Chapter 4

MARRIED TO MY BOSS

Chapter 4

 

“Are you just going to sit there and stare at me the whole night?”

Kyuhyun asks his secretary who is sitting quietly beside him while staring at him.

“Are you not going to talk? Don’t worry. I’m not going to scold you for being talkative”

Kyuhyun told her before drinking his bottle of soju. Sungmin just stares at him, still wondering why her boss needs to drag her with him at the Han River Park.

“You really don’t want to drink?”

Kyuhyun asks, offering Sungmin a bottle of soju. Sungmin just shook her head as an answer.

“Fine. I drink. You watch”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who remains quiet.

“Is this still part of my job as his secretary?”

Sungmin whispers softly, but unfortunately Kyuhyun heard her talking.

“What is it Ms. Lee? Are you saying something?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin clears before speaking.

“Mr. Cho, is this still part of my job as your secretary? Honestly, it’s already late at night. Do I really need to come here with you?”

Sungmin asks.

“Fine. Leave if you want to. I’m not going to stop you”

Kyuhyun told his secretary before drinking his soju. He looks at the sky, staring at the moon that shines so bright.

“I just want someone to talk with. That’s all. But if you want to leave, it’s ok”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who stares at him for the meantime before taking a deep breath.

“Then what are we supposed to talk about?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun laughs softly. He slowly shook his head.

“I don’t know”

Kyuhyun answers before drinking his soju. Sungmin stares at him and she can see sadness on his face.

“Drinking will not solve your problem”

Sungmin told her boss. Kyuhyun stares at her, making her heart beats fast because of nervousness. She always feel nervous whenever her boss will stare at her because she always thinks that he will scold her and will shout on her since he has a very short temper.

“Then what should I do? Hang myself?”

Kyuhyun asks, making Sungmin’s eyes grow big.

“Of course not!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, making him laughs softly.

“Why are you so cute? Such an innocent girl”

Kyuhyun told his secretary before gently flicking her forehead.

“Is love really not enough for a marriage to last forever?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin just stares at him because she doesn’t know what to say.

“Well…I guess you haven’t been in-love before”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He sighs softly before focusing his eyes back on the moon.

“I do…I do have a boyfriend”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who stares at her blankly.

“But we’re already over”

Kyuhyun sighs in relief upon hearing Sungmin. He needs to admit to his self that he is slowly falling in love with his secretary. No matter how much he fools his self, his heart will never lie. He likes Sungmin, but he doesn’t have enough courage to tell her and to pursue her because the court is not yet granting his divorce with Seulgi. He doesn’t want to make Sungmin a mistress. He wants her to be his wife and not a mistress.

“Maybe we’re not really meant to be. He is rich and I am poor. His parents hate me for him and that’s why I need to break-up with him…so maybe…”

Sungmin sighs sadly.

“Love is really not enough for a relationship to work and last forever”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun sadly.

“Status in life is not important when you love someone. I guess your boyfriend can’t fight for you and that’s why you need to break-up. You see. If he loves you that much, he will fight for you and he will never allow you to break-up with him no matter what happen…just my opinion”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“How about you Mr. Cho? Why do you want to divorce your wife?”

Sungmin asks curiously. Kyuhyun looks at her.

“Oh! Sorry about that sir. I’m not meddling with your life. I just…just…just…”

“Just what?”

Kyuhyun asks, raising an eyebrow. Sungmin sighs softly. She was lost for words.

“I’m sorry sir”

Sungmin told her boss, looking away to avoid his eyes that are set upon her.

“We just don’t love each other anymore and we think that divorce is the solution to our problem”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“But you have a daughter, right?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun nods his head as an answer.

“Krystal will understand…maybe not now, but someday she will”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin sadly. Sungmin looks at her boss and she can see sadness in his eyes.

“You still love her…your wife…you still love her”

Sungmin told her boss. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Don’t fool yourself sir. I can see it in your eyes. You still love your wife…maybe not as much as you love her before, but you still love her. So why not save the marriage?”

Sungmin asks, feeling sad for her boss. Kyuhyun shook his head again.

“We don’t love each other anymore and that’s the truth”

“How does a person fall out of love with someone whom he loves for a long time?”

Sungmin asks.

“I don’t know”

Kyuhyun answers, shaking his head slowly. He drinks his soju again.

“All I know is that when we woke up one morning, we both don’t love each other anymore. I don’t know what happen, but we just can’t feel the love for each other”

“Third party?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“I don’t have a mistress ok.I don’t cheat with my wife. I can never do that because I love her. I just don’t know about her if she has other man. You see. We always fight. We are too busy to mind each other’s whereabouts and businesses. She told me that she doesn’t love me anymore and I also told her that. We file for a divorce, but our lawyers advice us to talk about it because we have Krystal. So, what we did is to file for a legal separation to settle things between us and to think. But it didn’t help us. We just can’t save our marriage anymore and that’s why we’re getting divorce”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“Maybe she hates me because I’m always busy with my work. I forget about her and I don’t give her time anymore. I’m a demanding husband and I want everything to be perfect if not best. I have a very short temper and I’m a possessive brat. Maybe those are the reasons why she fell out of love to me”

“But if you love someone, you need to accept that person as a whole. You need to love his perfect and imperfect sides…I guess, you both don’t love each other that much and that’s why you become like that”

Sungmin told her boss who just stares at her.

“Ah…just my opinion sir”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, staring at him nervously, getting ready to be scold by him.

“Such a talkative girl”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, slightly smiling at her. He was about to drink his soju, but Sungmin quickly takes it away from him.

“Stop drinking sir. If you get drunk, nobody will bring you home. I can’t drive your car because I don’t know how to drive”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, closing the bottle of soju.

“You should go home now”

Sungmin told her boss.

“I’m living alone in my house. Well, there are chefs and maids…but I’m alone, so nobody will look for me and I’m no longer a kid ok. I’ll go home whenever I want”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“Ok”

Sungmin takes a deep breath.

“If that’s the case, can I already ask a permission to go home now?”

Sungmin asks her boss.

“You don’t want to spend some more time with me?”

Kyuhyun asks, feeling sad because Sungmin already wants to leave him.

“It’s not like that sir. Let me remind you that it’s already eleven in the evening. We still have work tomorrow, so I need to—“

Kyuhyun quickly captures Sungmin’s lips, kissing her softly. Sungmin’s eyes widened, feeling Kyuhyun’s lips on hers.

“What if I tell you that I like you? What will be your answer if I ask you to marry me?”

Kyuhyun asks Sungmin who still feel surprised on what he did.

“Sir…”

“Hmmm?”

Kyuhyun smiles inwardly when Sungmin blushes.

“I…well…”

Sungmin takes a deep breath, calming herself.

“IthinkIneedtogohomenow. Seeyoutomorrow. Takecareonyourwayhome”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, speaking so fast.

“What?”

Kyuhyun asks because he didn’t understand what Sungmin told him. Sungmin gets her things and stands up. She bows at her boss and quickly walks away, leaving Kyuhyun alone. Kyuhyun stares at Sungmin who went inside a cab.

“Wrong move Cho Kyuhyun. You freaked her out. Aish!”

Kyuhyun told his self.

“Now, how am I supposed to face her tomorrow?”

Kyuhyun asks his self, scratching his head.

“Just don’t go to work. Tell her that you’re not feeling well”

Kyuhyun told his self. He takes a deep breath and opens the bottle of soju and just continues drinking by his self.

~~~

“Just don’t mind what Krystal said earlier”

Kyuhyun told his wife who is quietly tying his tie. They didn’t have a peaceful breakfast because Kyuhyun and Krystal fought. Krystal wants to have a lunch with Kyuhyun and Seulgi because she is trying to bring her parents back together. Kyuhyun wants to drag Sungmin with them because she is his wife, but Krystal doesn’t want because she hates her. Krystal starts insulting Sungmin, calling her a desperate homewrecker , making Kyuhyun gets mad at her and that’s the reason why they fought—Krystal hates Kyuhyun for favoring Sungmin.

“She’s really a brat kid. I really don’t know why she’s like that…please understand”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who is still quiet and looks sad.

“I’m sorry”

Sungmin told her husband sadly. Kyuhyun cups his wife’s beautiful face and stares at her.

“Why are you saying sorry?”

Kyuhyun asks, staring at his wife’s sad face.

“I’m sorry because of me you and Krystal are always fighting. I’m sorry because of me Krystal is being like that. You shouldn’t throw a fight with her”

Sungmin told her husband sadly, blaming herself. She feels sad whenever Kyuhyun and Krystal will fight because she knows that she’s always the reason of their fight.

“Then what do you want me to do? Tolerate her for always calling you a ? Is that what you want me to do? Let her insult you? I cannot allow her to disrespect you. If she can’t accept you as my wife then she should learn to respect. I hope you understand that, so you wouldn’t defend her whenever I’m going to scold her”

Kyuhyun explains.

“Just go out with her. Grant her wish. It’s not bad to have lunch with her and with Seulgi”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun.

“Are you pushing me away?”

Kyuhyun asks, feeling a little bit irritated towards his wife. He hates it whenever someone is pushing him to his ex-wife.

“So, what do you want to happen huh Cho Sungmin? You’re pushing me towards my ex-wife. You want us to be together again? Is that what you’re trying to do?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“Kyu, it’s not like that. I just think that Krystal’s idea is not bad at all. There’s nothing wrong if you have lunch with your ex-wife. Seulgi became a part of your life and she’s Krystal’s mom, so there’s nothing wrong if you two have lunch together with Krystal”

Sungmin explains, hoping that Kyuhyun will understand what she’s trying to tell him.

“Fine. If you want me and Seulgi to be together again, that’s what I’m going to do”

“Kyu, it’s not like what you’re thinking. Please understand”

“Well, I can’t understand!”

Kyuhyun told his wife, giving her a serious glare.

“Do you think it’s easy for me to be in this kind of situation?”

Sungmin asks with teary eyes.

“Enough of your drama! I don’t care how you feel! We need to leave now! I still have a lot of work to do! Follow me if you don’t want me to leave you!”

Kyuhyun told his wife, feeling angry with her. He gets his car key on top of the bedside table and leaves the master’s bedroom.

“What is happening? Why are we like this?”

Sungmin asks herself sadly. She wipes the tears that fall from her eyes and leaves the room quietly.

~~~

*SKY-HIGH RESIDENTIALS*

 

“Good morning sir”

One of Jongwoon’s secretaries greets him with a smile on his lips. Jongwoon nods at him.

“Here’s the report of Ms. Park. She told me that you will have a meeting with the contractor tomorrow, one in the afternoon at Alastair room of The Crown Quarters Hotel”

Jongwoon’s secretary told him. He gives Jongwoon the blue folder that he is holding.

“Thanks Mir”

Jongwoon told his secretary, smiling at him.

“I already put your schedules for this day on top of your desk. You have a lot of meetings today sir”

Mir told his boss who just nods at him.

“Please book me a flight going to Sydney. I’ll be leaving tomorrow. I’ll join my brother-in-law with his meeting with Mr. Smith next week”

Jongwoon told his secretary. He really doesn’t have any plan on joining Kyuhyun with his meeting with Mr. Smith in Sydney and with Mr. Wilson in Melbourne for the opening of The Emporium—he changes his mind because he and Ryeowook fought.

“But I thought you’re not going there sir?”

Mir asks.

“Change of mind. Just do what I told you to do. I’ll leave tomorrow, ten in the evening”

“But sir how about your business trip in Japan and New York? It will also be next week”

Mir told his boss, reminding him about his business trip.

“I will only join Kyu in Sydney…just for two days. I will fly to New York after that. I’ll stay there for two days and then I’ll fly to Japan and stay there for three days. Please remind Seolhyun to book a hotel accommodation for me”

“Ok sir”

“Anything else?”

Jongwoon asks.

“Your mom’s secretary called me awhile ago. Ma’am Sohee wants you to call her because you’re not answering her calls since yesterday night”

Mir told his boss. He gulps nervously when Jongwoon’s expression suddenly becomes serious.

“Aish! Kim Ryeowook, you’re giving me a lot of headache. Seriously, do you really need to tell umma and appa that we fought? So childish”

Jongwoon thought while staring at his secretary seriously.

“Yah! Did umma’s secretary tell you why umma keeps on calling me?”

Jongwoon asks. Mir shook his head as an answer.

“She just told me to tell you that Ma’am Sohee wants you to call her because you’re not answering her calls since yesterday night…that’s all sir”

Mir told his boss. Jongwoon just sighs and walks away. He was about to open the door of his office when Mir speaks.

“Your sister is inside, waiting for you”

Mir told his boss, feeling nervous. Jongwoon looks at him.

“Who told you to let her in? I told you that if Dasom or Minho went here to look for me you should shoo them away. Aish! Seriously…you’re also a headache”

Jongwoon told Mir, frowning at him. Mir gives his boss a peace sign. Jongwoon sighs and just go inside his office. He saw his sister sitting on his chair. The television is open, but Dasom is not watching; she’s just listening to the celebrity news because she is busy drawing on her sketchbook.

“What are you doing here babe? I don’t remember inviting you here and I also don’t remember having an appointment with you”

Jongwoon told his sister, catching her attention. Dasom raises her head. She looks at her brother and frowns at him.

“Is that the right way to greet your brother in the morning? Stop frowning if you don’t want to become ugly”

Jongwoon told his sister. He gets the post-it-notes that Mir sticks on his desk to see his schedules for that day.

“Why did you send unnie away from home?”

Dasom asks her brother who is busy staring on the post-it-notes.

“Oppa, I’m talking to you!”

Dasom told her brother. Jongwoon nods his head.

“I’m listening”

Jongwoon told his sister.

“Let me clear it to you babe. I didn’t send your beautiful and very loving sister-in-law away from home. She’s the one who runs away from home”

Jongwoon told his sister.

“That’s still the same”

Dasom told her brother, still frowning at him. Jongwoon puts down the post-it-notes on top of his desk before looking at his sister.

“Seriously babe, how did you graduate from university if sending someone away from home and running away from home is the same thing? I’m going to return you to your university because your professor didn’t taught you that well”

Jongwoon told his sister, gently flicking her forehead.

“What I mean is you didn’t stop her from leaving, so that is considered sending her away from home. Get my point huh oppa?”

Dasom told her brother.

“Wookie is just being childish. She wants to leave the house then I let her leave. Why will I stop her if that what she want? She has her own free will and if she’s thinking that I’m going to fetch her just like what I’m doing before whenever we’re fighting and whenever she hates me, I’m not going to do it this time. If she will not go home, it’s her decision and not mine. She knows how to run away from home then she also needs to learn how to go home on her own”

Jongwoon told his sister, feeling angry because of his wife.

“So it’s your problem if you accept her in your condominium. It’s not my fault anymore because I called you yesterday night and warn you not to accept your sister-in-law in your—“

“Unnie didn’t go there. I’m expecting her to arrive. She’s always staying in my condo whenever she will run away from home because you two fought or she hates you. But she didn’t come yesterday. I keep calling her, but she’s not answering my calls. I’m worried oppa”

Dasom told her brother, worrying about her sister-in-law.

“Yah! If Kyu sends her away yesterday night and she didn’t go to your condo then where is she?”

Jongwoon asks, feeling worried. Even though he and Ryeowook are having a misunderstanding, Jongwoon still cares about her. Jongwoon always care for his wife even though it seems like Ryeowook takes him for granted sometimes.

“Oppa, let’s look for unnie now. I’m really worried. You should say sorry and fetch her, so she will already go home. I told umma about it”

“Oh! So that’s the reason why umma keeps on calling me yesterday night. So, it was you who told her. Did you also tell it to appa?”

Jongwoon asks, frowning at his sister. Dasom was about to speak when they hear someone shouting outside.

“HYUUUUUUNNNGGGGG!!!”

Minho came inside Jongwoon’s office with Mir who is trying to stop him.

“I’m sorry sir. I was trying to stop your—“

Jongwoon raises his hand to stop Mir from talking.

“It’s ok”

Jongwoon told Mir who bows at him and leaves his office quietly.

“JONGWOONIE HYUNG!!!”

Jongwoon and Dasom stare at Minho who is about to cry. Minho looks like a kid who is throwing tantrums.

“Yah! What are you doing here huh and why are you shouting early in the morning?”

Jongwoon asks. Minho walks towards him and hugs him.

“Hyung, please fetch noona now. Seriously, why did you send her away? So what if you have a misunderstanding? You should just talk properly. You don’t have to be rude and send my beautiful noona away from home”

Minho told his brother-in-law while hugging him tight and faking a sob. Dasom nods, agreeing to Minho.

“I didn’t have the chance to date my love because of noona. She called me yesterday night and told me to go quickly at my condo because she’s there waiting for me…so just fetch her now”

Minho told Jongwoon who feels relieve upon knowing that his wife is safe and she is currently staying in Minho’s condominium.

“Yah! Will you please stop hugging me and stop whining? Honestly, you’re so noisy Choi Minho. My ears are aching because of you and Kim Dasom. Both of you are noisy, whining early in the morning”

Jongwoon told his brother-in-law, removing his arms around him. Minho pouts at Jongwoon.

“Stop pouting at me. It’s your fault because you let your sister stay in your condominium. I called you yesterday night and told you to shoo her away, but you never did that, so it’s not my problem anymore”

“But noona told me that she will break my bones if I didn’t go quickly to my condominium and let her stay there with me for the meantime and of course blood is thicker than water”

Minho told Jongwoon who raises an eyebrow.

“Ah, so you’re scared with her than with me? Is that it?”

Jongwoon asks. He raises his hand to hit Minho who quickly hugs him.

“Hyung, please don’t hit me. Of course I’m scared of you, but noona is my sister and I love her. You should understand. I just can’t send her away and I told you that blood is thicker than water. So, don’t get mad at me anymore”

Minho told his brother-in-law, begging him not to get mad at him and not to hit him. Minho’s heart keeps on beating fast because of fear. He is really afraid of his brother-in-law because for him, Jongwoon is really scary when he is angry.

“I’m really sorry hyung…so please, spare my life. I still want to live for the woman I love…have mercy on me”

Minho told Jongwoon, staring at him with puppy eyes. Dasom bites her lower lip to avoid laughing because Minho looks funny for overreacting.

“You let me go before I hit you!”

Jongwoon told his brother-in-law, frowning at him. Minho quickly removes his arms around Jongwoon.

“It’s hard to live with unnie, so please fetch her now. You see. When I woke up, she’s no longer at home and my house is so messy. Her things and clothes are scattered everywhere. I don’t know where she is because she didn’t leave a note. She just left the house without telling me. I keep on calling her, but she’s not answering my calls”

Minho informs his brother-in-law, worrying about his step-sister.

“I have a lot of things to do, but I can’t do all of it because of noona. So please hyung, just fetch her later in my condo. I just don’t know what time she will go home today”

Minho told his brother-in-law, begging him to already fetch Ryeowook in his condominium. He can’t pursue his plan in courting and stalking Taemin because he is afraid that Ryeowook will scold him if she finds out that he is chasing a girl again.

“Minho…”

Minho stares at Jongwoon who is smiling at him.

“I’m really sorry if your sister needs to stay in your condominium. I’m also sorry because I’m too busy. I don’t have time to fetch her, so please take care of her for the meantime until she finally gets tired of playing hide and seek and catch me if you can with me ok”

“But hyung…”

“What? Say no and you’ll be dead”

Jongwoon told his brother-in-law, shooting him a very serious glare. Minho gulps nervously and just nods his head, feeling scared of Jongwoon.

“I have a meeting. You stay here and wait for me because I need to tell you something important”

Jongwoon told Minho.

“But hyung, I need to go somewhere. You see. I have an app—“

Minho stops talking when Jongwoon frowns at him.

“Of course hyung…I’ll wait for you here…yes…I will”

Minho told his brother-in-law, feeling scared of him. Jongwoon looks at his sister who is still frowning at him.

“You should leave now because I don’t have appointment with you. I’m busy. Please tell umma to stop calling me. You don’t need to worry about me and Wookie. It’s our problem”

Jongwoon told his sister. He was about to leave his office when something catches his attention. He looks at the television and stares at Ryeowook who is currently having an interview with the press. Dasom and Minho also stare at the television.

“Did you and Myungsoo-shi already meet each other again after long years of not seeing each other?”

One of the reporters asks Ryeowook.

“I haven’t met him yet. I heard that he arrives here in South Korea yesterday night. Maybe later we’re going to see each other because we need to have a meeting with the producer, script writer and director of the movie to finalize everything”

Ryeowook answers with a smile on her lips.

“Are you excited to see your ex-boyfriend?”

“Not really, but I’m excited to work with him and I’m happy that we’re going to be able to work with each other again after long years. I’m happy because he is already back and our movie is his first project after his very long break from the showbiz industry”

“Are you not afraid that your husband might get jealous of him?”

The reporter asks. Dasom and Minho stare at Jongwoon who is frowning so hard while staring at the television. Jongwoon suddenly feels jealous upon knowing that his wife’s ex-boyfriend is back in South Korea. He knows that Kim Myungsoo is already Ryeowook’s ex-boyfriend, but he still feels jealous of him because somehow he becomes part of Ryeowook’s life and he and Myungsoo just really hate each other—Jongwoon hates Myungsoo because he takes Ryeowook for granted and sometimes make her cry when they are still a couple and Myungsoo hates Jongwoon because he is jealous of his closeness with Ryeowook, thinking that he is trying to steal Ryeowook away from him.

“No”

Ryeowook shook her head and smiles at the reporters.

“I consult my husband about this movie before I accept the offer. He knows everything. He is a very supportive husband. He knows that I love my work so much and he is always there for me to support me and beside, Myungsoo and I are still friends…my husband knows that”

Ryeowook answers. Jongwoon smirks.

“You’re such a good liar honey. You’re really a great actress…the best actress that I’ve ever known in my entire life”

Jongwoon told his self because what Ryeowook told the reporters is nothing but a lie. Ryeowook didn’t consult Jongwoon about the project. He doesn’t even know that Myungsoo, Ryeowook’s ex-boyfriend will be her leading man on that movie.

“There are some rumors about you planning to take a break after your movie with Myungsoo because you and your husband are already planning to have a baby. How true is that?”

The reporter asks. Ryeowook laughs softly and shook her head.

“That’s not true. I still have a lot of projects. Jongwoon and I are still not ready to have a child because we’re still busy with our works, so there’s still no room for a baby. Maybe someday, but not now”

Ryeowook answers. Jongwoon can feel his blood boiling while listening to his wife’s interview. He suddenly wants to throw the television away because of anger. Minho looks at his brother-in-law and he can feel his angry aura.

“Hyung…”

Minho speaks in a low voice. He and Dasom are staring at Jongwoon and they can tell that he doesn’t really know about Myungsoo working with Ryeowook in a movie. Jongwoon also looks really irritated because of his wife’s answer about them having a baby.

“Kim Dasom…”

Jongwoon gets the remote control of the television on top of his desk. He looks at his sister who is staring at him sadly.

“You should watch news in the morning and not a damn celebrity news!”

Jongwoon told his sister, feeling angry because of his wife’s lie. He changes the channel and puts down the remote control on top of his desk before looking at Minho.

“You stay here and wait for me. I’m really going to grill you alive if I will not see you here after my meetings. I’m serious Choi Minho”

Jongwoon told his brother-in-law. He hits Minho’s so hard causing him to shout.

“OUCH! HYUNG! WHY ME?”

Minho shouts.

“Such a headache!”

Jongwoon told Minho before leaving his office.

“Seriously, he is mad at noona, so why hit me and not her?”

Minho asks while rubbing his aching . He looks at Dasom.

“Does hyung often hit you?”

Minho asks. Dasom shook her head.

“No. I’m such a spoiled little sister and for your information, oppa don’t hit girls”

Dasom told Minho.

“What are we going to do now?”

Minho asks, worrying about Jongwoon and Ryeowook. Dasom shook her head because she doesn’t know the answer.

“Are you not afraid that they will get divorce soon?”

Minho asks worriedly. Dasom shook her head.

“That thing will never happen. Oppa loves Wookie unnie so much and marriage is very sacred to him. So no matter what happen, I know that Jongwoonie oppa will never divorce Wookie unnie”

Dasom told Minho. She trusts her brother so much because she knows how much her brother loves his wife.

“Jongwoonie oppa will give up everything for Wookie unnie. So don’t worry, things will be back to normal between them”

Dasom told Minho before standing up. She gets her handbag on top of the desk.

“Where are you going?”

Minho asks.

“Leaving”

Dasom answers.

“Why?”

Minho asks. He doesn’t want Dasom to leave him alone because he is scared of Jongwoon.

“You heard oppa. He wants me to leave and that’s what I’m going to do. I’ll leave and you stay”

“But Dasom-ah, I’m scared of Jongwoonie hyung. He will grill me alive and that’s the reason why he wants me to stay, so please don’t leave me…don’t leave me alone”

Minho told Dasom, begging her to stay with him. Dasom shook her head.

“We both die if I stay here. We need to follow oppa. Don’t worry. He will not grill you alive, so just follow what he will tell you. I’ll see you soon”

Dasom told Minho. She gently pats Minho’s shoulder before walking towards the door.

“By the way…”

Dasom looks at Minho.

“I will have lunch later with Minnie and Taemin. One in the afternoon at Luxe Lounge. You can join us if you want”

Dasom happily infoms Minho.

“Can I?”

Minho asks. Dasom nods her head happily.

“Ok. I’ll be there for my Taemin”

Minho told Dasom with a bright smile on his lips.

“But before you go, can I ask what Taemin’s favorite flower?”

Minho asks curiously.

“Freesia”

Dasom answers. She waves her hand to Minho before leaving her brother’s office.

“Freesia”

Minho whispers. He giggles happily and quickly sits on Jongwoon’s chair. He opens the computer to research about Freesia and to order a beautiful bouquet of it for Taemin.

~~~

“I’ll leave everything to you and to Hara. Have fun in Jeju Island next week”

Kyuhyun told his best friend, teasing him. Sunggyu sighs and looks at Kyuhyun who is flashing a teasing smile.

“Let me remind you Kyu that Hara and I will go to Jeju Island to work. We’re not going there to have fun or to have vacation and of course…”

Sunggyu sighs softly before continuing.

“How will I enjoy if Hara is with me? Seriously, I really think that you plan everything”

Sunggyu told Kyuhyun who laughs softly.

“No”

Kyuhyun happily shook his head.

“It’s just that I really need to be in Australia next week. I can’t cancel that appointment. It involves a lot of money you know. So, I can’t join you and Hara in Jeju Island next week. I’m counting on you guys. It’s a big project and I know that you both know that. You and Hara need to do your best and beside…”

Kyuhyun flashes a smile.

“You need to be thankful to me because I’m giving you and Hara a chance to be alone together”

Kyuhyun told his best friend, teasing him happily.

“Why do you hate Hara that much huh? I’m really curious”

Kyuhyun asks, feeling curious.

“I don’t hate Hara”

Sunggyu shook his head.

“I like her but not as a girlfriend or future wife. I hate a nagger and a very talkative girl”

Sunggyu told Kyuhyun.

“Except for Minnie…she’s the only talkative girl that I like”

Sunggyu told his self while thinking about Sungmin, making him smile.

“You hate her as a girlfriend and as a future wife but you’re smiling as if you’re in love”

Kyuhyun told Sunggyu.

“Just court Hara and marry her or you’ll be single forever”

Kyuhyun teases his best friend. Sunggyu laughs softly.

“I rather be single for life than to marry Hara. My life will be chaotic if she will become my wife. I can’t imagine myself living with her. She will always nag, talk nonstop and complain about this and that. I hate noisy girls. So please stop playing cupid on us”

Sunggyu told Kyuhyun.

“But the more you hate the more you love”

Kyuhyun told Sunggyu, smiling at him.

“Shut up!”

Sunggyu frowns at his best friend, making him laugh.

“But anyway…”

Kyuhyun stops laughing. He composes his self before speaking.

“If you and Hara have concerns and you need anything, just tell it to Minnie. You also give the reports to her”

Kyuhyun told Sunggyu.

“She’s not coming with you in Australia?”

Sunggyu asks. Kyuhyun nods as an answer.

“She needs to stay here for Krystal”

“Let Krystal stay with Seulgi, so you can bring Minnie with you in Australia”

Sunggyu suggested. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Seulgi is busy with her work here. Minnie needs to do a lot of paperworks for me, so I can’t bring her with me in Australia”

Kyuhyun told Sunggyu.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Sungmin was busy doing some reports on the computer when someone went inside the room.

“Hi Minnie”

Sungmin stops what she’s doing when she hears a lovely voice. She looks around and found her husband’s ex-wife standing by the door, smiling at her.

“Oh! Hi there. Ah…what can I do for you?”

Sungmin asks, smiling at Seulgi.

“So, Kyu will really go out with her and with Krystal today?”

Sungmin thought.

“Is Kyu inside his office?”

Seulgi asks. Sungmin nods her head as an answer.

“Can I come in? Can I disturb him?”

Seulgi asks.

“Yes. His meeting with Mr. Kim and Ms. Goo is already finished. He and Mr. Kim are just having a happy chat with each other inside the office”

Sungmin informs her husband’s ex-wife.

“Thank you”

Seulgi told Sungmin who just smiles at her. Seulgi walks towards the door of Kyuhyun’s office. She knocks softly before going inside.

“Oh my gosh! Look who is here”

Sunggyu smiles upon seeing his close friend. Kyuhyun looks at his ex-wife, feeling surprised to see her.

“Miss me?”

Seulgi asks Sunggyu, smiling at him. Sunggyu stands up and walks towards Seulgi and gives her a sweet hug.

“Of course I do. It’s nice to see you again”

Sunggyu happily told Seulgi, feeling happy to see her after a long time. He stares at Seulgi who keeps on smiling sweetly.

“You look so beautiful”

“I’m always beautiful”

Seulgi told Sunggyu who gently pinches her nose.

“But you look different. I mean, your beauty looks different. Hmmm…let me guess…”

Sunggyu flashes a smile.

“I think you’re in love with someone or maybe you’re currently dating someone or you’re already in a relationship”

Sunggyu told Seulgi who just laughs softly while shaking her head.

“What do you think Kyu?”

Sunggyu asks Kyuhyun who is still staring at his ex-wife blankly, wondering why she’s in his company.

“Pabo! I’m just happy to be back here in South Korea after long years”

Seulgi told Sunggyu.

“I don’t believe you”

Sunggyu told Seulgi who just smiles at him.

“Why are you here?”

Kyuhyun asks his ex-wife.

“Our daughter called me earlier and told me to go here after my work. She told me that you want to see me. Why?”

Seulgi asks. Kyuhyun stares at his ex-wife blankly.

“Judging by your expression, it seems that our daughter is planning something that we both don’t know. Correct?”

Seulgi asks. Kyuhyun sighs softly.

“What did she tell you?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“She told me that she already made a reservation at Savory Bistro and to go here because you want to see me. She also told me that you’re the one who is going to explain everything. So, what’s going on?”

Seulgi asks, feeling confused. Sunggyu looks at Kyuhyun who snaps his fingers.

“Ah…I already remember. She wants to have lunch with us”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife.

“Seriously Cho Krystal, you’re such a brat. You even arrange everything so I can no longer say no”

Kyuhyun thought.

“You’re going to have lunch together with Krystal?”

Sunggyu asks. Kyuhyun nods his head as an answer.

“With Minnie?”

Sunggyu asks. Kyuhyun was about to answer when someone knocks softly on the door. Sungmin enters the office holding a beautiful bouquet of pink tulips.

“Flower delivery for you sir”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, carefully putting down the bouquet on top of Kyuhyun’s desk.

“Please sign here”

Sungmin gives the paper to Kyuhyun who quickly signs it.

“Wow! Such a beautiful bouquet”

Seulgi told Kyuhyun, wondering to whom Kyuhyun will give the bouquet. Kyuhyun notices Sunggyu staring at Sungmin.

“Are you going to join me and Kyu for lunch?”

Seulgi asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“Why not?”

Seulgi asks before looking at her ex-husband, frowning at him.

“How come Minnie won’t go with us?”

Seulgi asks.

“I have an appointment today. I actually promise my friends that I’m going to have lunch with them today, so I’m sorry because I can’t join you and Kyu for lunch”

Sungmin told Seulgi, avoiding Kyuhyun’s eyes.

“What’s with the flowers Kyu?”

Sunggyu asks.

“For Krystal?”

Sunggyu asks again. Kyuhyun shook his head. He actually order it for Sungmin as his way of saying sorry for having a fight with her earlier before they go to work. He really doesn’t have a plan to have lunch with his ex-wife and their daughter because he is planning to spend time with his wife, but Krystal ruins everything when she made a reservation at the Savory Bistro.

“It’s actually for Seulgi”

Kyuhyun told his best friend, giving the lovely bouquet of pink tulips to his ex-wife to make Sungmin jealous. He did that because he got irritated on how Sunggyu stares at Sungmin—he notices Sunggyu staring at Sungmin with love.

“Thanks Kyu. It’s so sweet”

Seulgi smiles sweetly at her ex-husband.

“I remember that pink tulip is your favorite flower”

Kyuhyun told Seulgi, making Sungmin jealous even more. Sungmin feels hurt at that moment, but she doesn’t show it to them.

“Let’s go. Maybe our daughter is already waiting for us”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife. He gets some documents on top of his desk and gives it to Sungmin.

“Please work on it after your lunch with your friends”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who is controlling her tears from falling. He gets his car key and leaves the office with Seulgi, leaving Sungmin with Sunggyu.

“Don’t be jealous. If you want I’ll just buy you a bouquet of pink tulips. More beautiful than her bouquet”

Sunggyu told Sungmin, trying to cheer her up. Sungmin looks at him and pouts.

“Just buy me a slice of cherry torte cake or maybe a chocolate. It will help make me feel better”

Sungmin told Sunggyu before leaving Kyuhyun’s office.

“Cho Kyuhyun is an ”

Sunggyu whispers. He just sighs softly and leaves the office quietly.

~~~

“Yah! Why do you keep on staring on your watch? Do you really need to check the time every minute? What’s wrong with you?”

Taemin asks Dasom, frowning at her. She can’t eat her lunch properly because Dasom keeps on staring on her watch every minute and it destructs her.

“Maybe he’s not coming”

Dasom told Taemin, sighing softly. She was actually waiting for Minho to arrive and join them for lunch.

“Who? Are you expecting someone? Taecyeon oppa?”

Taemin asks curiously. Dasom shook her head.

“My baby is in New York to attend a sports seminar with Coach Hae and some of his teammates. He’ll be back next week”

Dasom told Taemin.

“Then who are you expecting to arrive here?”

Taemin asks curiously. Dasom was about to answer when she notices Sungmin spacing out.

“Look at her”

Dasom told Taemin.

“Who?”

Taemin asks. Dasom looks at Sungmin. Taemin also looks at Sungmin who is very quiet ever since she arrives in Luxe Lounge. She looks sad and it seems that there is something that is bothering her.

“Hi there Cho Sungmin! Are you still with us?”

Dasom asks her best friend, snapping her fingers in front of her to catch her attention. Sungmin just stares at her best friend.

“Is there something wrong? I notice that you’re spacing out. You see darling. Taemin and I keep on talking here but it seems that you don’t even care about it. I mean…what’s wrong with you? Why are you like that?”

Dasom asks with concern in her voice. Sungmin shook her head.

“It’s nothing”

Sungmin answers sadly.

“Oh really?”

Dasom asks, raising an eyebrow. Sungmin slowly nods her head.

“I’m just tired because of work. Don’t mind me. I’m ok. Just continue chatting. I’m listening”

Sungmin told her girlfriends.

“Hmmm…”

Dasom leans her face closer to Sungmin.

“You and Kyu oppa fought”

Dasom told her best friend. Sungmin just stares at her. Dasom can see sadness in her best friend’s eyes.

“I know you so well Min. Don’t forget that we’re best friends and we’re like real siblings. You can never hide anything from me”

Dasom told Sungmin before sitting properly.

“So, I guess it right…right?”

Dasom asks, giving her best friend a concern look. Sungmin nods sadly.

“I knew it. You’re not going to be like that if it’s not about Kyu oppa. I mean…he is the source of your happiness and of course your sadness too”

Dasom told her best friend, feeling sad for her. She knows how much Sungmin loves Kyuhyun. She’s feeling sad whenever Sungmin is sad and crying because of Kyuhyun.

“Tell me what he did and I’ll break his bones”

Dasom told Sungmin. Taemin frowns at her.

“Yah! Stop being a war freak Kim Dasom. Don’t forget that Kyu oppa is our Minnie darling’s loving husband”

Taemin told Dasom.

“I don’t care. He hurt our Minnie darling, so he needs to learn a lesson”

Dasom told Taemin, arguing with her.

“What really happen?”

Taemin asks Sungmin with concern in her voice.

“I think Kyu doesn’t really love me”

Sungmin told her girlfriends sadly, controlling her tears from falling. She was thinking about Kyuhyun and his date with his ex-wife.

“What the hell?”

Taemin asks.

“He is having a date with his ex-wife right now”

Sungmin told them, feeling jealous.

“WHAT?”

Dasom and Taemin shout in unison.

“Ex-wife…she’s here? I mean…how?”

Dasom asks, feeling surprised to hear that Seulgi is in South Korea.

“Easy. She books a flight. Get inside the plane and arrived here. It’s so simple”

Taemin told Dasom.

“Pabo! That’s not what I mean ok. I’m curious why the ex-wife is here. To reclaim what is hers before?”

Dasom asks.

“Since when did she arrive here?”

Taemin asks. Sungmin takes a deep breath and looks at her girlfriends who are also looking at her, waiting for her to speak.

“She arrives yesterday. Mother-in-law invited us for dinner yesterday in the Choi mansion and she’s there and today…she and Kyu go out for lunch and not only that, Kyu gives her a bouquet of pink tulips. It turns out that my favorite flower is also her favorite flower. I thought that bouquet is for me. I’m expecting him to say sorry for what happen yesterday night and for throwing a fight with me early in the morning, but I was wrong”

Sungmin told her girlfriends sadly.

“Another thing is Kyu thinks that I hate his daughter and that I’m just pretending to like her. I really don’t know what to do anymore. Kyu and I just keep on fighting after our family vacation with Krystal. We’re just a newlywed couple and we’re already like this…it’s just sad, but it seems that Kyu doesn’t care. I’m thinking that he really doesn’t love me at all just like what mother-in-law and Krystal keep on telling me”

Sungmin told them, feeling her heart aching because of sadness. She’s feeling like that because she’s jealous with Seulgi. She feels intimidated because Sunhwa likes Seulgi that much even though she’s no longer the wife of Kyuhyun. She’s feeling so small because she’s nothing compare to Seulgi. She’s thinking that maybe Sunhwa and Krystal are right. Kyuhyun doesn’t really love her and that he still loves his ex-wife—she’s feeling like that because it seems that Kyuhyun doesn’t even care about her at all. She’s feeling like that because Kyuhyun is the one that makes her feel like that.

“And you believe them?”

Taemin asks. Sungmin nods her head.

“Because Kyu—“

“You’re just jealous and that’s why you’re feeling like that”

Dasom told her best friend, interrupting her from speaking.

“Don’t let your jealousy affect your mind and your heart. Don’t listen to your evil witch mother-in-law and to your evil step-daughter. They are not Kyu oppa and they don’t hold Kyu oppa’s heart. Don’t ever listen to them or to any other people who will tell you that your husband doesn’t really love you. They are just trying to ruin your marriage to him because they hate you for him. You only believe on what your husband will tell you because you’re married to him and not to your mother-in-law or step-daughter”

Dasom told Sungmin, hoping that she can help her best friend to clear her mind. Taemin nods her head, agreeing to Dasom.

“Dasom is right. Never let other people to ruin your marriage to Kyu oppa and never let them decide for you and for him”

Taemin told Sungmin.

“But of course, the best way to solve the problem is to talk to each other…just like what Aunt Taeyeon keeps on telling us. Find a perfect time to talk with Kyu oppa. I’m sure that he will listen. Tell him everything that’s inside your heart, so he will know how you feel”

Dasom told Sungmin. She holds her best friend’s hand.

“I know that the situation is hard for you because you’re Kyu oppa’s second wife. But don’t worry because things will change. Just trust your husband and always believe that he loves you so much. Don’t let your evil with mother-in-law and step-daughter win”

Dasom told Sungmin.

“And don’t be too good. Sometimes you also need to fight with them”

Taemin told Sungmin because Sungmin is the type of person who don’t argue or fight with other people. Sungmin is the type of person who is so good and who will only cry if someone will hurt her and throw a fight with her.

“But don’t worry because Dasom is always there to grill your mother-in-law and step-daughter alive”

Taemin told Sungmin.

“Taemin is right. I’m really going to slash them into pieces just tell me when ok”

“Dasom”

Sungmin pouts at her best friend.

“What?”

Dasom asks.

“They are my family now and I love them even though they hate me, so don’t be rude to them”

“I’m not being rude Min. I’m just reminding you that they should not mess up with you or they will really get it. Your mother-in-law should be very careful on how she treats you because she doesn’t know whom she’s messing around if she hurts you and treat you badly. You should tell her that”

Dasom told Sungmin.

“So scary”

Taemin told them while staring at Dasom’s serious expression.

“You’re not declaring war with Min’s mother-in-law, right?”

Taemin asks.

“About to declare a war if she will continue to treat Min badly”

Dasom told Taemin.

“Dasom, stop that”

Sungmin shook her head.

“Just don’t mind Sunhwa umma. I’ll be fine, so don’t worry about me. Don’t forget that Jongwoonie oppa is Wookie unnie’s husband. If you pull the trigger first, it will be a big chaos and Jongwoonie oppa will surely be caught in the middle”

Sungmin told her best friend, reminding her that Jongwoon is married to Ryeowook.

“Min got a point. Wookie unnie is a Cho, so it will really be a big chaos if you declare war to her mother”

Taemin told Dasom who suddenly frowns.

“Aish! I seriously hate your mother-in-law! I suddenly become curious how on earth Jongwoonie oppa manage to get well along with that evil witch”

Dasom told Sungmin.

“I know that you’re concern. I’m ok. I’ll be fine”

Sungmin told Dasom, flashing a smile so that her best friend will stop worrying about her. She’s really afraid that Dasom will use her power as a Kim in order to have revenge against Sunhwa and Sungmin doesn’t want to cause a chaos between the Kim, Cho-Choi family.

“I’m always grateful that you and Taemin-ah are always here for me”

Sungmin told her girlfriends happily.

“Just tell me if I need to shave the hair of Kyu oppa’s ex-wife. I’m willing to do it for you and it will be an honor”

Dasom told her best friend, flashing an evil smile.

“Dasom”

Sungmin shook her head while pouting at her best friend.

“I can help you darling. We can do it together”

Taemin told Dasom. They both laugh and give each other a high five.

“Seriously…”

Sungmin sighs softly.

“You guys are crazy”

Sungmin told them before laughing softly.

“Anyway, before anything else…”

Sungmin looks at Dasom curiously.

“Who is the person that you’re waiting to arrive here?”

Sungmin asks upon remembering the conversation of Dasom and Taemin earlier.

“Ah”

Dasom flashes a smile.

“Your brother-in-law”

Dasom happily answers before staring at Taemin with a bright smile on her lips.

“And what is that supposed to mean?”

Taemin asks.

“Well…”

Dasom stops talking when one of the waiters of the restaurant approaches their table.

“Flowers for Ms. Lee Taemin”

The waiters told them. Dasom and Sungmin both point their fingers on Taemin who looks surprised because someone is giving her a lovely bouquet of colorful Freesias.

“Thank you”

Taemin told the waiter who hands her the lovely bouquet. The waiter bows at them before walking away.

“Our Professor Taemin got herself an admirer huh?”

Dasom teases Taemin.

“Admirer? Do you think receiving a lovely bouquet always mean that a person has an admirer?”

Taemin asks.

“Why will you receive a lovely bouquet if you don’t have an admirer? Why? Are you already dead to receive a lovely bouquet like that huh?”

Dasom asks, raising an eyebrow. Sungmin starts laughing.

“Kim Dasom! Cho Sungmin!”

Taemin frowns at her girlfriends who are so happy to .

“Just look for a card so we know who sends you the lovely bouquet”

Sungmin told Taemin, smiling at her. She and Dasom look at each other while smiling brightly because they already have an idea who sends the lovely bouquet.

“Found it”

Taemin told them, happily showing the card to them. She opens it and reads it aloud so her girlfriends can hear it.

 

To Taemin my love…

I’m really sorry if I can’t join you today in lunch. You see. Jongwoonie hyung is not yet back from his meeting in Busan and he told me to wait for him. I just decided to send you a lovely bouquet of your favorite flower, so you will not miss me that much. Have fun with Dasom and my beautiful Minnie noona. Eat well and see you in our literature class. I miss you so much. I love you so much. Always remember that.

 

Your soon to be husband,

The handsome Choi Minho

 

Taemin frowns at her girlfriends who keep on laughing.

“What the hell is that? Why is he so proud of his self? He even dare to call his self as my soon to be husband. Who told him that I’m going to marry him? Where on earth did he get his confidence huh?”

Taemin asks.

“Don’t reject him. He loves you and he is serious”

Dasom told Taemin. Sungmin nods her head, agreeing to her best friend.

“It’s all your fault guys”

Taemin told them.

“Why us?”

Sungmin asks.

“Yah! You give my contact number to him and Dasom was the one who give him my schedules in Seoul University and that’s the reason why he enrolled in one of my literature classes”

Taemin told them, still frowning.

“I did that because he likes you”

Sungmin told Taemin.

“And he really means it, that’s why I gave your schedules to him”

Dasom explains.

“Give it a try. There’s nothing wrong if you give him a chance”

Dasom told Taemin. Sungmin nods in agreement.

“Dasom is right. Give my brother-in-law a chance”

Sungmin told Taemin, hoping that she will not reject Minho.

“Why should I? That man is a playboy. He is the soccer player who always has a scandal when it comes to girls”

Taemin told them, shaking her head.

“That was before. He already change now, so give him a chance”

Sungmin told Taemin, trying her best to convince her.

“Min is right. Give him a chance and so that you will already have a love life or else you will really grow old alone as in forever alone”

Dasom told Taemin.

“I rather be alone forever than to have a headache for the rest of my life because of having a playboy husband”

Taemin told them.

“Oh really? Hmmmm…let’s see”

Dasom told Taemin, teasing her happily.

“Whatever Kim Dasom and Cho Sungmin. When I say no it means no as in no and no…no way”

Taemin told them.

“WE DON’T BELIEVE YOU!”

Sungmin and Dasom shout in unison, smiling brightly at Taemin.

“Whatever. Just finish eating ok”

Taemin told them, sighing softly before continuing her lunch. Dasom and Sungmin smile at each other before eating their lunch, feeling excited for the progress of Minho and Taemin’s love story.

~~~

*KIM MANSION (Incheon, South Korea) *

 

Sohee arrives a litte bit early from work. The head maid welcomes her with a smile on her lips.

“You’re early today ma’am”

The head maid told Sohee who gives her things to her nanny before sitting in the living room.

“I’m feeling lazy today and I’m tired. I want to relax”

Sohee told the head maid.

“OMO! Are you pregnant ma’am?”

The head maid asks. Sohee laughs softly.

“Ahjumma, you’re hallucinating”

Sohee told the head maid.

“I’m just tired because of work. I have a lot of patients everyday and I’m doing a lot of research and I’m also thinking a lot of things. I can’t sleep properly because of thinking about Jongwoonie and Wookie. I’m afraid that they will end up getting a divorce. I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want them to end up like Hani unnie and Junsu oppa”

Sohee told the head maid, worrying about her son and her daughter-in-law.

“Don’t think too much ma’am. Young master Jongwoon loves young lady so much”

“I know. You see. Hani unnie and Junsu oppa love each other too so much, but they still end up getting a divorce. It seems that my daughter-in-law doesn’t want to have a baby…just like my older sister”

Sohee told the head maid sadly. Ahn Heeyeon or Hani for short is Sohee’s older sister and Heechul’s best friend. She’s the one who introduce Sohee to Heechul and she’s the one who becomes Heechul’s bridge in courting Sohee. Hani got married two years after Heechul and Sohee’s wedding. She marries her long time fiancé, Kim Junsu whom she met in Italy. Hani is a flight stewardess while Junsu is a CEO. They got divorce after three years of being husband and wife because they are both busy with their careers and because Hani doesn’t want to have a baby.

“But ma’am, young master and young lady are different from Ma’am Hani and Sir Junsu. I know that they are both busy, but they love each other so much and they value their marriage so much. Don’t think too much. Everything will be fine between them”

The head maid told Sohee, hoping that she will not worry too much about Jongwoon and Ryeowook.

“If you want to relax, maybe you and Sir Heechul should go on a vacation”

The head maid suggested. Sohee shook her head.

“He is so busy like his son. I really want to grill them alive. Dasom and I keep on planning for a family vacation, but because Chul and Jongwoonie are always busy we always end up cancelling the vacation plan”

Sohee told the head maid, sighing sadly.

“But anyway ma’am…”

Sohee looks at the head maid who is smiling at her.

“Before I forgot…you’re beautiful and lovely daughter-in-law is here”

The head maid told Sohee, making her smile brightly.

“She just arrives fifteen minutes before you arrive here. She’s inside the kitchen, preparing the groceries that she bought. She told us that she will bake a cake and cook dinner for tonight”

The head maid informs Sohee who quickly stands up. Sohee went in the kitchen and saw her daughter-in-law busy preparing the ingredients for the dark chocolate almond cheesecake that she will be baking as a dessert for their dinner.

“Wookie sweetheart”

Ryeowook stops what she’s doing upon hearing a familiar voice. She raises her head and found her mother-in-law standing by the door, smiling brightly at her.

“Hi mom! Surprise!”

Ryeowook happily told her mother-in-law, feeling happy to see her. Sohee quickly walks towards her and gives her a sweet hug.

“I’m so happy to see you sweetheart. I miss you so much. I’m sure that love will also be happy to see you”

Sohee told Ryeowook before letting go of her. Ryeowook smiles sweetly at her mother-in-law.

“I miss you too so much mom and of course dad. I can’t wait to see him. It’s been a long time since I last see you and dad and visit here. You see. I didn’t tell anyone that I’m going to visit today because I want to surprise everyone. I’ll be the one who will cook our dinner for tonight. I already texted Dasom to inform her that we’re going to have family dinner here. She’s on her way now”

Ryeowook happily told Sohee.

“How about Jongwoonie?”

Sohee asks.

“Oh! I think I need to start baking the cake now because I still need to cook a lot for our dinner later”

Ryeowook told Sohee, avoiding the topic about her husband.

“Sweetheart, I know what happen. Dasom told me that you and Jongwoonie fought”

Sohee told Ryeowook. She holds Ryeowook’s hand.

“Come. Let’s go in the living room and talk”

Sohee told her daughter-in-law.

“But mom…”

“Don’t worry about the cake and the dinner. Dasom and I will help you later”

Sohee told Ryeowook, pulling her daughter-in-law with her as she goes in the living room.

“Sit”

Sohee instructed. Ryeowook obeys her.

“Now. Tell me what happen”

Sohee told Ryeowook before sitting beside her. Ryeowook looks at her mother-in-law, giving her a sad face. She feels sad because she and Jongwoon are not okay again and she’s also feeling upset because Jongwoon is not answering her calls and text messages.

“Jongwoonie and I fought”

“Was it because of the birth control pills?”

Sohee asks nervously. Ryeowook nods as an answer.

“OMO! I’m really sorry sweetheart. I don’t know that he doesn’t know that you’re taking birth control pills”

Sohee told Ryeowook sadly. She suddenly blames herself for Jongwoon and Ryeowook’s misunderstanding.

“Mom, don’t be like that”

Ryeowook shook her head.

“It’s my fault, so please don’t blame yourself. I should have talked to him first before doing it”

Ryeowook told Sohee sadly, feeling sorry for what she did.

“I really don’t want to hide it from him, but I need to because I know that he will not agree with it and we’re just going to end up fighting. But then…”

Ryeowook sighs sadly.

“He still found out and we end up fighting. I made the situation bad. My Jongwoonie honey really hates me so much this time”

Ryeowook told her mother-in-law with teary eyes.

“Bumblebee told me that Jongwoonie sends you away from home. Where are you staying now?”

Sohee asks with concern in her voice. She’s worried about her daughter-in-law.

“I am the one who runs away from home. It’s just that Jongwoonie didn’t stop me from leaving this time and he told everyone not to accept me in their houses and that’s why Dasom is saying that Jongwoonie send me away from home”

Ryeowook explains, clearing the issue to her mother-in-law.

“But don’t worry mom because I’m currently staying in Minho’s condominium. He let me stay there eventhough Jongwoonie threatens him that he will grill him alive if he will accept me in his condominium. Minho can never say no to me”

Ryeowook told her mother-in-law. Sohee sighs in relief upon knowing that Ryeowook is safe and she’s staying with her step-brother in his condominium.

“Just stay here, so love and I can watch over you. You know that you’re always welcome here, so just stay here sweetheart”

Sohee told her daughter-in-law, holding her hands. Ryeowook smiles at her mother-in-law.

“As much as I want to stay here mom, but I can’t because your house is far from my agency. I’m going to have a hard time driving and my schedules usually end so late. You and dad will only worry about me everyday and I don’t want that to happen”

Ryeowook told her mother-in-law.

“Driver ahjusshi can drive for you”

Sohee offers, but Ryeowook shook her head.

“Don’t worry mom. I’m ok. Minho will take care of me and Jongwoonie will surely get mad if I stay here. He will think that I’m involving you and dad in our marital problems”

Ryeowook explains. Sohee looks at her sadly.

“Mom, don’t worry about me and Jongwoonie. We can fix this. Just give us time and we’re going to be okay again. I promise you. Jongwoonie and I will be fine and everything will be alright between us”

Ryeowook told her mother-in-law, hoping that she will not worry too much about her and Jongwoon.

“I just feel sad because Jongwoonie doesn’t answer my calls and my text messages. He hates me that much. He doesn’t even want to fetch me just like what he’s doing before whenever I’m running away from home because I hate him and because of fighting. He doesn’t lure me anymore”

Ryeowook told her mother-in-law, almost crying. She feels sad because it seems that Jongwoon is no longer sweet towards her and he is no longer the man that he used to be before. Ryeowook thinks that her husband already change, but what she doesn’t realise is she’s the one who is being aloof towards her husband because of loving her career more than him.

“What will I do mom? Do you think Jongwoonie is no longer attracted to me? I mean…he doesn’t love me anymore…just like the way he loves me before. What if he is planning to divorce me soon?”

Ryeowook asks, feeling paranoid because Jongwoon is avoiding her. Sohee shook her head, feeling worried.

“Don’t think like that sweetheart. Jongwoonie will not divorce you. He loves you so much and he values marriage a lot. Marriage is very sacred for him, so he wouldn’t divorce you. Maybe he’s just busy and that’s why he can’t answer your phone calls and text messages. You know him. He is always busy because of work. He has a lot of companies to manage”

Sohee told her daughter-in-law so she will not think negatively. Ryeowook shook her head.

“He always finds time with me no matter how busy he is. He doesn’t want to understand me anymore and that’s why we keep on fighting. He doesn’t want to listen to me anymore. He is being selfish mom and maybe because he doesn’t love me anymore”

“Sweetheart…”

Sohee sighs softly.

“I’m going to offer you something”

Sohee told Ryeowook who looks at her curiously.

“I already told this to Jongwoonie, but he doesn’t want”

“What is it mom?”

Ryeowook asks. Sohee holds her daughter-in-law’s beautiful face between her hands.

“I really think that you and Jongwoonie need counseling”

Sohee told Ryeowook before letting go of her beautiful face.

“For?”

Ryeowook asks.

“Marriage. Love and I think that your marriage with our Jongwoonie is no longer healthy because of your busy schedules. Maybe a little counseling will bring everything back to normal…just like before”

Sohee told Ryeowook.

“Please give it a try”

Sohee told Ryeowook who is already thinking about it.

“I don’t know mom”

“Please”

Sohee begs.

“You see. I can’t stop thinking about you and Jongwoonie. If you love me you will say yes because I’m really going to die early because of thinking and worrying too much about you and Jongwoonie”

“Mom, I told you not to worry because Jongwoonie and I will be fine soon. We’re going to fix this. No need to worry about us”

“Sweetheart…”

Sohee holds her daughter-in-law’s hands and stares at her sadly.

“Don’t tell me not to worry because I am a mother and every mother always wants what is the best for their kids. You can never tell a mom not to worry because it’s in our nature to worry about the welfare of our kids”

Sohee told her daughter-in-law who looks at her sadly.

“I don’t want you and Jongwoonie to end up just like Hani unnie and Junsu oppa”

Sohee told Ryeowook with worried voice. Ryeowook shook her head.

“We’re not going to be like them mom”

Ryeowook told her mother-in-law, slowly shaking her head.

“No marriage is perfect. I know that Jongwoonie and I are fighting all the time, but we love each other. Our marriage is very important to us. I’m going to admit that sometimes, we’re talking about getting a divorce…”

Ryeowook pauses for the meantime to wipe the tears that fall from her eyes. Sohee starts rubbing Ryeowook’s back gently to comfort her. She can feel her daughter-in-law’s sadness and she hopes that the couple can already fix their misunderstanding soon because she doesn’t want to see them sad.

“But Jongwoonie and I end up crying whenever we’re talking about that thing. We can’t imagine ourselves living without each other. We don’t want to be away from each other. So don’t worry about us mom. Jongwoonie and I will never end up just like Aunt Hani and Uncle Junsu. It will never happen to us”

Ryeowook told her mother-in-law, trying to smile eventhough she’s feeling sad because of missing her husband so much.

“About that counseling…”

Ryeowook nods her head before continuing.

“I’ll talk to Jongwoonie about it. We’re going to give it a try. I will try my best to convince Jongwoonie”

Ryeowook told her mother-in-law, making her smile.

“It will help you and Jongwoon to understand each other more”

Sohee told her daughter-in-law. Heechul arrives from work. He was surprised to see his daughter-in-law with his wife in the living room.

“Wookie sweetheart, when did you arrive?”

Heechul asks, feeling happy to see his lovely daughter-in-law. Ryeowook smiles at her father-in-law.

“Hi dad. I’m back. I miss you”

Ryeowook happily told her father-in-law. Heechul puts down his things on top of the couch before walking towards them. He gives Sohee a sweet peck on her lips before hugging Ryeowook sweetly.

“It’s good to see you sweetheart. I miss you so much”

Heechul told Ryeowook.

“So, where have you been huh? I can’t believe that your husband doesn’t even know where you are”

Heechul told his daughter-in-law before sitting beside her, making Ryeowook in between him and Sohee.

“I’ve been to many countries dad for my work. I just arrive yesterday”

Ryeowook told her father-in-law who suddenly claps his hands.

“Perfect timing!”

Heechul happily told them. Sohee and Ryeowook stare at him curiously.

“Why?”

Ryeowook asks curiously. Heechul smiles at them.

“Yoona visited me in my office at Kim Corporation. She invited me for dinner at Shilla Hotel and I said yes”

“WHAT?”

Sohee raises her voice upon hearing her husband.

“Why did you say yes?”

Sohee asks, frowning at Heechul.

“Why? There’s nothing wrong if we have dinner with her. I already say yes, so she will already stop insisting. You know her. She can be irritated sometimes whenever she wants something”

Heechul explains.

“You should call our bumblebee and our Jongwoonie. You see. Our son keeps on rejecting my call. I can’t contact him. What is wrong with that kid?”

Heechul asks. Sohee starts mumbling something, trying to tell her husband that Ryeowook and Jongwoon are not in good term.

“What? I can’t hear you love. Will you please talk louder?”

Heechul told his wife, trying to understand what she’s telling him. Sohee hits Heechul’s arm.

“Ouch! What is wrong with you? Was it a sin not to understand you? How can I understand what you’re—“

“Your son and daughter-in-law fought!”

Sohee quickly told Heechul, stopping him from talking.

“What? But why?”

Heechul asks worriedly.

“That’s why you need to cancel the dinner ok”

Sohee told her husband. Heechul shook his head.

“But love, I already say yes. It will be uncourteous if we—“

“KIM HEECHUL!!!”

Sohee shouts and frowns at her husband.

“It’s ok mom. Let’s have dinner with her. Dad is right. It will be uncourteous if we will cancel it. She might think that we don’t want to see her. I don’t want this to become an issue between her and us”

Ryeowook told her mother-in-law. Heechul nods his head, agreeing to his daughter-in-law.

“See? Our Wookie sweetheart understands me. So please call our Jongwoonie and our bumblebee now and tell them that we’re going to have dinner with Yoona so they can prepare for it”

Heechul told his wife.

“Don’t worry about bumblebee because she’s already on her way here. As for Jongwoon…”

Sohee looks at Ryeowook.

“Jongwoonie will not go. I know him so well mom and dad. He will not show up even though we tell him about it. He is mad at me and Jongwoonie doesn’t go to any event or occasion that he knows he will see me unless he already misses his ex-fiancee that much and want to see her so badly”

Ryeowook told her parents-in-law, hoping that Jongwoon will not show up. She doesn’t want her husband to see his ex-fiancee. She’s jealous of Yoona and her heart will break if she will see Jongwoon and Yoona seeing each other again.

“I think I need to go in Jongwoonie’s room now and prepare myself for the dinner with my husband’s ex-fiancee. I can’t wait to see her again”

Ryeowook told her in-laws, pouting at them.

“Please excuse me mom and dad”

Ryeowook told them. She stands up and leaves the living room. She goes upstairs to prepare herself for the dinner with Yoona. Sohee hits Heechul’s arm.

“Ouch! Love…”

Heechul pouts cutely at his wife.

“You know that she’s jealous of Yoona. You should ask for Jongwoon’s permission first before you say yes to Yoona. Kim Heechul, you will really get it if Wookie and Jongwoonie fought because of Yoona”

Sohee told her husband. She stands up and frowns at Heechul before leaving him alone inside the living room.

“What is wrong with them? Why are they so moody?”

Heechul asks, rubbing his arm.

“Girls are really hard to understand sometimes especially their mood swings. Aish!”

Heechul told his self.

~~~

Kyuhyun went out of his office holding his car key. He looks at his wife who is sitting on her chair while busy writing on her planner.

“Min baby”

Sungmin’s heart jumps because of fear. She raises her head and looks at her husband.

“Sir! Do you really love scaring me?”

Sungmin asks, frowning at Kyuhyun.

“Oh! Sorry about that baby. I didn’t mean to scare you”

Kyuhyun told his wife. He walks towards her desk.

“I just want to ask if you’re already done with your work”

Kyuhyun told his wife.

“Not yet. I’m currently writing your schedules for the next two weeks. Why sir? Do you need something?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Ah…”

Kyuhyun stops talking and stares at Sungmin. He knows that his wife is mad at him. Of course Sungmin is mad because of making her jealous with Seulgi.

“Yes sir?”

Sungmin asks.

“You can finish that later. We need to go now”

Kyuhyun told his wife. He plans something special for her to apologize for what he did earlier.

“Go? Where?”

Sungmin asks curiously.

“We have an appointment tonight in JW Marriott Hotel”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“But sir, you still have a meeting later at seven thirty with Ms. Bae and her team for the advertisement of the new resort of Mr. Kim in Jeju Island”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, reminding him about his meeting. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Don’t worry about it. I already cancel it. I told Suzy that we’re going to have the meeting after my trip in Sydney and Melbourne next week. Jongwoon and I already talk about it. He is the one who told me to cancel the meeting because he still needs to finalize everything for the advertisement of his new resort. We will talk about it next week since we will see each other in Sydney”

Kyuhyun explains.

“So pack your things now or else we will be late in our appointment. It’s important you know”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin nods her head. She puts her things inside her handbag before standing up. She was about to leave when Kyuhyun holds her hand, stopping her from leaving the room without him.

“We should go together”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin tries her best to pull her hand away from her husband’s grip, but Kyuhyun doesn’t want to let go of it.

“Min, stop being a hardheaded girl ok”

Kyuhyun told his wife.

“Let me hold your hand. We should leave together”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who just frowns at him.

“Please”

Kyuhyun told his wife, but she just ignores him.

“Fine”

Kyuhyun let go of Sungmin’s hand. Sungmin didn’t say a word and leaves the room without her husband.

“You’re really stupid Cho Kyuhyun. Aish!”

Kyuhyun told his self. He sighs softly and leaves the room quietly.

~~~

Kyuhyun is having a quiet dinner with his wife. The drive to JW Marriott Hotel is a bit awkward because Sungmin is not talking. She’s been quiet since they left the company. Kyuhyun tries his best to talk to her, but Sungmin remains quiet and cold towards him.

“You don’t like the food? Do you want us to order something?”

Kyuhyun asks when he notices that his wife is not yet eating. Sungmin was just staring at him quietly.

“Why? Is there something wrong baby? Do you want to tell me something?”

Kyuhyun asks before taking a sip on his wine.

“I’m just curious”

Sungmin speaks in a soft voice. Kyuhyun stares at her, waiting for her to continue speaking.

“You told me that we have an appointment here. Why are we the only people inside this room? Do you have a meeting here or something? What kind of appointment do we have here?”

Sungmin asks curiously.

“You really don’t know?”

Kyuhyun asks, controlling his self from smiling. He thinks that his wife is really innocent sometimes.

“Will I ask if I know?”

Sungmin asks, raising an eyebrow.

“We don’t have an appointment to other people. The appointment that I’m talking about is this…us…having dinner together”

Kyuhyun told his wife who suddenly frowns at him.

“Liar. You tricked me so I’ll come with you. Is that it?”

Sungmin asks, frowning at her husband. Kyuhyun sighs softly.

“I’m sorry Min. It’s just that…”

Kyuhyun pauses for the meantime. He holds Sungmin’s hand and softly kisses it.

“I’m really sorry baby. I know that you’re mad at me. I just don’t know how to apologize for what I did earlier. I know that I made you jealous with my ex-wife. I’m sorry for doing that stupid thing and I’m sorry for always fighting with you and for hurting you”

Kyuhyun told his wife, apologizing to her with all his heart.

“I just want to make it up to you and having dinner together like this is not bad, right? I can also spend my time with you, right?”

Kyuhyun asks his wife, hoping that she will already forgive him. He doesn’t want them to fight for a long time and he doesn’t want to leave for his business trip in Sydney and Melbourne without fixing his misunderstanding with his wife. He wants them to be okay before he leaves next week.

“All I want is a simple and sincere sorry. You know that. I still prefer to have a picnic at the Han River Park rather than having a fancy dinner here. I don’t need luxury in life. All I want is you…your time, your love and your attention”

Sungmin told her husband.

“I know that you’re always busy with your work and with other things, but I hope you also learn to give me some of your time. I’m sorry if I’m asking too much, but please learn to treat me as your wife and not just an ordinary woman. I hope you also show me that you care especially when I am hurt”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun with teary eyes.

“I’m sorry baby. I didn’t mean to make you feel jealous of Seulgi. It’s just that I am jealous”

“Jealous? I’m the one who supposed to tell you that Mr. Cho!”

Sungmin told her husband, frowning at him again.

“I’m jealous of Sunggyu”

“Again? You’re jealous of whom?”

Sungmin asks. She just can’t believe that her husband is still jealous of his best friend.

“Kyu, how many times do I need to tell you that Sunggyu oppa and I are just—“

“I hate the way he looks at you. I’m jealous of him because he always makes you smile and laugh. It seems that you’re always happy when you’re with him. You laugh in his corny jokes and you two are so close to each other. He looks at you with love and treats you so special. Can you not notice those things?”

Kyuhyun asks his wife. Sungmin shook her head. She never notices those simple but special things that Sunggyu do for her because she will always see him as an older brother and a friend.

“I think he likes you more than a friend. I can feel that he has hidden feelings for you and that’s why I’m jealous of him whenever I will see him staring at you and whenever you two are together”

Kyuhyun told his wife, confessing what is inside his heart and mind. He wants his wife to know his true feelings and how jealous he is towards Sunggyu.

“You’re just jealous and that’s why you’re thinking something weird. Kyu, Sunggyu oppa is the only friend that I have in your company. The people who are working in your company hate me so much, especially those girls who like you. They hate me because I am your wife. I don’t have any other friends there beside Sunggyu oppa and you know it very well”

Sungmin explains. Kyuhyun nods his head. He knows that some employees of Cho Media Group hate Sungmin, especially those girls who like him because they think that Sungmin just seduce him in order for him to marry her.

“You know that you’re the only one that I love. Please stop being jealous of Sunggyu oppa”

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun didn’t speak. He just drinks his wine.

“Do you not trust me enough and that’s why you’re like that?”

Sungmin asks, feeling hurt. Kyuhyun remains quiet.

“We’re not going to fix this problem if you will not trust me. I love you Kyu…so much…please believe me. I never lie to you and you know that. I don’t want my closeness and my friendship with Sunggyu oppa become an issue in our married life”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, giving him a sad look.

“Please promise me that you’re not going to be jealous of Sunggyu oppa anymore. I don’t want you to be jealous of him because I don’t want you to feel like that. It will only make me feel sad knowing that you’re jealous of someone because it means that I’m hurting you and I don’t want to hurt you”

Sungmin told her husband sadly. She doesn’t want Kyuhyun to be jealous of someone because she always wants her husband to always feel her love for him. She doesn’t want her husband to feel hurt because of her.

“Okay”

Kyuhyun takes a deep breath and nods his head.

“I promise. I won’t get jealous of him anymore”

Kyuhyun told his wife, making her smile somehow. He knows that he will have a hard time fulfilling that promise because he can be a possessive brat sometimes and that’s the reason why he gets jealous easily, but for Sungmin, he will try his best. He will try his best not to be jealous of Sunggyu because he loves Sungmin and he doesn’t want her to feel hurt because of him.

“By the way, I have something for you baby”

Kyuhyun told his wife happily. Sungmin just stares at him curiously, wondering what is that “something”. Kyuhyun calls the waiter who brings the beautiful bouquet of pink tulips inside the room and gives it to Sungmin who suddenly frowns so hard.

“I hate pink tulips!!!”

Sungmin told her husband, giving the bouquet to him. She actually wants to throw the beautiful flowers on Kyuhyun’s face because of anger, but she’s not that evil to do that thing.

“I thought you love pink tulip? You’re the one who told me that pink tulip is your favo—“

“You’re the reason why I already hate the flower that I used to love!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun angrily, controlling her tears from falling. She suddenly hates her favorite flower because of what Kyuhyun did earlier.

“Are you really that insensitive huh Kyu?”

Sungmin asks with teary eyes. She can’t believe that her husband will already forget what he did earlier.

“No”

Kyuhyun answers, slowly shaking his head. Of course he remembers everything. He can never forget his stupidity.

“I’m sorry baby. Let me explain”

Kyuhyun told his wife. He takes a deep breath and stares at his wife who is still frowning at him.

“I know that you hate me because of what I did earlier. The truth is that lovely bouquet of pink tulips is for you. I order it for you to apologize for throwing a fight with you. But because I become jealous of Sunggyu, I end up giving the flowers to Seulgi, making you feel jealous of her. I did that on purpose and I’m really sorry for being a narrow-minded, stupid or whatever you call it”

Kyuhyun explains. He holds Sungmin’s hand and places it on his cheek.

“You can slap me now. I wouldn’t get mad at you. I know that you hate me, so it’s ok if you slap me hard. I deserve it anyway”

Kyuhyun told his wife, getting ready to be slap by her. Sungmin pinches Kyuhyun’s nose instead of slapping his cheek.

“Ouch! Min that’s enough!”

Kyuhyun told his wife, trying his best to remove Sungmin’s fingers away from his nose.

“Pabo! Cho Kyuhyun is a smart fool!”

Sungmin told her husband before letting go of his nose.

“I told you to slap me and not to pinch my nose”

Kyuhyun told his wife with teary eyes, rubbing his aching nose.

“Do that again and you’ll get more than that!”

Sungmin told her husband, frowning at him.

“Min…”

“Hmmm?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun moves closer to her.

“I’m sorry. Am I forgiven?”

Kyuhyun asks, hoping that his wife is no longer mad at him. Sungmin nods. She places her hand on Kyuhyun’s cheek and starts caressing it gently.

“You know that I can never stay mad at you for a long time. I’m just waiting for you to say sorry. Please don’t make me jealous like that again. I know that Seulgi became a part of your life because she’s your—“

Kyuhyun captures Sungmin’s lips, kissing her softly to stop her from talking. Sungmin quickly pulls back before the kiss becomes passionate.

“Why? You don’t want me kissing you? Are you still afraid of me?”

Kyuhyun asks, teasing his wife. Sungmin shook her head.

“I’m not afraid of you. It’s just that someone might enter the room and it will be embarrassing if they see us kissing each other”

Sungmin explains while blushing.

“Ok. Let’s just continue in our bedroom later”

Kyuhyun whispers on Sungmin’s ear, making her blush hard.

“Someone is getting scared now”

Kyuhyun happily teases his wife.

“I told you that I’m not scared of that thing”

“Oh really?”

“Are you challengine me Mr. Cho?”

Sungmin asks before pouting cutely. Kyuhyun quickly captures her lips, stealing a kiss from her.

“Yes I am”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, winking at her.

“Fine”

Sungmin gently pinches her husband’s nose.

“You’ll see it later. I’ll prove you that I’m not scared of it”

Sungmin told her husband. She gives him a sweet peck before eating her dinner. Kyuhyun smiles and gives Sungmin a sweet peck on her cheek.

“I love you”

Kyuhyun told his wife, making her smile.

“I love you more baby”

Sungmin told her husband. They share a sweet kiss before continuing their dinner.

~~~

*THE COFFEE LOVERS CAFÉ*

 

Jongwoon was busy reading a book inside his favorite coffee shop while enjoying his cup of espresso. He used to go to The Coffee Lovers Café whenever he will stay in his office in Kim Corporation because it’s the nearest coffee shop to his family’s company.

“Your wife told me that you’re busy and that’s why you didn’t come to join us in dinner”

Jongwoon raises his head and looks at the owner of the voice; it’s his ex-fiancee. Yoona was standing in front of him, smiling sweetly.

“Can I join you?”

Yoona asks. She quickly sits on the empty chair beside Jongwoon before he can answer her with a “no”. Jongwoon just ignores her and focuses his eyes back on the book that he’s reading.

“She told me that you’re busy. Maybe she means that you’re busy drinking coffee while reading a book”

Yoona told Jongwoon who keeps on ignoring her. The waiter brings Yoona’s iced coffee and slice of mint chocolate chip cake on the table.

“When will you stop ignoring me?”

Yoona asks, feeling sad because Jongwoon is still giving her a cold treatment. She starts eating her cake quietly.

“I think your wife is lying when she told me that you’re busy”

Yoona told Jongwoon.

“Maybe you two fought. I think the people from the press are right. You two are already divorce, but don’t want to admit it in public. Stop covering for her. It’s obvious that you two are not okay”

Yoona told Jongwoon, making his blood boils.

“What makes you think like that?”

Jongwoon asks, finally speaking.

“Because you didn’t show up awhile ago. I know you so well Jongwoonie. You’re mine before. You don’t show up in events or occasions when you don’t want to see the person you hate. You always do that to me whenever we’re fighting. You will never—“

Yoona stops talking when Jongwoon puts down the book on top of the table angrily.

“What makes you think that my wife and I are not in good term?”

Jongwoon asks, giving his ex-fiancee an angry look.

“Not showing up in that stupid dinner with you doesn’t mean that Wookie and I are not in good term and it also doesn’t mean that we’re fighting or we’re already divorce. I didn’t show up in that dinner because I don’t want to see you”

Jongwoon told Yoona, hurting her emotions. There are two reasons why he didn’t show up in the dinner with Yoona; first is because he is really busy on that day. He has a lot of meetings and works to do and he needs to finish everything before he goes to Sydney tomorrow evening. Second, he really doesn’t want to join the dinner because he doesn’t want to see his ex-fiancee.

“I see. You’re still mad at me. You still hate me”

Yoona told Jongwoon sadly.

“Why? Do you expect me to love you after what you did to me? You humiliate me and my family in front of so many people”

Jongwoon told his ex-fiancee angrily, remembering the day that Yoona left him.

“I’m sorry Jongwoonie. I know that I hurt you that much. I know that I’m so stupid for running away on the day of our wedding, but please believe me that I love you. I’m just stupid at that time”

Yoona told Jongwoon, hoping that he will understand her.

“I will never understand you. I will never understand why you did that to me”

“I did that because I’m not yet ready to tie the knot. I want to study abroad and fulfill my dreams on becoming a fashion designer”

“Then why did you accept my marriage proposal if you’re not ready to marry me?”

Jongwoon asks, biting his lower lip because of anger. Yoona didn’t answer because she doesn’t know what to say.

“You can always tell me that you’re not yet ready to marry me. You can tell me about your plans of studying abroad to fulfill your dreams. I’m not going to stop you. You know that I can always wait for you, but instead of telling me everything you choose to leave me and hurt me so badly”

Jongwoon told Yoona.

“I’m sorry Jongwoonie. I’m really sorry. I’m stupid. I’m just afraid that you will not support my decision and I’m afraid that you will leave me”

Yoona told Jongwoon.

“You’re telling me that you’re willing to wait for me, but look at you now. You’re already married”

Yoona told Jongwoon, frowning at him. She really feels sad when she heard the news about Jongwoon and Ryeowook’s marriage.

“You didn’t even wait for me”

Yoona told Jongwoon sadly.

“Why will I wait for the woman who runs away on the day of our wedding? Why will I wait for the woman who doesn’t even care whether she will hurt me or not? Why will I wait for the woman who throw away my love for her and why will I wait for the woman who doesn’t even want to spend her whole life with me? So tell me Yoona, why should I wait for you? You run away without even telling me about your plans. You run away without even considering my feelings”

“I’m sorry Jongwoonie. The truth is…”

Yoona stares at Jongwoon’s eyes with love.

“I love you. I still love you and I never stop loving you. I know that you will hate me for the rest of your life because of what I did, but my love for you didn’t change. My love for you didn’t go away. It will always stay here in my heart. But I guess things between us will never be the same anymore because you’re already married”

Yoona told Jongwoon sadly. She still loves Jongwoon and she never stops loving him.

“What do you want me to do after what you did to me? Do you expect me to cry all years and stop from living my life? Is that it?”

Jongwoon asks. He shook his head.

“My life will never stop because of you”

Jongwoon told Yoona, hurting her heart.

“Now if you will excuse me, I need to go back in my office at Kim Corporation. I still have a meeting”

Jongwoon told Yoona who suddenly laughs at him.

“What a very lame reason huh Kim Jongwoon?”

Yoona asks. She raises her eyebrow.

“Just tell me that you’re avoiding me because you don’t want us to talk like this and you’re avoiding the topic about your wife”

Yoona told Jongwoon.

“It’s already eleven in the evening. Who will have a meeting at this hour?”

Yoona asks. She believes that Jongwoon is just reasoning out so he can already leave and avoid the topic about Ryeowook.

“Why are you speaking as if you know everything about me?”

Jongwoon asks, controlling his temper.

“Because I’m your fiancée. I become part of your life”

Yoona answers, trying to flirt with Jongwoon who smirks at her.

“Yes you become a part of my life”

Jongwoon nods his head.

“Because you’re my past, so it only means that we’re done. You’re my fiancée before, but you’re my ex-fiancee now. I am already married and I love my wife so much”

Jongwoon told Yoona who smiles at him.

“Liar”

Yoona told Jongwoon who holds her arm tight.

“Ouch! Jongwoonie, you’re hurting me”

Yoona told Jongwoon who is staring at her angrily.

“You know that I can never hurt a woman, right? But you’re making me do that now. Listen to me…”

Jongwoon gives Yoona a serious glare, making her heart jumps because of fear.

“You’re just a past and you will always remain there. You know me, but you don’t know everything about me. You love me, but I love my wife. I don’t care about how you feel or what you think. I marry Wookie because I love her. I love her so much. I love everything about her and she’s my everything. Try to hurt her and you will see what will happen to you. I know that you have friends in the media. Try to touch my wife and you will really get it. Don’t force me to use my power against you because you’re not going to love it”

Jongwoon told Yoona, warning her just in case she’s planning to do something stupid to hurt Ryeowook and ruin her career.

“I love Kim Ryeowook whether you like it or not. I love her with all my heart”

“I’m not going to stop you if that’s what you believe right now. I know that it’s just a temporary feeling. You will still go back to me”

Yoona told Jongwoon, feeling confident. Jongwoon laughs softly.

“You’re dreaming, but it’s ok. Fool yourself as much as you want. I won’t give a damn care about it. We’re over since the day you run away from me and before I leave, I want to tell you something and I want you to put it in your brain…”

Jongwoon smiles at Yoona.

“Thank you for leaving me because if you didn’t do that then I will not realise that Kim Ryeowook is the one that I really and truly love and not you. Thank you because I didn’t end up marrying you. You see, if we end up marrying each other, I’m guessing that we’re already divorce by now”

Jongwoon told Yoona who shook her head.

“No. You can never divorce me because marriage is sacred to you”

“Yes”

Jongwoon nods his head.

“Marriage is sacred to me. But if you’re my wife, I am willing to break that sacredness. Get my point?”

Jongwoon told Yoona, making her frown so hard.

“You’re going to regret marrying her”

Yoona told Jongwoon who shook his head before letting go of her arm that is already aching because of his tight grip. Jongwoon gets the book on top of the table.

“Seriously, I’m here to relax before my meeting with my investors. This woman ruins my relaxation”

Jongwoon thought. He looks at Yoona.

“I will never regret marrying my wife because I love her so much. I hope you can already move on with the past because you’re no longer part of my life and I don’t love you anymore. I’m sorry for hurting your heart, but you need to know the truth. Kim Ryeowook is the woman that I love and no longer you. So please, don’t try to hurt her because I’m really going to hate you so much if you will hurt my wife. She’s the woman that I love and the woman in my heart and in my life”

Jongwoon told Yoona. He walks towards the table that was three tables away from them. He steals the magazine that the two women were reading.

“I’m not a fool not to notice you two taking pictures of us”

Jongwoon told the women who happen to be people from the press and Yoona’s friends.

“Delete those photos in front of me”

Jongwoon commanded. He looks at Yoona’s direction. Yoona is frowning so hard at him.

“NOW!”

Jongwoon shouts angrily, giving the women deadly glare. They quickly delete the photos and show Jongwoon their cameras, showing him that they really deleted all the photos of him and Yoona that they took earlier.

“Don’t involve me and my wife in your friend’s stupid plan. If any photos or stupid issue about me and Yoona go out in the public, you two will say goodbye to your careers. I’m Kim Jongwoon, so don’t dare me”

Jongwoon told them before leaving the coffee shop angrily.

~~~

“NOONA!!!”

Ryeowook’s heart jumps because of her step-brother’s loud voice. Minho quickly runs towards her and hugs her tight.

“Yah! Why are you shouting? You scared me”

Ryeowook told her step-brother, frowning at him. Minho let go of her and smiles cutely.

“I’m just happy that you’re finally back. I’m waiting for you. Where have you been? I’m so worried about you because when I woke up earlier, you’re no longer here and you’re not even answering any of my calls and text messages”

Minho told his step-sister, frowning at her.

“That’s because I’m busy”

Ryeowook told her step-brother before sitting on the sofa. Minho joins her.

“That’s why you’re frowning like a lioness?”

Minho asks curiously. Ryeowook shook her head.

“I just had dinner with my in-laws and Dasom”

“Then why are you frowning? You didn’t enjoy their company? You love them so much and they also love you too so much, so why frown like that?”

Minho asks with concern in his voice.

“I enjoy the company of mom, dad and Dasom. I love them so much. I am frowning like this not because of them but because of Jongwoonie’s ex-fiancee”

Ryeowook told her step-brother, remembering Yoona. She really hates her husband’s ex-fiancee not because she’s jealous of her and also not because she is Jongwoon’s ex-fiancee, but because she just don’t like her at all.

“Im Yoona?”

Minho asks. Ryeowook nods her head.

“Why? Did you bump to each other or something?”

Minho asks curiously. Ryeowook sighs heavily.

“We had a dinner with her”

Ryeowook answers, frowning hard.

“Huh? How did that happen?”

Minho asks.

“It’s a long story. I really hate her. She needs to be thankful because mom and dad are there because if not, I’m really going to give her a hard slap. Aish! I don’t understand why she’s acting as if Jongwoon just force his self to marry me”

Ryeowook told her step-brother. Her tears are already forming in her eyes because of anger. Even though her in-laws keep on telling her not to mind what Yoona told her in their dinner, Ryeowook just can’t help but to think about it and feel really mad towards Yoona.

“But honestly noona, I’m also wondering how you and Jongwoonie hyung end up marrying each other. I mean…you two are not a couple”

Minho told his step-sister, feeling curious about Jongwoon and Ryeowook’s real love story.

“OMO!”

Minho’s eyes suddenly grow big.

“Don’t tell me that those people from the press are right? That you and Jongwoonie hyung just marry each other because of publicity”

Minho told his step-sister, earning a smack on his head from her.

“Yah! What are you talking about? I can’t believe that you will believe those stupid press people”

Ryeowook told her step-brother, frowning at him. Minho starts rubbing his aching head.

“It’s not like that noona. I’m just curious because nobody really knows your true love story with hyung. Even our parents and Kyu hyung don’t even know anything about it and I’m sure that your in-laws too don’t know anything about it, right?”

Minho told his step-sister.

“Why? Do Jongwoonie and I need to be a couple for us to marry each other?”

Ryeowook asks.

“So you and Jongwoonie hyung really didn’t become a couple at all? Then why did you marry each other?”

Minho asks curiously.

“Because we love each other, is that not enough reason for us to marry each other?”

Ryeowook asks. She and Jongwoon really didn’t become a couple. Jongwoon propose marriage to her and she said yes to him and that’s how they end up marrying each other. They both love each other—that’s how they know and for them, it’s already enough reason for them to marry each other.

“Well…I guess your love story with Jongwoonie hyung is one of a kind. But speaking of Jongwoonie hyung…”

Minho gets his mobile phone on top of the center table and shows it to his step-sister.

“I almost forget what he told me. He told me to call him once you’re already back, so I need to call him now or else he will grill me alive”

Minho told Ryeowook, remembering what Jongwoon told him before he lets him go after attending his meeting in Busan.

“Yeoboseo”

Minho smiles upon hearing his brother-in-law’s voice. Jongwoon is about to leave his office to attend his meeting with his investors in Conference Room 5.

“I have a meeting just call me later”

Jongwoon told Minho.

“Meeting at this hour? Why are you so busy huh? I’m sure that noona will worry about you. It’s already late at night hyung”

Minho told his brother-in-law while looking at his step-sister who already looks worried upon hearing that Jongwoon is still working at that hour.

“I need to finish a lot of things before I leave tomorrow for my business trip in Sydney. Just call me later. I’m hanging now”

“WAIT HYUNG!!!”

Minho shouts before Jongwoon can hang up.

“What? Do you really need to shout? Aish!”

Jongwoon frowns.

“I’m sorry hyung. But please don’t hang up. I need to tell you something first”

“What?”

Jongwoon asks. Minho smiles before speaking.

“Noona is already here. She just arrive awhile ago”

Minho happily informs his brother-in-law. Jongwoon nods his head.

“You take care of her because if something bad happens to her, I’m really going to grill you alive”

Jongwoon told his brother-in-law, making him gulps nervously. Ryeowook steals Minho’s mobile phone away from his grip.

“Honey”

Jongwoon was surprised to hear his wife’s angelic voice.

“Why are you not answering my calls and my text messages? Where are you? I asked your secretaries awhile ago, but they told me that they don’t know your whereabouts. I think they are lying, so where exactly are you?”

Ryeowook asks in a demanding manner.

“I’m busy. I told Minho to tell you that I’m busy and I don’t want to talk to you right now because I’m busy. I’m going to hang up now”

“KIM JONGWOON!!!”

Ryeowook shouts over the phone.

“Try to hang up and you will see”

Ryeowook told her husband, threatening him.

“What? I told you that I’m busy. Let’s just talk when I’m no longer busy. I need to do a lot of things. Just hang up now. I will be late in my meeting”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. He was about to hang up, but he remembers that he forget to tell his wife something.

“Honey…”

Jongwoon speaks.

“Hmmm?”

Ryeowook asks. Jongwoon can sense his wife’s sadness through her voice.

“I’m sorry for not showing up earlier. I’m really busy”

“You just don’t want to see me because you hate me”

Ryeowook told her husband sadly.

“You just don’t love me that much anymore”

Ryeowook told Jongwoon. Minho stares at his step-sister with wide eyes open upon hearing her telling Jongwoon those things. Jongwoon shook his head.

“That’s not true. You know that I love you so much. I’m really busy, so let’s just talk when I’m no longer busy”

Jongwoon told his wife who just nods her head sadly.

“I love you”

Jongwoon told his wife, but Ryeowook didn’t answer.

“No I love you too?”

Jongwoon asks sadly. Ryeowook didn’t answer and hangs up.

“Noona…”

Minho stares at his step-sister sadly.

“He hates me. I know he does. He’s just pretending that he loves me. Why is he like that?”

Ryeowook asks sadly. Minho shook his head.

“If you’re feeling like that because of hyung’s ex-fiancee, I’m telling you to stop thinking about her and believe what Jongwoonie hyung told you. He is your husband and not that Yoona girl and before you think negatively…”

Minho gets the brown grocery bag on top of the center table and gives it to Ryeowook.

“I didn’t have the chance to have a date with my love today because hyung told me to wait for him to finish his meetings. He asks me to buy it for you”

Minho told Ryeowook who looks inside the grocery bag. She smiles upon seeing her favorite milk and yogurt inside.

“See this?”

Minho asks, showing a piece of paper to his step-sister. Ryeowook gets it and stares at Jongwoon’s handwriting.

“He cares a lot for you eventhough you’re always throwing a fight with him. You see noona. Jongwoonie hyung told me to take care of you while you stay here. He wants you to drink those milks and eat those yogurts whenever you’re in a hurry to go to work in the morning just to make sure that you will not leave with an empty stomach”

Minho explains. He gets money in his pocket.

“There’s still a change, but this is mine now”

Minho happily told his step-sister.

“Since when did you become a beggar?”

Ryeowook asks.

“Finders keepers you know and hyung didn’t tell me to return the change to him, so it’s mine now and of course…”

Minho gets the pill box on top of the center table and gives it to Ryeowook.

“It’s you pill box. Hyung told me to go to your mansion because you left your pill box there. He doesn’t want you to skip the medicine and vitamins that you need to take everyday. The head maid gives it to me when I arrive there”

Minho told his sister.

“So don’t doubt hyung’s love for you anymore. I’m telling you noona. He loves you so much”

Minho told Ryeowook, so she will already stop thinking stupid things. Ryeowook smiles at her step-brother.

“I’m going to sleep now”

Ryeowook happily told her step-brother. Minho nods happily.

“Thanks brother dear”

Ryeowook told Minho who shook his head.

“You should thank Jongwoonie hyung and not me”

Minho told Ryeowook who nods her head happily.

“I’ll just put this inside the refrigerator before I go to sleep”

“No need noona. I’ll be the one who will do it for you”

Minho gets the grocery bag away from his step-sister’s hands.

“Just go to sleep because I know you’re tired”

“Ok. Thanks Minho. Good night”

Ryeowook told her step-brother, giving him a sweet hug.

“I love you”

“I love you too noona. Good night. Sleep tight”

Minho happily told his step-sister. Ryeowook gently pinches Minho’s nose before going inside her room to sleep.

“Noona is very blessed to have a husband like Jongwoonie hyung. I hope Kyu hyung will also do the same with Minnie noona”

Minho told his self before going inside the kitchen to put the milks and yogurts inside the refrigerator.

~~~

Kyuhyun was busy booking a flight for him and Sungmin going to Venice, Italy for their honeymoon. Sungmin went out of the bathroom after having a warm shower. She saw her husband sitting on their bed while staring at his laptop.

“What are you doing?”

Sungmin asks before kissing Kyuhyun on his cheek. Kyuhyun was shocked when Sungmin suddenly appears beside him. He quickly closes his laptop before his wife can see what he’s doing.

“It’s a secret”

Kyuhyun told his wife. He wants to surprise Sungmin and that’s why he doesn’t want to tell her that he’s booking a flight for them in Venice, Italy. Sungmin doesn’t have any idea that Kyuhyun is planning a honeymoon trip for them.

“Secret? Why are you watching ?”

Sungmin asks, teasing her husband. Kyuhyun shook his head and puts down his laptop on top of the bedside table. He looks at his wife and gently flicks her forehead.

“Do I look like I have time to watch ? I’m a very busy person and you know that. Watching is not on my timeline and why should I watch if I already have you?”

Kyuhyun asks before gently pushing his wife on their bed with him on top of her.

“And what is that supposed to mean? Do I look like in your eyes?”

Sungmin asks, pouting at her husband. Kyuhyun shook his head and softly kisses his wife’s lips.

“That’s not what I mean”

Kyuhyun whispers on his wife’s lips.

“I love you”

Kyuhyun told his wife. He kisses her softly, but quickly pulls back before Sungmin can respond to the kiss.

“Not so fast baby. I still need to talk to you before making love to you”

Kyuhyun told his wife, making her pouts cutely. He just smiles at her and gets off.

“Please sit on my lap. We need to talk first”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin gets up and obeys her husband. She sits on Kyuhyun’s lap and wraps her arms around his neck.

“What is it?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun stares at her with love. He slowly brushes his lips on hers, but didn’t kiss her, making her pout again.

“Stop teasing me”

Sungmin told her husband.

“I’m not”

Kyuhyun whispers on her lips.

“Are you really going to leave me here?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun nods his head.

“As much as I want to bring you with me in Sydney and in Melbourne, I can’t do that because you need to stay here for the paperworks that you need to finish for me and nobody will take care of our daughter if you will go with me. Please understand”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin nods her head.

“Please take care of Krystal”

“You don’t need to tell me that. I’m going to take care of her eventhough you won’t remind me. Just do your work there in Sydney and Melbourne, don’t worry about us. I promise that Krystal and I will be fine. But please don’t stay away with us for a long time”

Sungmin told her husband, already missing him eventhough he’s not yet leaving for his business trip in Sydney and Melbourne. Kyuhyun nods his head and gives his wife a sweet peck on her lips.

“I’ll be away for a week and when I return we’re going somewhere. I’ll bring you with me in Italy for a business conference”

Kyuhyun told his wife, lying to her. Sungmin nods her head.

“But can we visit Aunt Taeyeon first before that business conference? I’m worried about her because she’s sick again”

Sungmin told her husband sadly, thinking about her aunt. Kyuhyun nods his head.

“I really think that Aunt Taeyeon should already move here with us. She’s a hardheaded woman like you”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin shook her head.

“You know her. She will always say no to us no matter how hard we try to convince her. If she won’t be comfortable living in the city then let’s not forces her anymore. I just want what is the best for her and if she thinks that living in the province will be better and the best for her then let it be. Let’s just visit her after your trip to Sydney and Melbourne”

“Okay”

Kyuhyun nods his head. He gently brushes his nose on hers.

“Call me if there will be a problem and don’t hesitate to tell me if Krystal will give you a hard time or will throw a fight with you”

“Kyu…”

Kyuhyun kisses her lips to stop her from talking.

“Shhhh…please don’t spoil Krystal. Don’t tolerate her if she’s insulting you. Stop being too nice. I know that she’s my daughter, but I don’t want her to become a brat and I don’t want her to keep on insulting you. I need to discipline her, so don’t always defend her”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin just nods her head to avoid arguments.

“So, can we sleep now?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“Sleep? But I thought we’re—“

Kyuhyun captures Sungmin’s lips as they share a sweet kiss.

“As much as I want us to make love tonight, it will be better if we should sleep now because I’m already feeling sleepy and I’m really tired. I’m sorry baby”

Kyuhyun told his wife, feeling sorry. He yawns softly. Sungmin smiles at him.

“I understand. That thing can wait, so don’t feel sorry. Let’s sleep now, so you can already take a rest”

Sungmin told her husband, feeling concern about him because she knows how busy Kyuhyun is. She carefully gets off of Kyuhyun’s lap and lie down on the bed. Kyuhyun lie down beside her. He gently pulls Sungmin closer to him and hugs her sweetly.

“I’m really sorry Min…for hurting you earlier and for…”

Kyuhyun yawns softly and slowly closes his eyes.

“I love you”

Kyuhyun manages to tell his wife before falling asleep. Sungmin looks at her husband and gently brushes her fingers on his handsome face.

“Sleep tight baby. I love you more”

Sungmin whispers. She softly kisses Kyuhyun’s lips before resting her head on Kyuhyun’s chest.

“Let’s sleep now”

Sungmin whispers. She slowly closes her eyes and go to sleep with a sweet smile on her lips because she knows that her husband loves her so much.