Someday

Pieces Of A Heart III

 

Someday

 

 

Baekhyun × Obama

 

 

 

“Let’s talk about someday.”

 

He hears the voice full of warmth. The blanket that covered his figure slips a little bit, and slender, ebony fingers come to the rescue, wrapping him tight once more. He feels the man sit next to him, on the chair at the balcony of the apartment where they would secretly meet and do all the loving. He stares up, finding two warm orbs looking back at him.

 

“What do you think,” Barack leans back, “will happen someday?”

 

Baekhyun pouts as he thinks. “Hm,” he shifts his gaze towards the sky above them, “someday, I can work in a skyscraper.” He grins. “The job would be enjoyable, and I would be working on forty fourth floor or something. I want to have this view everyday.”

 

Barack smiles.

 

“Someday, people would be free to love whoever they love.”

 

“I… kind of have made sure about that.”

 

Baekhyun turns at Barack again. “I’m not just talking about ualities.” he says softly. “I’m talking about... social classes.”

 

The smile on Barack’s lips fades a little.

 

“Someday,” Baekhyun continues, not wanting to start another unpleasant conversation regarding their star-crossed fate, “we can travel around the world. With just backpacks on our shoulders.”

 

They hold each other’s gaze.

 

“Someday,” Baekhyun whispers, “I can love you without any fear, and you can love me with all of your heart.”

 

“Baekhyun.”

 

“But unfortunately, Mr. President,” Baekhyun musters up a smile, and he notices how Barack’s face looks so broken by his words, “’someday’ is just an illusion that makes us think what we want will happen later. ‘Someday’ is an overused promise we make with ourselves. People like me, we can’t afford to talk about ‘someday’ carelessly.”

 

He reaches out a hand to press against Barack’s chest, feeling the heartbeat of the man he had grown to love so much, too much that it causes himself pain. “Someday,” Baekhyun whispers again, “you will forget me. That’s the type of ‘someday’ people like me can talk about.”

 

Barack doesn’t say anything to that. Baekhyun doesn’t expect him to. Nothing is to be expected between them.

 

Because people like Baekhyun can’t afford to expect anything with people like Barack.

 

 

 

[A/N]

Was this angst? Was this crack? All I know is that I could’ve been arrested because of this HAHA