episode 3

THE RISE « big hit ent. survival show » sixth (final) member is out!

episode three

‹ I’ll shake up your heart So it’ll seep out and explode ›

APRIL 22, 2018

"The two lowest scorers will be competing in solos at the next performances." Bang PD explained. "The bottom two are," He said, looking at the clipboard infront of him. "Lee Seulgi and Jones Sooyoung."

"Seulgi's rap despite being a cover still didn't feel like she was fully into it." Jamie, the solo female, said, giving a sad smile as she put her mic down, Seulha picking the one before her up.

"Sooyoung's vocals were pretty stable despite mostly training in rap over vocals, a smilar issue with Seulgi, neither of you were truly enjoying being on the stage. Our trainees are good, we know this." Seulha said, Junghyun picking his mic up.

"We know that but, everyone on the other side of the screen will agree. So put everything you have into the performance." He stated, giving them a kind smile as he always does.

" With that being said congrats to 'Yes I Am' team for being the highest scoring team." Seulji said, the girls held back their smiles as Seulji smied at them.

 

APRIL 23, 2018 10:34 AM

DORM 1

Jaein waved to the camera in the living room sitting on the ground in front of it. Nin padded out of the shared bedroom looking around spotting Rena in kitchen looking through the fridge. 

Jibyul, Sooyoung and Haeun are studying away at school.

DORM 2

Jinae jumped to look at the camera in the corner of the kitchen earning looks from Camryn and Hyewon as they walked out of the bedroom.

This dorm is shared by most of the older girls. Haeryung being the youngest, is also at school like the others.

Seulgi stretched in the living room, looking at Jinae and trying not to laugh at her energy. Mingzhu came out of the bathroom looking at the older girl in confusion.

"What are you doing?" Camryn broke the silence, Jinae stopping and looking at the others.

"There is a camera up there but where it captures me I can't see what I look like." Hyewon blinked at her statement.

"Anyways, we should head out to the studio." Hyewon said, the younger girls nodding and grabbing their stuff to head out, Seulgi rolled her eyes as the four left the dorm, her right behind them.

 

12:35 PM

"Alright, go ahead." The cam director instructed, Sunhwan and Jamie sat beside each other in one of the conference rooms.  "You will be picking your own teams?"

"Yes, after much arguing and deliberating. Sunhwan and I will produce songs for the next evaluation." Jamie explianed, SUnhwan nodded along.

"We will-"

"Oh, are you filming for the show?" A voice asked, Sunhwan smiled and waved him in.

BTS' JIMIN

"I was saying we decided how many members we need for each song." Sunhwan said, Jimin pulling up a chair beside Jamie.

How many do you each need?

"5." Jamie said, Jimin smiled as Sunhwan crossed his arms.

"Which means I get 7. We went on age." Sunhwan said, with a big smile and scooted away as Jimin laughed and whined at him to be nice.

"I'm going first since you are being mean."Jamie said, reaching into the box before them. The clear plastic showing the nametags on the side,Jamie grabbed one and pulled it out. 

After a back and forth process of picking names, including Jimin picking a few for them.

 

1:45 PM

Sunhwan and Jamie walked in, the girls all standing and greeting them, the two motioned them to sit on the benches as the leaned against the table in the room. Jamie looked to Sunhwan for him to begin talking.

"This next round is new, not heard before songs. Songs you might have been called in to demo for." Sunhwan explained the girls looked at each other, confused. "I know, a few are in class right now, when they come for rehearsals they will be directed by the staff to where to go. Jamie and I are the producers of said songs, we drew names as to who as tol who is working with who."

"I will list the names of who is on my team, those not called will be working with Sunhwan." Jamie said, pulling out a piece of paper with their names on it. "Ahn Hyewon." The girl nodded. " Im Haeryung. Jeon Haeun. Lee Jibyul. And Nin." The Thai girl nodded, Hyewon meeting her eyes and gave her a smile. Jinae smiled, as Mingzhu squeezed Jaein's arm. "You two can follow me." Jamie said, motioning the girls to walk with her.

How do you feel about working with Jamie?

"She seems pretty scary. But, she is a good producer and artist, she worked with RM a few times." Hyewon answered in an interveiw where she sat beside Nin.

"It's nervew racking working with either of them. I just hope eventually we all can get a turn at creating our own music." Nin said, Hyewon nodded in agreement.

Do you think your team has an advantage over the other team?

"Our heights aren't over 10 centimeters apart." Nin said, Hyewon nodding and chuckling at her statement.

"Jibyul would be the shortest too. " Hyewon said, as the other group standing together flashed across the screen.

 

Who is the most excited about working with Sunhwan?

"Jinae." They all voiced including Rena whom sat beside her in the interveiw.

"Wh-what?!" Jinae asked, confused as to why they would all say her.

"She admires him alot. Ever since she first started training." Seulgi said, A cut of Jinae winking in the last performance at Sunhwan, causing him to laugh and smile.

"I don't have a crush on him. He is a good trainer." Jinae defended herself, Rena only smiled at the camera.

 

"Alright, you want to hear the demo first?" Sunhwan asked as the six girls sat behind his desk on the couch, nodding their heads he hit the space bar, music filled the studio.

Due to keep the performance a secret, we have replaced all of the actual background music with BTS' DNA. 

The girls nodded, their heads or looked in shock hearing the song. As the clip came to an end, Sunhwan handed them lyric sheets.

"Alright, I have already come up with a basis of distribution. Based on my knowledge of your skills and what I saw last round. 1, Camryn. 2, Jaein. 3, Rena. 4, Mingzhu. 5, Seulgi. 6, Sooyoung. 7, Jinae. Now I'm gonna play the song again and you can read along with it." Sunhwan explained, the girls nodded again.

 

"Alright since it's just the two of you, here is the lyric sheets. Hyewon your lines are labeled as 1, Nin your's are 5. We can talk more after the demo." Jamie said, pressing the space bar on the keyboard.

 

April 25 7:47 PM

DANCE PRACTICE ROOM 2

"Rena, one more time." Hyunwoo instructed, as the girl was struggling to keep up witht the dance, the girls began learning yesterday.

Sooyoung entered the room and bowed greeting Hyunwoo and the girls before stretching, watching Rena go over the first section of the dance again. Camryn sat drinking water off to the side as Mingzhu and Jaein worked over the dance together, Seulgi sat off to the side reading the lyrics again. Jinae entered the practice room probably just getting back from the bathroom.

"Since Sooyoung is here, lets run over what we did yesterday. Lets line up." Hyunwoo said, as Hyewon peaked through the window as they danced, Haeun looking as well.

 

"I wished I was part of this team, now looking at their dance and melody of the song I don't think I could have done it." Hyewon said in a interveiw, looking fairly unconfident, something fans and staff alike have picked up that doesn't happen often.

Do you not like the song for your team?

"I like it. I just don't think I can give off the 'swag' we all need for this song." Hyewon explained, as it faded into the five girls in a vocal room with Junghyun, singing the melody of the song as he nodded along.

"Okay. Lets have Haeryung start off from her first line in the second verse." Junghyun instructed.\

 

APRIL 30, 2018 8:29 PM

"And that is the fnal piece." Sunhwan said, after playing the finished MR for the girls, they all sat in shock as he finished the song in five hours, Rena having been the last one to record earlier that day. "With that being said, I feel like you all deserve some food to prepare yourselves for the intense rehearsals ahead. How does that sound?" Rena, Jaein and Jinae cheered, as the other four nodded.

 

The eight said in a room in a resturant eating happily, Mingzhu sticking to any of the plant based dishes, Jaein and Seulgi being caustious of any of the fried dishes, Jinae and Rena not caring what they are eating, mostly enjoying the free food. Camryn eating whatever Hyewon passed her, as Sunhwan ate away at the end of the table.

 

DANCE PRACTICE ROO M 1

Jamie watched as the girls ran over the dance to the song with the final MR. She nodded along as they continued along with the song. After the song ended, Jamie told the girls to take a seat on the ground as her manager came in carrying bags of food for them. Opening the bags and putting out spicy noodles and other side dishes. Haeun somehow having hearts in her eyes, as she handed out chopsticks.

"When I was a trainee, it wasn't as open or acceptable to have a female empowerment group or artist. Besides like BoA or Jessi. We want you girlsto be the leaders of the next generation. Much like BTS are." Jamie explained, the girls nodded.

"What advice can you give us?" Haeryung asked, as Haeun continued eating.

"Have fun and enjoy your time on the show. Don't make this the end of the line. Even if you get eliminated there are many doors that will open after this. I was cut from two girl groups in two companies before finding my place. If you have questions on how to improve or change, talk to the trainers, don't be afarid to to ask questions." Jamie said, the girls nodding again to her statements.

 

The two teams spent a few hours chatting with the producers before, going home to go to sleep.

NEXT WEEK ON THE RISE

"Is it sad I don't want to eliminate anyone from this team?" Seulha said, as the trainers and Bang PD sat in another room discussing the performances.

"We set out on four girls, are we sticking to that?" Sunhwan asked, looking at BangPD

 
 

Here is the THIRD episode!