Absurd

"Just When I Thought"

 

"Is there snow?" 

Jio is very much excited as Jinyoung is putting his snow cap on his head. 

 

His son loves snow. In Japan, Jinyoung finds it hard to keep Jio inside the house whenever there's snow. 

 

"Well I'm afraid there isn't, hon." He saw his son pouting in an instant. "But! It would be just as cold okay? And maybe we can go and skate there. I will teach you again how to skate better."

And that ought to make Jio smile.

 

Jinyoung focused on checking his and Jio's bag to see if he forgot something. He even checked if he had packed Jio's pikachus. 

 

"Jinyoung-ah!!!" He could hear Jaebum's voice from downstairs and he could only roll his eyes upon remembering how the older managed to hypnotize Jio, his own son, on making him agree on this trip.

It almost seemed like Jaebum is even more excited than the little kid. 

 

"Aren't you ready yet! They're already at the airport!"

Jaebum's pertaining to the rest of the gang. 

 

Despite of what Mark has clearly said on all three of them flying to L.A., well now, all seven of them (plus Jio) are all going.

 

"The plane ain't leaving yet for the next two hours!" Jinyoung shouted back while zipping his duffle bag and making Jio wear his small backpack. "Come on, let's go. Uncle Jaebum is too impatient."

 

Hand in hand, they walked downstairs and towards the living room.

"It's about time."

"Oh don't even start with me, Im Jaebum."

"Yah! Can you both chill?" Youngjae said clinging on his boyfriend whom Jinyoung want to smack in the head again, so bad. 

 

The two who were throwing death stares at each other were interrupted when a car honked.

"Oh great, hyung is here." Youngjae was the first one to leave the house.

"Dad!!!" then, Jio.

Jinyoung and Jaebum also headed outside following the other two.

 

"Hi, Jinyoung." Mark greeted with Jio in his arms.

"Great. Hi too, Mark." Jaebum bitterly said but Jinyoung just ignored him and greeted Mark back.

 

The ride to the airport is thirty minutes only. And once they arrived, Jackson is hollering at them, along with Yugyeom and Bambam. 

"Are you guys excited?" Jackson quirked. "Jio, are you excited?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" and now they're both jumping up and down.

"Hyung, there's going to be snow there right?" 

Jinyoung could only glare at the youngest. "It's been years since it last snowed there, Yugyeom. Don't get your hopes up."

"Oh, it's okay Gyeomie. We could just go shopping in LA." Bambam said, comforting the sulky Yugyeom.

 

This trip is surely gonna be epic.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

When they landed in LA, Mark's brother was there to fetch them. They all greeted Joey.

 

"Is this my nephew?" He asked while ruffling Jio's hair. "He looks like me."

"Stop talking nonsense, Joey." Mark countered which made the others laugh.

"Alright alright. Mom and dad are waiting for you guys. They can't wait to finally see their grandson."

 

With that, they made their way towards the van as Joey drove to the Tuan's residence.

The entire ride was filled with noise, much from Jackson, Yugyeom and Bambam. Aren't they tired from the sixteen hour flight? Jinyoung swore he'll never leave Jio in the hands of those three.

 

"Here we are."

 

The rest of the guys went ahead of Jinyoung who is still standing like a rock in front of the household.

"Hey?" He was brought back by Mark's voice. "You alright?"

Jinyoung snapped himself out and nodded. It's gonna be okay, he keeps on telling himself.

 

When they entered, Mark's mom and dad are already gushing over his son, their grandson. Jinyoung can't deny the warm feeling he's getting just by watching them.

 

He never experienced having a complete family. His parents died early when he was still six. And he was taken care of by his aunts and uncles. He doesn't want to be a burden so he went to Seoul when he was fourteen and ventured on his own. 

That's when he came across Jaebum's kind parents. They took him in and treated him like their own child.

When he and Mark got together, he got to experience having another family, in the form of Mark's parents. They loved him dearly.

Seeing them now, made Jinyoung realize how much he has missed them.

 

"Jinyoung?" Mark's mom looked at him. "Oh my dear god. You look so well."

In a flash, she's already wrapping her arms around Jinyoung. "We missed you so much, Jinyoung. It's so nice seeing you again!"

 

All of them were seated around the dining table, while enjoying the delicious dinner Mark's sisters have prepared. Both Tammy and Grace are talented in the kitchen.

They were talking, exchanging stories with one another. As usual, Jackson is stealing the spotlight. Mark is laughing at him and Jinyoung enjoys hearing his favorite sound.

 

"Uhm, can I excuse Jinyoung for a bit?" Grace who appeared from the kitchen asked, basically to Mark.

"I just need a hand with the cake. It's only Jinyoung whom I can trust." she continued.

Jinyoung excused himself and followed Grace to the kitchen.

 

The two of them did instantly get along with each other after Mark introduced Jinyoung to his family. Grace loves cooking. Jinyoung loves baking. So they taught each other what they know.

Back then, they used to bake cupcakes for Mark to cheer him up.

 

"So, what can I help you with, Grace?" Jinyoung asked while smiling. 

He saw the cake is as good as done. Maybe, she needs help with the icing?

 

"It's really good to see you again, Jinyoung." It was out of the blue, but Jinyoung smiled at her. 

"Why? Is it because no one helps you with baking anymore?" The younger joked but the latter didn't laugh.

 

"I'm sorry Jinyoung."

 

It was all Grace needed to say, for everything to come back to Jinyoung's memory.

 

 

It was sudden when Grace called him out to have dinner. Jinyoung didn't even know that she's in Korea.

 

"Hi, Grace." he greeted as he sat down. "Was I late? I just got off from work and I received your message late."

Grace smiled as she handed him the menu. "Nah, it's alright. I didn't wait long. Here. You can order now. I already made mine."

 

Since Mark and him became a couple, Jinyoung was adored by Mark's parents. And even his siblings. 

Jinyoung has been good friends (almost best friend if only Jaebum wouldn't whine about it) with Grace. They just share a lot in common.

 

They were happily eating when Grace finally opened the topic that she really wanted to talk about. The reason why she flew all the way from LA, here to Korea.

 

"Did Mark already said something to you?"

Jinyoung creased his brow, scrunching his nose in the process, while recalling if there is something that Mark has told him as Grace had asked.

"Uhm. May I know what it is about?"

Grace shifted on her seat before talking again. "About how his try out in FC Seoul went? He got accepted."

Jinyoung frowned, and is quite surprised by it. "Oh. Actually he didn't. Uhm, when was this? Maybe it just slipped on his mind. I'll ask about it to him later at home."

"I'm afraid he wasn't planning on telling you at all."

This got Jinyoung confused. Why will Mark not tell him about this awesome news?

He was about to speak when Grace beat him to it. 

"You guys have been together for six years now, right?" Jinyoung nodded. "And my brother really loves you, that's for sure." He watched as Grace slowly nodded. "I totally understand why he wants to make that decision. Of course, he'll always choose you over anything."

Jinyoung is lost. What exactly are they talking about?

"Uhm, I'm sorry but, what decision are you talking about, Grace?"

It took quite a moment before Grace looked at him in the eye and talk.

 

"Mark just got accepted in the team. The team which he long prayed for, to be a part of, we all know that." And Jinyoung could only agree. He's a witness to all Mark's struggle and disappointment in joining his dream team.

Grace sighed before continuing. "They'll be starting to train at the end of this month. In Incheon. And then three months after, the team will fly to Brazil for their year long training." 

 

Brazil? Isn't that too far away? And for an entire year?

 

"And Mark turned the offer down."

 

To say that Jinyoung is surprised would be the understatement of the year. He's in mixed emotions right now. With Mark getting accepted, and then him turning the offer down. Why? Because Mark doesn't want to leave him, is that it?

 

"He really loves you, Jinyoung." Grace said. "I've tried to talk some sense into him, saying that maybe a long distance relationship will work just fine since trust is not an issue between the two of you. I said that you'll support him because I know you definitely will. I tried convincing him that he doesn't need to sacrifice his dream for you. I tried reminding him that this is what he has long hoped for. But, really that guy. He can really be stubborn sometimes. Once he decides, there's no changing that."

 

Jinyoung wasn't able to say anything. His mind is in a complete mess right now. This is too much.

He then felt Grace's hand squeezing his. That made him look at the latter.

 

"Sometimes I think Mark loves you too much. Considering he can give up his whole dream just to stay with you. All I want is for Mark to be happy. And how I hope Jinyoung, that you can sacrifice as much for my brother too."

 

 

"I'm really sorry, Jinyoung."

He was alarmed when he saw Grace who's about to cry. Jinyoung's heart felt like breaking. He doesn't want to see her like this. It's not her fault. None of this is her fault.

 

"If only I didn't talk to you that night. If only I let you and Mark talk everything out. If I didn't interfere...maybe you two are still together. You shouldn't have left Mark. He wouldn't have been miserable."

Grace continued to cry as Jinyoung hushed her. 

It was not her fault. She only made Jinyoung realize things. But she didn't push Jinyoung away from Mark. It's his own decision. Not anyone else's.

 

"I only wanted what's best for Mark. It was painful to see him throwing away his dream. I couldn't take that. But Jinyoung, when you left, Mark became miserable. Even after reaching his dream, he's still miserable and it's more painful to see that!"

"Ssshhh Grace."

"And it's all my fault! I was the one who brought him so much misery. I can't forgive myself."

That's when Jinyoung's stears started to stream down his face. 

"Grace, listen. It was my own decision to leave Mark. I sacrificed our relationship, my happiness, for him to be able to go after his dream. And seeing what he has become, it makes me happy. He's now successful in his chosen field. That's all I wanted for him." Jinyoung held Grace's shoulders and wiped her tears. "I love Mark. I loved him enough to let him go."

 

Jinyoung was quite glad that he and Grace had this kind of talk. At least he finally got everything out of his chest.

"Now, come on. Those guys are waiting for the cake, they might think we already ate it."

Grace nodded and smiled but before heading to the dining room, she spoke again.

 

"I really like you for Mark, Jinyoung. You are the best for him. I should've realized that sooner."

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Mark is nowhere to be found and his family is worried. 

It's already past 10 in the evening and he's still not home.

 

When Jinyoung and Grace went back to the dining room, only Mark's mom, dad, Joey and Tammy are there. Joey said that his friends already excused theirselves and said that they'll be taking a rest after the long flight.

He assumed that Mark also rested but when Jio asked Jinyoung to accompany him to his dad's room, there was no Mark.

 

"Have you tried calling him?" Jinyoung asked Jaebum as they were all outside the house.

"Yeah I did, but he's not answering."

Jinyoung bit his lips trying to think of where Mark could've been. He resorted to calling Mark.

 

After five rings, he picked up.

 

"Mark Tuan. Where are you this hour of the night?" Jinyoung spatted.

"Jinyoungie~~"

 

Wait. Is this guy drunk?

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung saw Mark seated on a bench, with a couple of cans of beer around him. 

Yes. He's definitely drunk.

 

Thank goodness, Mark told him where he was. Cause if he didn't, will Mark be able to get home by himself?

He approached the older who is staring up at the blank sky.

 

"Mark." 

Jinyoung stood on front of him and waved his hand. "You're drunk, aren't you? You sh'thead, let's go! We need to get you home."

 

But Mark didn't cooperate when he tried getting him up. Instead, he managed to pull Jinyoung down and now, is seated beside him.

"Mark, come on!"

"Jinyoung-ah!" Mark shouted. "Hey, Park Jinyoung!"

Jinyoung eyed the older curiously. This guy is definitely drunk.

 

"How dare you walk into my life, turn my whole world upside down, and then leave me just like that?!"

Jinyoung's mouth fell open. He wasn't ready for this. Drunk or not drunk, he can't talk to Mark about it just yet.

"Do you know how lost I was when you left? Do you know how many nights, weeks and months did I cry myself to sleep, hoping every single day, that you'll call me, and say that you want me back. That you'll take me back..."

Mark's voice broke and Jinyoung still couldn't say anything.

"But you didn't. You didn't come back, Jinyoung. You didn't."

 

Jinyoung swallowed his sobs and tried to talk. "Mark, it's not-"

"I heard you talking to Grace." Jinyoung's voice became impeded. "You left because you wanted me to go after my dream, was that it? You wanted me to be happy, was that it?"

Mark pushed him back a little, allowing Jinyoung to see his face full of tears. And it's enough to break Jinyoung's heart.

"Did you really think I became happy? Did you really think, I got what I wanted, I got my dream?" 

Jinyoung tried to reach Mark but he restrained and Jinyoung could only sob.

"My dream was to be with you. My dream is to spend the rest of my life with you." Mark's lips quivered as he continued. "You were my dream, Jinyoung. But you left me."

Jinyoung wasn't able to hold his tears back anymore. He let them stream freely. His heart is clenching with so much pain, seeing Mark crying in front of him. Because of him.

 

"I'm sorry, Mark." He reached for the older's face. Caressing his cheeks and wiping his tears. "I'm really sorry, please forgive me."

Jinyoung's tears won't end, as he rested his forehead against Mark's.

 

"Jinyoung..." He also felt Mark's hand on his cheeks. "I love you so much. Please come back to me. Please..."

 

Then Mark did an absurd thing.

He kissed Jinyoung.

 

But Jinyoung did an even more absurd thing.

 

 

He kissed Mark back.

 

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

 

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah 🎶🎶🎶 and yep, that would be in Jinyoung's voice.

 

Thank goodness I am still alive after writing this chapter. Goodness. Gracious!!!

I don't know what I'm doing with my life anymore. 

 

Again sweeties, a DOUBLE UPDATE right before i doze off to sleep. :) Cause you guys are the awesomest of all the awesomessss :) <3

 

I hope you loved these chapters. I'm gonna update again real soon (and that's tomorrow) ;)

 

Please leave a comment, subscribe and upvote if you still haven't because that would mean a lot. :*

 

Toodles!!!

 

<3 nicapark