episode 5

THE RISE « big hit ent. survival show » sixth (final) member is out!

episode five

‹ I’ll shake up your heart So it’ll seep out and explode ›

"The naxt eval will be easy. You will be performing covers of two songs." Seulha said, the girls nodding, some feeling off put after Seulgi leaving.

"Groups are Jaein, Hyewon, Haeryung, Soyoung and Mingzhu. Haeun, Rena, Nin, Jibyul, Jinae and Camryn are group 2. " BangPD announced, the girls nodding. 

"Training sessions begin tomorrow.  See you there." Junghyun said, nodding to the girls whom bowed as the staff headed out.

MAY  7, 2018 4:56 pm

"Hello." The girls all bowed as Seulha pushed Seulji inside, the girls sitting down on the benches as the two smiled at them.

"You already know who is in groups together. Must be wondering what songs you are doing." Seulji said, opening her binder pulling papers out she motioned Rena to pass out the papers to her group as Seulha handed them to group to group 1. "Here are the songs we chose for each group. Good luck. Group 1 will have vocal classes later today. Group 2 will work on dance and lines today then have vocal and rap class tomorrow." Seulji said, Seulha nodded before pushing Seulji out of the room.

What songs are you doing?

"My team is doing 'Into The New World' by Girls Generation." Mingzhu said, and took a deep breath.

Are you worried about your team members?

"Mostly myself, I know the notes are higher than my voice generally is. So I'm gonna try my best this round to make sure my team does well." Soyoung said, nodding and sighing.

What song are you doing?

"We are performing 'Just Do It' by BBS. It's exciting since we get to show a different side of us." Jinae smiled, nodding her head in excitement.

Who do you think is the highest rank at the moment?

"Oohhh, Mingzhu probably." Rena said, nodding her head smiling as Mingzhu shook her head behind the camera as she was next to be interveiwed. 

"It's probably you." She said, Rena pulling her into the interveiw hugging the younger girl to her.

Are you two close?

They both looked at eachother and smiled.

"Mingzhu, follows Jaein and I around the most since the day we met her." Rena said, nuzzling her face against Mingzhu's head.

 

"You all lisened to the song a few times, I assume." Seulji said, behind the keyboard the girls nodding. "Alright, I'll assign lines for now and we will move them as time goes on. So, lets have Mingzhu on 3, Jaein on 2, Hyewon on 1, Soyoung on 5 and Haeryung on 4." Seulji said, the girls nodded as she began playing the keys.

 

MAY 11, 2018 11:45 AM

DANCE ROOM 2

Haeryung and Soyoung watched the older three run through the part of the dance they went over, nodding along.

DANCE ROOM 1

Haeun, Nin and Jibyul worked alongside each other as they broke the dance down bit by bit to help everyone in getting in sync.

An alarm sounds off scaring all of them.

REPORT TO THE VANS WITH YOUR STUFF. an automated voice says, the girls all looking at each other in confusion, as they grabbed their bags heading out to the vans meeting up with the other team.

"Are we being kidnapped?" Jaein asked, as Jinae linked their arms together, shaking her head at the younger.

"I think they wouldn't be so calm and polite." Camryn said from behind them, the girls natural spitting up into the vans.

VAN 1

Camryn, Hyewon, Rena, Nin and Mingzhu.

VAN 2

Jaein, Jinae, Jibyul, Soyoung, Haeun and Haeryung.

The girls exited the vans as it came to a final stop they all stepped out to see a clinic before them. The PD smiled at them as they looked even more confused.

"We decided along with your company that you should get checkups and get update on any shots you may need." The girls all nodded, heading inside, following after the staff.

"We going to take your heights and weights first, then your blood pressure and a blood sample." A nurse said to the eleven girls whome nodded.

"Please don't put our weight on the show." Rena begged blocking the scale from the camera.

"Lee Rena, 169 centimeters and beep kg." The nurse said to another whom was entering the data for her.

"Ahn Hyewon, 168 centimeters and beep kg."

All of the girls got their measurments, a flash of each girl with their heights beside them appeared on the screen. 

Camryn 176 cm

Nin 169 cm

Jinae 164 cm

Jaein 171 cm

Mingzhu 161 cm

Jibyul 162 cm

Haeryung 167 cm

Soyoung 171 cm

Haeun 165 cm

The girls spent the rest of the following couple hours speaking to doctors about injuries and worries they had about their health.

 

MAY 18, 2018 10:14 PM

SUNHWAN PD'S STUDIO

"Alright one more time, Haeryung."  Sunhwan said, as Hyewon and Mingzhu sat behind him, going over the lyrics again as he played the base track again for Haeryung. "That's it. Good job Haeryung." He said, dismissing the girl whom had to go back home to study anywayways. "Mingzhu, you are up." He said, the small girl nodded going into the recording room.

DANCE ROOM 1

Music blasted as the girls ran over the dance along with music, as Haeryung popped her head in. Haeun pausing the music, as she stepped inside.

"Hyewon wanted to talk with Rena." Haeryung said, Rena nodded and headed out of the room.

BREAK ROOM

"What are we going to do?" Rena asked the older before sipping on her water.

"We can surprise her during one of the interveiws that day. Have the staff ask her random questions posing it as a real interveiw then turn off the lights and bring a cake in." Hyewon said, the staff nodded agreeing to play along, she smiled.

"Nin and I will go get the cake while the others are getting ready.' Rena said, Hyewon nodded the two heading back to their groups.

what were you two planning?

"Now, that is a secret." Hyewon said with a smile, her calm aura making the staff stop asking questions about it.

 

MAY 20, 10:47 AM

DRESSING ROOM

"Nin and I are gonna go grab snacks and drinks." Rena said, the group of girls nodding, stealing glances at Soyoung sitting in the chair getting her makeup done watching their practice video.

11:15 AM

"Soyoung, can we grab you for your interveiw?" One of the writers asked, Soyoung nodded walking out of the room, the others girls all began rushing around grabbing things they hid in the room. 

Soyoung attatched the mic to her shirt as she sat down in the chair looking at the PDs waiting for them to ask a question.

Are you worried about today?

"More about the judges' choice of bottom 2, more than the performance itself." SOyoung answered, nodding her head

The lights cut off, Soyoung looking around as Rena walked in carrying a cake with candles in it, the group singing 'Happy Birthday' as they walked towards her carefully. After Soyoung blew out the candles the lights turned back on and the girls stood around Soyoung in the chair.

"We wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday despite the craziness of the show." Hyewon said, with her hands on Soyoung's shoulders as she stood behind her.

 

12:30 PM

The girls stood with their groups on stage, Group 1 on the left and Group 2 on the right.

"Alright. Group 1 goes first." BangPD said, once the staff were settled in their seats. "the trainees reactions are the other The RISE members reactions.)

performance

Group 2 entered the stage after they finished switching spots, the five going to sit while the six took the satge, getting into their places.

performance

The staff shared notes and came back to the girls.

"Both groups did well, we want to highlight the highest scoring members per group." BangPD said, nodding to Jonghyun whom was their on behalf of Seulji as well,

"Group 1, without a doubt was Mingzhu, your voice was stable, and to my knowledge you weren't sure if your vocals would be stable. They were great. Group 2, this one caught our attention as we saw her come out of her shell a bit. Haeun, besides being a good dancer, you showed stable vocals as well and you looked like you were enjoying yourself." He gave a smile to the two girls whom bowed and smiled to themselves.

"With that being said, congrats Group 2 for winning this round." Seulha said, the group bowed and smiled.

"That part we all are waiting for, the bottom 2. The bottom 2 are the lowest scoring at the moment, Nin and Haeryung. " Bang PD said, Haeryung swallowed as Nin stared at the ground. "Start preparing your solos. The next round will be relatively easy, it's another group song. Another cover, as well."

"We are going off ranks again, for line distribution." Sunhwan said, Jamie nodding along. "We will anouce rankings when start distribution. So go get some rest. Oh and Happy Birthday, Soyoung." Sunhwan said, the younger girl bowing and thanking them.

 

NEXT WEEK ON THE RISE

"I said, chili pepers not chili." Camryn said, Rena staring at the camera and sighing.

"This is why we don't have nice things." She mumbled.

 

 
 

Here is the Ffifth episode! Lyrics are here