Only You

"Just When I Thought"

 

"Appa! Wake up!" 

 

Jinyoung scrunched his nose as he tried to open his eyes. 

He stayed up too late last night because he needed to finish proofreading one of their writer's draft. It took him six hours to finish it. 

He wanted so much to stay on his bed, maybe just for at least another hour. But he knows very well that his son won't let him.

 

"Appa! Come on! Wake up! Pleeeeaaaassseee???"

Jinyoung woke up to see a pouting Jio. He's on the side of his bed, dragging the blanket off his appa's face.

 

With a long sigh, Jinyoung finally decided to give up on sleep.

"Alright. Alright, I'm awake now, hon."

A cute little smile crossed the boy's puffy face. "You know what day is it today, appa?"

Jinyoung sat up and stared at his son whose eyes were filled with hope and delight.

"Hmmm... beats me. What day is it, actually?" Jinyoung chose to tease his son a bit. But he regretted it as soon as he saw how his son's face turned into a frown. He can't possibly bear to see his baby sad. "Isn't it my one and only baby Jio's birthday?"

 

His son's round eyes turned into eye smiles, as the kid beamed with joy and started to bounce up and down on his bed.

Jinyoung finds it real cute but he's worried Jio might fall over so he stopped the kid from bouncing.

 

"Okay, you need to stop, baby. You're gonna hurt yourself." Jio did as he was told so. Jinyoung smiled and patted his head. "I can very well see that you're excited but, did you wake your dad up yet?"

 

Last night, Jio slept beside him. It's been a schedule. Kind of in an alternate order. Jion will sleep in Mark's then Jinyoung's. Jio is happy with it since he can sleep with the both of them.

 

"I'll go wake him up now, appa!"

Then Jio set off to a run outside their room and probably towards his dad's.

Jinyoung could only shake his head in amusement.

 

Today is Jio's fifth birthday. And the kid is obviously excited. He can't blame him though. Mark has promised him a lot of things. And Jinyoung knows Mark will keep all those.

Funny as it is, well, it happened as how Youngjae suggested it. Mark did prepare everything regarding their son's birthday party.

The older involved him of course in all the planning. Jinyoung was the one who had the final say on the party's menu. He approved of the candy corner because Jio really wants that. And also, much to Jackson and Bambam's frequent insisting. 

He also pushed through his plan on making it a pikachu themed party, only he modified it into a pokemon themed party. He figured it will give the guests a wider variety of choices when it comes to picking costumes.

Of course, the whole gang is invited. But because Mark is quite a celebrity now, more guests were added in the list. And Mark's manager requested for the party to be publicized.

Jinyoung agreed to it, since he realized it's also going to be a chance for Mark to introduce his son to the public. And it'll be a good thing, he thinks. No more hiding.

 

"Hey?" Mark's head popped inside his room, snapping Jinyoung from his own thoughts. "Good morning."

"Yeah. Good morning. Where's Jio?"

"Uhm, jumping up and down in the living room." Their son, really. "He's also really excited to see his costume. So I figured, we can all go and fetch our costumes after breakfast?"

The younger nodded. "Oh right. Okay."

Mark smiled at him. "Great. I'll go make pancakes."

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung's phone buzzed from their friends' messages. It's mostly Jackson asking him if there's really going to be a chocolate fountain, and Bambam pleading to let him go to the party without wearing a costume.

Jinyoung ignored them all.

 

The three of them just came from the shop where they bought their costumes. 

 

It is already mentioned that the party is pokemon-themed. Each guest is required to attend, wearing a costume. So, Jinyoung and Mark are no exceptions. They also need to be in costumes too.

They decided to go for pokemon characters, since Jio will be dressed as Ask Ketchum. Mark of course went for Pikachu. And Jinyoung just followed Mark's suggestion and went for Raichu.

 

"The reporters should certainly not take photos of me. I have a reputation to uphold." Jinyoung is somehow serious but Mark just laughed at him.

"Just lose your reputation just this once and give Jio an awesome birthday party."

And of course Jinyoung cannot have the heart to disagree to that. So without saying any more, he went inside his bedroom to go change into his cute costume, as Mark said.

 

It was around 5pm when the party started. It was held in the hotel where Mark is staying at. The event hall is large. Enough to accommodate all of the guests.

All seven of them gathered around Jio who is really excited and happy on how his party turned out. Basically, he's just hyped up seeing all those pokemon characters.

 

Jinyoung is amused also and relieved when he saw his friends all dressed in a costume. Youngjae is Charmander, Jaebum is Charmeleon, Yugyeom is Rattata and Bambam came in as Bulbasaur. Jackson of course didn't miss his chance on being his favorite Squirtle.

The party started with some greetings. Mark gave a welcome message to all the guests. Afterwards, the maknaes (and yes, Jackson is still included) officiated the games. 

It was very fun and exciting and the three overgrown man-children really outdid theirselves in hosting. Some of the guests were already having a hard time breathing due to the jokes those three guys are saying.

 

Towards the middle of the program, Mark and Jinyoung was called on stage to give a birthday message to Jio.

 

"Uhm... hi everyone and thank you for being here." Jinyoung cleared his throat before speaking once again.

"Jio, my baby. You've been my world for the past five years. I've loved you with all the love in the world which I can give. You know appa loves you, right?" Jio nodded and smiled. "I'm sorry for not being the kind of father that you deserve. I have my low moments when it comes to parenting. I was stubborn but now I am learning. I am learning that, some things are not meant to be handled alone." Jinyoung turned to look at Mark. "Some things are best handled together."

Jinyoung smiled and faced his son. "Jio, as you grow older, I promise to always stay by your side. I will guide you and help you become the kind of person you want to be. I'll never give up on you. I will always love you like how I always did. I love you so much, baby. Happy birthday."

The guests clapped their hands for his heartwarming message. Jinyoung went up to his son and hugged him. 

"Thank you, appa! I love you!" 

"I love you too, baby." Jinyoung tried to swallow back his tears.

 

Then it was Mark's turn.

 

"Happy birthday, sport!" Mark did a salute to their son. Jio laughed out loud as he saluted back.

"I would like to apologize first for not being there while you were growing up. I missed out on some of the important happenings in your life. But from this point forward, I promise not to miss any." Mark cleared his throat as he looked back at his son. "Ever since you came into my life, son, everything seems to fall back into their proper places. When you came, only then did I realize that there's a big hole in my heart and in my life. At first I was afraid. How could I possibly handle my responsibility as a father? But spending my time with you, it made me feel sure that I can do this, being a dad to you."

Mark walked over to Jio who is happily smiling at him.

"Someday son, you'll understand the depth of my love for you. I love you so much and I'll do anything for you. Please grow up as a good boy. As a kind man, if you may. And I'll do my best to protect you and support you." He kissed the child's hair. "I love you so much, son. Happy birthday."

And right now, Jinyoung's happiness cannot be contained.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung is on his way towards the restroom when he heard a group of ladies talking.

He was about to pass by them when he heard what they were talking about.

 

"I can't believe Mark Tuan was gay. I meant, gay gay. Like, he has a son! With another man... I mean..."

Jinyoung stopped on his tracks.

"That Jinyoung guy is a hottie too. Such a downer that they're both gay for each other."

The lady in a red dress flipped her hair as she sipped on her wine. She didn't even follow the dress code, Jinyoung thought.

"I bet Mark just got a bit confused of himself. You know, maybe he got lonely and that guy was too much of a flirt and managed Mark to get him to bed." 

Jinyoung felt his blood rushing to his face.

"He's just lucky that Mark got him pregnant. Mark now has a responsibility with him." responsibility, that word stings like a bee in Jinyoung's ear. "You know girls, if I'll only get a proper chance, I can totally turn Mark into his straight self again. All I need is one night, and Mark will totally-"

The lady wasn't able to finish her words when Jinyoung bumped her, intentionally.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there."

The lady's face turned red. "What's wrong with you and your manners?"

Jinyoung lost his senses and decided to deal with the lady in his own way. 

"You're asking about my manners without minding yours first?" The lady gasped but he continued. "You really have the guts to talk about us, like that? Don't you have even a little amount of respect?"

"Said someone who doesn't have it too. Are you not aware of what you're doing? You're dragging Mark down. One of these days, his career will be destroyed and you'll only have yourself to blame."

 

Jinyoung stood still. Not able to say anything when a hand squeezed his hand gently, pulling him towards his side.

"I'm sorry miss, but I'm afraid you need to leave now."

It was Mark. Jinyoung is surprised to see him but his reaction doesn't beat the lady's. 

"M-Mark... I'm..."

"Should I call the security and make a scene for you, or can you leave by yourself?"

And that ought to make the lady finally leave.

 

"Jinyoung?" Mark faced him and has his hands on the younger's shoulder. "Are you okay? What did she say to you?"

Jinyoung stared at him for a good minute and Mark couldn't read his eyes.

"Nothing that I don't already know." He removed Mark's hands on him and was about to turn to leave when Mark suddenly grabbed his hand and tugged him outside the hall.

"Mark, where are you..." he tried breaking free but Mark's hold was firm. He's able to drag Jinyoung to the elevator.

"I'm not letting you go without having a talk." Mark turned and faced him. "There's that same look in your eyes. The look you gave me before deciding to leave me. And no, I won't ever let you leave me again."

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"Now talk."

 

Jinyoung is now seated on Mark's bed. The older is standing in front of him. 

The both of them is finally out of their costumes. It'll be hard to stay serious while talking and wearing those costumes.

 

"What did that lady say to you?"

He didn't answer.

"Jinyoung, talk. God damn it!"

"She said that I'm only gonna destroy your career." Jinyoung blurted. "She said that I'll only drag you down."

Mark's mouth fell open as he tried to grasp for words. "You know-"

"She said that you're only stuck with me because you have a responsibility." Jinyoung's lips quivered. Remembering all those that heard, is somehow enough to break his heart.

"Jinyoung-"

"She even said that if she'll get a proper chance, she can steal you away and make you hers." Jinyoung then felt hot tears streaming down his face. 

He kept his head down, trying to hide his tears from Mark.

"And I know she's right. You are not even mine to start with. You're not married to me and I'm just someone whom you got pregnant." he looked at Mark who was alarmed to see his face full of tears.

"Jinyoung, don't say that-"

He shook his head continuously. "She just said the truth but for a funny reason, I got hurt. She just reminded me of where I should stand in your life. I have no right to feel all this. I don't have the right to get hurt and be jealous!"

Just then, he felt Mark's hands cupping his face. He's now kneeling in front of him, face to face with him.

He wiped away the younger's tears. "I will say to you, the exact same words you've said to me." Mark inched closer, caressing Jinyoung's cheeks.

 

"You have all the right to get jealous, Jinyoung. Who even said that you don't?"

Mark's eyes were so full of emotions. Emotions that Jinyoung knew very well since the very beginning. He bit his lips as Mark held his cheeks. 

He missed this. His Mark.

"Do I, really?" He asked the same thing Mark asked the last time.

A smile played on the older's lips.

 

"You have every right to be jealous. You own me, Jinyoung. Every part of me screams your name." He felt Mark's soft lips against his. "I love only you, Jinyoung."

And as their lips synced in one movement, Jinyoung started to lose all his senses. His hand travelled to Mark's hair as he answered his kiss with the same intensity. 

Mark's tongue grazed the side of Jinyoung's lips asking for entrance and the younger willingly gave him what he wants.

"I want my chance okay?"

It's as if Mark was testing him or something. He could only close his eyea and nod, feeling the older's lips travel from his lips, down to his jaw.

God, please! He almost begged.

"Will you take me back?" Mark asked and Jinyoung could only bite his lips and dig his nails further into the older's back.

Just kiss me, already! He wanted to yell at Mark.

"Jinyoung?"

He nodded while still biting his lips. 

"I want to hear you say it."

He cursed as he felt Mark's lips travelling from his jaw, down to his neck, leaving soft bites.

 

"Y-yes.. Yes, I will take you back."

And from that moment on, Mark didn't seem to hold back.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung woke up after hearing consecutive knocks outside the door. . . . . . . . . . . . of Mark's bedroom!

Gosh. He remembers everything that happened.

Everything that they did. 

 

A couple of knocks again. Jinyoung tried to wake Mark up who is nuzzling on his neck, refusing to let go.

 

It was too late before Jinyoung realized that they haven't got a chance to lock the door. 

Jio was already running towards them. Jinyoung panicked as he recalled being totally underneath the sheets!

 

"Appa! Dad!"

Jinyoung elbowed Mark and hit him in the head. Mark winced before waking up also.

 

"Oh, hi baby." Jinyoung greeted, setting aside his wildly beating heart.

Jio is pouting. "Where did you go last night? You and dad weren't able to see me when I cut my birthday cake!"

"A-about that... Uhm..." Jinyoung turned to Mark to ask for help but the other was just laughing so he hit him on his shoulders.

"Ouch!" Mark silently complained before turning to Jio. "Who cut the cake with you?" 

"Uncle Jackson."

Jinyoung smiled guiltily. "Uhm, sorry about that baby. Something just came up and me and your dad was really tired last night."

"Oh yes. Really.

Jinyoung glared at Mark who is far from serious. 

The older then sat right up and patted their son's head. 

"Why not this, sport. To make it up to you, appa and dad will go take you to the theme park. Sounds exciting?"

In a second, Jio's face lit up and jumped up and down. "Great, dad! I would love that! I'll go ask Uncle Jackson and Uncle Bambam, and Uncle Yugyeom, and Uncle Jaebum and -..."

Jio was excitedly talking as he made his way outside their bedroom.

Only then was Jinyoung able to exhale. That was so close.

 

Jinyoung then felt a pair of arms wrapping on the side of his waist and torso.

"I'll never get tired waking up to this." Mark said as he pulled Jinyoung to lie on the bed again.

Jinyoung rolled his eyes and tried to wriggle off Mark's hold.

 

"Hey, get off of me." Jinyoung whined when suddenly, he felt something twitch right behind him.

His eyes widened as he slapped Mark hard on his chest. "Let go of me, you ert!"

But Mark could only laugh while tightening his arms around the younger.

 

"What?! This is just normal! You were gone for a very long time and I missed you. You should somehow make it up to me."

 

Jinyoung almost squealed as Mark nuzzled on his neck. Giving him butterfly kisses.

 

And this right here is what Jinyoung always prayed for.

Just when he thought that his chance for one true love is gone, he found Mark again.

 

And no, he is not planning to let him go ever again.

 

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

 

okay. That's around 3k word vomit. Hahaha.

 

Yes. This is the LAST CHAPTER. 

 

 

but since you guys are such awesome readers....

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, I'll post a special chapter for you guys! And I'll post it tomorrow! :)

are you guys excited?

 

but please give this chapter some love first before we get on to that bonus chapter. Alright? :)

 

Again, comment, subscribe and upvote if you still haven't :*

 

<3 nicapark