I Will Catch You If You Fall

Pieces Of A Heart III

 

I Will Catch You If You Fall

 

 

Sehun × Luhan

 

 

 

Sehun’s story was about him and a boy who was four years older than him.

 

That boy’s name was Luhan.

 

Sehun fell in love with his best friend. When Luhan was around, he felt nothing but joy. When Luhan was around, it was like he became someone else, someone who could protect someone.

 

But Luhan was already broken, and it made him blind. He couldn’t believe that love would ever treat him right again. Thus he had kept the key to the door of his heart somewhere underneath the happy façade on his face.

 

What Luhan didn’t know, was that Sehun had always loved him.

 

He wasn’t aware that he was the smile on Sehun’s face, and that Sehun wasn’t going anywhere. He was there to make Luhan happy, to see Luhan smile. Sehun had a million words to say to Luhan about his feelings, and he had wanted to deliver them to Luhan for a long while.

 

So he made a letter. A confession letter.

 

He tried to figure out what was going to make Luhan fall in love. He knew that Luhan got walls wrapped all the way around his heart. But he wanted to tell Luhan that he didn’t have to be scared at all, that it was alright to at least make a hole on the wall so Sehun could extend his hand through it for Luhan to grasp.

 

He wanted to tell Luhan that he couldn’t fly unless he let himself fall.

 

In all honesty, Sehun knew, he could tell, that Luhan secretly knew his heart. But Luhan was afraid of what their feelings might do. ‘Cause they got such an amazing friendship that was built over their youth days, a friendship that neither of them wanted to lose.

 

But Sehun didn’t think he could stand sitting around while Luhan was hurting. He was tired of being four years younger than Luhan in everything. He was done watching from the side while Luhan cried his heart out for someone who didn’t even remember his smile anymore.

 

And Sehun had wished Luhan had taken his hand instead of being in pain alone.

 

To Sehun, Luhan was an angel who forgot how to fly.

 

The angel wounded his way onto the Earth, and ever since he landed in a crash, he became scared to try to flutter up his wings again. Thus he forgot how to fly.

 

And it broke his heart every time to see Luhan’s tears. Because he was always there to see a piece of Luhan leave everytime that person did him wrong, because he was always the shoulder Luhan would cry on.

 

So he hoped by the time he was done preparing his letter, he would figure out what was going to make Luhan fall in love.

 

But Luhan never found the courage to fall. Luhan never found Sehun a day after he stood him up under the rain. Luhan never found Sehun when he went to his workplace to make things up. And Luhan never found Sehun a week after that, when he dropped by Sehun’s apartment, when he opened the door to a very cold atmosphere of the spacious room, the coldness spreading because no one was around to emit warmth anymore.

 

Luhan never found Sehun, as he sat down on the long black couch in the middle of the spacious room, pulling up his legs against his chest as he thought of the times when Sehun had laughed and cried together with him on that particular spot.

 

What Luhan found, on the table in front of the couch, was the long letter of confession, one that could’ve meant so much more if only the writer was still alive by the time he read it.

 

‘What’s gonna make you fall in love, hyung?’

 

‘Are you that scared to fall?’

 

‘If you spread your wings, you can fly again, you can fly away with me. But you can’t fly unless you let yourself fall.’

 

‘Hyung, it’s alright to fall, because at the end of the line, there will be me.’

 

‘I will catch you if you fall.’