Chapter 3

MARRIED TO MY BOSS

It was four in the morning when Sungmin arrives at Cho Media Group. She needs to go to work early because she still needs to finish a lot of paperworks—those are the works that she left because she and Kyuhyun need to leave for their honeymoon that became a family vacation because Krystal is with them. Sungmin was walking at the lobby of her husband’s company, holding a lot of folders and papers when she saw a familiar man walking towards the elevator.

“SUNGGYU OPPA!!!”

Sungmin shouts happily. Sunggyu stops walking and looks around. He smiles at Sungmin who is happily running towards him.

“Why are you here?”

Sunggyu asks Sungmin who is panting softly. Sungmin takes a deep breath to catch some air. She smiles sweetly at her friend, making his heart jumps.

“I’m here to work. Why? Am I not allowed to work anymore because Kyu is already my husband?”

Sungmin asks, pouting at Sunggyu.

“That’s not what I mean”

Sunggyu gently pinches Sungmin’s cheek, making her smile.

“You just arrived yesterday night from your honeymoon. You supposed to take a rest first, so why are you already working? Don’t tell me that Kyu is—“

“I need to finish a lot of things. I need to finish all the paperworks that I left behind because of having a family vacation with Kyu and our beautiful daughter. Kyu will grill me alive because he needs some of those documents later in your meeting”

Sungmin explains, interrupting Sunggyu from talking. Sunggyu just nods his head. He presses the open button of the elevator. He and Sungmin went inside when the elevator door opens.

“Let me help you”

Sunggyu carries the folders and papers that Sungmin was holding, so she wouldn’t have a hard time.

“Thanks”

Sungmin smiles at Sunggyu.

“These are so many. Kyu will really grill you alive. But it’s his fault because he didn’t let you finish these paperworks first before you guys went on a family vacation in which I thought was a honeymoon because you and Kyu are a newlywed couple. Like seriously…why on earth a family vacation?”

Sunggyu asks. He can’t understand why Kyuhyun needs to drag his daughter in his and Sungmin’s supposed to be honeymoon. Sungmin just smiles at him and presses the fifth floor button. She was about to press the tenth floor button for Sunggyu, but he holds her hand to stop her.

“Why?”

Sungmin asks. Sunggyu smiles at her.

“I’ll drop you first at Kyu’s office before I go to my office”

“Ok. Thank you”

Sungmin told Sunggyu, smiling at him.

“Why are you so early?”

Sungmin asks Sunggyu curiously.

“Same reason as yours, I need to finish two reports for my meeting with Kyu and Hara later at ten in the morning. You see. I become so lazy lately because of watching too much k-drama”

Sunggyu told Sungmin before laughing softly.

“And of course I also need to check some files in my computer”

Sunggyu told Sungmin. He notices her frowning a little.

“What? I’m not doing anything. Is watching k-drama forbidden and that’s why you’re frowning at me like that?”

Sunggyu asks, wondering why Sungmin is frowning at him.

“Why does Ms. Goo needs to be there in your meeting later with my husband?”

Sungmin asks. She is jealous of Goo Hara, Kyuhyun’s business partner and the Vice-President of Cho Media Group.

“Jealous?”

Sunggyu asks, teasing Sungmin who just frowns even more. The elevator arrives at the fifth floor. Sungmin went out, Sunggyu follows her. They walk at the hallway in silence until they finally reach Kyuhyun’s office.

“I’m just kidding ok”

Sunggyu told Sungmin.

“So what if I’m jealous? I have the right to get jealous, right? I mean, Kyu is my husband”

Sungmin told Sunggyu. She puts her things on top of her desk.

“Why are you jealous of her?”

Sunggyu asks before putting the folders and papers on top of Sungmin’s desk.

“I think she likes Kyu. I can feel it and she always look seductive. It seems that she’s trying to seduce my husband every time that they will see each other and Kyu seems to like it”

Sungmin answers. Sunggyu gently flicks Sungmin’s forehead.

“Don’t be jealous of her. She and Kyu are just really close to each other because they are friends and they are classmates in college. Kyu loves you and you’re his wife, so no need to be jealous of Hara or to any other girls who are close to Kyu. Mind you he has a lot of girl friends…friends who are girls”

Sunggyu told Sungmin who keeps on frowning at him.

“Why are you still frowning huh?”

Sunggyu asks.

“I didn’t know that my husband has a lot of girl friends. Kyu never told me about them. Well, I haven’t met all his friends yet. I think some of them are not present in our wedding”

Sungmin told Sunggyu, feeling sad because it seems that she doesn’t know Kyuhyun that much.

“You don’t need to know and meet all of them, so don’t worry about it”

Sunggyu told Sungmin.

“Want to have breakfast with me since it’s still early?”

Sunggyu asks, trying to make Sungmin smile. Sungmin stares at him while thinking.

“Come on Minnie. You can’t do your work properly if you will not eat breakfast. Just for thirty minutes. It’s my treat”

Sunggyu told Sungmin, smiling at her.

“Fine. But we need to hurry because I still have a lot of things to do and I need to prepare Conference Room 2 for your meeting later”

Sungmin told Sunggyu, flashing a sweet smile.

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you prepare Conference Room 2 after we eat our breakfast. So, let’s go?”

Sunggyu asks. Sungmin nods her head. She gets her handbag and leaves the office with Sunggyu to have breakfast with him.

~~~

*CHO MANSION*

 

Kyuhyun is having a peaceful breakfast with his daughter. Krystal is in good mood because of two reasons; first, she is happy because she didn’t see Sungmin at home and second, she is excited to see her mother who will arrive in Seoul on that day. She feels happy because Seulgi and Kyuhyun can finally see each other again and she is still hoping that her parents will realize that they still love each other when they finally see each other again after long years.

“You look happy today my darling. Why?”

Kyuhyun asks his daughter curiously. Krystal smiles brightly.

“Dad, I’m going to tell you something”

Krystal told Kyuhyun, feeling excited to tell her father about her mother arriving in Seoul on that day. Kyuhyun nods his head.

“Go ahead”

Kyuhyun told his daughter.

“I want you to guess it first”

Krystal told Kyuhyun.

“Come on darling. I’m not good in guessing game, so just tell me about it”

“Fine”

Krystal smiles before talking.

“Mom is arriving here in Seoul today”

Krystal happily told her father. Kyuhyun just nods his head and continues eating his breakfast. Krystal suddenly frowns because it seems that Kyuhyun doesn’t even care about Seulgi’s arrival in Seoul on that day.

“Dad…”

Kyuhyun looks at his daughter who is frowning at him.

“Aren’t you happy to hear that mom will be here in Seoul?”

Krystal asks.

“What do you want me to do?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“Let’s fetch her. She’ll be at the airport at eleven in the morning and then let’s have lunch with her…family lunch. That will be great”

Krystal told her father, smiling again. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“I have a meeting darling”

“But dad…its mom”

“Your mom is no longer my wife ok. I don’t care about her whereabouts. If you want to fetch her later at the airport and have lunch with her, you’re free to do so. I’ll tell driver ahjusshi to drive for you”

Kyuhyun told his daughter, making her frown.

“You just want to go to work because your is there”

Krystal told Kyuhyun who slams his hand angrily on the table upon hearing her calling Sungmin a .

“Stop calling your mommy like that. She’s not a ”

Kyuhyun told his daughter, frowning at her.

“Mommy? Will you please stop telling me that she’s my mommy? Kang Seulgi is my mother and not your homewrecker secretary!”

Krystal told Kyuhyun before standing up.

“Where are you going young lady? Stop disrespecting me like this!”

Kyuhyun told his daughter angrily.

“I hate you and your !”

Krystal told Kyuhyun before leaving the dining room.

“Why is that girl like that?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“Seulgi, what am I supposed to do with our daughter? Why is she like that?”

Kyuhyun asks. He calms his self because he doesn’t want to ruin his morning.

“Just understand her. Someday, she will learn to accept that her mom and I are no longer together and we don’t love each other anymore”

Kyuhyun told his self. He sighs softly and continues his breakfast quietly.

~~~

*KIM MANSION, SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (Jongwoon and Ryeowook’s house)*

 

Jongwoon goes downstairs. He looks gorgeous in his black corporate attire.

“Good morning sir”

The head maid greets Jongwoon happily. Jongwoon smiles at her and was about to leave the mansion when he notices his wife’s suitcases at the living room.

“Ahjumma, where is my wife?”

Jongwoon asks the head maid, feeling eager to see his wife. He misses Ryeowook that much because she’s been away from him for a long time. He wants to see her and embrace her sweetly in his arms, but of course he also wants to talk to her about the birth control pills. He needs to hear Ryeowook’s explanation and they have a lot of things to talk about their married life.

“Ma’am Wookie arrived here at five in the morning. You’re still sleeping sir and that’s why she didn’t wake you up. She just let you sleep and take a rest because I told her that you’ve been busy lately. She left after checking on you. She told me that she has a meeting today for her upcoming movie”

The head maid informs Jongwoon who sighs softly, feeling frustrated because Ryeowook always prioritize her work more than him.

“Did she tell you what time she will go home?”

Jongwoon asks. The head maid shook her head as an answer. Jongwoon gets his mobile phone inside the pocket of his trousers and calls his wife, but Ryeowok is not answering his call. Jongwoon hangs up and sighs softly.

“I’ll go to work now. Please give me a call if she’s already back home”

Jongwoon told the head maid.

“Sir, are you not going to eat breakfast first before you go to work?”

The head maid asks, worrying about Jongwoon.

“Before ma’am left, she told me to tell the chef to cook your favorite breakfast. She told me not to let you go to work without eating breakfast”

The head maid informs Jongwoon, hoping that he will eat his breakfast if he finds out that the instruction came from his wife.

“I don’t have an appetite. I’ll just buy a coffee. Don’t forget to call me if my wife is already home. Thank you ahjumma”

Jongwoon told the head maid before leaving the mansion.

“Is everything fine between them? Those two are not like that before. Why do they need to be busy always?”

The head maid asks, worrying about the couple.

~~~

Kyuhyun went inside his office. He smiles upon seeing his wife inside. Sungmin is busy arranging some of his things on top of his desk while humming a song softly. Kyuhyun quietly closes the door, so Sungmin wouldn’t know that he already arrived in his company. He quietly and carefully walks towards his wife and hugs her from behind, scaring her.

“Aigoo!”

The papers that Sungmin was holding fall down on the floor because she was shocked when someone hugs her from behind. She can feel her heart beating fast.

“Good morning beautiful”

Kyuhyun softly whispers on his wife’s ear. Sungmin frowns.

“Kyu, please don’t do that again. You’re going to give me a heart attack”

Sungmin told her husband.

“Sorry about that baby. I didn’t mean to scare you. I just want to surprise you”

Kyuhyun told his wife, apologizing to her. Sungmin leans her back on her husband’s body.

“Why do you always want to leave me? How many times do I need to tell you that we should go to work together? Why are you being a hardheaded girl again?”

Kyuhyun asks his wife before burying his handsome face on Sungmin’s neck, smelling her fragrance.

“You want to go to work early, so you can have breakfast with Sunggyu?”

Kyuhyun asks, feeling jealous. He is jealous of Sunggyu and Sungmin’s closeness. Sungmin turns around to face her husband. She looks at him, wondering how he finds out that she and Sunggyu have breakfast together.

“Don’t tell me that the rumor about you and my best friend is true?”

Kyuhyun asks with a hint of jealousy in his voice. Sungmin frowns at him.

“And you believe that it’s true? Kyu, you know very well that Sunggyu oppa and I are friends and we’re really close to each other. You know that he is my one and only friend here”

Sungmin told her husband.

“I’m the one who supposed to get jealous because you’re going to have a metting with your Vice-President”

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun smirks.

“Hara is my friend. That’s all. How many times do I need to tell you that?”

Kyuhyun asks, controlling his temper.

“Friends? She’s trying to seduce you and it seems that you like it! Just admit that you’re happy everytime that she’s around and clinging with you!”

Sungmin told her husband, frowning at him.

“Yah! Don’t start it Cho Sungmin! I’m already having a bad morning, so don’t add up!!”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, frowning at her.

“You’re the one who start it first. You’re doubting my love for you and you’re thinking that I’m cheating on you. Let me tell you Mr. Cho. I go to work early because I need to finsh a lot of paperworks for you. It just happens that Sunggyu oppa is here early in the morning and he asks me to have breakfast with him”

Sungmin explains.

“And you agree with it?”

“What do you want me to do? Starve myself?”

“That’s because you really want to be with him!”

Kyuhyun told his wife, feeling angry.

“Maybe that’s the reason why you don’t want to make love with me…because you have Sunggyu”

“What?”

Sungmin’s asks. Her tears start forming in her eyes.

“How can you say that to me? Am I the one who brings Krystal in our supposed to be honeymoon?”

Sungmin asks, feeling frustrated.

“You didn’t even spend time with me. You always left me because of her”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun sadly. She and Kyuhyun didn’t even have romantic time together during the family vacation because Krystal keeps on disturbing them. Krystal always throws tantrums, so Kyuhyun will always spend his time with her and not with Sungmin.

“So, you hate my daughter huh?”

Kyuhyun asks, staring at Sungmin seriously. Sungmin shook her head.

“No. I’m just…”

Sungmin stops talking because she was lost for words. She doesn’t know how she will explain her side because Kyuhyun might misunderstand her more. She doesn’t hate Krystal. She loves Krystal as her own daughter even though Krystal hates her so much, always cold to her and always calling her and homewrecker.

“Just what? I’m so disappointed. I thought that you really love Krystal as your own daughter, but I was wrong. You’re just pretending. Shame on you!!!”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, feeling disappointed and angry at the same time.

“Kyu, please…it’s not like what you’re thinking. I’m just—“

“SHUT UP!!!”

Kyuhyun raises his voice, stopping his wife from talking.

“Why don’t you work now my dear secretary? Don’t forget that I’m paying you, so do your work properly!”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, hurting her emotions. Sungmin nods her head, controlling her tears from falling. She bows at Kyuhyun and picks the papers on the floor before leaving his office quietly. She sits on her chair and starts working. Kyuhyun went out from his office, holding five folders while talking to his mother on his mobile phone.

“Umma, I really can’t go with Krystal to fetch Seulgi later at the airport. I have a lunch meeting with Jongwoonie and Minho”

Kyuhyun told his mother. Sungmin looks at her husband. She doesn’t know that Kyuhyun’s ex-wife will be arriving in Seoul on that day.

“Then cancel it. Jongwoon and Minho will understand. Do it for you daughter. Don’t be too busy with your work. Krystal needs your time and it’s Seulgi”

Sunhwa told her son. She wants Kyuhyun to fetch Seulgi at the airport because they want them to become close to each other again. She wants her son to realize that he still loves Seulgi and she wants the ex-couple to be together again. Sunhwa likes Seulgi as her daughter-in-law and not Sungmin.

“I can’t cancel my meeting. It’s important”

Kyuhyun told his mother.

“How about Seulgi?”

Sunhwa asks.

“What do you want me to do with her?”

Kyuhyun asks, feeling a bit irritated because he’s not in good mood.

“She’s your wife”

“Ex-wife. I’ll just see Seulgi when I have time, but not today. I’ll just ask her out when I’m no longer busy. I have a lot of things to do. Just accompany Krystal at the airport. I already told driver ahjusshi to drive for her. I need to go umma. I have a meeting. I’m already late”

Kyuhyun told his mother before hanging up. He looks at Sungmin who quickly takes her eyes away from him. Sungmin focuses her eyes on the screen of her computer. Kyuhyun moves towards her and puts down the folders that he was holding on top of her desk.

“Stop flirting around with Sunggyu, so you can work properly”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who stares at him blankly.

“Check the documents inside the folders. There are a lot of mistakes. Please do your work properly if you don’t want me to fire you Ms. Lee”

Kyuhyun told his wife, frowning at her.

“Please check my schedules next week. I need to go out with Seulgi next week”

Kyuhyun told his wife, making her jealous. Sungmin nods sadly.

“Anything else sir?”

Sungmin asks in a soft voice, feeling hurt because Kyuhyun is treating her as his secretary again and not his wife.

“I need those documents later for my lunch meeting with my brother-in-law and my hardheaded brother”

“Yes sir”

Sungmin focuses her attention back on her work. Kyuhyun stares at her before leaving the room for his meeting with Sunggyu and Hara at Conference Room 2.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Hara and Sunggyu are sitting quietly inside the Conference Room 2. They are waiting for Kyuhyun to arrive for them to be able to start their meeting.

“Where is Kyu?”

Hara asks Sunggyu whose attention is focused on the screen of his laptop, reviewing his presentation for the meeting with Kyuhyun.

“He’s supposed to be here by now”

Hara told Sunggyu who just shook his head.

“Don’t tell me that he cancels our meeting and didn’t infrom us?”

Hara asks.

“Kyu will never do that because this meeting is important. Minnie will surely inform us if ever her husband cancels the meeting”

Sunggyu told Hara without looking at her.

“Speaking of Kyu’s secretary…”

Hara stares at Sunggyu who is busy on his laptop.

“What about her?”

Sunggyu asks. Hara flashes a smile and moves her chair closer to Sunggyu.

“What’s the progress between the two of you?”

Hara asks. Sunggyu stops what he’s doing. He looks at his friend who is smiling brightly at him.

“What progress are you talking about?”

Sunggyu asks.

“Pretending not to know? I heard some employees talking about you and her having a date early in the morning”

Hara told Sunggyu.

“Date?”

Sunggyu asks. Hara nods happily.

“You guys have breakfast together”

Hara answers.

“You call that as a date? Having breakfast together is a date? What the hell is that? Minnie and I are friends, so there’s nothing wrong if we eat breakfast together. I don’t understand why you keep on pushing me to her. She’s already married to Kyu and will you please stop believing those ing rumors about us?”

Sunggyu told Hara, frowning at her.

“You know what? It’s all your fault”

Hara told Sunggyu, frowning at him. Sunggyu just gives her a questioning look.

“If you didn’t help Kyu in courting that girl then she’s already yours and Kyu is mine. On the first place, if you didn’t introduce Kang Seulgi to our Kyuhyun-ah then I’m Kyu’s wife and not her or Lee Sungmin”

Hara told Sunggyu, making him laugh.

“What’s funny?”

Hara asks, still frowning at her friend.

“You”

“Me? I’m serious Kim Sunggyu! Stop laughing at me!”

Hara told Sunggyu, hitting his arm.

“You’re making me laugh Hara”

Sunggyu gently flicks Hara’s forehead.

“Even though I didn’t introduce Seulgi to Kyu and didn’t help Kyu in courting Minnie, Kyu will still be not yours because he doesn’t love you and he only sees you as his friend, that’s all. Get what I mean?”

Sunggyu asks, making Hara frowns even more.

“Yah! Why are you so harsh?”

Hara asks. Sunggyu smiles at her.

“I’m just telling you the truth Hara. No matter what happen you and Kyu will never become a couple bec—“

Sunggyu stops talking when someone enters the Conference Room 2.

“You’re ten minutes late Mr. Cho”

Hara told Kyuhyun, frowning at him.

“Sorry about that. I need to talk to umma over the phone and tell her to accompany Krystal later at the airport”

Kyuhyun told his friends before sitting on the empty chair beside Hara.

“Is Krystal going somewhere?”

Sunggyu asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Seulgi will arrive today. I can’t go with her to fetch her mother at the airport because I have a lunch meeting with Jongwoonie and Minho later, so I ask umma to accompany Krystal at the airport”

Kyuhyun told them. Hara frowns upon hearing that Kyuhyun’s ex-wife will be arriving in Seoul on that day; it only means that she and Kyuhyun will see each other again and she feels jealous because she likes Kyuhyun.

“So, you and Seulgi will finally meet again after long years”

Sunggyu told Kyuhyun who nods his head.

“Of course I need to see her because we need to talk about our daughter’s stay here in South Korea for her studies”

Kyuhyun told his best friend.

“Does Minnie know about it?”

Sunggyu asks with concern in his voice. Kyuhyun just frowns at his best friend as an answer. Hara claps her hands to catch their attentions because she is afraid that Kyuhyun will throw a fight with Sunggyu since Sunggyu is showing that he is concern for Sungmin.

“Can we just start our meeting now? Like seriously, we’re here for a meeting and not for family matters. I still need to go to Incheon after this”

Hara told them. Kyuhyun nods and take his serious gaze away from Sunggyu.

“Please start your presentation now Mr. Kim. Ms. Goo is right. We need to start our meeting now. I still need to go at Café Bielefeld after thsis for my meeting with Mr. Kim and Mr. Choi”

Kyuhyun told his best friend. Sunggyu nods. He takes a deep breath and starts his presentation, so they can already proceed with their meeting.

~~~

Krystal was sitting inside the limousine with her grandmother.

“Stop frowning darling. You’ll be ugly if you will not stop frowning. Your mom will worry about you if she sees you like that”

Sunhwa told her beautiful granddaughter.

“I really hate dad. I don’t understand why he always chooses his work over me and mom. He can’t leave his work because his homewrecker secretary is there. I really can’t believe that dad will fall in love with that kind of girl. He exchanges mom to his secretary. That was so cheap”

Krystal told her grandmother, frowning so hard. She really hates Sungmin because she believes that Sungmin is the real reason why her parents got divorce—that’s what Sunhwa told her.

“I don’t understand what happen to your dad. He’s such a smart person, but he became a fool because of loving his secretary…very disappointing”

Sunhwa told her granddaughter.

“You supposed to stop dad in marrying that homewrecker ”

Krystal told her grandmother. Sunhwa sighs.

“I keep on telling your dad that I hate that , but he keeps on defending her to us. He told me that he loves her eventhough I am against their relationship. I told him that I will not attend his wedding to that , but he told me that he doesn’t care. He still marry that even though it’s against my will”

Sunhwa told her granddaughter, feeling angry just by thinking about Sungmin.

“What did dad saw on her that made him fall in love with her?”

Krystal asks. Sunhwa shook her head.

“I don’t know”

“Mom is better than her”

“Of course your mom is better than her”

Sunhwa sighs heavily.

“Your dad’s new wife is a . She came from a poor family and she doesn’t even have a high educational background. She’s a social climber and homewrecker. She just seduces your dad because she knows that he is rich and if she becomes your dad’s wife, she will instantly become rich and will live in luxury. Kyu is just a fool to fall on her trap”

Sunhwa told Krystal.

“She’s your dad’s mistress. Your dad and mom’s divorce is still in the process at that time and that homewrecker take advantage on it. Kyu push through the divorce because of that girl”

Sunhwa told Krystal. Everything is a lie. Sunhwa only tells Krystal her point of view. Sunhwa really doesn’t know the real story and she’s just telling those things to Krystal because she hates Sungmin and she wants her granddaughter to hate Sungmin that much—she’s thinking if Krystal will hate Sungmin that much, she will tell Kyuhyun to divorce her and she knows that Krystal will do everything that she can in order to separate Sungmin and Kyuhyun and convince Kyuhyun to go back to Seulgi to make their family complete again.

“Grandma, I can never accept that girl in the family”

“So do I”

“I want mom and dad to be together again. You need to help me to bring them back together. I want our family to be complete again. I hate that homewrecker . We must separate her and dad. You need to do something about it”

Krystal told her grandmother. Sunhwa nods her head. She holds her granddaughter’s hands.

“Don’t worry about it darling. Leave it to me. I’ll be the one who will talk to your father. Just do whatever you need to do to bring back your mom and dad together again. Do everything that you can do so your dad will hate that homwrecker ”

Sunhwa told her granddaughter. Krystal nods her head.

“I will not let that girl to take my dad away from my mom because mom is the rightful woman for dad”

Krystal told her grandmother. Sunhwa nods her head.

“Don’t think too much. Someday, your dad will realize that he still love your mom. He will surely leave his mistress soon. I’m going to make him leave that homewrecker . So, you need to smile now. Don’t make yourself ugly because of your dad’s mistress. You should not let her defeat you”

Sunhwa told her granddaughter. Krystal flashes a smile.

“Thank you grandma”

Krystal told Sunhwa, hugging her sweetly.

“We’re going to win over her, so don’t worry my beautiful darling. Your mom and dad will be together again soon. That’s a promise”

Sunhwa happily told her granddaughter, embracing her sweetly.

“Thanks grandma. I love you”

“I love you too darling. I have a very wonderful idea”

Sunhwa told Krystal who looks at her.

“What is it grandma?”

Krystal asks, feeling excited. Sunhwa smiles at her.

“You’ll know it later. But of course you need to help me so my wonderful idea will be perfect”

Sunhwa told Krystal happily.

“Of course I will”

Krystal told Sunhwa, feeling happy because she knows that her grandmother’s “wonderful idea” is all about bringing Kyuhyun and Seulgi back to each other again.

~~~

Minho softly knocks on the door before going inside the room. He smiles brightly upon seeing his sister-in-law sitting on her chair while typing on the computer.

“I LOVE YOU NOONA!”

Minho shouts like a kid to catch Sungmin’s attention.  He happily walks towards Sungmin’s desk and sits on top of it.

“Tada! It’s your favorite cake”

Minho told Sungmin, showing her the cake that he bought for her.

“What are you doing here?”

Sungmin asks curiously. Minho puts down the small box of chocolate cherry torte cake on top of Sungmin’s desk.

“I’m here to visit my beautiful sister-in-law”

Minho told Sungmin, smiling at her. Sungmin raises an eyebrow.

“You can never bribe me with that chocolate cherry torte cake”

Sungmin told her brother-in-law because she knows that Minho will be asking for a favor again.

“Who told you that I’m bribing you?”

Minho asks. Sungmin just stares at him.

“Fine”

Minho sighs softly.

“I know you know that I’m going to ask for a favor again. But I didn’t buy that cake as a bribe. I happen to pass by at The Sweet Dream Café and I remember you, that’s why I bought a slice of your favorite cake”

Minho explains. Sungmin smiles at him.

“That was sweet. Thank you. I’ll have this as my lunch”

Sungmin told her brother-in-law, thanking him for being thoughtful. Minho giggles happily.

“Where is hyung?”

Minho asks, looking for his step-brother.

“He went at the Accounting Department. You have a lunch meeting with him and Jongwoonie oppa at Café Bielefeld right? So what are you doing here?”

Sungmin asks curiously.

“I’m here to deliver the cake to you and to ask for a favor. Don’t worry because I’m going at Café Bielefeld after I talk to you”

Minho told Sungmin.

“But before anything else…”

Minho gently flicks Sungmin’s forehead.

“Why are you not yet eating your lunch? It’s already twelve thirty in the afternoon. Diet?”

Minho asks with concern in his voice.

“I still have a lot of things to do”

Sungmin told Minho.

“Is hyung making it hard for you? Tell me. I’ll kick him for you”

Minho told Sungmin, making her laugh softly.

“Can you really do that? You’re afraid of him”

“Then I’ll let Jongwoonie hyung do it for me or maybe Wookie noona can do that”

Minho told Sungmin happily.

“Don’t worry about me. I’m fine. I’ll just eat the cake that you bought for me. It will be my lunch”

Sungmin told Minho, smiling at him.

“So, what can I do for you? I already give you Taemin’s number, so what is it this time?”

Sungmin asks.

“She’s not replying”

Minho told Sungmin, pouting at her.

“She always rejects my call whenever I’m calling her”

“Maybe she’s busy”

“Even during weekends?”

Minho asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“I have a plan, but you need to promise that you won’t tell it to hyung and to Jongwoonie hyung”

Minho told Sungmin.

“What is your plan first?”

Sungmin asks. Minho takes a deep breath before speaking.

“What is Dasom-shi’s number?”

Minho asks.

“Yah! You’re such a playboy. You want Taemin and now you’re asking for Dasom’s number. Why? Was it because Taemin is not replying to you? Dasom has a boyfriend and he is your teammate in soccer”

Sungmin told Minho, frowning at him.

“It’s not like that noona”

“Then what? Try to hurt my girlfriends and I’ll throw you at the Han River”

Sungmin told Minho, threatening him.

“Listen to me first”

“Ok. Speak”

“It’s like this…”

Minho clears his throat before continuing.

“I know that I am a playboy, but that was before…”

Minho raises his right hand.

“I promise that I’m a good boy now”

Minho told his sister-in-law before putting down his right hand.

“I just need Dasom-shi’s number because I’m going to consult something to her. I’m shy to ask Taecyeon hyung because he might think that I like his girlfriend. I don’t want to cause misunderstanding between them and between us. I don’t want to ask Jongwoonie hyung because he will grill me alive. You know him. He is so protective when it comes to his younger sister and hyung is very serious and strict. He is so scary you know. I’m sure that Kyu hyung doesn’t know her number and I’m shy to ask Wookie noona and that’s why I’m asking you because you and Dasom-shi are best friends and we’re close to each other, so I’m thinking that you’re the one who can help me”

Minho explains.

“What are you planning to do?”

Sungmin asks.

“I want to know Taemin-shi’s schedules, so I know what to do in courting her. I don’t want to bother you because I know that you’re busy with your work and with hyung and Krystal. Please noona. I really need your help and Dasom-shi’s help. I really like Taemin-shi, so please help me. I’m begging you”

Minho told Sungmin, flashing his puppy eyes. Sungmin gets her mobile phone inside her handbag. She scans her contacts.

“Here”

Sungmin shows Minho Dasom’s mobile number. Minho quickly gets his mobile phone inside his pocket and put Dasom’s number in his contacts.

“Thanks a lot noona. I really love you”

“Make sure that you will not make Taemin cry or else Dasom and I will really throw you at the Han River”

Sungmin told her brother-in-law.

“Promise. But don’t tell it to Jongwoonie hyung and Kyu hyung. They will surely grill me alive because they will think that I’m chasing girls again”

Minho told his sister-in-law. Sungmin nods her head. Kyuhyun arrives inside the room.

“What are you doing here Choi Minho?”

Kyuhyun asks upon seeing his step-brother. Minho’s heart jumps hearing Kyuhyun’s voice. He looks at Kyuhyun who looks so serious.

“Hi hyung”

Minho flashes a weak smile. Kyuhyun walks towards Minho and holds his left ear tightly.

“Ouch! Hyung, let me go”

Minho told Kyuhyun.

“You supposed to be at Café Bielefeld by now. Why are you here? Sneaking out?”

Kyuhyun asks as he tightens his grip on Minho’s left ear.

“I’m just visiting noona because I miss her. Let me go”

Minho told Kyuhyun, lying to him. He starts hitting Kyuhyun’s hand gently, hoping that he will already let go of his left ear. Sungmin bites her lower lip, controlling herself from laughing.

“I’ll just go inside my office to sign some documents. If I still see you here when I go out, you’re going to regret it. You go now at Café Bielefeld. Try not to attend the meeting and you will see what will happen to you. I’m serious Choi Minho”

Kyuhyun told his step-brother.

“I understand hyung. You let me go now, so I can already leave. I need to be there before Jongwoonie hyung arrive because he told me that if he arrives first then he will talk to Coach Hae to kick me out of the soccer team, so let me go now”

Minho told Kyuhyun.

“Good”

Kyuhyun told Minho before letting go of his left ear. He puts down some folders on top of Sungmin’s desk.

“I need it later”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Minho frowns at his step-brother.

“Why are you giving noona a hard time? She’s not yet eating her—“

Minho stops talking when Kyuhyun shoots him a deadly glare.

“I’ll leave now”

Minho told his step-brother. Kyuhyun turns around and walks away. He went inside his office to sign some documents before he leaves for his lunch meeting with Jongwoon and Minho.

“Aish! Why do I need to have a brother and brother-in-law who are very strict, perfectionist and very demanding?”

Minho asks.

“They just want what is the best for you, so you need to leave now or else your soccer career will be at stake”

Sungmin told Minho.

“Alright. I’ll leave you now my beautiful noona. See you when I see you”

“Do your best in your meeting. Fighting”

Sungmin told Minho, cheering him happily.

“I will”

Minho smiles. He carefully jumps off of the table and salutes at Sungmin before leaving the room. Sungmin continues her work. Kyuhyun went out from his office, holding five folders.

“The blue folder is for Ms. Goo Hara, my Vice-President. She went at Incheon, so just leave it to her secretary. The red folders are for Ms. Kang Jihyun, head of the HR Department and the green folder is for Mr. Kim Sunggyu, head of the IT Department”

Kyuhyun instructed. Sungmin just nods at him.

“And one more thing…”

Sungmin raises her head when Kyuhyun stops talking.

“Yes sir?”

Sungmin asks.

“Take a break and eat your lunch. I’m sorry baby. I can’t have lunch with you. Let’s just have dinner later ok. I’ll be back soon after my lunch meeting with Jongwoonie and Minho”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, but she just ignores him. Kyuhyun leans forward and captures Sungmin’s lips, stealing a kiss from her.

“I love you”

Kyuhyun told his wife, but Sungmin didn’t answer.

“Where’s my I love you too?”

Kyuhyun asks. He’s trying to reconcile with Sungmin, but she just ignores him.

“Fine. I get it. I’ll just see you later”

Kyuhyun told his wife. He sighs heavily and leaves the room.

“You’re just guilty and that’s why you’re acting sweet”

Sungmin whispers softly, still feeling upset about their misunderstanding and because Kyuhyun is doubting her love for him.

“How can he think that I’m cheating on him? I can’t believe that he will believe that rumor over his wife”

Sungmin told herself.

“Seriously, we’re just newlywed couple, but we’re already fighting. Is this really the life of the second wife?”

Sungmin asks herself sadly.

“I just want to have a peaceful and happy married life with him, but it seems that I’m going to have a hard time. His mother and his daughter hate me so much. What am I going to do for them to accept me in the family? I didn’t marry Kyu because of his money. I marry him because I love him. But they will not see it like that because they hate me and they don’t want me for Kyu”

Sungmin told herself. She sighs sadly and just continues working.

~~~

Dasom is having a peaceful lunch with Ryeowook inside one of the private rooms of Seoul French Bistro, avoiding the crowd and the people who keep on asking Ryeowook for a picture taking and autograph signing. She was so happy to see her sister-in-law again. It’s been a long time since they last see each other and have lunch together because Ryeowook is always busy with her schedules and she’s been away from South Korea for quite some time.

“I’m really happy to see you again unnie. I’m sure that umma and appa will also be happy to see you. We miss you so much. Where have you been? Oppa doesn’t even know where you are”

Dasom told her sister-in-law.

“I’ve been in Spain, Paris, Italy and Athens for magazine pictorials, pictorials for the beauty products that I’m endorsing and for filming my three new commercials and some scenes for my new drama. Tell mom and dad that I’ll visit them tomorrow. I’ll cook dinner for them. Let’s have family dinner”

Ryeowook told Dasom happily.

“That will be perfect unnie. I already miss your cooking”

Dasom happily told her sister-in-law.

“So, did you and oppa already see each other? I’m sure that oppa miss you so much”

Dasom told Ryeowook, giggling happily. Ryeowook sighs sadly and shook her head.

“Not yet?”

Dasom asks. Ryeowook nods as an answer.

“Why?”

Dasom asks.

“I arrived early at home and my honey is still sleeping. I need to leave because I have a meeting for my upcoming movie. I went at HelloTalk, but his secretary told me that he is at Sky-High Residentials. I went there to surprise him, but unfortunately when I arrive he is no longer there. His secretary told me that he went at Café Bielefeld for his lunch meeting with my brothers”

Ryeowook explains, feeling sad because her plan on surprising her husband failed.

“Why not call him?”

Dasom asks. Ryeowook shook her head.

“I don’t want to talk to him over the phone. I want to see him and hug him. You see. I miss your brother so much”

Ryeowook told her sister-in-law.

“But I guess he is too busy with his work”

Ryeowook told Dasom, pouting cutely. Dasom shook her head.

“Unnie, I know that oppa is always busy because of work. But he never says no to you. I mean, he always give you time and attention whenever you’re asking for it. You should tell him. Maybe you and oppa can go for a romantic vacation, so you guys can already make your baby. I can’t wait to become an aunt. I promise to be the best aunt for your baby”

Dasom told Ryeowook, giggling happily. She really wants Jongwoon and Ryeowook to have a baby soon.

“I’m sorry Dasom baby…”

Ryeowook shook her head.

“But there still no room for a baby”

Ryeowook told Dasom whose smile suddenly fades away.

“Why? Having a baby is not bad. Are you scared to be pregnant?”

Dasom asks. Ryeowook shook her head.

“Unnie, I suddenly remember something!”

Dasom told her sister-in-law with wide eyes open.

“What? Bad news?”

Ryeowook asks because Dasom’s expression is not good. Dasom nods her head.

“Speaking about having a baby, oppa finds out that you’re taking birth control pills”

Dasom told Ryeowook whose eyes become big upon hearing her.

“What? How?”

Ryeowook asks, feeling nervous all of a sudden.

“Umma accidentally told him because she thought that oppa knows about it. We’re all shock to know about it. Why do you need to take birth control pills and how come you need to hide it from oppa? Don’t tell me that you’re hiding something from him?”

Dasom asks, giving her sister-in-law a questioning look.

“If you’re thinking that I am cheating with your brother, my answer is no. I love Jongwoonie so much and I can never do that to him. I hide the birth control pills because I know that he will get mad at me. I’m not yet ready to have a baby, but Jongwoon keeps on asking for it”

Ryeowook explains.

“You should talk about it with oppa. He will surely understand. You don’t need to hide it from him”

Dasom told Ryeowook, frowning at her.

“We will just end up fighting and I don’t want that to happen”

Ryeowook told Dasom sadly.

“Unnie, you and oppa are not getting divorce, right?”

Dasom asks with concern in her voice.

“I don’t want you and oppa to get divorce”

Dasom told Ryeowook, slowly shaking her head.

“Of course not. Jongwoonie and I will not divorce each other. That thing will never happen and I will not let it happen. Your brother and I are fine. It’s just that we’re really busy with our works, but we’re ok. No need to worry. There will be no divorce and that thing will never happen”

Ryeowook told Dasom, reassuring her that she and Jongwoon will not get a divorce and that their married life is fine.

“Jongwoonie honey will surely grill me alive”

Ryeowook told Dasom nervously.

“What will I do?”

Ryeowook asks nervously, asking Dasom for help. Dasom shook her head.

“I don’t know. But oppa seems mad. Unnie, you’re in great trouble. I’m sorry but I can’t save you this time”

Dasom told Ryeowook, feeling nervous for her.

“Oh my God! I suddenly feel scared to go home and see him”

“Don’t worry unnie…”

Dasom holds her sister-in-law’s hand.

“Just explain everything to oppa. He will surely understand. He can never resist you and you know that and I’m sure that he misses you so much. He will not throw a fight with you and maybe he already forgets about it. Just don’t open a topic that will lead oppa to remember it”

Dasom told Ryeowook who nods at her.

“Jongwoonie has a good memory, but I really hope that he already forget about it. I’ll just explain everything to him. Don’t worry about it. It will be fine”

Ryeowook told her sister-in-law, so she will stop worrying about her and Jongwoon.

“You finish your lunch now. I still need to go back to my agency. I need to talk to Manager Mimi to finalize my schedules for tomorrow”

“Ok”

Dasom continues eating her lunch. Ryeowook smiles at her and continues eating while thinking about how she will explain to her husband the reason why she’s taking birth control pills and why she hides it from him.

“Please don’t grill me later honey. I don’t want us to fight. I hope you will understand me”

Ryeowook thought, feeling nervous.

~~~

*CAFÉ BIELEFELD*

 

Jongwoon is having a lunch meeting with Kyuhyun and Minho at Café Bielefeld—it’s a café that was owned by Jongwoon and Ryeowook. They were talking about the opening of their business in one of the the malls in Sydney and Melbourne.

“I really don’t think that it’s necessary for us to open The Emporium in Sydney and in Melbourne”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun while scanning some files in his laptop.

“Why not?”

Kyuhyun asks while answering some emails.

“We already finalize the plan, so why are you backing out? Mr. Smith and Mr. Wilson are expecting to see one of us next week for the contract signing”

Kyuhyun told his brother-in-law. Jongwoon looks at Kyuhyun.

“We already open The Emporium at Seoul, Jeju Island, New York, London, Canada and LA. I’m just thinking that maybe we will already have a hard time managing it if we will push through in opening it at Sydney and Melbourne. Maybe we can just tell Mr. Smith and Mr. Wilson that we’re backing out”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun.

“If we need to pay something for cancelling the deal then we’re going to do that. Money is not an issue. I just don’t know how I’m going to manage my time anymore. I’m becoming too busy”

“What’s new? You’re always busy”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon.

“I’m just afraid that I will totally lose my time with Wookie. I don’t want that to happen”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun. He doesn’t want to lose his time with his wife. Yes, he is a busy person, but he always finds time for his wife. Jongwoon always make sure that he has time for his wife. Jongwoon and Ryeowook’s married life is becoming unhealthy because of their busy schedules and Jongwoon is afraid that if he will totally lose his time with Ryeowook, they will end up getting a divorce and he doesn’t want that to happen. Jongwoon loves Ryeowook so much and he can’t live without her even though it seems that Ryeowook loves her career and her work more than him.

“So what do you think?”

Jongwoon asks before focusing his attention back on his laptop. Kyuhyun sighs softly and stop answering emails. He gets his cup of passion fruit tea and takes a sip through the straw while thinking. He understands Jongwoon, but a deal is a deal and it will be hard to back out. Kyuhyun sighs softly again. He opens his mouth and was about to speak when Minho suddenly speaks.

“Aish! I really don’t understand her. Why is she not answering my text messages? Does she really hates me that much or she’s not really interested on me? What will I do for her to say yes?”

Minho asks, talking to his self. He looks problematic while staring on the screen of his mobile phone, feeling sad because Taemin is still not replying to his text messages.

“Do you want to know how she will say yes? Try to do your work properly and learn how to focus, maybe if you master doing those things, she will already say yes! Do you think she will like a man who is happy go lucky and doesn’t even know how to focus in achieving his goals and plans?”

Jongwoon asks angrily. Minho gulps nervously and looks at his brother-in-law who is staring at himseriously.

“Hyung…”

Minho’s heart starts beating fast because Jongwoon is killing him with his serious gaze.  

“Are you going to put your mobile phone away or I’ll throw it away? Are you going to focus in our meeting or I’ll talk to your coach and tell him to kick you out from the soccer team? I’m giving you options. I’m serious Choi Minho, don’t try me!”

Jongwoon told his brother-in-law without taking his serious gaze away from him. Minho flashes a weak smile and quickly hides his mobile phone inside his backpack.

“I’ll focus now. I’m sorry hyung”

Minho told Jongwoon. He bows his head to avoid Jongwoon’s serious glare.

“Yah! Jongwoon and I are talking about our business here, but what are you doing? Instead of cooperating, you’re busy with your mobile phone, texting girls. How many times do I need to tell you to stop chasing girls and focus your attention in learning business? Why are you not listening to me huh? Aish! You’re really a hardheaded and happy go lucky guy!”

Kyuhyun told his step-brother in a very serious manner.

“Honestly, I really don’t want to be a CEO just like you and Jongwoon hyung. Appa is just forcing me to become like you guys”

Minho whispers softly.

“Are you saying something Choi Minho?”

Kyuhyun asks. Minho looks at him and shook his head.

“Ah…I’m going to listen now. We can continue with our meeting”

Minho told Kyuhyun.

“Focus! We need you to focus or you will really get it!”

Jongwoon told Minho angrily. Minho nods his head. Kyuhyun coughs softly before speaking. He looks at his brother-in-law who looks so serious.

“Someone is being grumpy”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon, teasing him. Jongwoon frowns at him.

“Am I the only one who is being grumpy here?”

Jongwoon asks. Kyuhyun sighs.

“I’m having a bad day today. Min and I fought”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon.

“That’s because you’re always making things hard for her. Seriously hyung, you’re not treating noona as your wife. You’re treating her as your secretary and you’re being harsh to her”

Minho told his step-brother, defending Sungmin even though he doesn’t know the real reason why the couple fights. Kyuhyun looks at his step-brother and shoots him a serious glare.

“Am I talking to you huh?”

Kyuhyun asks. Minho smiles cutely and shook his head. He looks at Jongwoon who is staring at Kyuhyun seriously.

“But I’m telling the truth hyung. You should kick Kyu hyung’s because he is really giving Minnie noona a hard time”

Minho told Jongwoon.

“Min is my secretary. Of course she needs to do her job as my secretary”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon, reasoning out.

“But she’s still your wife. Don’t give her a lot of hard time. Yes she is your secretary, but you should also learn to treat her as your wife. Don’t be harsh on her. I told you that Minnie is an innocent and very sweet and loving person. If you will continue to give her a hard time then just return her to me. I’ll bring her back to HelloTalk”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun.

“Don’t forget that I let her work in your company and become your secretary not because your sister told me, but because you promise me that you will not be harsh on her. Minnie is like a younger sister to me. Give her a hard time again and I’ll break your bones. I don’t care if you’re my brother-in-law and Wookie will not be happy to know that you’re not treating Minnie right”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun, reprimanding him. Kyuhyun sighs.

“It’s not like that ok. We fought because she go out with Sunggyu and have breakfast with him today. You see. I’m hearing rumors about them. Some employees of Cho Media Group are talking about them having a secret relationship”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon.

“What do you want me to do to you? Break your bones or throw you at the Han River?”

Jongwoon asks. He shakes his head slowly.

“Are you stupid or what? Why do you need to believe that rumor?”

Jongwoon asks.

“Because Min is giving me a reason to believe. I’m jealous of Sunggyu and she knows that, but she keeps on clinging to him”

“Because they are friends and you know that. It’s ok to be jealous, but don’t overreact. Get my point? If you’re always like that then I’m not going to be surprise if you and Minnie will end up getting a divorce just like what happen to you and Seulgi”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun. He can’t believe that his brother-in-law is a fool to believe rumors easily and don’t trust Sungmin that much.

 “Why are you reprimanding me like a kid? Am I the only one who is having a marital issue here? Let me remind you brother-in-law that your marriage is worst than mine because you don’t even know my sister’s whereabouts”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon. Minho gulps nervously because he can feel the tension between the two. Kyuhyun always throw a hard rock towards Jongwoon whenever he will reprimand him about his marriage life.

“I’m happy to say that your sister is already back here in South Korea”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun.

“Noona is back? That was great!”

Minho happily told Jongwoon. He suddenly feels excited to see his step-sister again. Jongwoon nods his head happily.

“Her suitcases arrived at home”

Jongwoon told them, making them laugh.

“You’re kidding, right?”

Kyuhyun asks, laughing like a kid. Jongwoon shook his head. Somehow the tension between them becomes lesser.

“I saw her suitcases at the living room before I go to work. Ahjumma told me that Wookie left after checking on me. She didn’t wake me because I’m still sleeping since she arrives home at five in the morning. She left because she has a meeting for her new movie”

Jongwoon informs them. Kyuhyun stops laughing. He takes a deep breath before talking.

“Wookie is really good in playing hide and seek with you”

Kyuhyun teases Jongwoon who slowly shakes his head.

“I really can’t understand why she loves on doing it. Maybe it’s really hard to understand girls”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun who nods his head in agreement.

“Especially when they are having PMS and their monthly period. It’s really hard to understand their mood”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon.

“That’s what I’m trying to tell you both. Girls are hard to understand. Now, you’re already feeling what I’m feeling”

Minho told them. Jongwoon and Kyuhyun looks at him. Minho looks sad while staring on the screen of his mobile phone.

“If you send this kid next week in Sydney and Melbourne to meet Mr. Smith and Mr. Wilson, I’m going to crucify you upside down”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun before sighing softly.

“Why will I do that? We’re going to be in great trouble if Minho will be the one who will go to Sydney and Melbourne. I will prefer to send one of my Senior Executives rather than this happy go lucky kid. Aish! Such a headache”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon, sighing. He gently rubs his forehead.

“Yah! Choi Minho, are you going to focus or not?”

Kyuhyun told his step-brother to catch his attention. Minho suddenly smiles when he receives a reply coming from Dasom.

“YES! I CAN FINALLY—“

Minho stops shouting when he realizes that Jongwoon and Kyuhyun are both staring at him seriously.

“You can finally say goodbye to your soccer team?”

Jongwoon asks, threatening Minho.

“No hyung! Please don’t do that! I will focus now”

Minho told Jongwoon, begging him. He throws his mobile phone inside his backpack.

“This will be your last warning. You need to focus or you will really get it”

“Arasso hyung!”

Minho told Jongwoon, saluting happily at him. He feels happy because Dasom agree to meet with him and talk about his plan in courting Taemin.

“Let’s continue”

Jongwoon told them. Minho nods happily and focuses his attention in his meeting with Kyuhyun and Jongwoon, feeling excited and happy to execute his plan.

~~~

*THE BEAN EXPRESS*

 

Minho went at The Bean Express to meet Dasom after his long and tiring meeting with Jongwoon and Kyuhyun.

“So, how’s your meeting with oppa?”

Dasom asks before taking a sip on her caffé macchiato. Minho sighs softly.

“It was so tiring because it’s too long and I’m not used to attend a meeting because I’m not a CEO like them. They are so demanding, serious and really strict, especially Jongwoonie hyung. He is stricter than Kyu hyung. My head is aching because of them. Jongwoonie hyung keeps on reprimanding me. He is so scary”

Minho told Dasom, pouting cutely.

“Jongwoonie oppa is a perfectionist and that’s why he is really strict. Just do your work properly, so he won’t grill you alive”

Dasom told Minho, smiling at him.

“So, what about Taemin?”

Dasom asks, avoiding giggling because she doesn’t want Minho to know that she is feeling excited about him planning to court Taemin.

“She’s a professor, right?”

Minho asks. Dasom nods her head.

“She teaches literature at Seoul University. Why?”

Dasom asks. Minho snaps his fingers happily.

“Perfect. I’m planning to enroll myself to her class, so I can get closer to her and know her better”

Minho told Dasom, smiling brightly.

“And that is your plan?”

Dasom asks. Minho nods happily like a kid.

“Why? Do you think it’s not perfect?”

Minho asks curiously.

“Of course it is perfect, but don’t freak her out or else she will never talk to you. She can be snobbish sometimes and that’s why she doesn’t have a boyfriend”

Dasom told Minho.

“So, what do I need to know to catch her attention?”

Minho asks. Dasom smiles at him.

“If you’re going to enroll in her class, make sure to impress her. Taemin likes a smart guy. She likes a guy who can relate with her when it comes to literature and a guy who is serious in life”

Dasom told Minho.

“I can be that guy for her. I’m going to catch her attention and her heart soon. I hope you don’t mind if you tell me her class schedules”

Minho told Dasom, feeling confident that he can make Taemin fall in love with him easily.

“She only has night classes. Her classes are every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for one and half hours. Her first class will start at seven in the evening until eight thirty in the evening. Her second class will be at nine to ten thirty in the evening and the last class will be at eleven in the evening until twelve thirty in the morning”

Dasom told Minho who is listening attentively to her while writing Taemin’s class schedules on a piece of paper.

“Can I start going to her class today?”

Minho asks.

“If Seoul Univeristy will allow you to enroll in her class”

“Ok. I’ll do my best. Thanks a lot Dasom-shi”

Minho happily told Dasom.

“Dasom is fine. No need to be formal”

“Alright. I’ll see you around”

Minho told Dasom. He salutes at her before leaving the coffee shop.

“He is weird”

Dasom told herself. She suddenly blushes and giggles happily.

“I’m so excited for our Professor Taemin. I’m sure that she will have a boyfriend soon. Minnie should know about this. I will invite them to have lunch with me tomorrow”

Dasom told herself and continues drinking her caffé macchiato happily.

~~~

Sungmin stares at her husband as he parks his car at the corner.

“Let’s go”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“Why? Is there something wrong?”

Kyuhyun asks because his wife is staring at him blankly. Sungmin is wondering why they went at Choi mansion.

“I thought we’re going to have dinner together? What are we doing here?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun smiles at her.

“Umma called me awhile ago. She told me that we’re going to have family dinner tonight and that’s the reason why we’re here”

Kyuhyun explains. Sungmin feels nervous because she’s going to see her mother-in-law again—she needs to bear Sunhwa’s cold treatment again. Sungmin doesn’t hate Kyuhyun’s mother. She’s just feeling sad whenever they will see each other because Sunhwa is showing her how much she hates her for Kyuhyun and she always make her feel that she’s not welcome in the family.

“How about Krystal?”

Sungmin asks.

“She’s already here. No need to worry about her and beside you doesn’t care about her, right?”

Kyuhyun told his wife, remembering their misunderstanding earlier on that day.

“Kyu, it’s not what you—“

“Enough of your explanation. I don’t want to listen to it. The things that you told me earlier is already enough for me to know that you hate my daughter and you’re just pretending to like her”

“Kyu—“

“I SAID ENOUGH!”

Kyuhyun raises his voice. He takes a deep breath to calm his self.

“Shut your mouth. I don’t want to hear anything. Please don’t ruin my mood. Just go down now because they are waiting for us”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin stares at her husband sadly before going out of his car. Kyuhyun went out of his car and starts walking. Sungmin follows him from behind. They went inside the mansion. Kyuhyun smiles upon seeing his sister at the living room, sitting elegantly on the sofa while reading her interview for Luscious Elixir that was featured on Modish Magazine.

“So, Jongwoonie is not joking around. You’re really back here in South Korea”

Kyuhyun speaks to catch his sister’s attention. Ryeowook raises her head and stares at the owner of the voice. Kyuhyun is smiling at her.

“OPPA!”

Ryeowook shouts happily. She puts down the magazine that she’s reading on top of the sofa and stands up. She happily runs towards her brother and gives him a sweet hug.

“It’s good to see you”

Ryeowook told her brother, smiling brightly at him. Kyuhyun gently flicks her forehead.

“Did you already show yourself to your husband?”

Kyuhyun asks. Ryeowook shook her head as an answer.

“Stop playing hide and seek with him, so he wouldn’t become a grumpy man”

Kyuhyun told his sister, teasing her happily. Ryeowook pouts cutely.

“I’m not playing hide and seek with him. I’m just busy with my work because I have a lot of schedules. I really want to su—“

Ryeowook stops talking when she notices Sungmin standing behind Kyuhyun.

“MINNIE!!!”

Ryeowook shouts happily.

“Yah! Will you please stop shouting? You’re going to break the windows”

Kyuhyun told his sister, but Ryeowook ignores him. Ryeowook pushes him away.

“Don’t block my way oppa”

Ryeowook told her brother. She moves towards Sungmin and happily hugs her.

“I’m so glad to see you. I’m really sorry that I fail to attend your wedding. I really want to attend because I don’t want to miss that very special day, but I really just can’t because I need to go to Spain for my pictorial”

Ryeowook told her sister-in-law, apologizing to her because she is not present in her wedding with Kyuhyun. Sungmin smiles at her.

“It’s ok unnie. I understand. Be thankful that Jongwoonie oppa is there or else I will really get mad at you”

Sungmin told her sister-in-law.

“I told him to cancel his business trip, so he can attend the wedding. It’s good that he follows my command or else I’ll break his bones”

Ryeowook told Sungmin, making her laugh softly.

“So, how are you? How’s the honeymoon? Are you already pregnant?”

Ryeowook asks happily. Sungmin just stares at her.

“Not yet?”

Ryeowook asks. Sungmin nods as an answer. Ryeowook hits her brother’s arm.

“Ouch! What is that for?”

Kyuhyun asks, frowning at his sister.

“Why are you so slow?”

Ryeowook asks.

“Don’t blame me. It’s not my fault. I’m not the one who doesn’t want to make love”

Kyuhyun told his sister with a hint of anger in his voice. Ryeowook can feel a tension between the couple—she can feel that they are having a misunderstanding.

“Is Jongwoonie going to come here?”

Ryeowook asks, changing the topic.

“Why are you asking me? Am I his wife huh?”

Kyuhyun asks before sitting on the sofa, leaving Sungmin with Ryeowook.

“Why is he grumpy?”

Ryeowook asks.

“He’s not in good mood because of me”

Sungmin answers while looking at Kyuhyun sadly.

“Just don’t mind him ok. He’s really moody”

Ryeowook told Sungmin. She holds Sungmin’s hand and pulls her towards the sofa. They sit down beside each other, ignoring Kyuhyun who is frowning. Ryeowook gets the Modish Magazine that she’s reading before the couple arrives. She happily shows it to her sister-in-law.

“That’s my interview for Luscious Elixir. I had the pictorial in Athens. I’m so happy that they release it so fast. I’m going to show this later to Jongwoonie. I’m sure that he will be happy because he is my number one fanboy”

Ryeowook happily told Sungmin who is smiling brightly while scanning the magazine, staring at Ryeowook’s beautiful pictures.

“You’re really wonderful unnie. Jongwoonie oppa will fall in love with you more”

Sungmin told Ryeowook happily.

“Stop praising her baby. Jongwoonie will scold at her for playing hide and seek with him”

Kyuhyun told his wife, teasing his sister. Ryeowook looks at her brother and hits his arm. Kyuhyun just laughs at her.

“By the way, where is Krystal?”

Kyuhyun asks his sister.

“She’s at the guest room with umma and Seulgi unnie. Appa is busy inside his office”

Ryeowook informs her brother.

“Seulgi is here?”

Kyuhyun asks. Ryeowook nods her head.

“Yes. I saw her awhile ago when I arrived here. I have a little chat with her before she went at the guest room to take a rest”

Ryeowook told her brother. Kyuhyun stares at her blankly, wondering why his ex-wife is at the Choi mansion.

“I don’t know why she’s here. I don’t have any idea”

Ryeowook told her brother because she also doesn’t have any idea why Seulgi is there.

“DAD!”

Kyuhyun looks around when he hears someone calling him. He smiles upon seeing his daughter, running towards him. Krystal hugs Kyuhyun happily.

“Mom is here”

Krystal happily told her father. Kyuhyun saw Seulgi going down the stairs with Sunhwa; they are chatting with each other happily.

“Hi sweetheart. I’m glad that you’re already here”

Sunhwa told her son, smiling at him. She holds Seulgi’s hand and walks towards Kyuhyun. Sungmin stands up and moves towards Sunhwa. She was about to give her a kiss on her cheek, but Sunhwa moves away from her, so Sungmin just bows at her before returning to her seat. Sunhwa hugs Kyuhyun happily.

“I invited Seulgi for dinner”

Sunhwa happily told her son. Kyuhyun stares at his ex-wife.

“It’s good to see you Kyu. How are you?”

Seulgi asks, smiling at him. Kyuhyun smiles back before answering.

“I’m doing great. How about you?”

Kyuhyun asks. He moves a little to give his ex-wife some space. He pats the empty space beside him, asking Seulgi to sit down.

“Thanks”

Seulgi told Kyuhyun before sitting down beside him. Krystal and Sunhwa smile at each other. They are happy to see Kyuhyun and Seulgi sitting beside each other and it seems that Kyuhyun forgets that Sungmin is around.

“I’m doing great too. I’m just a little bit tired because of my flight, but I’m fine”

Seulgi told Kyuhyun. Sungmin stares at them sadly. She’s starting to feel jealous towards Seulgi because of the way Kyuhyun acts towards her. She’s thinking if Kyuhyun still has feelings for his ex-wife or she’s just jealous on her and that’s why she’s thinking like that.

“Our Krystal is not giving you a hard time, right?”

Seulgi asks. Kyuhyun was about to answer when someone elbows him. Kyuhyun looks at his sister.

“I hope you don’t mind if I disturb you, but don’t forget that your wife is here. Why don’t you introduce Minnie first to your ex-wife before having a chat with her?”

Ryeowook whispers to her brother. Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin who quickly looks at the magazine that she’s holding to avoid his eyes.

“Oh yes! Before I forgot…”

Kyuhyun stands up and moves towards Sungmin. He holds her hand.

“Baby, please stand. I’ll introduce you to Seulgi”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who stands up.

“Seulgi, I want you to meet Lee Sungmin. She’s my wife”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife, introducing Sungmin to her. Krystal and Sunhwa roll their eyes while staring at Sungmin who bows at Seulgi and smiles at her.

“I’m glad to meet you Seulgi-shi. I’m Lee Sungmin, Kyuhyun’s wife. Just call me Minnie”

Sungmin told Seulgi, smiling at her. Seulgi smiles and shakes Sungmin’s hand.

“I’m also glad to meet you Minnie. Just call me Seulgi. You take care of Kyu. Don’t mind him if he gets moody or grumpy sometimes. He’s always like that”

Seulgi told Sungmin.

“Am I the only one who is being like that? We’re the same. You’re also moody like me. You’re also grumpy, especially when I’m teasing you”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife, teasing her. Seulgi just pouts at him.

“Don’t mind Kyu. He can be childish sometimes. You need to have a lot of patience because he has a very short temper. I don’t know what mom craved for when she’s pregnant with Kyu that he becomes a short-tempered man”

Seulgi told Sungmin, teasing her ex-husband. Kyuhyun just laughs softly. Sungmin fakes a smile. She needs to hide her jealousy.

“I’m sure that Minnie is already used to it. You don’t need to remind her unnie”

Ryeowook told Seulgi, faking a smile at her. She’s starting to get irritated because it seems like Seulgi is showing Sungmin how much she knows Kyuhyun and she wants to emphasize the fact that she’s Kyuhyun’s ex-wife and Sungmin is the second wife. Ryeowook hates her mother for inviting Seulgi to have family dinner with them. She doesn’t hate Seulgi, but she just hate the fact that her mother is still treating Seulgi as Kyuhyun’s wife eventhough they are already divorce and she also hates the fact that her mother doesn’t treat Sungmin right because she hates her for Kyuhyun.

“Why don’t we start our dinner now since it’s already seven in the evening?”

Sunhwa asks. She calls the head maid and told her to call Siwon in his office because they will already have dinner.

“But my husband is still not here and of course Minho”

Ryeowook told her mother.

“They will just join us when they arrive. I’m sure that everyone is already hungry, right?”

Sunhwa told her daughter. Krystal nods her head while smiling at her grandmother. Siwon went downstairs and saw them at the living room.

“How are you my beautiful daughter-in-law?”

Siwon asks before hugging Sungmin, making his wife and granddaughter frown.

“I’m fine appa. Just tired because of work”

Sungmin told her father-in-law. Siwon’s eyebrow furrowed.

“Don’t tell me that my son is giving you a hard time?”

Siwon asks, frowning at Kyuhyun.

“No appa. It’s just that I have a lot of paperworks to do today. Those are the works that I left behind before Kyu and I went to North Island Seychelles with Krystal for our family vacation”

Sungmin told her father-in-law.

“Family vacation? Not even a honeymoon?”

Ryeowook asks, wondering why the supposed to be honeymoon became a family vacation.

“Now I know why Minnie is not yet pregnant”

Ryeowook whispers softly.

“Are we just going to talk about that thing? Why don’t we all have our dinner now ok?”

Sunhwa asks.

“But Jongwoonie and Minho is not yet here”

Siwon told his wife, disagreeing with her.

“Where is your husband sweetheart? Is he going to join us for dinner?”

Siwon asks his step-daughter. Ryeowook just stares at him because she doesn’t know where Jongwoon is and she also doesn’t know if Jongwoon can mak it or not.

“Why don’t you give him a call?”

Siwon told his step-daughter. Ryeowook flashes a weak smile. She’s afraid to call Jongwoon because he might bring up the topic about the birth control pills and she doesn’t want to have an argument with him.

“Yah! Are you still playing hide and seek with him?”

Kyuhyun asks, teasing his sister who looks like a lost kid because she doesn’t know what to tell Siwon.

“Kim Ryeowook! Don’t tell me that you and Jongwoon have a misunderstanding again? Are you hiding something from us? Yah! Don’t tell me that you and Jongwoon are already divorce!”

Sunhwa told her daughter, frowning at her. Kyuhyun suddenly laughs upon hearing his mother.

“I’m serious Cho Kyuhyun! Stop laughing!”

Sunhwa told her son, frowning at him too.

“They are not divorce umma. They are just playing hide and seek. That’s all”

Kyuhyun told his mother before laughing again.

“Come on. Let’s just have our dinner now. Jongwoon and Minho will just join us when they arrive. I’m already hungry”

Sunhwa told them before walking away.

“Let’s go mom”

Krystal told her mother. Seulgi stands up and holds her daughter’s hand. They follow Sunhwa at the dining room. Kyuhyun follows them, leaving Sungmin with Siwon and Ryeowook.

“Just call Jongwoon and ask ok”

Siwon told his step-daughter. Ryeowook just nods her head.

“I’ll go ahead”

Siwon told them before walking away. Sungmin looks at Ryeowook with concern.

“Is there something wrong unnie?”

Sungmin asks with concern in her voice. Ryeowook shook her head and stands up.

“Maybe Jongwoonie is busy and that’s why he can’t join us tonight”

Ryeowook told Sungmin, feeling sad because Jongwoon is still not arriving. She wraps her hands around Sungmin’s arm.

“Come. Let’s just eat our dinner. I’m already hungry”

“Are you ok?”

Sungmin asks worriedly. Ryeowook manages to flash a smile. She nods her head and starts walking with Sungmin. They went inside the dining room to join their family in dinner. Sungmin sits beside Siwon while Ryeowook sits beside her. Kyuhyun is sitting in between Sunhwa and Seulgi while Krystal is sitting beside her mother. Sunhwa occupies the chair that is supposed to be for Sungmin. She did that so Sungmin can’t sit with Kyuhyun…so she can’t disturb Kyuhyun and Seulgi.

“Tonight’s dinner is very special because Seulgi was the one who cooked everything”

Sunhwa happily announced. Kyuhyun looks at his ex-wife.

“I thought you’re tired because of your flight?”

Kyuhyun asks. Seulgi smiles at him.

“It’s ok. It’s a simple favor from mom. She told me that she already misses my cooking, so I did it for her and I cooked your favorite dish”

Seulgi happily told her ex-husband. Sungmin stares at them as Seulgi puts food on Kyuhyun’s plate.

“That’s why you need to eat everything”

Seulgi told Kyuhyun.

“You shouldn’t cook if you’re tired”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife, showing a little concern for her. Seulgi just smiles at him before eating her dinner.

“Are you going to stay here unnie?”

Ryeowook asks Seulgi.

“No”

Seulgi shook her head.

“I’m going to stay at Sky-High Tower I. I just go here to visit mom and dad and because mom invited me for dinner”

Seulgi answers Ryeowook who just takes a sip on her wine.

“Are you going to stay here in Seoul for a long time?”

Siwon asks.

“It depends dad. I have projects in Busan and Jeju Island. I’ll just wait for Chanyeol to arrive here in Seoul next week before I fly to Jeju Island with him”

Seulgi informs Siwon.

“Who is Chanyeol? Your boyfriend?”

Siwon asks. Kyuhyun looks at Seulgi, waiting for her answer while Krystal just sighs and frowns.

“No dad. Chanyeol and I are business partners. He is an Architect”

Seulgi answers Siwon with a smile on her lips.

“Are you sure that he is just a business partner? It seems that he’s a special person to you”

Krystal told her mother, frowning at her. Kyuhyun just ignores his daughter as he continues eating his dinner.

“There’s nothing wrong if your mom has a new boyfriend. It’s a good partnership. He is an Architect while your mom is a Civil Engineer. Perfect combination”

Ryeowook told her niece who just frowns at her.

“By the way…”

Siwon looks at his step-son.

“Where is your brother?”

Siwon asks, wondering why Minho is not yet home. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“I thought you had a lunch meeting with him?”

Siwon asks. Kyuhyun nods. He takes a sip on his wine before speaking.

“I don’t know where he is. We part ways after the meeting. I return at Cho Media Group. I left him with Jongwoonie. I just don’t know if he takes Minho with him because he’s not yet done reprimanding him when I left Café Bielefeld”

Kyuhyun told his step-father, avoiding laughing because he really thinks that Jongwoon is funny on being too grumpy and moody on that day. He is thinking that his brother-in-law is like that because Ryeowook is still not yet showing herself to him. Siwon gets his mobile phone and calls Minho, but he is not answering his mobile phone.

“That kid is playing around again. He is not answering his mobile phone”

Siwon told them.

“Darling, just leave your son alone. Maybe he is busy practicing soccer”

Sunhwa told her husband who just frowns at her. Siown really hates Minho playing soccer because he doesnt want him to become a soccer player. He wants Minho to become a CEO like Kyuhyun or maybe a pilot like him.

“I really don’t know what I’m going to do with that brat kid. Such a hardheaded man”

Siwon told his wife.

“Don’t worry appa. I’ll be the one who will discipline him”

Kyuhyun told his step-father. Siwon nods his head because he knows that Minho always listen to Kyuhyun. Jongwoon arrives at the dining room with the head maid who escorted him. Ryeowook smiles so bright upon seeing her husband. She misses him so much and she feels so happy to see him.

“You’re late”

Kyuhyun told his brother-in-law who looks tired because of work. Jongwoon greets his in-laws and gives Ryeowook a sweet peck on her lips before sitting beside her.

“Sorry I’m late. I have a meeting with the Board of Directors of Kim Corporation in behalf of appa. He can’t make it because he has an emergency meeting at Kim Broadcasting Network”

Jongwoon told them, gently rubbing his temple; his head is aching a little because he’s already tired. Ryeowook frowns at her husband.

“You’re not taking care of yourself”

Ryeowook told her husband. Jongwoon manages to smile at her.

“Don’t worry about me. I’m fine”

Jongwoon told his wife. Ryeowook puts a lot of food on her husband’s plate.

“Eat everything so I won’t worry about you”

“Thanks honey”

Jongwoon smiles and starts eating his dinner.

“Is Minho not with you?”

Siwon asks his son-in-law. Jongwoon looks at him and shook his head.

“I left him at Café Bielefeld because appa called me and told me to go at Kim Corporation to attend his supposed to be meeting with the Board of Directors. I’m not yet done reprimanding that hardheaded boy. Why? Is he missing or he put his self in trouble again?”

Jongwoon asks.

“He is not yet home and he is not answering his mobile phone”

Siwon answers. Jongwoon sighs.

“Maybe he’s chasing girls again. He is texting someone while we’re having a lunch meeting. So, don’t wait for him anymore abeonim. I’m sure that boy will not arrive because he is busy chasing girls”

Jongwoon told his father-in-law who just sighs softly while slowly shaking his head. Sungmin just keeps herself quiet. She doesn’t want to tell them about Minho’s whereabouts because she is afraid that her in-laws will get mad at her for tolerating her brother-in-law in “chasing girls”.

“Hi Seulgi. It’s good to see you. When did you arrive?”

Jongwoon asks Seulgi before taking a sip on his wine. Seulgi smiles at him.

“Awhile ago. Krystal and mom are the one who fetch me at the airport. Mom invited me for dinner”

Seulgi told Jongwoon.

“She’s the one who cooked everything”

Sunhwa happily told her son-in-law, feeling proud of Seulgi. Jongwoon just nods his head. He notices that Sungmin is very quiet and she’s not sitting beside Kyuhyun. He wants to asks Kyuhyun why he is sitting with Seulgi and Sunhwa and not with Sungmin, so he will know that he is ignoring his wife’s presence—but of course he can’t do that because he doesn’t want to cause a fight.

“Jongwoon sweetheart”

Sunhwa calls her son-in-law’s attention. Jongwoon stares at her.

“Yes eomeonim?”

Jongwoon asks.

“When will you and Wookie give me and your abeonim a cute grandchild?”

Sunhwa asks happily. Jongwoon coughs upon hearing his mother-in-law. He gets his glass of water and drinks it.

“OMO! Are you ok sweetheart?”

Sunhwa asks worriedly. Jongwoon just nods at her. He doesn’t know how he will answer his mother-in-law.

“Umma, are you really eager to have a grandchild from us? You always ask us about it whenever you’re going to see us”

Ryeowook told her mother, frowning at her.

“What’s wrong if I ask?”

Sunhwa asks.

“You’re pressuring us. I mean, Jongwoon and I are not yet ready to have a baby. We’re still busy with our works, so there’s still no room for baby”

Ryeowook told her mother. Jongwoon somehow feels sad and hurt hearing his wife. He already wants them to have a baby, but Ryeowook doesn’t want to have one and that’s the thing that he can’t understand.

“Why do you need to be busy with your works? You’ve been married for three years and you’re already at the right age to be a mom. Having a baby is not bad”

Siwon told his step-daughter. Sunhwa nods in agreement.

“But appa…Jongwoonie and I are still not ready to have a child, right honey?”

Ryeowook looks at her husband. Jongwoon just nods his head because he doesn’t want to argue with his wife in front of his in-laws and he doesn’t want his in-laws to know that he and Ryeowook are sometimes having a misunderstanding because of having a baby.

“Krystal is there, so no need to pressure me and Jongwoonie about having a baby soon”

Ryeowook told her parents.

“But Aunt Wookie, having a baby in the family is lovely. I’m sure that you and Uncle Jongwoonie will have a very cute baby”

Krystal told her aunt while giggling happily.

“If you want to have a baby in the family why not ask Kyu oppa and Minnie to give you a baby sibling soon. That will be great”

Ryeowook happily told Krystal while looking at Seulgi to see her reaction. Seulgi didn’t react. She just remains quiet.

“I’m sure that oppa and Minnie’s baby will be cute, right oppa?”

Ryeowook told her brother. Kyuhyun smiles and nods his head, agreeing to his sister. Krystal just frowns. Siwon notices Sungmin being quiet and she’s not eating that much.

“Sweetheart, are you ok? Why are you so quiet and why are you not eating that much? You don’t like the food? Do you want to eat something? I’ll tell the chefs to cook something for you. What do you want?”

Siwon asks, feeling concern on his daughter-in-law. Jongwoon stares at Kyuhyun, shooting him a serious glare. Kyuhyun looks away to avoid his eyes.

“Baby, are you ok?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods her head. She looks at Siwon.

“I’m sorry to worry you appa. Don’t mind me. I’m fine. I’m just really feeling tired because of work, but I’m fine. No need to worry about me”

Sungmin told her father-in-law, flashing a smile so he wouldn’t worry about her anymore. Kyuhyun looks at his daughter.

“You finish your food now, so we can already go home. Your mommy already needs to take a rest”

Kyuhyun told his daughter who rolls her eyes, feeling irritated because of her step-mother.

“She’s really good in acting. Such a ”

Krystal whispers softly. She just frowns at her father and continues eating her dinner.

~~~

*SEOUL UNIVERSITY*

 

Taemin was sitting inside the Dean’s office of the Literature Department. The Dean wants to talk to her before she goes to her nine evening class.

“I’m sure that you’re wondering why I want to talk to you Professor Lee”

Ham Eunjung, the Deam of the Literature Department told Taemin who is sitting quietly on the chair.

“Ms. Ham, did I do something wrong?”

Taemin asks nervously. Eunjung smiles at her and shook her head.

“Nothing. I just need to tell you something”

Eunjung told her. She opens the drawer of her desk and gets a paper.

“Here is the new list of the students in your nine evening class”

Eunjung told Taemin, giving the paper to her. Taemin looks at it.

“Did someone drop my subject?”

Taemin asks while staring at the names of her students that are listed on the paper. Eunjung shook her head.

“You have a new student”

Eunjung told her. Taemin looks at the Dean.

“Who?”

Taemin asks. Eunjung smiles at her.

“Why don’t you go now to your class for you to find out who he is?”

Eunjung asks. Taemin stares at her watch.

“OMO! I’m already ten minutes late. I need to go ma’am”

Taemin stands up. She bows at Eunjung before going out of her office. Taemin runs at the hallway, bumping to someone.

“Ouch!”

“OMO! I’m sorry”

Taemin looks at the owner of the voice. She stares at him for the meantime, trying to recall where she met the person in front of her.

“Is there something wrong?”

He asks. Taemin’s eyes widened upon recognizing him.

“What are you doing here?”

Taemin asks, staring at Minho with confused expression. She’s wondering why Minho is there.

“I have a class here”

Minho answers with a smile on his lips, feeling happy to see Taemin.

“Class?”

Taemin asks. Minho nods happily.

“OMO! I’m already late”

Taemin told herself upon remembering that she’s already late in her class. She bows at Minho and walks away. Minho smiles brightly and follows Taemin from behind. Taemin enters room 515 A. Minho follows her inside. The students stare at Minho who happily sits on the empty chair in front.

“Ok class”

Taemin puts down her things on top of her desk. She smiles at them.

“Sorry if I’m—“

Taemin stops talking when she notices Minho in her class, sitting happily in front.

“Ah excuse me Mr. Choi, but what are you doing here?”

Taemin asks. Minho just smiles at her.

“Are you lost?”

Taemin asks. Minho shook his head.

“I’m enrolled in this class”

Minho happily answers. Taemin raises an eyebrow.

“Check the list of your students. You will see my name on it”

Minho told Taemin.

“Ok…”

Taemin takes a deep breath before continuing.

“As I was saying class, I’m sorry to be late. I went at the Dean’s office to talk to Ms. Ham. She informs me that we have a new student here in our class. Can you please stand and introduce yourself to the class?”

Taemin asks without looking at Minho. She stares at her class when the “new student” didn’t stand up to introduce his self to the class. Taemin gets the list of students that Eunjung gave her and scans it, so she will know who the new student is.

“So, he is not joking around”

Taemin thought while staring at Minho’s name. She takes a deep breath and looks at Minho who is smiling at her.

“Mr. Choi, please stand up and introduce yourself to the class”

Taemin told Minho who happily obeys her. Minho stands up and smiles at his classmates who are all staring at him. Some girls are giggling happily while staring at him.

“Hello classmates. My name is Choi Minho. I’m a soccer player. I’ll be your new classmate, so please take care of me”

Minho told them, introducing his self happily.

“Mr. Choi, from what department are you from?”

Taemin asks. Minho looks at her and smiles.

“I have no department Professor Lee”

Minho answers happily. Taemin gives him a confused look.

“I just enroll in your class because I want to study literature…to know more about literature. It’s some kind of a special class for me. I don’t belong in any departments or colleges here. I just want to study literature under your class because I found out that your class is fun and you teach so well and that’s why I choose to enroll here in your class”

Minho explains to answer Taemin’s curiosity.

“So, you love literature?”

Taemin asks.

“I love it so much”

Minho answers, lying to her. The truth is he doesn’t know much about literature.

“Ok. Let me test your knowledge about literature”

Taemin told Minho.

“Do you really need to do that?”

Minho asks, feeling nervous.

“Back in ancient Greece, the literature was divided into two categories. What are those two categories?”

Taemin asks. Minho scratches his head because he doesn’t know the answer.

“What are the five genres of literature?”

Taemin asks. Minho just flashes a weak smile.

“Who is the father of English literature?”

Taemin asks.

“Ah…I don’t know the answer Professor Lee. But I know who my father is and he is Captain Choi Siwon”

Minho told Taemin, making his classmates laugh. Taemin bites her lower lip, controlling her temper.

“I hope you understand what you told me earlier when I ask you if you love literature. If you’re just here to impress someone or to chase girls, please drop the subject. I hate people who don’t have brain and who is not really interested in learning in my class. You’re free to drop this subject any time”

Taemin told Minho who blushes a little, feeling embarrassed in front of her and his classmates.

“And please don’t be late next time”

Taemin told Minho.

“But you’re also late Professor Lee”

Minho told Taemin who stares at him seriously.

“I’m just saying”

Minho whispers softly.

“Why don’t you sit down now so I can already start the class?”

Taemin asks, shooting Minho a serious glare. Minho gulps nervously and sits down.

“She’s not a very easy girl. I’m going to have a hard time courting her”

Minho told his self.

“Are you saying something Mr. Choi?”

Taemin asks. Minho flashes a weak smile and shook his head.

“Ok. Let’s start our class now”

Taemin told her students, smiling at them. She starts the class, ignoring Minho whose eyes are only focus on her while smiling brightly.

~~~

Jongwoon and Ryeowook arrive at their mansion after having dinner with their family at Choi mansion. Ryeowook went inside the master’s bedroom with Jongwoon. She opens the lights and smiles brightly upon seeing beautiful rose petals neatly arranged on the floor and on the bed.

“Wow! This is so lovely”

Ryeowook whispers. She walks towards the bed and smiles brightly while staring at the beautiful bouquet of white peonies that was on top of the bedroom bench. Ryeowook picks it up and smiles at the beautiful white peonies. Jongwoon walks towards his wife. He puts down his black coat on top of the bedroom bench before hugging Ryeowook sweetly from behind.

“Like it?”

Jongwoon asks before resting his chin on Ryeowook’s shoulder.

“It was so lovely honey. I love it so much”

Ryeowook told her husband. She puts down the bouquet back on top of the bedroom bench before looking at her husband. Ryeowook smiles at him and happily wraps her arms around his neck.

“Liar”

Ryeowook whispers on Jongwoon’s lips before kissing him.

“I thought you attended a meeting at Kim Corporation and that’s why you’re late in the family dinner?”

Ryeowook asks, brushing her fingers on Jongwoon’s eyebrow. Jongwoon nods his head.

“I’m not lying honey. I really attended a meeting at Kim Corporation”

“Then who prepares everything?”

Ryeowook asks. Jongwoon brushes his lips on hers.

“Me. I prepare everything after the meeting…before I go at the family dinner. Of course I can’t tell you about it because it will no longer be a surprise”

Jongwoon explains.

“That was so sweet”

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, smiling sweetly at him.

“I love you honey”

“I love you too”

Jongwoon captures Ryeowook’s lips and kisses her slowly and sweetly.

“I miss you so much my Jongwoonie”

Ryeowook told her husband while staring at her husband’s eyes with love. She bites her lower lip to seduce him.

“Honey, please stop that. Don’t try to seduce me. I’m really tired and I’m having a little headache”

Jongwoon told his wife.

“But I want you now”

Ryeowook told Jongwoon while slowly ing his black dress shirt. She manages to undo three buttons.

“It’s your fault because you love to play hide and seek with me”

Jongwoon asks, pouting cutely as his wife.

“I’m sorry honey”

Ryeowook captures Jongwoon’s lips, kissing him. Jongwoon opens his mouth to respond to the kiss. He kisses his wife slowly and sweetly. He carries Ryeowook without breaking the kiss, making her smile. Ryeowook happily wraps her legs around Jongwoon’s waist.

“Naughty”

Ryeowook whispers on her husband’s soft pinkish lips. Jongwoon carefully laid her on their bed with him on top of her. He gently caresses Ryeowook’s cheek.

“I love you so much honey. I miss you too so much, so please don’t be away from me again for a long time”

Jongwoon told his wife before burying his face on her neck. Ryeowook bites her lower lip when Jongwoon starts kissing her neck.

“Honey, we need to talk”

Jongwoon told his wife while kissing her neck softly. Ryeowook’s heart starts beating fast because she remembers what Dasom told her earlier when they are having lunch together. She cups Jongwoon’s handsome face and forces him to look at her. She stares at him while holding his face between her hands.

“Honey, can we just shower together now? You’re tired, right? So, let’s have our shower now so we can already take a rest. Maybe we can just talk tomorrow”

Ryeowook told her husband, trying to make excuse because she’s afraid to talk with him. Jongwoon shook his head.

“We really need to talk now. It’s important”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. He gives her a soft kiss on her lips before getting off of her. He sits on the bed and looks at his wife who is staring at him, trying to act normal.

“Hon, I said we need to talk”

Jongwoon told his wife. Ryeowook gets up and sits on his lap.

“Ok we’re going to talk, but you need to promise me first that we’re not going to fight. I miss you so much honey and I don’t want to throw a fight with you”

Ryeowook told her husband. Jongwoon raises an eyebrow.

“We’re going to talk and not to fight”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook who kisses his lips.

“I know. Just make a promise ok”

Ryeowook demanded. Jongwoon nods his head.

“Promise”

Jongwoon told his wife.

“So, what are we going to talk about?”

Ryeowook asks, pretending that she doesn’t have any idea on why Jongwoon wants to talk with her.

“It’s about you taking birth control pills. Umma accidentally told me about it because she thought that I know that you’re taking birth control pills. Why do you need to hide it from me and why do you need to take birth control pills? You didn’t consult it with me and the worst part is you lie to umma so she will prescribe you a birth control pill”

Jongwoon told his wife. Ryeowook gulps nervously while staring at her husband’s serious expression.

“I’m sorry honey. I really don’t want to lie and to hide it from you. I just did that because I know that you wouldn’t agree on it. I need to hide it from you because you’re going to oppose me and we will just end up fighting. I don’t want that to happen”

Ryeowook explains, hoping that her husband will understand. Jongwoon sighs sadly.

“Do you really hate to be pregnant and that’s why you need to take birth control pills? Is having baby really a burden to you?”

Jongwoon asks, feeling frustrated and sad at the same time.

“Hon, we already talk about it right? I’m not yet ready to have a baby”

“When are you going to be ready? Abeonim and Eomeonim are right. We’re already married for three years, but why are you still not ready? Don’t you want us to have a child?”

Jongwoon asks sadly. Ryeowook stares at him with teary eyes.

“It’s not like that honey. Of course I want us to have a baby, but not now. I still have a lot of things to do. I’m still busy with my career, so please understand”

Ryeowook shook her head.

“I still don’t want to take a break from work. I still have a lot of things to accomplish. How about my new dramas and movies? I don’t want to leave it behind”

Ryeowook told her husband.

“Is your work more important than me? Is it more important than our marriage and us having a baby?”

Jongwoon asks, feeling really frustrated and a bit disappointed with his wife. Ryeowook sighs heavily. She stands up and frowns at Jongwoon.

“Why are you pressuring me? Seriously, you talk like umma and appa. Why can’t you understand that I’m still not ready to be pregnant?”

Ryeowook told her husband, frowning at him. Jongwoon gives Ryeowook a serious glare. He is trying to control his temper because he doesn’t want to have a fight with his wife.

“That’s because you love your work more than me!”

Jongwoon told his wife angrily.

“You’re just being selfish honey”

“Selfish? Am I the one who is being selfish here?”

Jongwoon asks.

“I’M NOT A BABY MAKER!!!”

Ryeowook shouts because of anger.

“Seriously, you promise not to throw a fight with me. But look what you’re doing”

“I’m not throwing a fight with you. I’m talking to you”

“But you keep on demanding and it’s too irritating. You’re the reason why we’re always fighting because you don’t know how to understand me. You only want what you want. You never listen to me”

Ryeowook told her husband. Jongwoon throws a pillow on the floor because of anger.

“Yah! Am I the one who doesn’t know how to listen and understand? What do you want me to do? You don’t want us to have a baby because you prioritize your career more than us making our own family and you expect me to understand your stupid reason?”

Jongwoon asks, biting his lower lip because of anger.

“Fine. Marry other woman who can give you a baby. Why don’t you just chase your ex-fiancee huh? Maybe she is willing to give you want you want!”

“Don’t start it!”

“Start what? If you can’t understand me then it will be better if we get divorce!”

Ryeowook told her husband angrily.

“What? Do you hear yourself? Do you understand what you’re talking about huh Kim Ryeowook?”

Jongwoon asks.

“If you can’t understand me and accept my decision about having a baby then let’s divorce each other. It’s the right thing to do”

Ryeowook told her husband, making his blood boils.

“IT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO? DO YOU THINK DIVORCE CAN SOLVE OUR MARITAL PROBLEMS?”

Jongwoon raises his voice because of anger. He wants to slap his wife because of anger, but he controls his self. He loves Ryeowook so much and he doesn’t want to hurt her.

“You know what Jongwoon? Let’s just stop ok. I don’t want to talk to you anymore. You’re just being narrow-minded”

Ryeowook told her husband before walking away. She went inside the walk-in closet and packs some of her things before returning inside the room.

“What are you doing?”

Jongwoon asks upon seeing his wife holding a suitcase.

“I’m going to leave you. I don’t want to stay here anymore. I don’t want to stay with a man who doesn’t even know how to understand!”

Ryeowook told her husband. Jongwoon looks at his wife with teary eyes.

“How do you want me to understand? Wookie, it hurts but you don’t care. How about me? Am I not important to you?”

Jongwoon asks sadly.

“I love you Jongwoon, but you’re being too much. I guess it’s about time for us to part ways. Let’s not mind each other’s business. I’m already tired of dealing with you because you can’t understand me”

“We’re not going to understand each other because you’re immature and you love your work that much. Just admit it Wookie. You just marry me for publicity because your ex-boyfriend left you”

“If that’s the case we’re the same, the only difference is yours is more painful because Yoona-shi left you on the day of your wedding while Myungsoo left me because he needs to study abroad”

Ryeowook told her husband, hurting his emotions.

“Leave. If that’s what you want, go ahead”

Jongwoon told his wife, controlling his tears from falling.

“Are you not going to stop me? You really want me to leave?”

Ryeowook asks. She can’t believe that Jongwoon will not stop her.

“Leave”

Jongwoon whispers.

“Honestly? I can’t believe you Kim Jongwoon! Aish!”

Ryeowook sighs.

“I’m not going to go back here unless you fetch me, get that? I hate you so much”

Ryeowook told her husband before leaving their room, dragging her suitcase with her. Jongwoon throws the bouquet angrily on the floor. He sighs heavily before lying on the bed, feeling hurt and tired.

~~~

Sungmin softly knocks on the door before going inside her husband’s office at home.

“Kyu”

Sungmin gently closes the door and walks towards her husband who is busy sitting on his chair while reading something on his laptop. She carefully puts down the tea that she made for him.

“I made you a tea. Drink it so you will feel relax. Don’t stress yourself too much. Don’t sleep that late ok”

Sungmin told her husband, but Kyuhyun just ignores her because he is busy.

“I’ll go to sleep now. Good night baby. I love you”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, feeling sad because her husband is being cold towards her. She stares at Kyuhyun for the meantime before turning her back away, controlling her tears from falling. She was about to leave when someone knocks on the door. The head maid went inside the office. She bows at Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

“Sir, I’m sorry to disturb you. But Ma’am Wookie is here”

The head maid informs Kyuhyun who stares at her curiously.

“I think she runs away from home because she brings a suitcase with her”

The head maid told Kyuhyun. Sungmin and Kyuhyun look at each other before leaving the office. Kyuhyun goes down with Sungmin. They saw Ryeowook at the living room holding her suitcase.

“Yah! What are you doing here?”

Kyuhyun asks his sister.

“Jongwoon and I fought. I went at the mansion, but appa didn’t accept me there. Can I stay here oppa?”

Ryeowook asks. Sungmin moves towards her.

“Of course unnie, you can stay here. I’ll ask ahjumma to tell—“

“She’s not going to stay here”

Kyuhyun told his wife, stopping her from talking. Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun and frowns at him.

“What’s wrong with you? Why are you sending unnie away?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun gets the telephone at the living room and calls the Kim mansion.

“Good evening. Kim Residence, how may I help you?”

The head maid answers.

“I need to talk to Jongwoon”

“Who is this?”

“It’s his brother-in-law, Cho Kyuhyun. I need to talk to him, so please connect my call to him”

“Hold on a second sir”

The head maid connects the call at the master’s bedroom.

“Yeoboseo”

Jongwoon answers the call.

“Yah! Jongwoon-ah! Your wife is lost and she’s here in my house!”

Kyuhyun told his brother-in-law. Jongwoon sighs over the phone.

“So?”

Jongwoon asks.

“What do you mean by so? You come here and fetch her!”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon who shook his head.

“She’s the one who runs away, so she must learn how to go back here. I’m not going to fetch her, so please tell her that. I’m warning you Cho Kyuhyun. I will grill you alive if you will accept her in your house! Get that? I’m going to take a rest now, so don’t call me anymore!”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun before hanging up.

“Aish!”

Kyuhyun ruffles his hair irritatingly. He puts down the telephone and moves towards his sister and his wife, preventing them from going upstairs.

“I told you that Wookie will not stay here!”

Kyuhyun told his wife angrily, holding her arm.

“Why are you being rude? It’s already late at night. Let unnie stay here. She’s your sister”

Sungmin told her husband, frowning at him.

“So?”

Kyuhyun raises his eyebrow.

“This is my house and you don’t have the right to decide!”

Kyuhyun told his wife angrily, hurting her heart. Ryeowook frowns at her brother for being harsh on his wife.

“Yah! Why are you so mean oppa? Minnie is your wife. Of course she also has the right to decide and this house is also her house!”

Ryeowook told her brother.

“Shut up Kim Ryeowook! Stop meddling on other people’s married life. Mind your own married life, so you and Jongwoon are not fighting! Stop being a hardheaded girl! You go back home. I’m not going to tolerate you. Appa is right for not accepting you at the Choi mansion. Go home and fix your problem with your husband!”

Kyuhyun told his sister, reprimanding her.

“I hate you!”

Ryeowook told her brother.

“Fine. Hate me as much as you want. Just leave my house now!”

Kyuhyun told his sister before going upstairs.

“What the hell is that?”

Sungmin asks.

“Don’t worry unnie. I’m going to talk to him. Just go up and take a rest. Ahjumma will you to the guest room”

Sungmin told her sister-in-law. Ryeowook holds her hands and shook her head.

“No need Minnie. I’ll just leave”

“But unnie…”

Sungmin stares at Ryeowook with teary eyes, feeling worried about her.

“Do you want me to call Dasom and tell her that you’re going to stay in her condominium for the meantime? She won’t say no because she’s your sister-in-law”

Sungmin told her sister-in-law. Ryeowook shook her head and gently caresses Sungmin’s cheek.

“No need. I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me”

Ryeowook told Sungmin.

“Are you sure unnie? But where are you going to stay?”

Sungmin asks worriedly.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. You take a rest. Good night”

Ryeowook told Sungmin. She gently pats her sister-in-law’s cheek before leaving the Cho mansion. Sungmin goes up and went inside her husband’s office without knocking.

“We need to talk!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, frowning at him. Kyuhyun sighs and looks at his wife.

“Did Wookie already left?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“Why are you like that? Unnie is your sister. You don’t need to be mean on her”

“She will not learn if I’m going to tolerate her, so please understand”

“But it’s already late at night!”

“YAH!”

Kyuhyun raises his voice and frowns at his wife.

“Will you please stop whinning? It’s really irritating. Stop meddling in other people’s married life! Just leave me alone because I’m busy. Go to sleep and leave me alone”

Kyuhyun told his wife, feeling angry and irritated.

“You’re really insensitive”

“I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE! DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND?”

Kyuhyun shouts angrily. Sungmin stares at him with teary eyes.

“I don’t understand you anymore”

“Just go out!”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin frowns and leaves the office.

“Aish! Why is that girl like that? If I am insensitive, she’s too sensitive!”

Kyuhyun told his self, feeling irritated because of his sister and his wife.

“Girls are really hard to understand”

Kyuhyun whispers. He ruffles his hair and takes a deep breath before focusing his attention back on his work.