Tiny Red Box

Pieces Of A Heart III

 

Tiny Red Box

 

 

Sehun × Luhan

 

 

 

When Sehun opens his eyes in the morning, Luhan is next to him, already staring at him with such love oozing from his gaze.

 

"My man looks hot every morning." Luhan giggles. "Guess what today is?"

 

Sehun, who was left awestruck at the sight of Luhan's beauty, breaks into a wide smile. "Happy birthday, Lu."

 

Clapping giddily, Luhan leans in to kiss Sehun's forehead. "Wake up and please me?"

 

In a second, Sehun pulls Luhan on top of him, eliciting bubbly giggles from Luhan's cherry red lips. Luhan is warm against him. Luhan is beautiful. Luhan looks real.

 

Before they dwell into their deed, Sehun glances at the tiny red box resting on the desk not too far from the bed.

 

=

 

"But why??" Luhan whines. "It's my birthday!"

 

"It's a very important meeting, baby." Sehun says apologetically. "I should not miss it."

 

Luhan's eyes are watery. He knows Luhan would let it go, but there's no doubt Luhan would be sulking for the whole day. Just like every time he bailed on him, like every time he stood Luhan up on their supposed dates.

 

But at the moment, it's his decision to make things different. Maybe if he had stayed, Luhan would've stayed as well.

 

"You know what, I'm not going."

 

Luhan looks up at him, perplexed. "You're not??"

 

Sehun smiles, bringing up his thumb to caress the apple of Luhan's cheek ever so gently. "Yeah." he grins.

 

Luhan gets up, jumping, hugging him in the matter of seconds. Sehun laughs at Luhan's antics, kissing him in the process.

 

He anxiously fiddles with the tiny red box inside his pocket.

 

 

"-hun, Oh Sehun,"

 

Sehun opens his eyes abruptly.

 

"Wake up. The meeting is in forty minutes. You'll be late if you don't-"

 

He yanks the blanket aside, immediately sitting up on the bed. Breath ragged, he searches for the source of the voice that had woke him up.

 

He finds a man standing next to his bed.

 

"Are you okay?" Jongin asks.

 

 

"Thus, it's done. I'm done random men's wood -"

 

"Language, Lu."

 

"- and am now an exclusive just for Oh Sehun." Luhan smirks, crawling on top of Sehun. "What do you say, Mr. Oh?"

 

Sehun chuckles in disbelief. He feels Luhan's knees dipping deeper on the couch, straddling him like a beautiful cage. "I like that, baby." Sehun grins. "I like it very much."

 

"Imagine, Mr. Oh." Luhan whispers at the crook of Sehun's neck. "Me being only for you."

 

Sehun has a hard time to keep his imagination. It cracks into pieces everytime the picture starts to get clear.

 

"Doing what normal lovers do." Luhan murmurs. "Being worthy of you."

 

"You always worth all of me, Lu." Sehun whispers back against the crown of Luhan's head. "You’re worth everything I do."

 

Luhan giggles, snuggling into Sehun's arms. "Thank you, Oh Sehun." he smiles. "For picking up this used garbage from the side of the road and make it brand new, and needed."

 

His eyes start to burn.

 

"Thank you, Luhan," Sehun whispers as low as possible to hide the pain, "for coming to me."

 

=

 

It's a habit for the both of them to stare at each other. Especially when they eat. Instead of chatting, they stare at each other chewing their own food. Sometimes the food would be long forgotten, because Sehun would drown into Luhan's eyes.

 

But tonight it seems like Luhan saw something else.

 

"Just speak, will ya?" Luhan smirks.

 

Sehun gulps as he stands up. As Luhan looks at him in bewilderment, Sehun walks around the table and stops a meter from Luhan.

 

He takes out the tiny red box from his pocket. He hears Luhan curses as the latter realizes what's inside it. As he gets on one knee and looks up, Luhan is already covering his mouth in shock.

 

"," Luhan's voice is muffled behind his own hand, ", this is it oh my -"

 

 

"Are you okay?" Jongin asks.

 

Sehun stares at him with wide eyes. "What are you doing here?"

 

"To check on you. Your father has been calling since yesterday but you didn't pick up."

 

His ears are ringing. Something is not right.

 

He turns to look at the other side of his bed. No one's there.

 

"Where is Luhan?"

 

Something is not right.

 

 

"Luhan," Sehun starts, "you know I love you. And I hope I'm good for you, because you are perfect to me."

 

Luhan's eyes get teary.

 

"Lu," Sehun inhales, "will you m-"

 

"YES-" Luhan jumps from his seat and throws himself at Sehun, "I'LL MARRY YOU FOOL, YOU NEVER NEEDED TO ASK!"

 

Sehun laughs out of relief, catching Luhan in his arms as they fall onto the wooden floor. "Let me put the ring first, Lu."

 

" yes," Luhan gets up and wiggles his fingers, "put it on!"

 

Sehun takes the ring from its box and holds Luhan's hand. As he had expected, the ring slides smoothly around Luhan's finger and fits perfectly at its base.

 

Beautiful. Just like Luhan.

 

=

 

"Hubby," Luhan calls, making Sehun chuckle upon the nickname, "say someday I have to leave you."

 

His smile fades.

 

"Not because I don't love you anymore, but because I just have to, because that's how it should be," Luhan looks up at Sehun, "what would you do?"

 

Sehun buries his face into Luhan's brown locks. "I'll find you."

 

"But what if you have to wait until it's your time to find me?"

 

"Won't wait."

 

Luhan closes his eyes. "What if that's not how it works? What if I have to leave, and you have to be alone for a quite long time before you get to see me again?"

 

Sehun grits his teeth.

 

"Will you wait for your turn, Sehun?" Luhan asks gently. "Will you wait?"

 

His eyes are burning. "As long as you'll wait for me."

 

Luhan smiles, kissing Sehun's chin. "Fool, of course I will."

 

"Lu?" Sehun whispers brokenly. "Don't go."

 

Luhan tightens his arm around Sehun. "Wouldn't want to upset Him, right?"

 

"Lu," Sehun sobs, "don't go."

 

"Silly," Luhan chuckles, "we'll meet again someday. Be patient."

 

Will they?

 

"I love you, Oh Sehun." Luhan whispers ever so sweetly. "Until next time, yea?"

 

 

"Where is he?" Sehun jumps off his bed.

 

"Sehun,"

 

"He was here! He was - where - who took him away?"

 

"stop."

 

"Lu? Luhan where are y-"

 

"HE'S DEAD!" Jongin screams. Sehun stares at the latter before he falls on the carpet. "Deal with it!"

 

Sehun gulps. "No-"

 

"Kris Wu killed him," Jongin kneels down, "right before your eyes! Remember?"

 

Sehun stares at his bed.

 

 

"-Mr. Oh!"