episode 2

THE RISE « big hit ent. survival show » sixth (final) member is out!

episode two

‹ I’ll shake up your heart So it’ll seep out and explode ›

APRIL 16, 2018, 6:46 AM

Cameras as the dorm labeled as DORM 1, began filling with light sounds as Sooyoung left the bathroom in her school uniform, Haeun stretched in the hallway infront of their room and Jibyul yawned putting her stuff in her backpack. The bedroom door opened a half-awake Rena walked out rubbing her face, going to the kitchen and pulling nicely wrapped containers out, the three grabbing different ones and putting them in their bags. As Jaein and Nin returned from the practice room, with a convience store bag in hand, Jaein handed Jibyul an energy drink.

How long did you stay here last night?

"Only till midnight, the older girls wanted me to get some sleep before I headed off to school today." Jibyul said, as a cut of Camryn, Jaein, Nin and Jibyul in the vocal room started playing.

"We need to figure out who is doing what part. And go from there." Jaein said, taking a natural leadership role the other three nodding. "Jibyul, I know you prefer rapping over vocals, so do you want to do Moonbyul's part?" The youngest girl nodded.

The youngest girl wearing, loose fitting black pants with a wide black stripe down the side, a tighter black crop top and Addidas white and black sneakers. The Thai girl wearing, a cropped black sweatshirt with dark grey joggers along with a pair of black Nikes. The Japanese girl wore black joggers, a loose white tank top with a black sports bra seen on the sides with white Nikes. The silver haired girl wore a loose black tee with black jggers and black Addidas.

"Vocal parts are gonna be a little more difficult. I'm fine with taking lead vocal, I know Nin has been doing vocal training more, but is better at rapping. So do you want Hwasa'a part?" Jaein asked the Thai girl whom nodded.

"So you are just deciding who gets what parts?" Camryn asked, eyeing Jaein.

Camryn hadn't trained with other trainees as long as she trained with the four part of the original line up.

"If you have an opposing comment, feel free to speak up. I just have trained with these two a while and know their preference and progress." Jaein explained with a smile.

"Its a little awkward to work with trainees I barely talked to. For the past year I have only really worked with three other girls." Camryn explained in an interveiw.

"Which leaves you with Solar's parts, if you are okay with that?" Jaein asked, wary of the Japanese girl.

"Thats fine with me." Camryn said, as Jibyul looked at Nin awkwardly.

"Okay! Let's watch a live performance to re-familiarize ourselves with the song." Jaein said, taking control of the situation.

 

"Jaein likes making sure everyone is on the same page. My first day here she made sure I was on pace with everyone for the evaluation." Nin said in an interveiw.

 

The vocal room beside them was filled with more noise than their's as Rena, Jinae, Sooyoung and Mingzhu sat inside singing along to the music.

Jinae wore, a yellow cropped jersey with two black lines down the sleeves, along with high waisted black jeans, and black sneakers. Rena wore a red tight crop top with black leggings and white sneakers. Sooyoung wore a black Addidas wind breaker with a pair of black joggers and white sneakers. Mingzhu wore

"Jinae and Sooyoung are rappers, Mingzhu got first so she is definitely main vocal." Rena explained as they finished, The girls nodding. "Is it bad I never really listened to this song?"

"I don't think so. I never really listened to them before, but it's good." Jinae said, as Mingzhu nodded.

"It shows off vocals which I think will raise ranks." Sooyoung said, Jinae nodded to the youngest's statement.

"Okay, with that, I say Mingzhu takes Yeoeun's parts, Jinae take Yoomin's, and Sooyoung take Chahee's. Is that okay with everyone?" Rena asked, the three nodded. "Alright, we have vocal lessons first toworrow. So lets go over pronouncing the words right, and run over the song without music." The three nodded.

 

The final vocal room, was silent as the four watched a live performance. They all sighed at once as the song ended.

The youngest, Haeun wore an oversized black hoodie and joggers with white sneakers. Haeryung wore a cropped white sweater with high waisted black leggings and white and black Addidas. Hyewon wore a light pink sweater with black joggers and creme coloered sneakers. Seulgi wore a grey hoodie with yellow accents with dark jeans and black Converses. 

"This is the most intense dance wise."  Haeryung said, than realised the only one who would respond is Hyewon whom was busy replaying the video. "Luckily we have two dancers, I think Haeun and I can work on the dance. We can get it down pretty quickly." Haeryung said, Haeun nodded in agreement.

"Considering I'm the only vocal focus, I'll take Luna's parts." Hyewon said, scanning the three for objections knowing she wouldn't get any. "Seulgi will get the rap, obviously. Which leaves you two." Hyeown said making notes on her lyric sheets. "Haeun what was your rank?" Hyewon asked, looking at the youngest on the show.

"Fifth." She said quietly, Seulgi nodded.

"And Haeryung you were further down right?" Hyewon asked, as if she was trying to rub salt in the wound. "I think Haeun should take Krystal's parts. Are you okay that?" She asked looking between the two, when neither said a word she nodded. "Thats it then. Haeun as Krystal and Haeryung as Victoria."

 

"Normally we would try out one of the lines. I guess not anymore." Haeryung said, in an interveiw with a bitter smile.

 

APRIL 18, 2018 7 : 32 PM

Sunhwan sat in the recording studio taping his pen as the door opened, Nin, Jibyul, Jinae and Seulgi walking in, they all bowed as he gave them a smile. 

"Alright, who wants to go first?" Sunhwan asked, turning round to his computer. The girls all slowly turned to Jinae, the girl looked at the three confused before clearing her thoart. "Alright, lets hear it." Sunhwan said, after glancing over his shoulder to her.

 

Seolji sighed as Camryn and Jaein sat in front of her.

"Lets run over it one more time, Camryn focus on the melody again." She said, begining playing the melody on the keyboard.

 

Junghyun hummed along with Mingzhu, Rena and Sooyoung as they sang through the song.

 

Seulha watched as Haeun, Haeryung and Hyewon went over the chorus of the song that they spent the last few days going over.

 

APRIL 21, 2018 5:46 PM

Sunhwan, sighed as he watched Sooyoung record her MR for the performance, the other three sitting behind him going over the lyrics as the song played.

"One more time, focus on the melody one more time." He said, replaying the verse for the youngest.

"Everyone has been on edge for the whole week. Our performances are tomorrow, which is really weird to think about." Rena said, in an interveiw, she smiled and waved a girl over to her interveiw. "Did you guys just get here?" She asked Jibyul whom was drinking some water beside her.

Shaking her head she responded, "We were just dismissed for a break. We are gonna go eat. Good luck." Jibyul said shyly before bowing and leaving with Jaein whom smiled and waved at Rena.

Are you close with Jibyul?

"Yes our parents are married. She is fairly shy which is why when she joined the company I kind of instantly pushed her with Jaein, since she is so outgoing in comparison." Rena explained, smiling at the camera.

 

"Sooyoung, come out for a second." Sunhwan said, the youngest joining the other girls on the couch. "Why is she not caught on anything we talked about? I don't care that you want to survive. You should be working as a team. This is not a solo, it's a group." Sunhwan snapped, "You will all spend the rest of the night, running over the song until its perfect and even then continue practicing." He said, motioning the girls to leave the room.

 

APRIL 22, 2018 NOON

"Alright. Everyone ready?" Bang PD asked, the staff as they sat in the audience in front of the stage. "Let's get started." He motioned for the first group to go on stage.

Haeun (coral pants, pale pink top) , Hyewon (gold pants, pale pink halter top), Seulgi (striped bottom shirt, pale pink bottoms) and Haeryung (pale pink jumpsuit, white top) entered the stage and bowed. Before going to their spots, the music starting as Seulgi nodded. 

performance 

They bowed and walked off stage, as Mingzhu (blue dress), Jinae (red dress), Rena (yellow shirts with floral top), and Sooyoung (pale yellow dress) walked on the stage, bowing before getting into their positions.

performance 

The four bowed and left the stage, as Camryn (jean halter top, pants and yellow heels), Jaein (white crop top, jean jacket, and jean shorts, orange heels), Jibyul (jean patched jacket, white crop top, two-toned jean shorts, hot pink heels) and Nin (jean halter top, shorts and yellow heels) walked on stage bowing then going to their positions.

performance 

 

NEXT WEEK ON THE RISE

"The two lowest scorers will be competing in solos at the next performances." Bang PX explained. "The bottom two are-"

 

 
 

Here is the second episode! Lyrics are here