Misunderstanding

"Just When I Thought"

 

Mark  has been trying to wake his son up who seems to still be in deep slumber.

This kid is really something. He managed to stay up until past 11 pm last night and now it's almost 8am and he's still asleep? 

If only he listened to him and didn't finish the whole of cadburry. He won't only get cavities, but he got all hyped up. That caused him more problem, to be honest. Because even when he wanted to go to sleep, Jio won't stop jumping up and down, and rolling over the bed. 

His head felt like pounding that time. It's definitely worse than hangover.

 

"Jio... wake up now." Mark tried again. 

He needs to be in the team's headquarters today. He needs to talk to his coach and manager.

"Son." Even calling the child 'son' warms up his heart. Jio seemed to finally wake up. And how he loves seeing him squint his little eyes and his small hands soon rubbing them. "Are you awake now?"

Jio opened his right eye before the other. "Good morning, dad." His son looks even more like an angel during mornings.

"Good morning, son." He kissed Jio's forehead. "Come. Let's eat breakfast."

 

"But what are we gonna eat, dad?" Jio said as he slumped his head on the kitchen counter.

"Well looks like you're gonna have to settle with fried eggs, kid."

Mark said before finally unleashing the inner chef in him.

But really, who is he kidding? His supposed to be sunny side up eggs ended up as scrambled. But Jio didn't complain. He just happily ate his dad's specialty.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"Okay. Where are we going now?" Mark asked his son as soon as they were both seated in his car.

 

He just had a talk with his team's coach and manager. He told them about Jio, since there's no point in hiding it. And besides, he's not ashamed of his son.

He intended to request a vacation but good news is, he doesn't have to. The next league is six months away and the team won't be training yet in the next three months.

He actually got a whole lot more than the vacation he was planning to ask for. He has a lot of time to rest. Maybe he'll really go home to LA. And bring Jio with him? Well... that's if Jinyoung allowed him to.

 

"I wanna go eat, dad." and Jio's stomach growl supported his request.

It's already lunch time and Mark knows better rather than bringing his son home to eat. 

He cannot exactly cook and Mrs. Hong will not be back until this weekend. His type of food is not Jio's type. Since he's an athlete, he forgot what he likes  and focused on what he needs to eat to stay fit and healthy. All those salads and veggies. A kid wouldn't enjoy that.

And besides, Jio happens to love meat. No wonder. Both Jinyoung and Mark are ers for meat. So they both decided to eat at Burger King.

 

Mark was busy wiping off the ketchup from his son's face when a lady approached their table. She claimed to be Mark's fan and even asked for his autograph.

"Can we take a picture together?" the lady asked. And Mark just can't say no.

He just smiled at every photo but when they were on the fifth one, Mark heard Jio complain.

 

"Miss, please stop. Or else appa is gonna be mad at you." the kid even said.

Mark just waved the lady goodbye before sitting next to Jio again.

 

"Why will appa get mad at the lady, Jio?" He just can't help but ask.

"Because she's being too close to you." Jio pouted.

"And... what's the matter with that?"

Jio's eyes widened as if he's surprised that his dad is still asking. "Because he will get mad at you too!"

Mark snickered. "He'll get mad at me because...?"

"Because appa would not like to see girls going near you."

"Because...?"

Jio pouted some more. "Because appa doesn't want to see you with other girls."

Mark is grinning like a silly idiot. "And that's because...?"

Jio stared at him and crossed his arms. "You say too many because, dad. I'm tired talking."

 

And he could just laugh at his son whining before eating.

If he'll believe Jio's words... is it safe to say that Jinyoung didn't change?

That he's still the same clingy and jealous boyfriend that he had?

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Mark watched as his phone almost exploded because of his friends' messages.

Bambam, Yugyeom, Jackson and even Youngjae. They're all going nuts over Mark and Jinyoung having a son.

The seven of them have been friends ever since he and Jinyoung got together. They witnessed everything that happened in their relationship.

They also witnessed how he became after the break up. 

And now, they got to know about Jio. His and Jinyoung's son.

They were all surprised.

Especially Jackson who demands to meet Jio, his nephew, as he claims.

Mark sighed.

Looks like it's gonna be a long night.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jaebum  is seated on a couch in Mark's house.

 

All six of them are here. 

The three maknaes (yes, Jackson is included) are having a competition on who will be Jio's best buddy.

"You have to choose me. I gave you chocolates!" he heard Jackson whining like a kid.

"You don't get to feed him that. I don't want him all hyped up again tonight." Mark immediately countered.

 

Youngjae finally stopped doubting his loyalty once he learned about Jinyoung. "So you're the only one who knew about this all along?"

And as he nodded, he recalled that time after he flew to Japan and found out that his best friend's pregnant and how Jinyoung pleaded to hide what he knows.

After he gave birth to Jio, Jaebum always convinced him to go back to Korea. Mark needs to meet his son. He says but Jinyoung always disagrees. 

"What are you so afraid of?" he asked.

Jinyoung sighed. "I just don't want to pull him down from where he is right now."

When Jio turned four, he wished to finally meet his dad. 

 

Jaebum smiled as he see Jio running from Jackson and towards his dad while squealing. 

He is happy that he made this decision. 

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Mark  tucked Jio on his bed.

There's a guest room which he prepared to be his son's room but for the last five days, he always chose to sleep in his room, on his bed, beside him. 

 

"He's really dead tired. Isn't he?" Jaebum said by the door.

Mark nodded and smiled recalling how hyper Jio was in their day out in Everland.

This kid is a ball of energy and wanted to ride every single ride that he sees.

He even wants to ride T-express but of course he's too young for that.

Now he's sure. His son, like him, loves adventure and thrill.

Unlike his appa who has no jam and can't even survive a rollercoaster. He laughed at the memory of Jinyoung screaming at the top of his lungs while burrying his face on the older's shoulder during the whole ride.

 

"So what are your plans?" Mark raised his brow on Jaebum as they sat on the couch. "You know, for the last two days?"

That's when it hit him.

His one week with his son is almost over. But he feels like it wasn't enough. He missed out so much in his son's life.

Mark played with his lip as he turned the television on.

"I don't know yet." He cleared his throat. "But I was thinking... one week passed by so fast and I still have a lot of free time. I would love to spend it with my son. If only Jinyoung could give me more time."

He waited for Jaebum's answer but it took quite long before he talked while pursing his lips.

 

"As much as I want to say that it's a good idea... Well, I am not sure about Jinyoung." Jaebum shrugged. "I don't think he'll agree."

 

But Mark is stubborn.

And as if the heavens were cooperating, Jinyoung called when Jaebum was in the restroom.

Mark answered.

 

"Jaebum, I've been calling you the whole day. Why on earth are you not answering? Do you think just because Jio is in Korea, I should have no hold on him anymore? He is still my son, may I remind you. Where did you bring him this time and why are you not-"

"Jinyoung." He breathed out. To say that he's nervous is an understatement.

 

"Uhm. Excuse me but, who is this?"

He still sounds the same. His Jinyoungie. He missed him so much.

Mark knows Jaebum said that Jinyoung is still not ready to talk to him but, this is his chance.

 

"It's Mark."

There's an indistinct sound before Jinyoung coughed.

"Mark?"

He nodded then realized the younger can't see him so he talked. "Yes. Uhm, I have some concern about Jio..."

"What about Jio?" Jinyoung asked almost immediately.

He exhaled. "I was wondering, maybe you'll let him stay with me for a few more days. Maybe another week? I promise I am doing a pretty good job on taking care of our son-"

 

"WHAT??"

He was interrupted by Jinyoung's sudden reaction.

But he continued talking. "I was just asking a few days-"

Again Jinyoung cut his sentence. "Sorry but, where exactly is Jaebum right now?"

Mark scratched his head. Why is Jaebum getting involved?

"In the restroom."

He heard Jinyoung's grunt.

 

"God, I'll really kill him." Jinyoung mumbled. "I'm sorry but I need to see Jio. This is a misunderstanding. I'll fix everything as soon as I get there in Korea." the younger hanged up.

 

As if on cue, Jaebum returned to the living room and saw him holding the younger's phone.

"Who were you talking to, just now, Mark?"

Mark still confused of how his conversation with Jinyoung went just answered mindlessly. "It's Jinyoung. I just asked him if I can have more time with Jio, but-"

 

Before he knew it, Jaebum already dashed towards him and grabbed his phone and stared at it, with wide eyes.

 

"What have you done, Mark?" Jaebum shook his head in disapproval before looking at him and saying those words.

 

"We're screwed."

 

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

 

Ready, ready, begin asdfghjkl hurry! Don't you worry we can make it, make it. (Whooo!) 🎶

 

Sorry but I wrote this while streaming "LOOK" so I have nothing left in my mind but its lyrics. -_-

 

So guys...how did this chapter turn out? :)))))

 

and are you guys excited? Someone is coming back. I can almost see Jinyoung getting on the plane singing I'm coming home, coming home, I'm coming home, coming home... #JJProject!!! <3

 

But srsly guys. Thank you for reading and commenting on the previous chapters. The amount of love. I. Cannot. 

 

Please continue to support, and leaving beatiful commments. Upvote also if it's not too much. :) :*

 

Toodles for now, be back tomorrow with the next chapter :)

 

<3 nicapark