Chapter 2

MARRIED TO MY BOSS

Chapter 2

 

This is how Cho Kyuhyun and Lee Sungmin met…

 

Kyuhyun is having a peaceful breakfast with his mother and stepfather at the Choi mansion.

“So, how’s the deal with Mr. Kang?”

Siwon asks his stepson. Kyuhyun looks at him.

“He accepts it appa, but…”

Kyuhyun stops talking. Siwon’s eyebrow furrowed.

“But what?”

Siwon asks nervously. Kyuhyun sighs softly before speaking again.

“He wants to meet Minho. He told me that he is accepting our business partnership with his airline company, but he will only sign the contract when he finally meets Minho. He wants to talk to him because he is the President of Choi Travel Agency. So…it’s in Minho’s hand now”

Kyuhyun told his stepfather who sighs softly.

“Do you know where your hardheaded brother is? He didn’t go home yesterday and he is not answering my calls”

Siwon told his stepson. Kyuhyun shook his head as an answer.

“Darling, he is in his condominium. No need to worry”

Sunhwa told her husband. Siwon looks at his wife.

“Don’t tell me that he is busy with his football again?”

Siwon asks. Sunhwa nods her head.

“And you know it?”

Siwon asks, frowning at his wife.

“Darling, there’s nothing wrong if Minho plays football. That’s what he wants. Let him do it. It’s his life ok”

“You’re spoiling him again”

Siwon told his wife.

“Honestly…”

Siwon sighs.

“Our kids are giving me headache”

Siwon told Sunhwa.

“Why me? I’m being a good boy here”

Kyuhyun told his stepfather. Siwon frowns at him.

“You, Wookie and Minho. All of you are giving me and your mom a headache”

Siwon told Kyuhyun.

“What did I do?”

Kyuhyun asks curiously.

“Son, do you really need to divorce your wife? I’m worried about you and my granddaughter. Can you talk to Seulgi and fix whatever misunderstanding that you have and try to save your marriage instead of getting a divorce?”

Siwon asks his son. He doesn’t want Kyuhyun to divorce Seulgi because he is worried and sad for Krystal.

“Your dad is right. You and Seulgi can talk to each other instead of getting a divorce”

Sunhwa told her son, supporting his husband’s opinion. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Seulgi and I already talk about it for so many times”

“Talk?”

Sunhwa asks.

“How can you tell us that you and your wife are talking to each other? You’re not seeing each other for a long time because of that stupid legal separation thing. I don’t understand why you agree on it and because of that we haven’t seen Krystal for a long time”

Sunhwa told her son. Siwon nods his head, agreeing to his wife.

“Umma, Seulgi and I did that because we need to think and settle things between us”

Kyuhyun told his mother.

“Then why get a divorce?”

Sunhwa asks, feeling frustrated. She doesn’t want her son to divorce Seulgi because she likes Seulgi a lot as her daughter-in-law and she always thinks that she is the right woman for Kyuhyun.

“Because things are no longer working between us and that’s why we decided to end the legal separation and file a divorce. We don’t love each other anymore and we don’t want to force ourselves to live together and fool our daughter that her parents are ok just to give her a complete family”

Kyuhyun explains.

“What makes you think that you don’t love Seulgi anymore?”

Sunhwa asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Third party?”

Siwon asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“No appa. There’s no third party involved here. Seulgi and I just don’t love each other anymore. Was it hard to understand?”

Kyuhyun asks. Siwon just shook his head.

“Well, that’s your life. I’m just giving you my opinion. I’m just sad for Krystal. It will not be easy for her”

“Appa, Krystal is no longer a kid. She’s old enough to understand”

Kyuhyun told his stepfather.

“What about her custody?”

Sunhwa asks with concern. She already misses her granddaughter that much.

“She will stay with her mom in London. My responsibilities to her as her father will not change. Seulgi and I agree that Krystal will be here every summer vacation and maybe Christmas if Seulgi will allow it. We also agree that Krystal will study college here since Seulgi is too busy to monitor Krystal’s study”

Kyuhyun informs his parents.

“Is this really your final decision?”

Sunhwa asks, still hoping that her son will change his mind. Kyuhyun nods his head.

“The court is already processing the divorce”

Kyuhyun told his mother who frowns at him.

“I really hate you for doing this”

Sunhwa told her son.

“I’m sorry umma. Seulgi and I try our best, but things between us are no longer working anymore. We’re doing this for Krystal. Just understand”

Kyuhyun told his mother.

~~~

“HONEY, WILL YOU PLEASE COME HERE FOR AWHILE!”

Ryeowook shouts, calling her husband who is busy dressing up.

“JONGWOON HONEY!”

Ryeowook shouts again. Jongwoon went inside his wife’s walk-in closet , holding his white dress shirt.

“What’s wrong? What are you doing honey?”

Jongwoon asks his wife who is busy choosing the clothes that she’s going to wear for her press conference on that day. Some of Ryeowook’s clothes and things are scattered on the floor.

“You’re going to give the maids a hard time cleaning your walk-in closet”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook before moving closer to her.

“Why are you still in your bathrobe? I thought you have a press conference today for your new drama, so why are you still not dressing up?”

Jongwoon asks his wife who is busy choosing her clothes.

“I’m still choosing my clothes”

“Why not asks your stylist to go here and help you?”

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook shook her head as an answer. Jongwoon stands behind his wife and gives her a sweet back hug.

“You’re beautiful, so any clothes you wear look good on you”

Jongwoon told his wife. He slowly brushes his nose on Ryeowook’s neck, smelling her wonderful scent before softly kissing her neck.

“Honey…”

Ryeowook removes Jongwoon’s arms around her, escaping from his sweet embrace. She gets a classy silver sheath high neck charmeuse knee-length cocktail dress with ruffle and shows it to her husband.

“What do you think?”

Ryeowook asks.

“Too classy”

Jongwoon answered.

“But it’s a press conference”

“Still too classy”

“Ok”

Ryeowook throws the dress on the floor and look for another dress inside the closet.

“This?”

Ryeowook shows her husband a skater dress with flare sleeve embroidery. Jongwoon shook his head as an answer. Ryeowook just sighs and throws the dress on the floor.

“Oh! By the way honey, before I forgot…”

Ryeowook stops what she is doing and looks at her husband who is already busy buttoning his white dress shirt. Ryeowook moves closer to him and helps him in buttoning his dress shirt.

“I need to tell you something”

“About?”

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook suddenly smiles when Jongwoon slowly unties her bathrobe, exposing her y body. She is wearing y black lace undergarments.

“Lovely”

Jongwoon whispers while staring at his wife’s y body. Ryeowook happily wraps her arms around her husband’s neck.

“Naughty”

Ryeowook whispers before kissing Jongwoon’s lips sweetly and softly. Jongwoon wraps an arm around his wife’s slim waist, pulling her closer to him.

“What are you going to tell me?”

Jongwoon asks before capturing Ryeowook’s soft pinkish lips, kissing her ardently. Ryeowook moans when Jongwoon moves his lips on her neck, kissing it slowly and softly.

“It’s about Minnie”

Ryeowook told her husband. Jongwoon stops what he’s doing and looks at his wife.

“What about my secretary?”

Jongwoon asks.

“Can you send her to oppa’s company to be his new secretary?”

Ryeowook asks. Jongwoon gives her a confused expression.

“Well…”

Ryeowook starts brushing a finger on her husband’s eyebrow before continuing.

“Kyu oppa needs a new secretary because his new secretary already resigns”

Ryeowook informs her husband.

“Honestly, Kyu’s secretaries are always resigning because of his temper. He needs to control his temper if he wants his secretary to stay for a long time”

Jongwoon told his wife, shaking his head slowly.

“Please honey. The HR can’t find a new secretary. Maybe you can send Minnie at Cho Media Group and become oppa’s secretary. You have three secretaries, so it will be fine if you will send Minnie at oppa’s company and be his secretary”

“Why her? Minnie is such a gentle and nice girl. Kyu will just shout on her all the time. Dasom will grill me alive”

“But Minnie is a very hardworking girl and her determination is very high. I’m sure that she can stand oppa’s attitude because she doesn’t give up easily. She’s not the type of girl who quits easily and maybe she will stay longer as oppa’s secretary. Dasom wouldn’t mind because oppa offers a good salary”

Ryeowook told her husband

“I’ll think about it”

Jongwoon told his wife.

“Please”

Ryeowook told her husband, flashing her puppy eyes, trying her best to convince him. Jongwoon sighs.

“Arasso. When will Minnie start?”

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook claps her hands happily.

“I know that you can’t resist me”

Ryeowook told her husband, giving him a sweet peck on his lips.

“I’ll tell oppa about it”

Ryeowook told Jongwoon who nods his head.

“What time should I fetch you later in your agency?”

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook shook her head.

“I’ll just ask ahjusshi to fetch me because I have a lot of schedules today. The taping for my new drama will end at three in the morning”

“But today is Dasom’s exhibit at Shilla Hotel. Don’t tell me that you forget about it?”

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook shook her head.

“Of course not. I just don’t know if I can attend it”

“Dasom will be mad at you”

“She will understand. I’ll just send her a lovely bouquet of flowers to congratulate her”

Ryeowook told her husband.

“How about our vacation?”

Jongwoon asks, wrapping an arm around Ryeowook’s waist. Ryeowook shook her head.

“I don’t have time for that”

“But we already talk about it and you said yes”

Jongwoon told his wife, frowning at her.

“I know. But I just can’t because my schedules suddenly get hectic”

“Hon, I want us to have a baby soon. Can you not—“

Ryeowook quickly presses a finger on Jongwoon’s lips to stop him from talking.

“The baby can wait. I’m not yet ready for that thing. Please understand”

Ryeowook told her husband. She was about to kiss Jongwoon’s lips, but he moves away from her.

“I’m leaving. I don’t want to be late in my meeting. See you when I see you”

Jongwoon told his wife.

“Honey…”

Ryeowook stares at her husband sadly because she knows that Jongwoon is mad at her. Jongwoon ignores his wife, leaving her alone inside her walk-in closet.

~~~

*SHILLA HOTEL*

 

“Congratulations our dear artist”

Sungmin happily told her best friend. Dasom hugs Sungmin and Taemin happily.

“Thanks for coming. I’m really happy because both of you are here”

Dasom told her best girlfriends, somehow she feels happy because her best girlfriends are there to celebrate the success of her art exhibit even though her sister-in-law and her mother can’t attend because they have a lot of things to do on that day.

“Are you sure that you’re happy? It seems that you’re not”

Taemin told Dasom.

“I am happy”

“Then why are your eyes sad?”

Taemin asks. Sungmin stares at her best friend who looks a little bit sad.

“Where is Taecyeon oppa?”

Taemin asks, making Dasom frown.

“Why? Did you guys fought?”

Sungmin asks.

“I hate him. He’s too busy with his football and that’s why he is not here to support me. He exchanges me to his football”

Dasom told her friends, frowning so hard.

“Oh! So that’s the reason why you look sad even though you’re telling us that you’re happy?”

Taemin asks. Dasom sighs.

“Yes. I mean…”

Dasom looks at her girlfriends sadly.

“Mom and Wookie unnie can’t also come because they have a lot of things to do today. They just send me flowers and my lovely boyfriend can’t also attend because he exchanges me to his football. I hate him”

Dasom told her friends, feeling sad.

“Just understand. He is a famous football player and one of the stars in his team”

“I’m sure that he will make it up to you”

Taemin and Sungmin told Dasom, cheering her up.

“I still hate him”

Dasom told them.

“But I have a nice idea”

Dasom told her friends while giggling happily. Taemin and Sungmin just stare at her.

“We’re going to have a girl’s night tonight. I’ll have my interview later for Art and Creativity Magazine then after that, we can already go and have a party on our own. We’re going to sneak, so the reporters can’t interview me. I already book a room at The Sapphire Inn. We’re going to stay at the Penthouse Suite. I get a discount because I am the beautiful little sister of Kim Jongwoon”

Dasom told her friends happily.

“I’m very sorry Dasom. As much as I want to join you and Taemin in that so-called girl’s party, I really can’t. I need to pass”

“WHY?”

Dasom and Taemin shout in unison.

“Come on Lee Sungmin, stop being a kill joy. We’re just going to talk about love and then drink some wines and sojus and talk about life…something like that”

Dasom told her best friend.

“We can also watch movies or maybe have drama marathon”

Taemin suggested. Dasom nods her head, agreeing to her friend. Sungmin shook her head.

“I really can’t because I have work tomorrow”

“Oh don’t worry about that darling. I’ll tell oppa that you will not go to work tomorrow”

“But this is my last day at HelloTalk Telecom”

Sungmin told Dasom who stares at her blankly.

“I’m no longer going to work there tomorrow. Jongwoonie oppa is no longer my boss”

“What? Why? Did oppa fire you? Do you want me to grill him alive? I’ll talk to him. He can’t do that. You’re a very hardworking person and very reliable, so he can’t fire you”

Dasom told Sungmin, feeling confused. Sungmin smiles and shook her head.

“Oppa didn’t fire me. He just transfers me to another company”

“To Kim Group of Companies?”

Dasom asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“To one of our hospitals or appa’s company?”

Dasom asks. Sungmin shook her head again.

“Starting tomorrow, I’m going to work at Cho Media Group”

Sungmin informs her friends.

“Jongwoonie oppa told me that his brother-in-law needs a new secretary. Wookie unnie was the one who recommends me to her brother”

Sungmin told them. Taemin and Dasom just nod their heads.

“I see. Not bad at all. Cho Media Group is a well-known advertising company. I’m sure that Kyu oppa will give you a good salary just like your salary at HelloTalk Telecom”

Dasom told her best friend happily. She feels relief knowing that her brother transfer Sungmin to a good company.

“Have you met Jongwoonie oppa’s brother-in-law? I wonder how he looks like. I mean…I’m nervous because I don’t know how I’m going to deal with him. New environment and new boss”

Sungmin told Dasom, feeling worried.

“They say that he is snobbish and have a very short temper. He is also perfectionist and moody”

Dasom told Sungmin, making her gulps nervously.

“Then why did Jongwoonie oppa agree to Wookie unnie? I suddenly feel scared and nervous”

Sungmin told her best friend.

“Is Min really going to be fine there? I mean, if her new boss is like that. It’s scary you know”

Taemin told Dasom, worrying about Sungmin.

“Don’t worry because Kyu oppa is nice. I’ve met him for like ten times. He is nice. Maybe he is just a strict boss, but he is nice. Oppa wouldn’t agree to Wookie unnie’s idea if he knows that our Minnie will not be fine there”

Dasom told them. She looks at Sungmin and smiles brightly.

“Don’t worry darling. You can do it. You have a bright attitude and I’m sure that you can deal with Kyu oppa. He is nice. Just do what he wants you to do and always follow him and you’ll be fine. Oppa is handsome, but he is already married, so don’t desire him ok”

Dasom told her best friend.

“Pabo! Why will I do that? I don’t have time for a relationship. I need to earn money to help Aunt Taeyeon. I want to give her the dream restaurant that she wants”

Sungmin told them happily.

“That’s the spirit. I’ll introduce you later to Kyu oppa so you know how he looks like. I think he will go here because I invited him”

Dasom told Sungmin who nods at her.

“I’ll just leave you guys for awhile. I need to talk to Ms. Bae before my interview. Please enjoy my exhibit. See you later girlfriends. I love you both”

Dasom gives them a sweet peck on their cheeks before walking towards Ms. Bae, a curator.

“Come, let’s see the wonderful paintings of our Dasomie darling”

Taemin told Sungmin who nods happily at her.

~~~

Sungmin walks towards the elevator after going at the female’s restroom. She presses the down button and waits for the elevator to arrive at the 7th floor. She was waiting quietly when her mobile phone suddenly rings. Sungmin quickly gets it inside her bag and answers the call.

“Yes darling?”

“Where are you now?”

Dasom asks.

“I’m just waiting for the elevator”

Sungmin answers. Dasom nods her head.

“Don’t forget what I told you.  Don’t allow dad or Jongwoonie oppa to see you or else our plan will fail. Remember, we’re sneaking out, so don’t allow them to see you or any other reporters ok”

“Ok”

Sungmin told her best friend before hanging up. She saw Jongwoon went out of the venue of the exhibit and it seems that he is looking for Dasom. Sungmin quickly hides at the corner before Jongwoon can see her.

“OMO! That was close”

Sungmin whispers, feeling her heart beating fast. She slowly and carefully peeks to see if Jongwoon is still outside the venue. Sungmin sighs in relief when she didn’t saw Jongwoon.

“I need to go now”

Sungmin told herself. She decided that she will just take the stairs, so nobody can see her. She starts walking fast and end up bumping into someone who just came out from the elevator.

“Watch your way, will you?”

The person told Sungmin who quickly bows her head to apologize to him.

“I’m sorry. I’m in a hurry that’s why I didn’t notice you”

Sungmin told him.

“So?”

He asks. Sungmin raises her head and looks at the snobbish person. She was astonished by her handsome face even though he looks serious and frowning at her.

“What?”

The tall handsome asks, still frowning at Sungmin who shook her head. She doesn’t know what to say. She just bows her head again before walking away.

“Why is that girl so weird?”

The handsome man asks his self.

“Kyuhyun-ah!”

Kyuhyun looks around when he hears someone calling him. He smiles and waves his hand happily towards Jongwoon who is walking towards him.

“Have you seen babe?”

Jongwoon asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“I just arrive”

Kyuhyun answers. Jongwoon sighs softly.

“The reporters are looking for her. She still has interviews to finish. Maybe she already sneaks out”

Jongwoon told his brother-in-law.

“By the way, I already told Minnie that she will start her first day as your secretary tomorrow”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun who nods his head.

“Don’t be harsh on her. She is a nice and a very gently and shy girl. I’ll grill you alive if you will be harsh on her”

Jongwoon told his brother-in-law, warning him. Kyuhyun smirks.

“It depends Jongwoonie, if she is stupid then I’ll be harsh on her. You know me. I hate stupid people”

“She’s not stupid ok. She is smart and she is very responsible and hard working. If my wife didn’t beg me earlier, I wouldn’t agree on her idea to send Minnie to your company as your new secretary”

“Speaking of your wife, where is she?”

Kyuhyun asks, looking for his younger sister.

“Busy with her work”

Jongwoon answers, feeling irritated.

“Come. Dad is waiting for you”

Jongwoon told his brother-in-law.

“If Dasom is no longer here then what am I supposed to do with these flowers?”

Kyuhyun asks, holding a very beautiful bouquet for Dasom.

“Just send it in her condo or give it to dad. Maybe Dasom will be in the house tomorrow”

“How about Wookie?”

Kyuhyun asks, teasing Jongwoon.

“Shut up!”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun before walking away with a frown on his face. Kyuhyun chuckles.

“They are a weird couple”

Kyuhyun whispers before following Jongwoon from behind.

~~~

NEXT DAY…

 

Sungmin arrives at Cho Media Group at ten thirty in the morning because she woke up late. She ends up joining Dasom and Taemin in drinking yesterday night, making her tipsy and because of that she forgot to set the alarm in her mobile phone.

“Wait!”

Sungmin manages to go inside the elevator before it closes.

“Are you ok?”

Sungmin looks at the owner of the voice who is looking at her with concern.

“How do you cure a hangover?”

Sungmin asks the cute guy with her inside the elevator.

“You see. I end up drinking with my girlfriends yesterday night. I forgot to set the alarm and that’s why I woke up late. This is my first day as Mr. Cho’s secretary”

Sungmin told the cute guy, feeling nervous.

“If I were you, just resign now”

The cute guy told Sungmin with concern in his voice.

“Why will I do that?”

Sungmin asks.

“Because you’re already late and Mr. Cho hates it. He will surely grill you alive”

“Is he scary?”

Sungmin asks nervously, the cute guy nods his head.

“Very scary”

The cute guy answered.

“If you’re his new secretary, you should arrive here early…before Mr. Cho arrives”

“What time is he arriving?”

Sungmin asks.

“It depends on his schedule. Sometimes, he is already here at five in the morning”

“Do you think he is already here?”

Sungmin asks, feeling her heart beating fast because of fear. The cute guy nods his head as an answer.

“Good luck”

He told Sungmin before going out of the elevator.

“OMO! What will I do? I suddenly feel scared”

Sungmin whispers. She presses the 8th floor button and waits for the elevator to arrive there while feeling nervous. Sungmin quickly went out from the elevator upon arriving at the eight floor. She walks fast and looks for the office of the HR. Sungmin takes a deep breath. She knocks softly before going inside the office.

“Can I speak with Ms. Kang Jihyun?”

Sungmin asks the beautiful lady who looks problematic.

“I am Kang Jihyun, what can I do for you?”

Jihyun asks.

“Ah…”

Sungmin takes a deep breath before continuing.

“I am Lee Sungmin. Mr. Kim Jongwoon—“

“YOU’RE MR. CHO’S NEW SECRETARY?”

Jihyun shouts, interrupting Sungmin from talking. Sungmin nods her head.

“Aigoo! Why are you late? Mr. Cho grills me alive because of you! You supposed to be here by six in the morning, but why are you late?”

Jihyun told Sungmin angrily. She stands up and holds Sungmin’s hand.

“Let’s go”

Jihyun told Sungmin, dragging her as she leaves her office. She went at the fifth floor, dragging Sungmin with her. She stops walking when she arrives at Kyuhyun’s office.

“Prepare yourself”

Jihyun told Sungmin who just looks at her nervously. Jihyun went inside. She walks towards a door and softly knocks before going inside with Sungmin.

“Mr. Cho, your secretary is already here”

Jihyun told Kyuhyun who is holding a folder, busy reading something.

“Leave”

Kyuhyun told Jihyun who bows at him before leaving the office; leaving Sungmin alone.

“Sir…”

Sungmin stops talking when she recognizes Kyuhyun.

“You’re my boss?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun stops reading. He puts down the folder on top of his desk and looks at Sungmin who is staring at him with amusement in her eyes. Sungmin’s heart is beating fast, but not because of nervousness, but because of happiness and she can’t understand why…maybe because she has crush on Kyuhyun. She felt it when she saw him at Shilla Hotel yesterday night.

“Do you know what time is it Ms. Lee Sungmin?”

Kyuhyun asks, giving Sungmin an angry glare that makes her feel nervous. Sungmin didn’t answer, making Kyuhyun angrier.

“I’M ASKING YOU!”

Kyuhyun raises his voice and slams his hand on top of his desk because of anger. Sungmin’s heart starts jumping because of fear. Kyuhyun stands up and walks towards his new secretary who looks nervous and scared because of him.

“Did Mr. Kim Jongwoon tell you that you will work here as my secretary and not a Supervisor or something? You supposed to be here before I arrive. You supposed to fix my office and my schedules for this day and put it on top of my desk, but what—“

“I’m sorry sir. I woke up late. I forgot to set the alarm”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, stopping him from talking. She bows her head, hoping that her boss will have a heart to forgive her and won’t grill her alive.

“So? Is setting the alarm and waking you is my responsibility?”

Kyuhyun asks, raising an eyebrow. He hates stupid reasons and for him, Sungmin’s reason for being late to her work is very stupid.

“You supposed to be responsible and—“

“I drink with my best girlfriends yesterday night and…”

Sungmin stops talking because she’s feeling dizzy because of her hangover. Her head is really aching. She raises her head and looks at her boss who is staring at her angrily.

“Have you looked in the mirror before you go to work?”

Kyuhyun asks because Sungmin doesn’t look presentable. She looks so pale because she’s not wearing make-up. Her hair is a bit messy because she doesn’t have much time to fix it since she’s in a hurry to go to work. Sungmin gulps nervously when Kyuhyun looks at her from head to foot.

“You don’t even wear make-up and your hair is messy. Is that the kind of—“

“Excuse me sir, I’m still beautiful even though I don’t wear make-up and I’m not used to it”

Sungmin told her boss, interrupting him from talking. Kyuhyun takes a deep breath. He’s trying his best to control his temper because he promises Jongwoon that he will not be moody and short tempered when dealing with Sungmin.

“You don’t even wear heels”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin while staring at her flat shoes.

“I’m not used to wear heels sir. Mr. Kim—“

“Mr. Kim is different from me. Do you understand?”

Kyuhyun asks, feeling angry. Sungmin nods her head.

“Yes sir”

“Now…”

Kyuhyun takes a deep breath.

“I want to see you tomorrow wearing make-up and heels. You need to look presentable all the time. That’s my rule. If you’re not used to it then you can pass a resignation letter now”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who just stares at him, still feeling amused of his handsomeness; for Sungmin, Kyuhyun is still handsome even though he is already mad and frowning.

“Questions?”

Kyuhyun asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Are you not going to grill me alive sir?”

Sungmin asks nervously.

“I don’t have time for that. I have a lot of things to do. If I were you, I’ll start working now if you don’t want to be fired right away. I hate stupid and lazy people. I’m not a nice boss. I am demanding and strict. I hope Mr. Kim told you that before he sends you here”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who nods at him.

“Of course, Mr. Kim told me that. He orients me about you before he sends me here”

Sungmin told her boss.

“Good. Start working now Ms. Lee. I put all the paperworks that you need to finish for this day on top of your desk. Leave my office now”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“Ok Sir. I’m going to work hard and I won’t dis—“

Sungmin stops talking when she feels like throwing up. Kyuhyun stares at her.

“I told you to leave and start working. Stop talking because I hate talk—“

Kyuhyun didn’t have the chance to finish talking because Sungmin throws up on his clothes.

“I’m sorry sir. I…well..I”

Sungmin was lost for words. She stares at Kyuhyun nervously.

“Leave”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, trying to calm his self.

“Sir, I’m reall—“

“I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE BEFORE I CAN FIRE YOU! START WORKING! STUPID!”

Kyuhyun shouts because of anger. Sungmin stares at Kyuhyun nervously and immediately leaves his office, afraid that he will fire her right away.

~~~

Sungmin is quietly eating alone in the cafeteria. Her head is still aching so badly because of her hangover.

“My life is over now. Why am I so stupid? Aish! Curse this hangover. My boss is mad at me. What will I do if he fires me later, tomorrow, next day or the next next day or maybe next week?”

Sungmin asks herself, feeling nervous because of what happen earlier and because she’s late in her first day in her new work.

“Jongwoonie oppa will surely grill me alive if his brother-in-law told him what happen earlier. Wookie unnie will also get mad at me. How am I supposed to face them?”

Sungmin gets her bottle of water and drinks it.

“Can I join you Ms. Elevator Girl?”

Sungmin looks at the owner of the voice; it was the cute guy that was with her inside the elevator. He is smiling brightly at her. Sungmin puts down her bottle of water and nods her head.

“Sure”

Sungmin answers. The cute guy sits in front of her.

“Kim Sunggyu”

He introduces his self. He reaches his hand out. Sungmin smiles at him and happily shakes his hand.

“Lee Sungmin. Just call me Minnie”

Sungmin told Sunggyu, introducing herself happily.

“So…”

Sunggyu stares at Sungmin’s lunch.

“That’s your lunch? Cup noodles only?”

Sunggyu asks before starting eating his lunch.

“Want some?”

Sunggyu asks, offering his delicious lunch to Sungmin who shook her head.

“I don’t have appetite”

Sungmin told Sunggyu.

“Still have hangover?”

Sunggyu asks. Sungmin slowly nods her head as an answer.

“So, how’s your first day as Mr. Cho’s secretary?”

Sunggyu asks with concern. Sungmin flashes a weak smile.

“Did he grills you alive?”

Sunggyu asks.

“I made a very stupid mistake. It was so embarrassing”

Sungmin told Sunggyu.

“I throw up on him”

Sungmin told Sunggyu, feeling embarrassed. Sunggyu starts laughing.

“Yah! What’s so funny? It was so embarrassing you know. I don’t even know how I will face Mr. Kim and his wife. They are the one who recommends me to Mr. Cho. What I did is really embarrassing”

“But funny”

“Yah!”

Sungmin pouts cutely, making Sunggyu blush a little.

“Why are you so cute and beautiful at the same time?”

Sunggyu asks before gently pinching Sungmin’s cheek.

“Is Mr. Cho really serious? He doesn’t even smile and he is giving me a cold treatment. But I understand because I am late on my first day as his secretary and I made a stupid and very embarrassing thing”

Sungmin told Sunggyu sadly.

“He is getting divorce. Maybe that’s the reason why he is like that. But he is really a short-tempered man. He is strict and a serious boss. He hates stupid people. That’s why you need to follow everything that he will tell you. He is demanding”

“Very demanding”

Sungmin whispers.

“But where on earth did you find out that he is getting a divorce with his wife? My best friend didn’t tell me and Mr. Kim and his wife also didn’t inform me about it”

Sungmin told Sunggyu, feeling curious how on earth Sunggyu finds out about the divorce.

“Just a rumor. The employees are talking about it. Just heard from them and from the girls who desires him”

Sunggyu told Sungmin, but of course it was a lie. Yes, the employees of Cho Media Group is talking about it and some girls who like Kyuhyun are also talking about it. But that’s not how Sunggyu finds out about the divorce. He finds it out because Kyuhyun told him; Kim Sunggyu and Cho Kyuhyun are best of friends and Sunggyu was the one who introduces Seulgi to Kyuhyun.

“OMO!”

Sungmin’s eyes suddenly grow big because she remembers something.

“What?”

Sunggyu asks.

“I should go now. I need to go to Incheon because Mr. Cho wants me to get some important documents at Incheon General Hospital. I’ll just see you tomorrow”

Sungmin told Sunggyu. She gets her bottle of water and stands up. She happily waves her hand on Sunggyu before running away.

“Kyu is giving her a hard time. I wonder if that new secretary will stay long or will resign soon”

Sunggyu told his self before continuing eating his lunch alone.

~~~

*NORTH ISLAND, SEYCHELLES*

 

Sungmin is having a not so peaceful breakfast with her husband and step-daughter at their villa in North Island, Seychelles. Kyuhyun and Krystal are having a little argument about the things that they should do on that day.

“Why don’t you want us to have snorkeling today? You’re asking me on what I want to do today. I told you that I want to have snorkeling, kayaking and stand up paddling”

Krystal told her father, frowning at him. Kyuhyun sighs softly.

“There’s nothing wrong with those adventures, but sweetheart…”

Kyuhyun stops talking. He looks at Sungmin who is eating her breakfast quietly.

“Your mommy doesn’t know how to do snorkeling, kayaking and stand up paddling. She is not used with those kinds of adventures ok”

Kyuhyun told his daughter, making her frown even more.

“I suggest that we should just have a cycling today or maybe an excursion. It will be fun to explore Praslin . We can also go fishing today and have a picnic at the beach. It will be fun”

Kyuhyun suggested.

“Are you kidding me?”

Krystal asks, rolling her eyes like a . She’s starting to get irritated towards her father because he doesn’t want them to do the adventures that she wants on that day because Sungmin doesn’t know how to do it.

“What’s wrong with those adventures that—“

“It’s so boring ok. I don’t want to ride a bicycle or explore Praslin. I also hate fishing and picnics. You know that. Those adventures are not for me. You told me when we arrive here yesterday that I should enjoy my vacation here, but I’m not enjoying it because you don’t want us to do the adventures that I want”

Krystal told her father, feeling angry.

“Why are you being selfish huh?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“Me? Selfish? What the hell?”

Krystal asks her father.

“Look…”

Kyuhyun sighs softly. He doesn’t know how he will be able to control his daughter’s bratty attitude.

“Your mommy already gives way to you. We supposed to spend our family vacation in Venice, but since you don’t want to go there and you suggest that we should spend our vacation here in North Island, we agree on it. So, you need to give way too. You need to choose adventures that your mommy will enjoy too”

Kyuhyun explains to his daughter, hoping that she will understand.

“What do you want me to do in Venice? Reminisce our family vacation there before your arrive in your life and steal you away from mom?”

Krystal asks, throwing harsh words against Sungmin who remains quiet.

“Yah! Stop calling your mommy like that!”

Kyuhyun told his daughter, frowning at him.

“What? I’m just telling the truth. She’s your . A cheap woman who just marries you for your wealth and you’re so stupid to exchange my mom to her!”

“CHO KRYSTAL!”

Kyuhyun raises his voice because he doesn’t like the way his daughter talks and calls Sungmin a and cheap woman.

“Shame on you dad!”

“Yah! I told you to stop. Don’t test my patience young lady!”

Kyuhyun told his daughter, giving her a serious look.

“Fine! If you love your that much have fun with her. I don’t want to spend my time with you and with your . It’s not worth it. I don’t want to socialize with cheap people like her”

Krystal told Kyuhyun while staring at her step-mother angrily. She stands up.

“Where are you going? We’re not yet done eating”

Kyuhyun told his daughter. Krystal just stares at him with teary eyes before walking away, leaving him and Sungmin.

“You shouldn’t throw a fight with her”

Sungmin told her husband, feeling sad because Krystal still hates her and she’s hating her even more.

“Please keep quiet. I don’t need you opinion”

Kyuhyun told his wife. He wipes his lips with his table napkin and stands up.

“I’ll just catch some fresh air”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before walking away, leaving his wife eating alone.

~~~

*KIM MANSION, INCHEON, SOUTH KOREA*

 

Jongwoon was sitting comfortably on the sofa, reading a business magazine while waiting for his sister to go down.

“WE’RE HOME!!!”

Heechul and Sohee shout happily upon seeing their son at the living room. Jongwoon stands up and gives his mother a sweet kiss on her cheek before going back to his seat. Sohee sits beside Jongwoon, joining him on the sofa while Heechul sits on one of the Seychelles wood trim chairs.

“Are you going to attend a funeral?”

Heechul asks his son who is wearing black shirt, black coat, black jeans and black leather boots. Jongwoon shook his head. He closes the business magazine that he’s reading and puts it down on top of the center table.

“Babe and I will watch soccer today. Taecyeon and Minho’s team have a game. Taemin can’t go with her because she is sick and since I don’t have work today, I decided to accompany her to her boyfriend’s soccer game”

Jongwoon told his father.

“What’s with the black outfit?”

Heechul asks because his son is always wearing black clothes whenever he will see him.

“What’s wrong with my outfit? It doesn’t suit me?”

Jongwoon asks curiously. Heechul shook his head.

“Nothing. It’s just that you’re always wearing black whenever I’m seeing you. Why not wear light color clothes huh?”

Heechul suggested. Jongwoon just smiles at him.

“Never mind. I know that you will not listen to me since you have your own life now and I understand that black is your favorite color. But anyway…”

Heechul pauses for the meantime before continuing.

“How long do you plan to stay here? You don’t have plan in going home? Do you still have business here in Incheon?”

Heechul asks, worrying that his son already run away from home because of the “birth control pills issue”.

“You don’t want me to be here anymore?”

Jongwoon asks. Heechul shook his head.

“It’s not like that son. Your mom and I are always happy whenever you and bumblebee are here. I’m just worried about you and Wookie. Your wife will be worried about you if you will stay here longer. You should go home soon. If you and Wookie have a misunderstanding, you should talk. Don’t avoid each other, so you will solve your problems”

Heechul told Jongwoon.

“Appa, I already told you and umma last week that my wife is not home”

“UNTIL NOW?”

Heechul and Sohee shout in unison, wondering where Ryeowook is. Jongwoon nods his head as an answer.

“Why? Where is she? How come she’s not yet going home?”

Sohee asks.

“I don’t know”

Jongwoon answers. Heechul hits his son’s arm.

“Aw! What the hell is that for?”

Jongwoon asks, frowning at his father.

“You’re Wookie’s husband, but how come you don’t know where she is? You supposed to know”

Heechul told his son, frowning at him. Jongwoon sighs.

“I told you last week that we’re not talking to each other. She’s not answering my phone calls and whenever she’s calling, I’m busy and that’s why I can’t answer her calls and when I’ll return the call, she is the one who is busy. I don’t know where she is and when she will return here in South Korea”

Jongwoon explains while rubbing his arm.

“I just want to stay here longer since Wookie is still busy abroad. I don’t want to go home in a big empty house. What am I going to do there? Talk with the maids?”

Jongwoon asks.

“Cutie pie, maybe you and Wookie need counseling”

Sohee suggested because she thinks that Jongwoon and Ryeowook’s marriage life is no longer healthy.

“What for? It will not work umma if I have a very hardheaded wife”

Jongwoon told his mother, feeling irritated because they are talking about his marriage life again. He is really sensitive whenever the topic is about his marriage life because he hates talking about it.

“Can we just stop talking about my marriage life? If Wookie and I are having a marital problem, it’s between us”

Jongwoon told his parents with a hint of anger in his voice. Heechul and Sohee just stare at each other sadly.

“But Jongwoonie…”

“Please umma. I know that you and appa are concern about me and Wookie, but it’s our problem as husband and wife and you’re already out of it”

Jongwoon told his mother, hoping that she and his father will already stop asking him a lot of questions about Ryeowook and their married life.

“Umma! Appa! Why are you guys early today?”

They all stare at the owner of the voice. Dasom is happily walking towards them.

“My bumblebee is very beautiful just like her mom”

Heechul happily told his daughter who looks beautiful in her simple white floral dress. Dasom flashes a sweet smile and kisses her parents’ cheeks before sitting on her father’s lap.

“Oppa and I will watch my baby’s soccer game”

Dasom told her father happily.

“You and Jongwoonie should be home before dinner”

Heechul told his daughter.

“It’s Sunday and it’s family day. Your mom will cook delicious dinner for us”

Heechul told his children happily.

“But appa, Taecyeon and I will have a date after his game. So, I’ll pass today”

Dasom told her father. Heechul shook his head.

“No. Since you and your brother are here, we’re going to have family bonding tonight. We’re going to have movie marathon after dinner. Tell my future son-in-law to move your date tomorrow”

Heechul told his daughter.

“But I have an appo—“

“Kim dasom! No more buts. You see. You and your brother are very busy with your life and work. Your mom and I are just asking for a little time. We just miss having a family bonding with our children. I know that you and Jongwoonie are both grownups now, but you still need to spend time with us. Do you understand?”

Heechul asks. Dasom nods her head as an answer.

“And beside…you often go home here”

Sohee told her daughter, pouting at her.

“That’s because I have my condo umma”

Dasom answers.

“That’s why you need to spend time with me and your dad whenever you will go home here because we allow you to have a condominium even though it’s against our will. We really don’t understand why you already want to step out of our house. You’re not yet married”

Sohee told her daughter. Heechul nods his head, agreeing to his wife.

“That’s because my work is far from home”

Dasom reason out.

“Then transfer to other company that is not far from home or maybe you can work in one of our advertising companies”

Heechul told his daughter.

“I don’t want”

Dasom told her father as she slowly shakes her head.

“How about you oppa?”

Dasom asks as she looks at her brother.

“What about me?”

Jongwoon asks.

“Is Wookie unnie still not here?”

Dasom asks. Jongwoon sighs heavily.

“Why don’t we just leave now huh? You’re being talkative”

Jongwoon told his sister irritatingly. He stands up and went out. Dasom stares at her parents blankly.

“What did I do?”

Dasom asks.

“He’s in bad mood, so just understand”

Sohee told her daughter.

“And don’t ever talk about Wookie”

Heechul told his daughter.

“Why? Are they already divorce?”

Dasom asks worriedly.

“Just go now or you will be late in your boyfriend’s game”

Heechul told his daughter.

“Arasso”

Dasom stands up.

“Oppa and I will go now”

Dasom told her parents.

“Go home before dinner ok”

Heechul told his daughter, giving her a sweet hug.

“Ok”

Dasom kisses her parents’ cheeks and happily waves her hand at them before going out of their mansion.

~~~

Sungmin was walking around the private villa, taking some pictures of the beautiful surroundings on her mobile phone as her remembrance of her trip in North Island, Seychelles. She was enjoying the beauty of the place, the fresh air and the beauty of nature.

“I wish that someday I can bring Aunt Taeyeon to a beautiful place like this. I’m sure that she will also love this place as much as I do. She will surely love the beauty of nature. It’s so peaceful and relaxing”

Sungmin told herself.

“That’s why you need to work hard Cho Sungmin, so you can earn and save a lot of money and treat your Aunt Taeyeon to a very luxurious vacation like this”

Sungmin told herself happily, imagining the sweet smile of her Aunt Taeyeon whom she already misses so much.

“Is it a good idea to talk to her after what happen earlier?”

Sungmin asks herself upon seeing her step-daughter at the pool area. Krystal was sitting on one of the swimming pool loungers. She was wearing a red y swimwear and she’s busy putting sunblock lotion on her lovely glowing skin.

“A little chat wouldn’t hurt her”

Sungmin whispers. She walks towards Krystal who suddenly frowns upon seeing her.

“What are you doing here of my dad?”

Krystal asks.

“Ms. Lee is better than . I’m sure that your mom and dad didn’t teach you to talk to someone like that”

Sungmin told her step-daughter who just gives her a frown.

“Can I join you young lady?”

Sungmin asks with a sweet smile on her lips even though Krystal keeps on frowning at her. Krystal sighs heavily and rolls her eyes like a before handling her step-mother the sunblock lotion that she’s holding.

“Since you’re here, maybe you can put sunblock on my skin”

Krystal told Sungmin before patting the empty space beside her. Sungmin gets the sunblock lotion away from Krystal’s hand and sits beside her. Krystal puts her legs on Sungmin’s lap. She stares at Sungmin and watches her as she gently puts sunblock lotion on her skin.

“Is there a problem?”

Sungmin asks when she notices Krystal staring at her. Krystal shook her head.

“Why do you love dad?”

Krystal asks, interrogating her step-mother. Sungmin smiles at her.

“Your dad is a very nice man and he—“

“Oh really? You love him because he is such a nice man or because he is a rich man?”

Krystal asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“I didn’t marry your dad because of his wealth. I marry him because I love him”

Sungmin told Krystal, feeling sad because Krystal thinks that she only marries Kyuhyun because of his wealth. Sungmin feels sad because Krystal thinks like her grandmother—that she only marries Kyuhyun because of his wealth and not because of love. Sungmin always feel sad and hurt whenever people will think that way.

“How old are you?”

Krystal asks.

“Twenty five”

Sungmin answers, making Krystal laughs sarcastically.

“Dad is thirty eight and you’re twenty five. Oh my goodness! Thirteen years of ? You’re like my older sister. Don’t you have shame huh?”

Krystal asks. Sungmin didn’t answer because she doesn’t want to throw a fight with her step-daughter and she’s not the type of person who loves to engage herself into an argument or fight. She doesn’t want to have a misunderstanding with her step-daughter and that’s why she just keeps herself quiet.

“You’re telling me that you love dad? Of course you love him because he is damn so rich. You love him because of his wealth. A cheap girl like you who came from a poor family will do anything to be rich and live in luxury. Maybe you can fool dad, but not me”

Krystal told Sungmin.

“You don’t need to believe me. I’m just asking you to respect. That’s all”

Sungmin told Krystal in a gentle manner. Krystal raises an eyebrow.

“Do you think my dad loves you?”

Krystal asks. Sungmin looks at her blankly.

“Hell no”

Krystal told Sungmin, smirking at her.

“Dad is just using you to make my mom jealous, so they can be together again. Do you think he really loves you? He just can’t accept the divorce and that’s why he looks for a rebounder and that’s you. I’m telling you , sooner or later my parents will realize that they still love each other and when that day arrives, I’m sure that dad will leave you. Dad still loves my mom and that’s the truth, so don’t be too confident because you’re just his ”

Krystal told Sungmin before standing up.

“I’m not enjoying this vacation because of you. Stop clinging to my dad ok”

Krystal told Sungmin before jumping on the pool, splashing some water on Sungmin

“You can leave now dad’s . Seeing your face irritates me”

Krystal told her step-mother before swimming away. Sungmin closes the sunblock lotion and puts it down on the swimming pool lounger. She stands up and leaves Krystal, feeling so sad and hurt because of what her step-daughter told her. Sungmin was walking blankly, thinking so deep—she’s thinking about what Krystal just told her.

“Of course Kyu loves me. He told me that and I can feel it. I trust him, but…”

Sungmin sighs sadly.

“Yah! Why am I thinking like this? I shouldn’t doubt Kyu’s love for me. I trust him. I know that he loves me. Krystal just hates me and that’s why she’s telling me those things”

Sungmin told herself as she continues walking slowly and sadly.

“There you are”

Sungmin stops walking when she hears a familiar voice. She raises her head and sees her husband walking happily towards her.

“Where have you been?”

Kyuhyun asks before giving Sungmin a sweet peck on her lips.

“Just walking around…enjoying the beauty of the place”

Sungmin told her husband, trying to flash smile. Kyuhyun notices her sad face.

“Is there something wrong baby?”

Kyuhyun asks, giving his wife a worried look. Sungmin shook her head.

“Why are you looking for me? Do you need something?”

Sungmin asks, changing the topic.

“Actually, I’m looking for you and Krystal. We’re about to leave now. Our tour guide is already here. You should pack some of your things now and get ready for our adventure today”

Kyuhyun happily told his wife.

“Have you seen our daughter?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“She’s at the pool, swimming”

Sungmin answers.

“Ok. You go first inside our room and pack some of our things. I’ll just talk to Krystal and—“

Sungmin gently holds Kyuhyun’s lips with her fingers, stopping him from talking.

“Kyu, we need to talk first”

Sungmin told her husband before removing her fingers on his soft lips. Kyuhyun looks at her curiously.

“About?”

Kyuhyun asks, worrying about his wife because he thinks that something is bothering her and she just doesn’t want to tell it to him. He can see sadness in Sungmin’s eyes and that makes him worry about her even more.

“Baby, is there something wrong?”

Kyuhyun asks, holding his wife’s beautiful face between his hands.

“Is there something that I need to know? Did Krystal do something?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“I think you should go with Krystal and do the activities that she wants to do on this day”

Sungmin told her husband.

“Baby, I already…”

“Kyu, please”

“How about you?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin manages to flash a sweet smile.

“I’ll just stay here and wait for both of you to arrive”

Sungmin told her husband, sounding normal. She really feels upset because she didn’t have her dream honeymoon which is in Venice because Krystal doesn’t want to go there. Sungmin doesn’t want her step-daughter to feel sad and to throw tantrums and that’s why she agrees to her that they should have their vacation in North Island at Seychelles. Sungmin feels sad because she can’t spend some intimate time with her husband because she needs to share his time and attention with Krystal. Sungmin doesn’t hate Krystal, it’s just that she feels sad because she and Kyuhyun is just a newlywed couple and of course she wants her husband’s full time and attention.

“Are you kidding me?”

Kyuhyun asks, raising an eyebrow. Sungmin shook her head.

“You don’t need to worry about Krystal. If you will keep on agreeing on what she wants, that girl will never stop being a brat”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin holds her husband’s hands.

“Kyu, Krystal misses you that much. You haven’t seen each other for a long time. This is the time that you should make it up to her and have a bonding with her. You should spend a lot of time with her”

“How about you? This is our honeymoon too. I don’t want to leave you here alone”

“I can manage”

Sungmin smiles at him.

“We’re going to stay here for a week and it only means that we still have a lot of time to spend for each other. Our daughter is just asking you to spend this day with you. So have fun with her. You don’t want her to be sad, right?”

Sungmin told her husband.

“How about you?”

Kyuhyun asks with concern. He doesn’t really agree on Sungmin’s idea and he doesn’t want to leave Sungmin alone.

“I’ll just sleep. You know that I’m still having a hard time sleeping at night because I’m not used in traveling to other country”

“But Min…”

“Shhhh…”

Sungmin softly kisses Kyuhyun’s lips.

“I want you to enjoy this day with Krystal. Have fun with her and I’m sure that she will be happy to spend her time with her dad. I’ll be ok, so don’t worry about me”

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun sighs.

“Fine. I won’t argue with you. I know that I will not win because you will keep on insisting. Just promise me one thing”

“What is it?”

“You’re mine later”

Kyuhyun told his wife who nods happily at him.

“Kyu, before you leave…”

“What is it?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin stares at his eyes.

“Please tell me that you love me”

Sungmin told her husband with a hint of sadness in her eyes. She wants to hear Kyuhyun telling her that he loves her.

“I love you”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin while staring at her eyes with love. He kisses Sungmin’s lips before hugging her. Sungmin rests her head on Kyuhyun’s chest.

“Are you sure that you’re ok? Did my daughter tell you something stupid and that’s why you’re acting like that?”

Kyuhyun asks worriedly. Sungmin shook her head while enjoying her husband’s sweet embrace.

“I just want to hear you telling me that you love me”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who gently cups her beautiful face. Kyuhyun looks at her.

“Do you doubt my love for you?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“Of course not, I just want to…”

Sungmin didn’t have the chance to finish talking because Kyuhyun quickly captures her soft pinkish lips, kissing her sweetly, stopping her from talking.

“I love you my Cho Sungmin”

Kyuhyun told his wife sweetly, making her smile.

“I love you too Kyu”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun before giving him a soft peck on his lips.

“I’ll go first in our room and pack some of your things for your adventure with Krystal. You go at the swimming pool and talk to her”

Sungmin told her husband who nods at her. Kyuhyun kisses Sungmin’s forehead before walking away.

“It will be fine”

Sungmin told herself. She takes a deep breath and starts walking. She went inside the master’s bedroom to pack some of Kyuhyun’s things for his adventure with his daughter on that day.

~~~

“Did you see the winning shot of my baby? He’s such a great soccer player. I’m so proud of him. But of course oppa, your brother-in-law also did a very great job. He and my baby are so good in soccer. They are—“

Dasom stops talking when she notices that her brother is not even listening to him. Jongwoon is busy staring at his mobile phone while frowning hard.

“Jongwoonie oppa!”

Dasom calls her brother’s attention. Jongwoon looks at her.

“Why are you frowning at me?”

Jongwoon asks.

“I keep on talking here about the game earlier and my baby and your brother-in-law’s amazing performance in today’s game. You’re not even listening to me. Why do you keep on staring at your mobile phone?”

Dasom asks. Jongwoon sighs heavily.

“I’m waiting for your sister-in-law’s call. I can’t contact her. Her mobile phone is always off”

Jongwoon told his sister, feeling irritated because he can’t understand why his wife’s mobile phone is always out of coverage area whenever he is trying to contact her.

“Why not call her manager?”

Dasom asks. Jongwoon shook his head.

“What for? So her manager will know that Wookie and I are having a marital problem?”

Jongwoon asks.

“Stop being busy, so you can spend some time with unnie”

Dasom told her brother.

“Why don’t you tell it to her? I can always give her time, but the problem is, she doesn’t want to give me time. Aish! That girl is really…”

“Oppa…”

Dasom moves closer to her brother. She wraps her hands on his arm and looks at him worriedly.

“Please don’t divorce unnie. You need to promise that no matter what happen, you and unnie will not get divorce. I don’t want that to happen and I don’t want you to marry other woman. I love unnie as my sister-in-law, so don’t exchange her to other girls and don’t divorce her ok”

Dasom told Jongwoon, worrying about him and Ryeowook’s marriage life. She doesn’t want them to get divorce because she loves Ryeowook as her sister-in-law and she knows how much her brother loves Ryeowook.

“Pabo!”

Jongwoon gently pinches his sister’s nose.

“What are you talking about? Why will I exchange her to other woman and who told you that we’re getting a divorce?”

Jongwoon asks. Dasom shook her head.

“I’m just saying”

“Babe, please stop thinking weird things. Honestly, you’re like mom and dad…so paranoid”

Jongwoon told his sister.

“Your baby is here with my hardheaded brother-in-law”

Jongwoon told his sister who happily stands up. Taecyeon smiles at her and gives her a sweet kiss on her cheek. He looks at Jongwoon and happily gives him a high five.

“Nice game. You and Minho-ah did a great job. I enjoy watching the game”

Jongwoon happily told Taecyeon who is smiling brightly.

“Thanks for watching hyung”

Taecyeon told Jongwoon who looks at Minho who is looking for someone.

“Are you not going to greet me huh?”

Jongwoon told his brother-in-law, snapping his fingers in front of him to catch his attention. Minho looks at Jongwoon and flashes a weak smile.

“Hi hyung. It’s good to see you”

Minho told Jongwoon.

“Looking for someone?”

Jongwoon asks. Dasom suddenly smiles.

“She’s sick and that’s why she can’t go here to watch your game”

Dasom told Minho who suddenly blushes, wondering why Dasom knows who is “that someone” he’s looking for. Jongwoon stares at his sister and brother-in-law blankly.

“It’s a secret oppa”

Dasom told Jongwoon.

“My baby and I should go now. Since it’s still early, we can still spend some time with each other”

Dasom told her brother while staring at her watch.

“Go home before dinner”

Jongwoon told his sister, reminding her that they should be home before dinner for their family bonding. Dasom nods her head.

“You take good care of my sister”

Jongwoon told his sister’s boyfriend. Taeceyeon nods at him.

“Don’t worry hyung. I’ll drop your babe safely at the Kim mansion. I’ll make sure that she will be home before dinner. That’s a promise”

Taecyeon told Jongwoon who just nods his head.

“Bye oppa. I love you. See you at home”

Dasom told her brother. She gives him a hug and kisses his cheek before leaving happily with Taecyeon.

“I also need to go hyung. I—“

Jongwoon quickly wraps his arm around Minho’s neck, preventing him from leaving.

“You’re not going anywhere because you’re going to have a date with me”

Jongwoon told Minho who gulps nervously.

“Please don’t grill me hyung. I try my best, but I just can’t understand the business report that Kyu hyung wants me to do”

Minho told Jongwoon. He is afraid that Jongwoon will grill him alive just like what Kyuhyun did because he both give them a business report that he copied from the internet.

“Good thing you know that I’m going to grill you alive. Seriously Choi Minho…”

“Hyung, I really don’t want to be a CEO like you and hyung. Appa is just forcing me. You know that I love soccer, so just please help me with that business report. I really don’t know how to do it”

“Because you love chasing girls. You spend more time in chasing girls rather than studying business. Try to give me and Kyu a business report that you just copied from the internet and you will see what will happen to you. I’m telling you Minho, study hard and stop chasing girls or you will be out from you soccer team soon. You just need to choose”

Jongwoon told his brother-in-law, giving him a serious look.

“Let’s have a coffee together before I go home and have dinner with my family. I’ll teach you what to do. You need to finish it before Kyu arrives from his honeymoon because we’re going to have a meeting with him when he arrives here in South Korea. Aish! You’re giving me a headache. You’re such a hardheaded kid just like your sister”

Jongwoon told Minho.

“Is noona not yet back?”

Minho asks. Jongwoon just nods at him.

“Where is she? Umma and appa also don’t know where noona is”

“I don’t know ok, so stop asking”

Jongwoon told Minho irritatingly.

“But you and noona are not yet divorce, right?”

Minho asks worriedly and curiously. Jongwoon sighs heavily.

“Yah! Why does everyone keep on asking me the same ques—“

“JONGWOONIE!!!”

Jongwoon stops talking when someone shouts.

“Yoona?”

Jongwoon stares at the beautiful lady happily running towards him while dragging someone with her. Minho’s eyes widened when Yoona hugs Jongwoon happily.

“Oh my gosh! I finally saw you again after a long time. You look so gorgeous. How are you?”

Yoona ask. Jongwoon just stares at her.

“Ah…”

Yoona flashes a smile.

“Did Dasom told you that we met at—“

“She told me”

Jongwoon told Yoona, interrupting her from talking.

“What are you doing here?”

Jongwoon asks. Minho can feel an anger aura because of the way Jongwoon looks at Yoona.

“I watch the game. His coach is my cousin”

Yoona answers while pointing her finger to Minho who is still staring at her curiously.

“Lee Donghae is my cousin. I’m with his fiancée”

Yoona told Jongwoon.

“She’s Lee Hyuk Jae”

Yoona introduces Hyuk Jae to Jongwoon.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Kim Jongwoon”

Jongwoon told Hyuk Jae, introducing his self to her. Minho smiles at Hyuk Jae and happily waves his hand on her.

“Husband of the famous actress Kim Ryeowook, right?”

Hyuk Jae asks. Yoona looks at Jongwoon, suddenly feeling jealous upon remembering that her ex-fiancé is already married. Jongwoon nods happily.

“By the way Jongwoonie, I invited Dasom to have dinner with me. I told her to tell it to you, to umma and appa. Let’s have dinner together. Is that ok with you?”

Yoona asks Jongwoon, smiling at him.

“I don’t know. I’m busy. Maybe umma, appa and Dasom can have dinner with you”

Jongwoon told Yoona in a cold manner. Yoona just nods her head, feeling sad because she can feel her ex-fiance’s coldness to her.

“I’ll see you around. It’s good to see you again”

Yoona told Jongwoon. She waves her hand before leaving with Hyuk Jae.

“That was so cold. I think you’re being mean with her”

Minho told his brother-in-law.

“I didn’t know that you’re friends with that famous designer”

“She’s my ex-fiancée”

Minho’s eyes grow big upon hearing Jongwoon.

“Yah! You’re cheating with noona!”

Minho told Jongwoon who quickly flicks his forehead.

“Pabo! I’m not cheating with my wife. I’m just telling you that Im Yoona is my ex-fiancée. That’s all”

“What happen? Why did you break-up with her?”

Minho asks, feeling curious about Jongwoon’s love story with Yoona. Jongwoon looks at Minho, giving him a serious glare.

“Mind your business report first before meddling on other people’s life. Get it?”

Jongwoon asks. Minho nods his head, feeling nervous because of his brother-in-law’s serious glare. Jongwoon frowns and walks away, leaving Minho alone.

“I wonder what happen to them. It seems that hyung hates her so much. I wonder if noona knows about Jongwoonie hyung’s ex-fiancée”

Minho told his self. He just sighs and follows Jongwoon at the parking lot.

~~~

“We’re here. You can open your eyes now”

Kyuhyun happily told his wife, letting go of her cold hands. Sungmin slowly opens her eyes.

“Wow”

Sungmin whispers softly while happily staring at the tiki torches around the beach, the lovely petals of pink peonies and the fairylights that shines like little stars on the beautiful white sand of the beach.

“It’s my surprise for you”

Kyuhyun told his wife before giving her a sweet back hug.

“Like it?”

Kyuhyun asks happily. He rests his chin on his wife’s shoulder. Sungmin smiles and looks at her husband who is smiling sweetly at her.

“I love it. Thanks Kyu”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun before giving him a sweet peck on his lips.

“Come. Let’s have our dinner now”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin just stares at him blankly. Kyuhyun smiles at her, holds her hand and happily drags her with him. They sit on the beautiful white sand. Sungmin stares at the Japanese food in front of her.

“Since you love Japanese food then we’re going to eat Japanese food for our dinner”

Kyuhyun told his wife, giggling happily while staring at his wife’s cute expression while staring at the Japanese foods that the chef prepared for their dinner picnic.

“We’re going to have a dinner picnic together. So, what do you think? I plan everything for you”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who looks at him.

“Perfect?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“Just the two of us?”

Sungmin asks curiously. Kyuhyun nods as an answer.

“How about Krystal?”

Sungmin asks, worrying about her step-daughter.

“Don’t worry about her. She’s old enough and she’s having her own world. She went at a massage boutique to relax and have a spa and massage. Let her have her own world while we have our own world together. Sounds lovely, isn’t?”

Kyuhyun asks. He softly kisses Sungmin’s hand, making her smile.

“Let’s have our dinner now. I’m already hungry”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who nods at her. Kyuhyun gets chopsticks and starts feeding his wife.

“Kyu, I can eat alone”

Sungmin told her husband. She was about to get her own chopsticks, but Kyuhyun quickly steals it away.

“Let me feed you ok”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin smiles and just nods at him. Kyuhyun starts feeding his wife happily.

“So, what did you do all day? Did you miss me?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head, making her husband frowns at her.

“Hey, what is that for? Seriously, you didn’t miss me?”

Kyuhyun asks. He pouts at his wife, trying to act cute. Sungmin laughs softly and gently pinches Kyuhyun’s cheek.

“Why will I miss you?”

Sungmin asks, teasing her husband happily.

“That’s because we’re not together the whole day”

Kyuhyun told his wife.

“I actually fall asleep. I just woke up when you arrive because you wake me. That’s the reason why I didn’t miss you at all because I’m sleeping”

Sungmin told her husband.

“That was so unfair Cho Sungmin”

Kyuhyun pouts.

“I was thinking about you the whole day, but you…you just slept. Such a lazy girl”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, teasing her.

“I’m sorry Kyu. I’m just feeling tired because of our flight and you know that I’m having a hard time sleeping at night whenever we’re going to travel”

Sungmin explains.

“Just kidding”

Kyuhyun told his wife, gently patting her cheek.

“But don’t worry baby, I’ll just make it up to you later”

Sungmin told her husband, making him smile brightly.

“Promise?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods as an answer.

“Promise. I’ll be yours later”

Sungmin told her husband before kissing his soft lips. Kyuhyun smiles and slowly opens his mouth to kiss her back. They share a sweet and passionate kiss before breaking it to catch some air.

“So, how’s your date with Krystal?”

Sungmin asks, smiling at her husband. Kyuhyun smiles at her.

“It’s fun. I miss our bonding time together when she’s a kid. Time travel so fast. My little princess is now a grownup lady, but she’s still immature in some things in life and still a brat”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“Thank you”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who stares at him curiously, wondering why he is thanking her.

“For what? I didn’t remember doing something for you to thank me”

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun smiles at her. He holds her hand and softly kisses it.

“Thank you for coming into my life and for being my wife. Thank you for always understanding my brat daughter and for giving me a chance to be with her…you know, spend some time with her”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who smiles at him.

“Krystal is also my daughter. I love her as my own even though she didn’t came from me and I understand that you miss her a lot since she’s living with her mom”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun.

“I just wish that she will also learn to accept me in her life”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun sadly.

“I’m sure she will. Just give her time to adjust ok?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods happily.

“By the way…”

Kyuhyun gets a bottle of wine and happily opens it. He pours some wine on the two wine glasses. He gives one to his wife.

“Let’s have wine tonight”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before drinking his wine.

“Baby, you know that I don’t drink”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, shaking her head.

“I know, but give it a try. Don’t worry because the alcohol content is not that high. You’re not going to get tipsy”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin just stares at him.

“Come on baby. Just drink it. You’ll love it”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who gulps nervously before drinking her wine.

“So?”

Kyuhyun asks while staring at his wife’s cute expression. Sungmin shook her head, indicating that she doesn’t like the taste, but Kyuhyun pours more wine on her glass.

“Kyu”

“I’m sorry baby, but you need to drink with me. Trust me. You’re not going to get tipsy”

Kyuhyun happily told his wife before finishing his wine. He pours another glass and drinks it happily. Sungmin just stares at him.

“What?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head and smiles sweetly.

“I love you”

Sungmin told her husband.

“I love you too”

Kyuhyun whispers on Sungmin’s lips before kissing her sweetly, enjoying the lovely and calm atmosphere with the woman he loves.

~~~

Kyuhyun went inside the master’s bedroom, carrying his sleeping wife on his back. He carefully lays Sungmin on the soft bed before sitting beside her.

“Seriously…”

Kyuhyun whispers while staring at his sleeping wife.

“Why did you end up getting tipsy? You just drink five glasses of wine and you’re already tipsy?”

Kyuhyun asks his sleeping wife.

“I guess having a drink with you is not a good idea”

Kyuhyun sighs softly. He stares at Sungmin who is sleeping peacefully.

“And you promise that you’ll be mine tonight, but you end up being tipsy and sleeping”

Kyuhyun whispers. He starts his wife’s hair.

“But it’s ok”

Kyuhyun smiles.

“You’re really beautiful. You’re right when you told me before that you’re still beautiful even without make-up”

Kyuhyun leans closer to Sungmin and softly kisses her lips.

“Kyu…”

Sungmin whispers. Kyuhyun stares at her.

“Baby, are you awake? Did I wake you?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“Kyu…”

Sungmin whispers.

“Yes baby?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“Please hug me”

Sungmin told her husband without opening her eyes. Kyuhyun lay down beside her and gives her a sweet hug.

“I’m sorry”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun before resting her head on his chest.

“For being tipsy?”

Kyuhyun asks while staring at his wife. Sungmin slowly nods her head.

“I’m sorry…but…I promise…tomorrow…I’ll be yours…tomorrow”

Sungmin whispers.

“I love you”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun before falling asleep.

“It’s ok. Go to sleep now my love. I love you too”

Kyuhyun told his wife. He smiles at her and softly kisses her lips. He watches her sleeping before slowly closing his eyes to join his wife in dreamland.