Chapter 6: A Lesson

Invisible

Dawon's POV

Afterschool I head over to head over to Mei Q's place like she told me to. Her mansion is huge it's hard to describe it. Huge would be an understatement actually, It's more like humongous. This is the first time I've actually been to her mansion. We've always studied or hung out at my house.    I stand at the gates in awe. I finally start walking towards the front door and knock on it. I expected some fancy butler to answer the door, but to my surprise Mei Qi was the one to answer the door. She greets me with a warm smile "Hey Dawon! I'm so glad you're here". I smile back at her and nod "Hey Mei Qi thank you for inviting me over, I appreciate it". Mei Qi gestures me inside "It's no problem now, come in we have so much to do". I walk inside the house and Mei Qi closes the door behind me "I'll take you upstairs to my room Dawon". I nod as she leads me up the staircase and into her bedroom. My jaw dropped when I saw her room. It was as big as an apartment. Mei Qi chuckles at my reaction "Don't be intimidated by the size Dawon, just have a seat on my bed". I immediately walk over to her bed and plop down. It's the softest thing T have ever sat on. It's so fluffy and soft I could feel myself sinking into it. "Alright let's get down to business" Mei Qi stands in front of me with flashcards. "So you want to feel more confident around Luda well you've come to the right place". She flips through the flashcards and reads them to me "Consider that Luda find your nervousness endearing. Every person is unique and is attracted to different things. While there are many people who are attracted to confident, outgoing individuals, there are also many people who find shy, nervous qualities attractive." She flips to the next flashcard. "Make light of an awkward situation. In the event that something embarrassing or awkward happens, like stuttering over your words, ease the tension by making light of it. Crack a joke or be willing to laugh at yourself." I listen to her carefully as she flips to the next flashcard "Treat Luda like a normal person. It is tempting for a lot of people to treat their crushes like people of huge importance or to put them up on a pedestal. However, taking a step back from that and reminding yourself that your crush is just a normal person will help you to calm down a bit." I nod as she flips to the last flashcard. "Lastly, act natural around your crush. This might be easier said than done, but the more you try to force yourself to act a certain way, the more noticeable and fake it seems. Take a few deep breaths, and be yourself. Luda will interpret your behavior as candid and unique instead of fake and unnatural, and then she will be encouraged to do the same." She takes in a deep breath and looks me in the eyes. "Any questions?" I shake my head. "Nope seems crystal clear, but can I keep those flashcards just to help?" Mei Qi nods and hands me the flashcards. I stand up and pull her into a hug "Thank you so much for doing this for me". She hugs back then quickly pulls away to look at me in the eyes "Like I said I would do anything for you Dawon". I pull out my phone and look at the time. It's almost dinner time "I gotta head home Mei Qi but thank you for the tips I appreciate it". Mei Qi leads me downstairs and opens the front door "No problem get home safe I'll see you tomorrow". I wave at her and exit out of the front door. She closes the door behind me and I head to my own house.