episode 1

THE RISE « big hit ent. survival show » sixth (final) member is out!

episode one

‹ I’ll shake up your heart So it’ll seep out and explode ›

Feburary 30, 2018

"Hello." Flashes of different girls' smiles cut through at once, freezing on the last one, zooming out to see her face. Her bright smile also showing over her entire smile. "I'm Son Jinae. Please take care of me."

What are you most nervous about?

"The dynamics we have showing. We get along but, of course we fight sometimes. I'm just worried we won't be seen in the right light." She said, nodding her head.

Who do you want to team up with during this?

"That's hard. We have a lot of talented girls. Maybe, Hyewon, she is a good vocalist." Said girl smiled as she bowed her head.

"I'm Ahn Hyewon, it's nice to meet you." She said, her smile toning down to a soft smile.

Is there a celebrity you would like to some on the show?

"No one in particular, just someone that can give us a lot of advice and help us grow." 

Whi do you want on your team?

"Hmm. Haeun, she is a powerful dancer despite her young age."  Said girl looked at the camera in the lense awkwardly, as it scanned her all black grunge styled attire.

"I'm Jeon Haeun." She finally smiled again, as another camera caught Jaein standing behind the writers, smiling at the young girl.

who are the parents amoungst the trainees?

"Even before we were all selected, trainees joked around that Rena and Jaein are our parents. Maybe cause Rena makes snacks, and checks to make sure everyone ate. While Jaein just is there for support."

There are only two producers working on the music, which one do you want to work with?

"Hm. I wouldn't mind either but I feel Sunhwan PD is going to be more hip-hop based, and I'm not sure if I'm fit for the concept." Another shot of Jaein now with a small girl under her arm.

 

"Hello." The twelve girls bowed and stood up, as Bang PD and the trainers walked into the practice room.

"Sit. Sit." Bang PD gestured the girls to take a seat on the benches behind them as they sat in chairs and Seulji locked her wheelchair. "NOw, you have been informed that you were the twelve traineees we selected. You were selected off of your re-evaluation scores."

A re-evaluation occured only a week ago.

"I'm going to reveal second through eleventh rank at this time." Bang PD stated, flipping his folder open. "Eleventh, Jones Sooyoung." A tall girl's fist clenched hearing her name. "Tenth, Nin." A girl with light brown hair and straight accross bangs nodded her head in acceptance. "Nineth, Son Jinae." She closed her eyes, disappointed in her rank. "Eigth, Im Haeryung." The only girl with black short hair, nodded slowly. " Seventh, Ahn Hyewon." Hyewon nodded, thinking about where she could have messed up. " Sixth, Lee Seulgi." The oldest of the twelve sighed to herself. "Fifth, Jeon Haeun." The young girl looked at her hands. "These next three were the highest scoring in both last month's eval and the re-evaluation. You did well. I'm shocked we didn't put some of you in the line-up." He said, finally cracking a little bit of a smile.

Tension grew thicker. 

"Fourth, Wantanabe Chiriko." The Japanese girl nodded, smiling to herself. "Third, Park Jaein." The silver haired girl smiled and held the small girl's beside her hand. "Second, Lee Rena." The girl looked up in shock that she ranked so high. "Now, I'll announce first place."

Only two names could be called.

"Huang Mingzhu." He said, the small girl beside Jaein covered in shock. "Twelveth, Lee Jibyul"  The girl at the middle of the benches, head fell , her hair falling over her face. Rena placing a hand on her back, as Bang PD looked at all of them. "Seulgi and Jonghyun will be working with you on your line distribution, Sunhwan will be with you to record and, Hyunwoo and Seulha will work on your positions and movements." He stated mostly for the cameras, the girls nodding. "Let's get started." He stood, the girls all stood and bowed as he left.

"You just need to prove yourself." Rena whispered to Jibyul, as they bowed as the trainers began to leave, Jonghyun staying as Seulji wheeled herself to the keyboard, Sunhwan set up. Jonghyun handing out music sheets.

"We have gone over keys and tempos during the big practices, so now it shouldn't be to hard as to how this will flow, your lines and parts are marked by your ranking number." He instructed grabbing a chair taking a seat beside Seulji. "Let's start from the top."

March 27 2018 At Han River

What are the girls doing here? 

Music played as the girls danced, the girls looking more like future idols with makeup on. The director calling it a wrap as the struck the ending pose. The girls bowing in thanks and thanked the staff as they all ran to the trailer where they were changing earlier, they all rushed inside to change out of the outfits not really fit for the chilly spring air.

"It was unreal, filming the music video." Jaein said in an interveiw, her eyes focused on her hands.

How are you feeling about thte competition?

"I'm nervous and excited. We will be doing different concepts and working with girls we normally don't work with."

Haeryung sighed as it cut to her interveiw, she seemed stressed. 

"I'm  more worried about getting the choreo wrong now." Haeryung said.

Do you all normally wear black this much?

Rena laughed, as stills of all girls in interveiws each of them wearing at least one piece of black clothing. 

April 15, 2018

"Congrats on finishing filming your first music video." Seulji cheered in her wheelchair, as the twelve girls stood before the trainers. "And sadly we will jump into the first round. You will be broken up into 3 groups of 4, to cover a pop song that you will draw out of the box." Seulji ssaid as Sunhwan pulled out a small box with small papers in it. 

"After you choose your paper head to the apporpitately labeled vocal room." Seulha said, motioning Mingzhu first.  She drew out of the box and left the room going to the room labeled 2, she waved at the camera and spotted the music sheets in the middle of the room. She picked it up and looked at the camera confused. As Rena drew next, and left the room with a shout, scaring everyone.

"I never get use to her." Sunhwan said, the girls chuckling and nodding in agreement.

Rena opened a door and peeked her head inside, laughing as she spotted Mingzhu playing with the camera by herself.

"Woah. What are the odds the top two as in the same room." Rena said, sitting on the floor with Mingzhu looking over the sheets.

Jaein drew from the box, and left the room. Followed by Camryn, whom walked out to the hall and opened door labeled 3. Haeun smiled nervously, as she walked out of the room. She walked to the door labeled 1, opening it she stepped inside to see it empty. Seulgi picked out of the box and walked out to the hall, Hyewon following her turn. Jinae smiled at the trainers as she picked a paper out, heading out to the hallway. Haeryung rubbed her hands together before pulling a piece of paper out, heading to the door she struggled to push it open as Sunhwan pulled the door in for her, she scratched her head rushing out into the hallway.Nin took a paper and left the room without another look. Sooyoung and Jibyul taking their turns, following the others steps as they each walked into the hallway.

The groups of four stood before the trainers back in the training room with their backs to the mirror wall as Sunhwan and Junghyun hung something behind them.

"The music sheets that were in the vocal rooms are your lyric sheets its already broken up based on positions. The songs you will be performing are behind you along with the training schedule, memorize it, take a picture, whatever you need to do. Each schedule is different depending on the group. Anytime you use outside of that for rehearsals is all on your time. Those in school will be expected to be on the same level as the others, which could mean more practice." Seulha explained than motioned for them to turn around.

'4Walls' Originally by f(x)

Haeun, Hyewon, Seulgi and Haeryung

 

'Color' Originally by Melody Day

Mingzhu, Jinae, Rena, and Sooyoung

 

'Yes I Am' Originally by Mamamoo

Camryn, Jaein, Jibyul, and Nin

 

NEXT WEEK ON THE RISE

"Why is she not caught up on anythign we talked about? I don't care that you want to survive, you should be working as a time. This is not a solo its a group." Sunhwan snapped.

 

 

 
 

Here is the first episode, everything in Italics are captions on the screen you would see. Lyrics and distribution for 'Dreams come true' and future songs here