Special: "Staying is a Choice"

"Just When I Thought"

 

"ARE YOU INSULTING ME???!!!"

 

Mark was taken aback by how angry Jinyoung sounded when he yelled at him. He stood there, beside Jinyoung who was seated across the dining table.

He stood still like a tree. He wasn't even able to put the plastic bag on the table. He just bought him peaches, but seeing Jinyoung's red cheeks, oh his husband ain't happy alright.

 

"But, babe I only bought what you wanted me to buy."

 

It was 2 in the morning when Jinyoung woke Mark up, and demand for his husband to buy him peaches. In this wee hour, he wanted peaches. But of course being a good husband, he complied. 

He drove to the market (thank God it was open) and bought Jinyoung some peaches. And now, he's angry?

 

"Is this your way to say that my face looks as puffy as these peaches???"

Mark waved his hands to let his husband know that, no of course not. Never will he dare to make fun of him. He loves him and he doesn't want to die yet.

"No, no babe. You specifically told me that you like to eat peaches that's why I bought you some."

Jinyoung frowned even more as he glared at him. "Well now I want apples. And I want green ones!"

Mark heaved a very long sigh. 

 

It's another thirty minute drive to the market. It's just minutes after three. In the market, Mark decided to buy all kinds of apples. Better sure than sorry. 

He still remembered how the cashier looked at him as she punched in all of the apples he bought. There's green and red ones. He even saw McIntosh and Golden Delicious. Wow. They all look alike but he never thought they have different names.

 

But when he went home, he just saw a sleeping Jinyoung on their bed. Now he can't wake him up, can he?

He sat beside his sleeping husband who has been really cranky these past few months, but he still loves anyway. Mark brushed his raven hair, covering his closed eyes.

Yes, he is tired. He just had a two hour drive to and from the market, all for his husband's craving.

Goodness gracious. The things he'll do for Jinyoung.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"Daaaad!!!"

Mark peeked his head by the door to look at his son who is in the living room. "Yes, sport?"

Jio is struggling to wear his shoes. He's going to school. He's now on his first grade in elementary and it's the first day of school. Of course his son is excited.

"Oh, never mind dad. I got it."

Mark smiled as he realized that his son is now a big boy. He just turned seven a week ago. Jio might've grown taller, but for him, he's still his baby.

He just continued on preparing their breakfast. It's always been his task every morning since he doesn't want Jinyoung to be tired in doing these things. 

After setting up the table, he called on his son and they are together. Jinyoung is still in their room, fast asleep. He'll just bring him breakfast in bed later before driving Jio to school.

 

Jinyoung is now five months in his pregnancy. His baby bump is slightly bigger and very much noticeable, making it hard for him to choose his day to day clothes.

He has stopped working. And by working, Mark meant going to office. Cause right now, he still works but he's home based. It's what their ob/gyn has prescribed them. Jinyoung should be staying at home and getting proper rest. After all, male pregnancy is much more delicate than female pregnancy.

Mark always makes sure to take care of Jinyoung and understand him through his every rant.

Towards the end of Jinyoung's first trimester, he has been really cranky. Like that one time....

 

 

"MARK!!!!"

 

He heard his husband shout from inside their bedroom. Mark was downstairs, he's fixing their plates. Jackson, Bambam and Yugyeom just fetched Jio. They said they'll take him to the mall.

 

"Yes, babe?" he ran towards their bedroom, and inside, he saw Jinyoung going nuts over choosing what to wear.

Jinyoung is just three months pregnant and his bump is not yet visible. Yes, Jinyoung is just over reacting.

"My clothes won't fit me anymore!"

 

Mark walked closer and looked at all the scattered clothes on their bed. Some are on the floor, even. "That's not true. You can still wear your loose shirts."

Jinyoung glared at him. "So I'm only meant to wear loose clothes?"

Mark wasn't able to answer. His husband then turned towards the mirror. "Look, this won't fit!"

Jinyoung is trying to zip his pants up, but of course it won't fit. Now, as to why Jinyoung wants to wear jeans while staying at home, is out of his mind's grasp.

"Babe, you can just wear pajamas or something-"

"It. Won't. Fit."

Jinyoung grows more and more frustrated by the minute and won't listen to him. 

 

"I'm fat now. My clothes won't fit me!"

Mark heaved a sigh as he touched his arm. "Babe, look.. This is normal for someone who is pregnant. Of course your tummy will grow bigger. And that's alright."

"No it's not. I don't want to be fat, and you Mark, you're not helping!"

Jinyoung stormed outside their room, leaving him dumbfounded.

 

 

 

"Dad! I'm gonna be late!"

Mark turned to shush Jio who is standing by their bedroom door. 

"Sorry, dad." Jio smiled guiltily and just walked away.

Mark put the tray of food by the sidetable and reached for Jinyoung's head and kissed his hair. "I'll be back, love."

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"Why do you look so tired, Tuan?"

His team mate asked after tapping his back.

"Nah. I'm good, man."

 

Mark just finished taking a quick hot shower after their training.

He does look tired. But no, it's not because of their training. He's used to that. He's been doing that for seven years. So that is not his problem.

His problem is not from this morning.

It's from last night...

 

 

"Babe..."

Mark felt the other side of their bed shift as Jinyoung moved closer to him, wrapping his arms around the older.

"Babe, are you sleeping?"

He felt his warm breath against his neck, and how he clinged on to his dear self looking for control. 

"Jinyoung-" He flinched upon the touch of the younger's lips on his nape.

"It's been so long..." his husband mumbled against his shoulder. "I missed you so much..."

Mark bit his lips as he carefully removed Jinyoung's arms from his waist. "Babe... Babe.. I missed you too but-"

Jinyoung's hand won't stop moving, and now it's traveling towards south, and Mark is struggling to hold on to his self control.

Of course he missed Jinyoung! And now that his husband is initiating things, he's not one to complain or say no. But, the thing is, Jinyoung is already six months pregnant. His tummy is way bigger than before and they have to be extra careful.

Their ob/gyn told them to avoid ual up until Jinyoung's labor. And Mark understands that. He doesn't want to squeeze their baby girl.

Yes, it's a girl. He recalled how excited Jio was upon knowing that he's having a little sister.

 

"I missed you, Mark." 

Shutting his eyes tight, Mark turned to face his husband who looks dazed. "Babe, I'm sorry but I don't think we can do this."

Jinyoung frowned at him. "Why not?"

Mark sighed and reached to stuck the younger's stray hair on his ear. "You know what the doctor said... We should be careful."

It was seconds after when Jinyoung spoke. "I don't need your excuses. Just tell me that you don't want to do it." 

He was alarmed when Jinyoung turned his back at him. "You don't love me anymore."

Mark is lost. 

Jinyoung won't talk to him anymore.

 

 

Mark felt his phone buzz. Jackson is calling him, asking him to meet up, together with Yugyeom and Bambam. And maybe, that's just what he needs.

When he opened up all his frustrations to his friends, they just laughed at him. Good friends, aren't they?

The four of them decided to stay a bit longer since it's a Saturday and Mark doesn't need to fetch Jio from school. 

But when he went home that evening, there was no one in their house. He tried calling Jinyoung but his husband won't answer. 

He decided to call Jaebum.

"He went here with Jio. He's mad at you for being out too long."

 

Mark drove to Jaebum's and Youngjae's house. 

When he went to Jaebum's, he saw how Jaebum took care of Jinyoung. How he knows how to handle a grumpy Jinyoung. How he knows what he wants and needs. Even better than he does.

Then he realized, oh right, Jaebum was the one who was with him when he was carrying Jio. That hits a spot.

Youngjae tapped his back, he's playing with their daughter, Minyoung and his son Jio.

"It's alright, hyung. You're doing good at taking care of Jinyoung hyung. Don't worry." 

 

But if he says that Youngjae's words weren't able to pacify his worries, is it not understandable?

That night, he just watched silently as Jinyoung slept peacefully.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"You won't be the baby anymore!"

"There will be a new princess in the house!"

 

The seven of them are all in their house. And those were Yugyeom and Bambam teasing his son who is cradled in Jackson's arms.

"Hey you spawns of Satan! Leave my baby alone!"

 

The guys were pestering Jio because they know the kid is starting to get jealous of his little sister.

Jinyoung is now on his third trimester, and almost all their attention are focused on their baby. Mark is thankful for Jackson. Never did he imagine he'll be this thankful to the chinese, but now he is. He really deserves the best uncle award.

 

Mark is in the kitchen, preparing snacks for the guys and him. It's movie night. 

They are watching Baby Boss 2, since they have kids with them, and no he's not pertaining to Yugyeom.

Just then, Jaebum came to help him. 

 

"How are you holding up?"

He didn't expect the question. He knows Jaebum is aware of what he's going through with Jinyoung and his pregnancy. 

Mark stared at the younger. He sighed as he decided to be honest of how he was feeling.

 

He's jealous of how good Jaebum is at taking care of Jinyoung. Of how he knows just what to do every time Jinyoung throws tantrums. Of how he knows how to deal with Jinyoung every time the younger becomes cranky.

He's jealous. He's jealous of the fact that Jaebum is doing a better job at taking care of his own husband.

He wishes to do the same. But he doesn't quite know how.

When Jinyoung was carrying Jio, where was he? Jaebum was the one who was with him. And now, now he feels like walking on thin ice.

It's all new to him. He doesn't know where to start.

 

"Just, understand him." Jaebum told him. "He may be at his worst during these times, but all he needs is to feel that you're still with him, and that you love him.  I know you can do that."

Mark stares at Jinyoung who is now laughing at Jackson.

 

Yes, he can.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"MARK!!!"

It's that again.

 

Mark is downstairs, preparing their breakfast when he heard Jinyoung calling from their bedroom.

He ran to get to where Jinyoung is.

And there he saw the same thing he sees, every morning.

 

Jinyoung is struggling on zipping his pants. They both knew very well that it won't fit him.

 

"This wouldn't fit me!!!" Jinyoung whines, but Mark ends up hugging him from behind. He enveloped the younger inside his arms.

Jinyoung sobs. "I look like a whale."

Mark giggles, kissing Jinyoung's cheek, "No you don't. You look beautiful."

 

Yes, there may be times when he gets tired. But he believes staying in any relationship is a choice.

He saw how Jinyoung smiled at him through the mirror. "And I do love you very much."

 

And this, this is his choice.

 

He slowly turned Jinyoung to face him.

Caressing his cheeks, he brought his face closer, meeting his lips with his, kissing all his worries and fears away.

 

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

 

Annyeong!!! :)

 

I'M BAAAAACK!!! ❤💞

 

My goodness, I missed this fam sooo much!!! Have you???

 

Maybe I'll be writing special chapters for this fic of mine which I REALLLYYYYYY love. If time would let me.

 

I'm not really good in time management and yet, I still keep on putting too much on my plate. Hahaha. Can I get any worse?

 

Anyway, if you guys have read this, THANK YOUUUU!!! :) :*

 

Let's see each other on another fic of mine? Or maybe another special chapter??? 👀 Who knows.

 

Toodles guys! :)

 

<3 nicapark