Tease

"Just When I Thought"

 

"Oh hyung, this is really a bad timing! Not when I needed your help to plan my wedding!"

Youngjae is whining nonstop while Jinyoung is busy packing his and Jio's things.

 

After arriving in Korea, he and Jio went straight to the couple's house. When Mark called him after his talk with the team's manager, Jinyoung started to pack their things. 

 

"Babe, Jinyoung can still help us even if he won't be staying here anymore. Cheer up!" Jaebum said as he's also helping with the packing.

"Oh, alright." Youngjae pouted as he stood from the bed and started helping also. "I guess I should be happy for you since you and Jio are gonna stay with Mark hyung now."

They finished packing just in time when Mark arrived to fetch them.

 

"But you better promise, hyung. You'll help me still."

Jinyoung smiled while handing the bags to Mark. "Of course, I will Youngjae. This is a special moment for you. I will certainly be there for you."

 

The three of them drove to Mark's house.

Mark explained how the talk went while they were in the car.

 

The manager has nothing negative to say about their relationship and the fact that they have a son. But he demanded for Mark and Jinyoung to live together to protect Mark's image. Mark can't be labelled as an irresponsible dad. So that means, they should also patch up their relationship.

And Jinyoung believes he is in no position to disagree to that. He owes Mark that much. 

 

As soon as they entered the house, Jio jumped his way to the living room and sat on the couch. He then started playing with his pikachu.

"Jio, take off your shoes first." Jinyoung reminded him.

"Yes, appa." 

 

Mark could only smile at that. "Come in." He gestured inside as Jinyoung took his shoes off.

 

Jinyoung's eyes wandered around the spacious place. In the hallway towards the living room, there's a portrait of Mark wearing his football uniform. He looks handsome but Jinyoung just kept it in his thoughts. The living room probably occupies the largest space. There's a large flatscreen tv, a big and obviously comfy gray couch, and a small coffee table at the center.

"This is the living room, and over your left is the kitchen." 

Jinyoung watched as Mark walked towards the kitchen. 

"I'll just drink water. Can I get you something?" He asked.

"No, I'm good." 

Jinyoung answered before turning to the glass doors in front of him. He walked towards it, only finding out that it's the certain part of the house which he always loved.

He recalled early mornings spent outside the veranda of Mark's apartment.

 

"I knew you'd go here." Jinyoung heard Mark from behind. The older stepped closer and overlooked the busy street below. "You know, it'll be nice to eat breakfast here. Just like the old times..."

Jinyoung found himself smiling at the memory. Just like the old times... He shrugged. "As long as you make pancakes."

 

Mark is leading their way past the living room, towards the bedroom. He apparently owns the whole floor. 

 

"So this is going to be your room, and Jio's."

Mark opened, which appeared to be a guestroom, with a key. Yeah. He's staying in a guestroom. And are you disappointed, Park Jinyoung? He mentally rolled his eyes. Get your act together. He scolded himself.

 

It was a spacious room also. With one bed, enough to fit him and Jio. There's a bedside table, and there's also a study table near the window, overlooking the city. There's also a t.v. Mark knows he loves watching late night shows before going to sleep. 

 

"Did you like it?" Mark asked behind him. "I mean... Is it... Is it good or do you... perhaps-"

"It's fine, Mark." Jinyoung said, cutting Mark's words. "This is perfect for me. No worries." He assured him.

"Oh. Great then." The older scratched the back of his head. "Uhm, I guess I'll leave you to fix your things? Do you want to eat something?"

"No. We already ate at Jaebum's. I'm fine here."

With that, Mark left him. When he's left alone, he exhaled for an unknown reason. He didn't even know that he's holding his breath. Shaking off his thoughts, he decided to unpack his things. He still needs to work.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung is busy attending to his boss' emails when he heard Jio's laugh resounding the whole floor.

He finished replying to the last email before going outside his room and check on his son.

He peeked in the living room only to see his son squealing with joy while playing video games with his dad. Mark is no different too. He's kicking the air too with his son while shouting.

They're having fun and Jinyoung could see that, but it's too late in the night and they might disturb the people occupying the other floors. 

 

"Hey, kids." Mark immediately stopped the game as soon as he saw Jinyoung. "It's too late already. You should go to sleep."

Although Jio doesn't want too, he's obedient enough to do as what he was told. When the three of them reached Jinyoung's room, Jio shifted on his feet and didn't let go of Mark's hand just yet.

 

"Okay, baby." Jinyoung sighed and turned to Jio. "You can sleep with your dad tonight."

Jio is clearly happy about it but he looked at Jinyoung first before going with his dad.

"You should sleep there too, appa."

Jinyoung is flustered. Mark just grinned and tapped Jio's shoulders leading him towards his room.

 

The next morning, as what Mark promised, he made pancakes. Jinyoung is in charge of the coffee and Jio's milk.

The three of them ate their breakfast in the veranda. Just like old times indeed. Only now, they have Jio with them.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"Hyung! How about this one?"

Youngjae appeared from the fitting room, wearing a white wedding suit with black linings, paired with a red bowtie.

Jinyoung agreed on coming with Youngjae in his suit fitting. He asked why he didn't come with Jaebum who's with Bambam and Yugyeom but Youngjae said he doesn't want bad luck on his wedding.

"You look good in it."

"You've been saying that for the past three suits, hyung!"

"Well, I'm sorry Youngjae. I am just bad when it comes to fashion. You should've brought Bambam. Or Jackson."

Youngjae sat beside him with his arms crossed. "Bambam is with Jaebum. And Jackson hyung is busy with something."

Jinyoung closed the magazine that he was reading and faced Youngjae.

"You look good in everything that you have tried on. You can pick out anything."

And that seemed to calm Youngjae down. That, or he just gave up on Jinyoung and his fashion sense.

 

"Anyway, hyung. What's your plan for Jio's birthday?"

Right. It's next week. It'll come first before the couple's wedding which is in two weeks.

"I don't know yet." Jinyoung shrugged. "But maybe I'll go for a Pikachu themed birthday party. I have no one to invite anyway aside from the gang."

Youngjae nodded. "I'll help you with it, hyung."

The older laughed. "You're already too busy with your wedding."

"Fair point. Why not let Mark hyung prepare all of it? He got all the resources."

Jinyoung ignored the younger's suggestion as he felt his phone buzz.

It's a text from Jackson.

 

Jackson: Clear your sched this Friday. Youngjae and Jaebum aren't gonna get married without a stag party!!!

 

Jinyoung looked over Youngjae who's getting his suit taken off. 

Looks like Jackson really pushed through with that stag party despite Jaebum clearly telling him not to.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

The room is filled with Jackson's screams and Bambam's eew as they were watching men grinding in their boxers.

"Come on, Bambam! Yugyeom! You got to admit, this kinda turn you guys on!" Jackson yelled through the loud music.

 

They were all seated on a table, in front of a mini stage where four guys are y dancing.

Jinyoung almost covered his eyes when the guys started to approach them.

 

"Oh, stop please. I'm sorry."

He politely declined but the man just grinned in front of him.

Jinyoung's mind is in panic, not knowing what to do when the masked guy got his hand, guided it from his chest, down to his torso.

 

"Oh god, no. Uhm-"

But then he felt someone grabbing his hand away from the guy's body.

It was firm.

 

"Back off." Mark said sternly.

"No one's supposed to touch him, a*shole. Be thankful that this is your job, but never, and I mean never touch him again. Or it'll be the death of you."

Mark tugged his hand and put Jinyoung to his side.

Jackson stood up and complained.

 

"Hey, Mark! Stop being such a killjoy! The party isn't finished yet!"

But Mark stood his ground.

 

"You can party all you want Jackson, but Jinyoung is going home with me now."

 

As soon as they reached Mark's car outside, the older examined him.

"Are you okay, Jinyoung? Sht. That guy! I'm really gonna kill him!"

"Why? Why would you kill him?" 

Mark's eyes widened. "Because he touched you!"

"Am I not allowed to be touched?" Jinyoung just felt like testing him.

"D*mn right!" Mark spatted.

 

Jinyoung smirked. "Then why are you holding my hand right now?"

Mark exhaled before finally letting go of Jinyoung's hand.

 

"You didn't have to do that, Mark."

Mark turned to him.

"Oh yeah. I don't. Who am I to do that? You're not mine anyway. So why would I get jealous? I don't have the right to get jealous."

Jinyoung felt something tugging the corner of his heart. And right at that moment, something made him feel brave.

 

"That's not what I meant." He took a deep breath. "You have all the right to get jealous, Mark. Who even said that you don't?"

Mark fell silent for a second but was able to match his stare right after.

"Do I, really?"

Jinyoung swallowed. His eyes are directed to the older's lips. His mind is yelling 'just kiss me!'.

 

But it didn't happen.

 

Instead Mark opened the car door behind him and pulled back.

"Come on, let's get home. It's almost midnight."

 

Jinyoung's cheeks are burning right now, for sure.

But when he saw how Mark smirked before going towards the driver's seat, he could only curse mentally.

 

Such a tease!

 

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

 

So I felt like I needed to explain.

first off, I'm sorry. I was really planning to do a double update last night but I had a headache. Maybe because of the weather. It's annoyingly hot in the Philippines. I swear! 😩

So now, i finally posted Chapter 11. Sorry for waiting too long. But here it is now. 

 

I await your comments! I love reading them! Subscribe, comment and upvote if you still haven't. It would mean A LOT! :*

Last chapter coming up! :( :)

 

<3 nicapark