Lord and Lady

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

( Next Morning )

 

 

Chanyeol woke up excitedly and prepared himself to go out. The whole night he looked forward to meet her. He glanced at her handkerchief that she wrapped around his wound the previous day.

It had flower patterns embroidered on it. But the design looked unskillful.

' She is terrible at sewing', He laughed.

He opened a small box and placed it inside and decided not to give it back to her. 

'Today I'm going to ask her name'  He had a big smile on his face.

"Your highness!! where are you going in that attire?", Baekhyun entered the King's personal room.

" I'm going out into the city", The king adjusted his Silk robes.
He knew that his friend could keep his secret but he didn't want to tell him yet as he himself was unsure about the woman.

"Oh but you cannot go today."

"Why not?" he dropped his smile and creased his brows.

"Have you forgot that today we have a meeting with the royal ministers?", His friend reminded him.

" Baekhyun Can't we postpone it? I really need to go out today", The king made a sad pout.

"I'm afraid we cannot. The ministers have already arrived at the royal court", Baekhyun informed. Chanyeol paced in his room with a frown and his friend looked at him in suspicion.

"Now change back into your royal robes", Baekhyun took some parchments and left the room.

" She must be waiting for me.. What if she hates me for not showing up?! What should I do?"
He rubbed temples with irritation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At Lord Junmyeon's house,

 

Seulgi woke up earlier than usual and Yeri eyed her suspiciously. She had a debate in mind whether to go or not, to meet that hadsome stranger.

When she eventually made up her mind to go, Lady Eunji informed that her daughters have visited them.

Seulgi was stuck at the house because of the sudden arrival of Lady Hayoung and Lady Chaeyeon. Even though they live in the same capital city they couldn't visit their parents that often.

As they are the only daughters in the family, Eunji and Junmyeon would shower them with lots of love in the form of food. Seulgi stayed to help Eunji and Yeri prepare the food. Although they have maids Lady Eunji preferred to cook for her daughters by her own hands.

"Hayoung, Where is your son?", Eunji enquired her daughter.

"Hasen is with Sehun. He took him to the palace".

"Hayoung!!", Eunji snapped.

"Oh... Lord Sehun... happy now", Hayoung rolled her eyes at her mother. "You should never drop his title", Eunji reminded her.

Seulgi ate silenty without paying attention to the mother and daughter's squabble. She wanted to go out but she couldn't.

"How is your training Lady Seulgi?" Hayoung observed her dull look.

" She tries to skip it all the time", Junmyeon answered instead.

Seulgi was embarrassed. "Uncle Junie!!",she frowned a little and covered her face.

After the meal all the women sat together and Seulgi still had a glum look.

The Kim sisters chatted about their respective husbands and complained about few trivial issues to their mother.
Seulgi wondered how her husband to be will behave with her.

"Sometimes Sehun acts like an impudent child". 

"I can understand, Jaehyun is the same. He acts as if he is my son". Hayoung and Chaeyeon giggled together.

Seulgi was curious about how they got married to the Princes'. Chaeyeon informed the she had a arranged marriage with Prince Jaehyun.

But Hayoung's story was different.

"I liked Prince Sehun from childhood. So even though he was married I insisted that I would only marry him. And my father agreed and betrothed me to the Prince", she explained.

"So you didn't mind even if he have other wives?" Seulgi was always worried about the same as she was going to be a third wife.

" I love him and as long as he loves me I will be happy", Hayoung placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry about your wedding Seulgi. Everything will be fine", She gave her a sisterly hug.

In the evening Seulgi went back to her room.

"What if he waited for me? I shouldn't have agreed in the first place but I wanted to meet him one more time", She whined infront of Yeri.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

( Next Day )

 

Chanyeol decided to sneak out of the palace. The chances are very less but he had hoped that she might come even though he couldn't meet her the previous day.

Seulgi needed an excuse to go out of the house.

"Lord Kim it's very cloudy today ", She pointed at the window.

"Ofcourse silly, because it is rainy season".

"Uncle myeonie, can I go to the market?" Junmyeon stared at her.

"It's Yeri's birthday in few days. So I want to buy a present ", Seulgi lied.

" Go but come back soon", Junmyeon agreed.

Seulgi washed her hair that day but she didn't have much time to waste to dry such long hair. She decided to keep her hair loose until it dry on it's own.

"My Lady are you going to meet him??" Yeri gaped .

Seulgi was quite.

" You can't meet another man like this. So please refrain yourself from going", Yeri requested.

"Yeri! I promised him, so I will just go and greet him and I will be back in no time", Seulgi assured and walked out of the house.

She was excited and worried at the same time. She clutched her sling bag and long robes and hurriedly walked towards the market.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol waited for her at the place they met. He was not sure whether she would show up or not.

He checked his surroundings in alert. The place was surrounded by trees and untrimmed grass and it had little shops built in rows in both directions.

He was relieved that the market was not crowded like it usually was.

Black clouds filled the sky and he hoped that it should not rain as she might not be able come because of the rain.

Then he squinted his eyes when he saw a familiar face walked towards him.

' It's her...',  Chanyeol smiled widely and waved his hand when he saw her.

"I'm so delighted that you came", he approached her.

" I'm sorry that I couldn't come yesterday", She bowed to him.

" You did not come too ?" Chanyeol was slightly disappointed and she nodded with a sad expression.

" Even couldn't make it yesterday. I was the one who asked you to come but I got winded up in some important work", He explained in hurry.

" Oh god!! I was so sad that I couldn't go eventhough I agreed. I'm relieved that you didn't wait for me", She grinned.

Chanyeol felt happy when he saw her smile.
" What a coincidence! We both didn't show up", He was glad that she didn't have to wait for him.

Seulgi noticed that he didn't wear his black robes. She thought that those were his usual attire.

"You look different without your black robes", she pointed at his rich silky robes with beaded jewels at the sleeves and collar.

" So do I look more handsome now?"

She laughed at his self praise. She reminded herself to leave.

"Now that we have met, I should go back now", Seulgi informed and he was shocke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter