If there's a will, there's a way

"Just When I Thought"

 

"How about a plot twist?"

 

Oh how Jinyoung wanted to wipe that smirk on his bestfriend's face!

But he could only send deadly glares to Jaebum.

 

Plot twist? A freaking plot twist, he says? Wait 'til he gets his chance to twist his bones.

Gosh. If this is a form of revenge because of his stubbornness, then Jaebum is doing a great job pissing him off. He really enjoys handling things the way he wants it. And that way which Jaebum wants, is always against him. Always.

 

Jio went up to him excitedly and held his hand. His son is also holding Mark's on the other side.

"Mark."

Jinyoung decided to greet back.

Just then he felt Jio joining their hands together. He almost jumped away. Thank God he didn't.

He tried to ignore the fuzzy feeling he is getting and just smiled at Jio who is also smiling contentedly. "Now we are all together." 

 

It is safe to say that Jinyoung managed to survive the whole of that awkward breakfast that they had a while ago.

He just doesn't know how to reciprocate those awkward glances Mark is throwing his direction every once in a while.

If not for Jio's endless talks and Youngjae's remarks, his survival would've been impossible.

 

As soon as Youngjae closed the door after they all waved goodbye to Jio, Jinyoung is once again throwing daggers at Jaebum.

 

"Is it your life mission to piss me off?" Jinyoung asked him.

Jaebum chose to feign innocence. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Why did you ask Mark to fetch Jio?"

"We already agreed on this last night."

Jinyoung felt his head pounding again. "But I thought it was clear to you that I wasn't ready to face him just yet?"

 

Before they could once again get into a heated argument, Youngjae decided to in.

"Jinyoung hyung, you did well on acting casual around Mark hyung. So there's nothing to be angry about anymore." The youngest shrugged before continuing. "And besides, it's a good thing Jaebum hyung did that. At least, you now got it all behind your back."

 

Jinyoung just sighed and decided to let it go. After all, Youngjae has a point. At least, he can already cross out meeting Mark from his black list.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung went out to do his first assignment. Yes. He is still working all the way from Korea.

Last night he talked to his boss over skype and explained his situation. As a senior editor in the company, his boss just couldn't let him leave work like that. 

So instead, his boss told him that he can still accomplish his tasks even from Korea. His boss told him to always have his email checked. So he did.

And this morning, he received an email from his boss asking him to research about a certain publication. About a novel which is recently released out in the market. 

So he decided to go in different bookstores to look for the said novel. 

 

And now, he's done with his research so he's heading home.

Jinyoung was walking through the subway when he saw a sports ad.

 

FC Seoul

There's a picture of Mark scoring a goal.

 

He recalled their talk one morning while they're in bed.

 

 

Mark is anxious because he wasn't accepted in the team where he had a tryout. He comforted him.

"You'll be in it someday. I am sure of it. Oh, now that I think about it, wait..." he got his small pad and handed Mark a pen. "Can I get an autograph now? Maybe it'll be hard for me to get one, in the next coming years. Since you'll be so famous and-"

He wasn't able to continue when Mark nuzzled his neck. Jinyoung giggled.

"Thank you." Mark said, staring at him lovingly.

"For?"

Mark kissed his cheek. "For always saying the right things." and then the other. "For keeping me from giving up." Then his forehead. "For loving me." then his nose. "For being here. With me."

Jinyoung scrunched his nose before smiling happily. "And that's why you love me right?"

Mark didn't reply.

Instead, he leaned in and closed the distance between their lips.

 

 

He was pulled back to reality when his phone suddenly rang.

It's Jio.

Jinyoung gave him his own phone earlier. So he can contact him anytime.

 

"Appa!" Jinyoung could almost see his son's smiling face.

"Hey, baby. How is your day?"

Jio joyfully told him about the magic show he watched with his dad. They're eating snacks right now and will head home a while later.

 

"Here's dad."

Before Jinyoung could even protest, he heard Mark's "Hi."

He sighed. His son is turning into a little Jaebum.

 

"Hey." Jinyoung breathed.

There was a brief silence before Mark talked. "Jio had fun today."

"Thank you, then."

Silence again.

"We will be heading home after Jio finishes his snacks."

Could things get even more awkward?

 

"Oh okay. Drive safely." It's all that he could say.

"Uhm... I will. Uhm.... here's Jio."

 

Jinyoung heaved a sigh of relief. Talking to Mark really tenses him up.

"Bye, appa. I love you!" Jio said as they ended the call.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Mark  brought Jio back to Jaebum's house. And as he promised Jinyoung, of course he drove safely.

He knocked on the door thrice before someone answered.

 

When Jinyoung opened the door, his voice was again impeded.

He's wearing a blue sweatshirt and pajamas.

 

"Thank you for bringing Jio home." Jinyoung gently said.

Jio already run past the both of them and dashed towards the kitchen where the couple is.

"It's not a biggie. I enjoyed my time with him. Thank you, Jinyoung."

The younger's eyes shifted for an unknown reason.

"Uhm, I guess I should go ahead now."  He opted to say and was about to leave when Jinyoung spoke.

 

"Uhm..." he waited for what he's about to say. "We're having dinner."

He just stared at him.

 

"Maybe you'd want to join us?"

Mark swears, his heart is swelling with joy just because of Jinyoung's invitation. 

 

The five of them ate dinner.

Jinyoung excused himself early because he said he needs to attend to his boss' email.

Youngjae is helping Jio to wash up before going to sleep so he's left with Jaebum.

 

"I am still not hearing a thank you, from you." Jaebum complained.

Mark looked at him who is enjoying his strawberry milk.

"Okay. Thank you." He just said.

Jaebum snorted. "Wow. It's so nice of you to say it half heartedly."

Mark sneered. Such a whiny kid, he thought to himself. "I was thinking, since you've already done this much to help me..."

"Who even said that I'm helping you?" Jaebum was quick to interrupt him.

Mark waved his hand to dismiss him. "Yah. Yah. Alright. Whatever you say." And Jaebum just smirked. "I was thinking, I'm gonna need to rebuild my relationship with Jinyoung."

Jaebum's smile turned into a grin. "I knew it, Mark. You're still in love with my best friend."

Mark was taken aback. "Did I even say that?"

"No. But your red cheeks are giving you away."

Mark covered his burning cheeks and snapped himself back to sanity. 

He turned to look at Jaebum who is still giving him a knowing look. "Hey, listen. What I'm saying is, I need to be able to talk to him, constantly, you know about our son. So maybe, I could get his number from you?"

Jaebum suddenly scoffed. "What?! Are we in highschool or something? Just go and ask him yourself."

Mark pouted. "You and I both know that he'll never give me his number."

"Then why are you asking me?"

"Because I'm your friend."

"And he's my bestfriend."

 

Mark could only hiss as Jaebum refused to give him what he's asking for. Guess Jaebum's loyalty is still for Jinyoung. 

He just headed home after bidding goodbye to his son. 

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•


Mark's getting ready to sleep but he checked his phone first. There's a couple of messages. Some are from Jackson, Bambam and Yugyeom, asking for the seven of them to meet up. They still haven't seen Jinyoung.

 

Jackson: Hey Mark! I was wondering, if it's possible for the seven of us to hang out like we used to? I mean if Jinyoung's cool with it. Can you ask him?

 

Bambam: Jinyoung hyung is back??? Is that for real? Can we meet up? And bring hyung with you! Tell him it's my treat! We have a lot to catch up on!

 

Yugyeom: Mark hyung? I heard from Bam that Jinyoung hyung is back? Is it true? If it is, I really want to see him. I miss him a lot! :(

 

He didn't reply to them just yet. He doesn't know what to answer anyway.

 

There's also a message from Jaebum. He rolled his eyes as he opened it.


           Park Jinyoung +82 xx xxxx yyyy
           I hope you'll stop whining like a little kid, now.

 

Mark immediately saved it as he smiled from ear to ear while typing a "Thank you" to Jaebum.

 

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

 

I'm back (part two) HAHAHAHA

 

I kept my promise, didn't I? A double update!!! :)

 

Now, I can finally sleep. 😂 These are for you guys! For being such awesome readers! :) <3

 

again, please let me know what you think of this chapter :) And please upvote if you still haven't! You guys are amazing! :*

 

Toodles for real! See you next chapter!

 

<3 nicapark