursed.

 

“You do know you just called your father an old gizzard and Taeil isn’t some er. He was basically a tutor turned sugar baby cause Sicheng was enamored with him.” Hansol pointed out the history of their friends.

 

“Well I don’t need a baby sitter, I am a varsity player and my grades aren’t even down.” Yuta explained.

 

“Maybe your father had a good reason for this, it’s very unlikely of him to do something irrational.” Hansol replied.

 

“How do you even know that?” Yuta asked.

 

“Hey, our fathers are best friends, that’s why we are too.” Hansol nudged Yuta who grinned.

 

“So how’s Marco hyung?” Yuta asked.

 

“Damn he’s too cute, I could eat him.” Hansol remarked with a plain face making Yuta laugh.

 

“You look creepy.’ Yuta remarked.

 

 

----

 

Yuta returned to his apartment and glared at the pair of worn out shoes by the door. Taeyong was an enigma that he didn’t really want in his life right now. He did not know what his father wanted to achieve by getting a sugar baby and then throw the kid at him expecting to be what? Friendly? romantic? Not on his watch.

 

He opened the fridge and was surprised with the amount of food inside it, Taeyong must have stocked up on it. He sighed, he didn’t know Taeyong and his intentions so he needed to be a little doubtful of the kid; he needed to keep his guard up.

 

He returned to his room to clean up and go to bed, as much as he wanted to be drunk and pass out immediately, he still preferred to be clean before hitting the sheets. He took a warm batch to sober him up a bit, took his favorite soap and scrubbed himself squeaky clean. When he deemed himself clean he tucked himself but not without grabbing his stuffed bunny that was given to him as a gift by his previous maid when he was young. He had loved her like a real mom because she took care of him when his parents couldn’t and loved him when he doubted himself.

 

 

Sunday was awkward when he saw Taeyong cooking breakfast. The boy bowed at him and greeted him softly before placing waffles on the table and inviting him to eat breakfast. Yuta ignored him in favor of grabbing a carton of milk and going back to his room, leaving Taeyong disappointed.

 

Yuta just can’t look at Taeyong and not feel remorse, he couldn’t explain it but the boy just looked like chains restraining him from doing things he loved. After drinking the milk and disposing the container, he took a quick shower before he grabbed his bag and went out for soccer training.

 

Hansol met him in the lockers and they talked for a while before they entered the pitch. The grass felt crisp under their shoes and soon they broke into a run for their warm up. Their legs were burning when the coach blew his whistle, Coach Minho was always on time and spared no one. He called them to give instructions and soon, Hansol move to the goal as Yuta grinned and took center.

 

“Yuta’s getting really good, he could be drafted professionally.” Minseok, their conditioning coach told Minho.

 

“Mr. Nakamoto was adamant that his son takes over his company, he is only allowing Yuta to join the team as a consolation.” Minho frowned and Minseok sighed.

 

“Such waste of talent though.” Minseok remarked.

 

Yuta enjoyed the rush of playing and the feel of a hitting a goal. Yuta feels alive when he plays; something that he held on to after the traumatic childhood that he had. When he was younger, he had wanted to be like any normal kid, to play in sandboxes and swings but his family status had made it difficult until that one maid; Miss Taeyon was someone warm and her smile encouraged Yuta to be as normal as possible. She taught him basic Korean and allowed him to play sports, clapping whole heartedly when he scored. And when he was in danger, Miss Taeyon protected him. He had promised to her that he will continue to do what he loves, and he did, because she was that important and soccer was his gift to her.

 

“Good shot!” Hansol high fived the friend. “You got more admirers.” Hansol clucked his head towards the stands where girls gathered and Yuta flashed his smile and the girls squealed. “Sad that you are not interested in any one but your TY.” Hansol snorted and Yuta punched the friend.

 

“I promised Miss Taeyon that I’ll find TY.” Yuta frowned at his friend.

 

“How can you find someone who you don’t even know his real name.” Hansol rolled his eyes.

 

“It’s just.. I will find him eventually.” Yuta said as they walked back to the lockers to shower.

 

“How’s your roommate?” Hansol asked.

 

“Roommate?” Yuta asked back.

 

“The Sugar baby?”  Hansol replied and Yuta sighed.

 

“ignored him.” Yuta replied making Hansol frown at him.

 

“You could at least be civil with him.” Hansol retorted.

 

“Not gonna happen.” Yuta announced as he walked inside the shower.

 

When Yuta returned to his apartment, he saw Taeyong seated in front of the coffee table folding clothes like a dutiful house wife making him snort. Taeyong bowed his head slightly before returning to fold clothes which he noticed was his.

 

“Why are you touching my clothes?” Yuta asked and Taeyong sighed.

 

“It’s in the laundry, I had free time so I decided to do it.” Taeyong answered. “I did not steal anything. I don’t even know if you have clean clothes, so I wanted to at last help you out.” Taeyong answered.

 

“Don’t touch my things.” Yuta growled then went to his room only to find that his dresser was empty so he went back to the living room to grab a shirt and a sweat pants from the pile, as well as underwear before returning to his room to change.

 

 

He then heard a knock and when he opened the door, Taeyong handed him the clean clothes without another word. Yuta frowned but hey, if Taeyong decided that he’ll be a housemaid then so be it. He exited his room after organizing his closet. He grabbed his training clothes and went to the laundry room. But when he opened the door, Taeyong’s face appeared and almost fell on him as the other boy was exiting the room with a hamper resting on his hips. Taeyong apologized as Yuta stepped aside to let the boy exit without any other form of interaction. Yuta breathed out heavily, should he just accept the fact that he got a indispensable roommate who can act like a perfect housewife?  He shook his head and started working on his laundry, he may not be domestic but at least he knew his chores.

 

“Are you eating dinner here?” Taeyong asked as Yuta passed the kitchen and the latter glared at him. “Just asking.” Taeyong shrugged and Yuta sighed, he could act civil can he?

 

“I’ll eat, doesn’t mean I need to like it.” Yuta shrugged and sat on the sofa and the TV.

 

Dinner was spent in awkward silence and seats far apart from each other. They did not spare each other a glance and both washed their respective dishes before going back to their respective rooms without any other communication. Yuta sighed as he grabbed his stuffed bunny and hugged it before turning the lights off and drifting off to sleep.

 

 

----

 

 

a/n: Hey, how was Yuta’s character development so far??