The first bite... and a bittersweet goodbye

Under His Spell || DISCONTINUED

I startle when someone knocks on the door. I turn my head to the door and I tell them to come in, whoever knocked on the door. Hakyeon lets go of me and I sit up straight on my bed. Hakyeon sits up straight aswell and the door goes open. Jae Young gets in and closes the door behind him.

''Hi Leo, how are you? I heard the conversation between you and dad and it shocked me when dad rushed downstairs while saying he hates you until he dies.'' Jae Young says and sits down next to me on my bed. I'm glad that Hakyeon is with me, because I otherwise really would've felt alone. But that my own father hates me, I can't believe it. I sigh and I stare at the floor.

''I feel lonely ever since I got turned into a vampire and I also feel left out by the kingdom and even by everyone between these walls. And now that dad even hates me, I don't even think I deserve to stay here any longer.'' I answer and Jae Young's eyes immediately widen when he looks at me.

''Leo, no. You're can't leave us. Dad might not show it, but he still see you as the heir to the throne. You can't do this to dad, Leo. You can't hurt our family like this, we need you.'' Jae Young says and I look at him. What am I supposed to do otherwise? Like Hakyeon said before, I will become lonely if I stay here. And I now start to realise that Hakyeon was right all the time.

''Jae Young, what am I supposed to do then? Hakyeon told me before that I will feel lonely if I stay here and I now realise that he has been right all this time. I will hand over my position as the heir to the throne to you before everyone in the kingdom will hate me.'' I say and my eyes turn red. Jae Young's eyes fill with tears as he grabs my arm.

''No Leo, you really can't leave us. Mum needs you besides everyone else. Everyone has to get used to the fact that you have to live as a vampire and everyone has to get used to it that your personality has changed aswell.'' Jae Young says and it doesn't take long before tears stream down his face. His grip on my arm tightens and I hear him sob. He can sob for whenever he wants, but I won't stay here.

~*~

Hakyeon then pushes Jae Young away from me and sits down next to me, before pulling me into his lap.

''Taekwoon is coming with me you little brat! He told you loud and clear what the reason is. He is finally doing everything for love and he does everything what it takes to stay with me.'' Hakyeon hisses and I feel his hot breath in my neck. Jae Young sits back up when he looks at Hakyeon.

''Taekwoon feels lonely here with only humans around him and you humans apparently don't seem to realise that!'' Hakyeon snarls and wraps his arms around me. I close my eyes and my head rests against Hakyeon's chest.

''We don't seem to realise that? We don't know what we have to do with this. We have never dealt with a vampire before, so we barely have any knowledge of this specie.'' Jae Young says and I feel his warm hand on my back. I sigh deep and I close myself off from the world. There are two people pulling at both sides of me and I feel like this is so unfair. 

''Leo stays here, we need him here. He is the one who can teach us about this specie we have never dealt with before.'' Jae Young continues and I can feel Hakyeon's eyes burn on my head.

''Taekwoon is coming with me, whether you guys like it or not. He feels lonely if he stays here and he is upset by the fact that his father of his own flesh and blood hates him until his father dies. Taekwoon wants to feel accepted and he doesn't feel accepted anymore if he stays here.'' Hakyeon reflects and I can feel him bending over to Jae Young.

A few seconds later, I hear Jae Young scream and I break free from Hakyeon's grip. I jump off the bed and I sit down in a dark corner with my knees against my forehead. I can't pick a side right now, because I want to please everyone so much. Hakyeon then sits on top of Jae Young and Jae Young keeps screaming. Something inside me says that Hakyeon will kill Jae Young and that my parents will blame me for this.

~*~

My parents burst into the room and my dad screams towards Hakyeon, who all the blood out of Jae Young's body. I can't do anything, because I'm frozen in my spot.

''Stay away from my son, you monster!'' my dad screams and runs towards Hakyeon, who hits my dad quite hard making sure my dad flies backwards and lands hard on his back. No! Not my dad! I wanna get up to hurry over to my dad, but my dad only glares at me.

''And I never wanna see you again, you disgrace! You're no longer my son, I hate you until the day I die!'' he screams and it's anger what is boiling right now. I get up and I run towards my dad. I sit on top of him and I glare at him with my bloodshot eyes.

''You better couldn't have said that. But I was about to leave anyways, because everyone here hates me.'' I tell him and I bare my fangs, which scare the hell out of my dad. I then get up and I look at my mum, who has fear in her eyes aswell and she is crying.

''I can't trust you any longer aswell, like everyone here. Hereby, I step back as the heir to the throne and I leave immediately!'' I yell and I want to turn around, but my dad is cursing at me yet again. 

I sit back upon him and I sink my fangs into his neck. My dad screams and tries to push me off him, but he fails because I sink my fangs deeper into his neck. After a few minutes, I finally pull back and I get up but I look my dad in the eyes to hypnotize him.

''Go away and pretend I have never existed!'' I tell him and once my dad repeats after me, I look at Hakyeon with a smile. It still hurts me that Hakyeon killed my dearest brother, but I couldn't make the move to stop Hakyeon. I guess I love him too much for that.