His Favourite

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

               The king angrily slammed his door after that heated argument with his new wife. He tried to think where he went wrong but his ego told him it was not his fault.

The woman clearly disrespected him. She even slapped him, again.

Chanyeol lied down on his soft bed but her dejected face played in his mind.

I made her cry!, again!!!

After few moments his anger dissipated slowly and he realised his grave mistake. He shouldn't have accused Seulgi for meeting a stranger who apparently turned out to be himself.

That next morning, the King was busy in his study room with minister Jongdae. They discussed about various strategies to control the increase of rebel forces.

Baekhyun walked in with some new documents. The King took a break as Baekhyun gave few parchments as he took a seat.

" So...What happened last night?" Baekhyun couldn't control his wide teasing grin.

Chanyeol shrugged and avoided his gaze.

"My men informed that you have visited your new Queen but somehow you came back to your chambers within few minutes. Why is that?" His friend raised his brow.

Chanyeol became gloomy when he remembered the last night's fight with his third wife. Jongdae intently scribbled in a book.

" We had an argument. I got angry and I said some offensive words ", the king confessed.

"Oh a couple fight already?!" Jongdae let out a snort. Baekhyun looked at the king and asked him to go on.

" I wanted to clarify about few things. But she took it otherwise and I slipped my tounge" The King still regretted what he said.

 Baekhyun gave a disapproved look.

" She got angry and said she hates me", Chanyeol sighed.

"You know if you are wrong you can apologize. It's no big deal", Jongdae suggested.

"I tried...But she wouldn't listen. Such a stubborn woman".

"Give her some time. Let her get adjusted to the palace ", Baekhyun didn't know much about the new Queen so he couldn't give a better idea to his friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

( Three days later )  

After a constant pestering from Queen Sooyoung, Chanyeol agreed to go on a walk with her. They walked together in the garden as Sooyoung led the way.

Few gaurds followed behind with some distance to give privacy to the king and queen. Chanyeol couldn't help but pay attention to everything she spoke.

" Recently I started to take interest in flowering plants. These are mine", The second queen pointed at a group of plants she planted at her chamber's path.

Chanyeol knew about her so called precious plants. Sooyoung warned everyone in the palace that no one are allowed to go near them. He was glad that atleast she warned others beforehand.

Sooyoung held his hand and intertwined her fingers with his. She blushed at her own actions.

They walked further in the garden and Chanyeol glanced at the near by pond. He noticed that they had reached the area which was adjoined to Seulgi's Chamber.

Sooyoung smiled sneakily. Chanyeol realised her intentions.

" Sooyoung, you know it's obvious why you brought me here", He side glanced at her.

The Queen was quite. She continued to play with his long sleeves.

" I can easily tell that you are trying to show off our closeness ", Chanyeol looked towards Seulgi's Chamber. He was worried that she might see him with his other wife.

" We are close. Your new wife should know that...", Sooyoung replied plainly.

Chanyeol frowned. She doesn't even lie!!

"Anyways, why don't you tell me about what happened between you and Seungwan?" She scrutinized the change in his expression.

"N-Nothing..."

She raised her brow in disbelief.

" So you fought with your favourite Queen. Am I correct?" She was delighted. That's what she wanted since the moment she arrived in the palace.

How did she know?!! what's with my favourite Queen?

"No..."

"Your Majesty, I can grasp that you and Seungwan are not amicable like before. You can tell me...", She batted her lashes with a smile. Sooyoung wanted to know the reason then and there, but Chanyeol had enough of her for the day.

"I'm going back ", He walked away from her.

Sooyoung felt that it was her time to claim the position as King's favourite wife.

 

 

 

​​​

 

It's been a week since Seulgi came to the palace. She quickly got familiar with the rules of the royal palace.

She still felt uncomfortable to meet and talk with the first Queen. And she didn't even want to think about the rude second Queen. She mostly stayed in her quarters in order to avoid the King and his wives.

" Your highness, you are summoned to join the morning meal at the King's chamber", The head maid announced.

"It's Queen Seungwan's birthday. On such occasions the royal family eats together", the maid explained.

Seulgi nodded and followed her maids towards the King's chamber.

Chanyeol was already seated at the dinning table along with Seungwan. They seem quiet and waited for the others arrival.

"Seungwan-" Chanyeol tried to talk but she avoided him.

Seulgi knocked on the open door.

Chanyeol eye's lit up when she entered the room. He liked her simple attire without any grand ornaments. That reminded him about her appearance when he met her for the first time.

"Happy birthday your highness", Seulgi greeted the first Queen.

"Thank you... Please have a seat", Seungwan pointed at the chair beside Chanyeol. She thought that the new couple would like to sit together.

But Seulgi settled beside Seungwan without any single glance at her husband.

Both were avoiding him and he din't like it.

They waited for the second Queen but Seulgi was hungry and her stomach growled. She tried to act nonchalant but Chanyeol let out a chuckle.

"I think we should start", Seungwan suggested and they began to eat in silence.

After a few moments Sooyoung stomped into the room and didn't like the fact that they started the meal without her.

But she turned extremely happy when she sat on the empty chair beside the King.

Seungwan ate very less and Chanyeol was bothered about it as she was still sick.

"Seungwan eat more", He added few slices of meat on her food.

Seulgi felt a tinge of pain and jealousy. Sooyoung felt the same but she reciprocated it on the new Queen.

"Hey commoner, You look hideous in these robes", Sooyoung decided to make her look bad infront of the King.

"Sooyoung!!", Chanyeol frowned. He knew that Seulgi looked the complete opposite of what Sooyoung said.

He worriedly looked at her.

"So do you..." Seulgi retorted calmly and Sooyoung fumed up. She started to complain and yell but Chanyeol shot her an intense glare.

"Enough Sooyoung! Eat!", He ordered and she actually listened to him. She still remembered how he was angry few weeks ago and she didn't want to provoke him.

They ate in silence and although Sooyoung came late, she was first one to finish her meal.

Seungwan offered them some sweets she made because of the occasion.

"You cook in the palace?" Seulgi liked what she ate. She was addicted to sweets since childhood.

"Yes, I like cooking. Sometimes I visit the kitchens to prepare the food", Seungwan informed.

" You only made King's favourite dishes to impress him ", Sooyoung scowled.

Chanyeol came to Seungwan's rescue. "She prepared it because I asked her to. I didn't ask you because you can't cook. Can you??"

Sooyoung shrugged innocently and stayed quiet. She doesn't know how to cook. She was a born princess unlike the women before her.

Even I can't cook! Seulgi was sad.

" Seungwan...Do you want anything on your birthday", Chanyeol wanted to light up her mood.

" Your Majesty...I-I want to go home... Just for few days. May I go?", Seungwan asked earnestly.

Chanyeol was perplexed. The other Queens had the similar expressions as the King.

"N-No way!", He creased his brows.

"Please... Your highness"

"Your parents always visit you here.  I cannot allow you to leave the palace", He declined her wish.

" I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter