What happens next?

"Just When I Thought"

 

"I really want to see the tiger!"

"Please, hyung. You can't even distinguish what a tiger is!"

And Bambam earned a smack in the head from Jackson.

 

The seven friends along with Jio decided to go to the zoo. And Mark suggested on going to the best zoo in town - The LA zoo.

 

Jinyoung is making his son wear his snow cap as the kid plays with his precious pikachu.

Mark, on the other hand, along with Jaebum, is busy on stacking the back of his car with the foods that Youngjae, Jinyoung and Bambam prepared.

Even if Bambam is one of the youngest, he has quite a knack when it comes to cooking. Jinyoung has to give that one to him.

 

"Appa, is it true that there's a giant otter in the zoo that we're going to? Because I always really want to see one!"

Jinyoung doesn't really know what to answer since it's also his first time to go there. He turned to look at Mark to ask some kind of help and the older grinned before answering their son.

"There actually is, sport! You'll definitely see a giant otter in the zoo."

Jio beamed after hearing his dad's answer and Jinyoung can only give a thankful smile to Mark.

 

They haven't talked about that yet. What happened two nights ago. Quite some time has passed already but maybe it's a silent agreement between the two of them, leaving the incident not discussed.

It's not that he doesn't want to talk about it. How his cheeks flustered red after the kiss they shared. How embarassed he felt because only then did he realize how much his longing for the other can be felt through his kiss. In the end, Mark just held his hand as they walked back home. No words were spoken. But deep in Jinyoung's heart, his happiness cannot be explained.

 

"Oh, Jio! How could you not notice?" Jackson is now on his knees, face to face with his son. "You've been with a giant otter for quite some time now." the blonde is pointing his pouted lips towards the clueless Youngjae.

"Ouch!" Jackson complained when a flying shoe hit him in the head.

"Oh, sorry. It slipped." Jaebum shrugged. 

Jeez. Always the protective boyfriend, Jinyoung thought.

 

The ride to the zoo took about two hours. The eight of them split into two cars. The couple and the maknaes are in one car, with Jaebum as the driver. While there's Jinyoung, Mark, Jackson and Jio in the other.

Jio is jumping up and down, with his favorite uncle. He's already decided that Jackson is his favorite uncle and the guy can't be any happier about it. Although Jinyoung really wants to talk Jio out of it, Jaebum told him to let it go because that'll be too childish of him. He could just sigh.

 

After Mark has paid for their entrance fees, Jackson made a run towards the entrance, dragging Jio along with him. Jinyoung tried to run after the two kids but he felt Mark's hand on his wrist, gently squeezing it.

"Come on, Jinyoung. Let the kids have fun." 

Jinyoung closed his eyes briefly and counted one to ten. One to three wouldn't help. "Okay." He said, fighting the urge to roll his eyes. "Okay, then."

The older just laughed at him.

 

"Come on, grandpas! My sunshine wants to see the zebras!" They looked at Jaebum who has his arms around Youngjae who's obviously excited too.

"Hyung, I want to feed some elephants." Yugyeom said beside him.

"Oh, Yugyeom. I'm afraid they're allergic to idiots." He teased the younger.

Yugyeom's lips curled up as his brows shot up also. "Oh really? Then I should keep Bambam away from them." The yellow haired discretely pointed to his bestfriend who's busy taking selfies.

"I heard that!" Bambam said after taking another selfie. "Let's go you, brat. Take some pictures of me next to the kangaroos!"

The four went ahead of them. Jinyoung finds it funny. A bunch of adults acting like excited kids.

 

"Let's go?" 

Jinyoung looked at Mark who is waiting for him. They're the only ones left outside the zoo. 

With a smile, Jinyoung started to walk on his feet, following the older's footsteps.

 

It was already lunch time when the eight of them met again. Actually, splitting up to pairs was not really part of the plan. But as soon as Mark and Jinyoung entered the zoo, they can't find their friends. Jinyoung was almost panicking after realizing that Jio is left with Jackson alone but they received a call from the blonde Chinese. 

He said that they are with Bambam and Yugyeom. All four of them (with his son, of course) are altogether. And Jinyoung isn't sure if he should calm down or panic even more.

But Mark forced him to calm down. Saying that he knows that the guys have matured. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . somehow, and that they could trust them with their son. The two just walked around the zoo, with Jinyoung taking some pictures, and Mark being the model. Well, he's best at it. 

 

When the rest arrived, Mark and Jinyoung already prepared their lunch on a large blanket. While eating, they shared stories about their tour around the zoo. Jaebum showed the pictures that he took but Jackson complained about it.

"What is this, hyung? All I see is Youngjae's face! You're too whipped, man. I can't take this sh*t!"

"Jackson, language!" Jinyoung can't help but say, since Jio is sitting right next to him.

"What? Let me see." Youngjae got the camera from his boyfriend and looked at the photos. "Hyung! Why did you take pictures like these?" He's whining, but it is clear that he's amused by it. 

These two.. Jinyoung thought. They should really get married.

Jackson just showed them their pictures, courtesy of Bambam. They laughed at the picture where him and Jio are riding a camel. It's funny cause Jackson seemed more scared than the kid. Jackson then got the phone from them and returned it to Bambam while sulking.

 

"How may hours til we get there?" Jackson asked when the four of them were seated inside Mark's car.

"About, three or so." Mark replied as he started the engine.

"Is there going to be snow?" Here we go again, Jinyoung thought before turning towards his son.

"I'm afraid not, hon. But it's okay. What's important is that we're gonna go skating, right?" that made Jio nod and smile.

 

After their trip in the zoo, next on their itinerary is the Pershing Square where they'll go skating. It's also Jio's wish. And being a good parent, Mark granted his son's wish.

 

"Come here kid. Let's sleep. It's gonna be a long ride." Jackson said as he pulled Jio closer.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"Oh my goodness!"

Jinyoung is laughing his lungs out as he watched Mark who almost slipped and is still struggling to keep his balance.

He's not the only one laughing though, Jio is also giggling at his dad.

 

"Yah! Park Jinyoung! How could you laugh at me when I almost got injured?!"

"Oh please, Mark. You won't die from just skating." he continued laughing. "Now stand right up. And we're gliding in one, two, three..."

 

The three of them skated hand in hand. Jinyoung is leading them around the ice rink. Jio is having the time of his life, while Mark is basically fighting for his. 

Jinyoung knows how bad Mark can get at skating. Back in college, he took the initiative to teach the older but, things always end tragically. Sad to say, Mark didn't improve. And even now, Mark is still proving it to Jinyoung that he and skating will never get along well.

 

"Oh what a cute family!!!" Jackson's voice came out too loud. 

"You two should get married!" Yugyeom chimed into the teasing.

"Mark will really love that!" Bambam shouted too.

They were skating also, alongside the three of them. 

 

"Hey!" Mark retorted back. "That is hyung for you, Kunpimook!"

And he didn't even complain about the getting married part? Jinyoung shook off his thoughts.

 

"Dad! You're terrible!" 

"You really love me so much, don't you, sport?" 

And Jio squealed as he tried to skate away from his dad. 

 

Jinyoung laughed as he watched the two, Mark wobbling instead of skating. Jackson, Yugyeom and Bambam also joined in the fun.

The couple, Youngjae and Jaebum, is quite far from them, skating side by side, taking all the time in the world and enjoying it together.

 

"So I'm thinking..." Mark was panting beside him. He's given up on chasing his son. 

"What?" Jinyoung asked as he helped Mark stand properly. The older took hold of his hand. 

"Our son is just as mischievous as you are." Mark stuck his tongue out as he tried to catch his breath. "He totally got that one from you."

Before Jinyoung could react, they already heard Jackson's voice.

 

"Mark and Jinyoung sitting on a tree..." He sang.

"K - I - S - S - I - N - G!!!" The two maknaes joined in.

 

Out of instinct, Jinyoung tried to slip his hand from Mark's hold but the older held it even more firmly.

 

"No, I'm not letting go. I don't want to fall down again."

Jinyoung swore his cheeks are beet red, but he could always say it's because of the cold.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jaebum and Jinyoung decided to go to a restaurant near the side of the ice rink. Jinyoung ordered a coffee while Jaebum ordered a soju. 

"I see, things are going good, aren't they?" Jinyoung eyed his best friend. "Things between you and Mark?"

The younger sat back on his chair, nodding slightly. "Well, we already cleared things out. And I meant, everything. He knows the real reason why I decided to leave, five years ago. He knows everything."

"Even your feelings for him?" 

Jinyoung almost coughed which made Jaebum laugh. "God, Jinyoung. Just tell the guy, already. He's obviously still in love with you. What's holding you back?"

He doesn't know about the kiss. No one apart him and Mark knows about it. So the rest of them are still on the dark when it comes to his relationship with Mark.

But really, where are they, exactly? They already got past their issues. What will happen next?

 

"You remembered what I said before you talked to Mark?" Jaebum asked. "First is reconciliation, then comes the reconnection. You're both past those stages already. You need to move on to the next step."

Jinyoung creased his forehead waiting for the older to continue but instead, Jaebum just finished his soju.

"When two persons are already dead sure about how they're feeling for each other, one has to make the next big step." Jaebum tapped his shoulder, before standing up and leaving him there.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung is standing in a corner with Mark.

They are watching Jio who is skating with Jackson, along with Yugyeom and Bambam. They are even dabbing. Goodness, Bambam's influence!

 

"What the freakin sht!"

 

Jinyoung was about to scold Jackson for swearing near Jio when his attention was drawn to Youngjae who is tearing up and Jaebum who's on his knees.

He and Mark walked towards the couple.

 

"Youngjae, my sunshine. Would you let me have the chance of spending the rest of my life with you by giving me the honor of being your husband?"

Jackson squealed like crazy, jumping along with Jio.

Youngjae is crying. Of course he'll cry! Having the love of your life proposing to you will really make one cry!

Jaebum is smiling nervously. "I'm quite alarmed by your tears. Should I take this positively or-"

He's interrupted when Youngjae slumped down beside him, throwing his arms around him in the process.

"Of course I will, you idiot! Who else will I marry? I love you so much!"

And Jaebum wasn't able to answer because Youngjae is already kissing him.

 

"Eeeewww" Bambam whined with Yugyeom.

 

Jinyoung is smiling, looking at his bestfriend finally getting his happily ever after with his one true love, when he felt Mark's hand.

When he looked at him, he's smiling warmly.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

When they arrived the Tuan's household, Joey was waiting for them outside.

He looked tense when they approached him.

 

"Mark, something's up."

Joey showed them his phone. In it was an online article, full of pictures of Mark with him and Jio. It was taken in the airport.

 

FC Seoul's Mark Tuan, a dad?

 

The headline read. Collective curses were heard.

Just then, Mark's phone rang and he excused himself to answer it.

The remaining guys were surrounded by silence as they wait for Mark.

 

"Youngjae and Jaebum are engaged."

Jackson's timing really. Jinyoung rolled his eyes heavenwards, massaging his nosebridge in the process.

 

After a couple of minutes, Mark went to them, looking a little worried and anxious.

"It's my manager. They heard about the news."

Jinyoung was worried too. This is exactly why he wanted to hide Jio from him. It might destroy his career.

"Are they mad?" He asked.

"No. They already knew but, this is another thing and they're trying to deal with the issue."

Jinyoung nodded.

"But they wanted me to do something. I mean... us."

He frowned.

 

"They wanted us to live together."

 

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

 

Annyeong!!! :)

You might think that I was cruel for leaving you guys after that heart stopping, heart wrenching chapter. Hahaha. So here I am, as promised. With Chapter 10. 👏🎉 

 

Recently, someone sent me a pm, asking about the update and I can't help but laugh, and be happy of course cause it only meant that the story is really interesting (and nerve wracking, if I may call it)

 

anyway, I promised a double update. This is the first one. Wait for the next one, in a couple of hours. :)

 

Two chapters left. Hang in there, sweeties :*

 

 

<3 nicapark