episode 7

THE RISE « big hit ent. survival show » sixth (final) member is out!

episode seven

‹ I’ll shake up your heart So it’ll seep out and explode ›

"Your next evaluation will be another cover, Rena and Camryn will be picking their team membersrandomly." Hyunwoo said, the girls nodded.

"Enjoy the rest of your day and rest up for tomorrow." BangPD said dismissing the girls.

JUNE 4, 2018  12: 30 PM

Rena and Camryn bowed as they walked into the conference room, taking their seats before the cameras. The PD handed them a tin with 12 pieces of paper in it.

"This will be the song you are doing, go ahead and draw one." The PD said, the girls nodded both choosing a piece of paper, opening them at the same time looking at each others, Rena screaming in excitement, covering . "Since Rena was ranked first, you choose who you want first."

 

DANCE ROOM 1 1:05 PM
 

Jaein, Soyoung, Haeryung and Jinae sat in the room confused.

"What song do you think we are doing?" Jinae asked, the younger girls all shrugged.

"Considering, Jae opp- unnie" Haeryung corrected herself as the others chuckled. "is here maybe Red Velvet. Cause Rena wouldn't want her on the same team as her." Haeun said, the others nodded.

"But, whose team are we on?" Soyoung asked, Jaein shrugged drinking her tea.

The door opened, the four turned to the door as Camryn walked in. The girls all greeted her and made room for her in their semi circle.

"So, we are on the same team, and our song is." Camryn said,, as Jaein held the folded paper waiting for Camryn to tell her to open it. Camryn nodded, Jaein opened it, and showed it to everyone then at the camera, Jaein cheered once seeing the song title.

 

DANCE ROOM 2 1:05 PM

Jibyul, Haeun, Hyewon and Mingzhu sat in the other room in silence as the quieter members were in the same room. 

They all waited silently until the door opened and Rena entered cheering, making them all smile and laugh as the loudest girl danced around them.

"Our song is." Rena said pausing for dramatic effect, the others drumming on the floor as Rena opened the paper, their eyes widening as she only smiled brightly.

 

They immidiately started line distribution, and began rehearsing.

 

JUNE 9, 2018 4:56 PM

Jaein stood off to the side watching her group go over the dance one more time ebfore adding their vocal training on top of it. As the song ended, Jaein moved to play it again joining them in their position, singing along, as they finished their first vocal run through, their was a knock on the door. The group waited for the door to open, when it did, Jaein covered in surprise, as the others looked at each other in shock.

"Hello, We are Red Velvet." The five introduced themselves as the trainess bowed to them in greetings.

"We heard you were covering one of our songs and we wanted to come give some advice." Seulgi said, with a smile, Jaein was leaning on Jinae for support.

"Have you met the others yet?" Camryn asked, the five idols before them shook their head.

"Should we head over to them?" Wendy asked, the girls nodded, leading them out the dance room to the one next door where music blasted. Jaein opened the door first, Rena smiled at her as they finished another run through. Soyoung walked in last , Red Velvet following in after the tall girl, smiling as Rena screamed, Haeun clutching onto Mingzhu, in shock the girls all standing in front of the idols.

After a few minutes of introduction, and staff giving the girls of 'THE RISE' nametags.

"What advice could you give us?" Hyewon asked, as they all sat in a semi-circle.

"To have fun. If you aren't enjoying yourself whats the point." Joy said, the girls nodding, as she began laughing they all looked at each other. "Jaein -ss is staring  at Seulgi." Jaein smiled sheepishly as Seulgi smiled at  her.

The girls spent the next hour talking with Red Velvet, feeling more confident in themselves they returned to rehearsals.

 

JUNE 13, 2018 2:01 PM

Haeryung put an arm around Jibyul's shoulders as they sat outside during their break. Their summer uniforms on, Jibyul smiled shyly as Haeryung held the camera.

"Hows your pracitice going?"  Haeryung asked as Jibyul drank her water.

"It's going. I'm not sure how I'm doing but the others are doing well." She said, as Haeun appeared behind them with a Soyoung in tow.

"I wonder what all of the unnies are doing." Haeun said, the screen fuzzing and showing the girls in a mall, using selfie sticks to hold up the small cameras. 

Hyewon, in a light pink flowy dress with a tanhand bag, linked arms with Rena as Mingzhu walked behind them, Rena holding the camera.

"So what look are we going for?" Rena asked wearing a striped black and white tee tucked into high waisted dark jean shorts with a red crossbody bag, Mingzhu in a yellow off the shoulder button up top with black overall shorts and a black mini backpack with snow white pins on it, looking around as she followed closely behind them. 

"Lets just look for now and go from there." Hyewon said as she pulled them into a store, greeting the staff as they walked around.

"Aren't their stage outfits all similar?" Mingzhu asked, as they looked around the store.

"I believe so, Rena?" Hyewon asked the younger girl whom nodded in agreement as they flipped through racks.

 

on the other side of the mall

"I feel like for ours we should just go for black based and add similar pieces to it." Jaein, in light washed jeans and a white crop top with a black shoulder bag accross her chest with a black baseball cap, said, as she held the camera, Jinae, in distressed denim shorts with a white tee tucked, nodding beside her as Camryn stood on the right of her. 

"Do you know Yong-ie and Ryu's sizes?" Camryn, in a pair of jeans and a grey shirt,  asked, Jaein nodded, pulling a piece of paper out of her bag.

"Let's go!" Jinae anounced, Jaein smiling and laughing as Camryn shook her head.

 

"Are you sure?" Rena asked, Hyewon as Hyewon handed over her card to the cashier as another staff member put their clothes in a bag.

"It's nothing." Hyewon said as she signed the receipt taking the bag with a kind smile and bowing to everyone befoe leaving with the younger two. Whome were also carrying at least two bags each.

 

Who buys stuff for the dorms?

"Hyewon." They all voiced.

"Despite not living in the same one as us she even buys stuff for us when she hears we are out of something, it somehow ends up at our door by the end of the day." Rena said with a smile.

 

JUNE 15, 2018 8:49 PM

DANCE ROOM 1

Both groups stood in the practice room waiting, for Seulha, whom walked in carrying her clipboard, greeting the girls as they bowed to her. She took the seat n a chair infront of the mirror, looking at the girls her eyes scanning them.

"Let's have a full run through for both teams. Camryn's team first." She said, Rena's group going off to the side sitting on the floor. As they got in position. Seulha writing notes on her clipboard, making the girls even more nervous.

As they finished, Seulha motioned Rena's group forward, the groups switching places. Seulha was good at hiding her emotions as the girls contiued with their run through, jotting stuff down on the paper on her clipboard. Her eyes watching them like a hawk.

As they finished, the aura in the room changed, the girls all stood before Seulha whom sighed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Why does it feel like you haven't been practicing?" She asked, the girls all dropped their heads knowing she was going to scold them. "Why can't you seem to focus?" Seulha snapped, both groups kept their heads down. "If you don't want to debut just leave." She said, looking at the girls Mingzhu wiping a tear from her face, as Rena held her hand. Haeun swallowed roughly asSeulha sighed again and stood up leaving the room without another word.

 

"We have been working hard but, not hard enough." Jaein said, to the camera in the vocal room, sighing before starting vocal warm ups.

"This round is even harder for us. Since Seulha helped create the choreo for our song. And worked on the teams song before joining us at Big Hit." Haeun said, to the small camera in their break room where their lockers were as she ate a snack.

 

JUNE 17, 2018 12:30 PM

The girls greeted the staff as they walked inside, taking their seats everyone tensing up asSeulha looked at them. 

"I hope you have improved since the last time I saw you." Seulha said, BangPD looked through the papers beside her as Sunhwan nodded.

"Let's have Camryn's team go first." Bag PD said into his mic, Rena's group exiting the stage, taking their usual seats in front..

performance

"Rena, when you are ready." Sunhwan said into the mic, as her group got in their places.

performance

After discussion, in another room the staff returned, the girls all stood with their respective group. 

"First of all I think this is mort color I have ever seen Haeun wear." Hyunwoo said, the girls chuckled, the youngest smiling at his comment. 

"As usual we decided on a winning team. " Sunhwan said, Jamie nodded beside him. "Congrats to Rena's team. You had the hghest overall score, Haeun, Rena, Jaein and Soyoung got the highest scores, but, Hyewon and Mingzhu were right behind them. So congrats on that." 

"Now, the part we definitely hate the most." Jamie said, girls looked at each other, Camryn's team all holding hands. "Camryn," The girl took an unsteady breath in. "Jibyul. You are our bottom two. Begin preparing your solos."

"Your next evaluation is another song produced by Sunhwan, a few of you have actually demoed it for him. Hyunwoo actually worked on the choreo this time. So we will see you all tomorrow to begin prep work."

 

NEXT WEEK ON THE RISE

"For the gays!" Jaein cheered as the group sat around a table with lyric sheets.

"No. Just no." Soyoung said beside the older.

 
 

Here is the seventh episode! Lyrics are here