Chapter 13: Caught In A Lie

Invisible

Dawon's POV

I open my eyes and look at my alarm clock. It was early in the morning around 7 to be exact. I turn over to see that Luda is still asleep. Wow she's even cute when sleeping. It's like looking at a baby bunny sleeping. I lightly kiss her forehead and carefully slip away from her trying my best not to wake her up. I head downstairs to make breakfast for the two of us. My parents were out of town for the weekend so I had the house to myself. Luda walks downstairs a few minutes later rubbing her eyes yawning "Good morning Dawon" She mutters in a sleepy voice. "Good morning Luda I'm making us both breakfast right now" Luda frowns and walks right behind me "Dawon I would love to stay for breakfast, but my mom wants me back home" I turn around and look at her with the saddest puppy dog eyes "Luda please stay for me". Luda looks away from me "Dawon I really should change and head back home my mom will be-" I cut her off by pulling her close to me and kissing her. Luda kisses back but pulls away quickly looking into my eyes with a look of shock. "Luda please stay" She sighs "Fine I'll stay for breakfast, but let me change first" I smile and turn back around as Luda heads back upstairs. After a few minutes I turn the stove off and Luda comes back downstairs. "Hey Luda can you do me a favor and get me down two plates?" She nods and opens the cabinet. I watch her struggle to reach the plates on the top shelf until finally she gets a chair to stand on and gets them down. I chuckle as she hands the plates "What are we eating anyway Dawon?".I smile widely and hand Luda a plate of pancakes. I watch her face light up with excitement as she takes the plate "Pancakes are my favorite, but do you have any syrup?" I chuckle and pull the syrup out and hand it to her. I grab my plate of pancakes and sit at the table with Luda. I watch her scarf down her pancakes as I carefully take small bites of mine. I've been called a slow eater many times , but I just like to enjoy my food. Luda was halfway done with her pancakes when her phone rings. "I'll be right back" She says as she gets up and steps into another room. I try to listen to what she's saying from the table. "Hello? Oh hey mom. I'll be home shortly I'm just finishing up breakfast. I know mom but-' I hear as she's cut off and lets out a huge sigh. "I'm on my way now mom, I'll see you shortly bye" She returns to the table and grabs her things. "My mom says I have to come immediately" She kisses my cheek "I'll text you later Dawon" She leaves and I push my plate away and lay my head on the table.

 

Luda's POV

I hate that I had to leave Dawon so quickly, but my mom sounded furious over the phone so I had to hurry home. As I'm walking I get a text from Jiyeon "Luda I couldn't cover for you last night. You might get chewed out by your mom as soon as you get home". Oh no I'm dead if my mom finds out I was with Dawon last night. I put my phone in my pocket and sprint as fast as I can home. I open the door to my house panting heavily "Lee Luda tell me where you were last night". I gulp I find myself face to face with my mom. She doesn't seem very happy. Her arms are crossed with her eyebrow raised "I-I told you I was at Bona's house last night". She colses the door behind me "That's not what Bona said. I know you are lying so just tell me the truth Luda". I bite my lip out of nervousness "Here's the truth mom I was at Dawon's house last night" I sigh. My mom pulls my into the living room and sits me on the couch to talk to me more "Nam Dawon? You were at her house? For what reason Luda? Tell me everything" My mom looks at me and asks me in a serious tone. "Well I was at her house because it was late and she didn't want me walking home alone, and I didn't know if you were asleep last night". My mom scoffs "You knew I wan't asleep. What's your relationship with her anyway?". I freeze at her question. I could feel sweat start to form on my forehead. Should I tell her the truth? I'm afraid how she'll react. My mom knows I like girls, but she thought I liked Bona. I take a deep breathe in and decide to tell her the truth "Mom Dawon is my girlfriend". It felt so good to get that off of my chest. As soon as those words leave my mouth my mom's jaw drops in shock. I was ready to face whatever harsh thing that she said to me next "Do you love her Luda?". The question caught me off-guard. It's definitely surprised me, but I nod confidently "Mom I love her more than you can imagine". She then pulls me into a hug "I support you Luda no matter what". I felt tears start to form. Hearing her say that makes me absolutely overwhelmed with joy. Tears roll down my cheeks as I pull away from the hug "I want to meet her though. I want to make sure she's the perfect girl for you. How about you invite her for dinner tonight?" i nod and quickly pull out my phone to text Dawon about the news. 

 

Author's Note

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I decided to spice it up a bit and make it more interesting. As always thank you for reading. If you have something to suggest to make the story better don't be afraid to let me know in the comments. I hope to see you in the next chapter lovely readers. - Author~