Where I Belong

Under His Spell || DISCONTINUED

Wow, what was that? Why did he kiss me? The vampire lets go and smiles at me.

''You're mine, Taekwoon. And now that you're of my kind, I can rule of my kingdom. Because you are my mate.'' the vampire and I look at the ground. I'm a vampire like him, I'm his mate and he wants to rule with me over his kingdom. The vampire steps towards me and wraps an arm around my neck.

''You come with me. Your family is no longer capable of taking care of you and you are no longer capable of ruling over this kingdom, you will become lonely.'' the vampire says and his voice seemed to be softened, because he sounded really threatening a few moments earlier.

''Leo doesn't go anywhere, he stays here!'' Jae Young yells and my parents join him.

''You let go of our son, you monster. Taekwoon doesn't go anywhere without my permission!'' my dad says and I look at him. He's got to be kidding me right? I hope so. I push away the arm of the vampire and I look at everyone around me.

''Leave me alone now. I don't know what to do or to think thanks to mr. vampire here. I need time for myself to take this situation in, it's one big chaos in my mind. Let me alone!'' I tell everyone and I run in an extreme speed downstairs outside to the backyard. Now that this vampire turned my life upside down, it's chaos in my mind. Do I wanna stay here or do I choose for it to join the vampire, while he is a complete stranger to me?

Where do I belong? I sit down on the bench and my head is hidden in my hands. I thought that I was living a happy life and that I slowly could prepare myself for taking over the throne of my dad when time would be there, until a random vampire came to end all of this. He turned me into a vampire and he claimed me as his mate. I'm confused right now, I'm too scared to choose the wrong option. Everytime I try to think of my parents, I hear this vampire in my mind saying that I belong to him. His mate. I'm no longer myself.

~*~

Not long after that, someone joins me on the bench. I had told everyone that they had to leave me alone right? I look up and Minyoung has joined me.

''I've heard everything and it's heartbreaking to see you like this right now.'' Minyoung and places a hand on my shoulder.

''Minyoung, I don't know what to or think. That vampire ended my life and he left a mark in my neck, what is a sign that I'm his mate. I'm no longer the Leo you all knew, but I am a vampire who is dangerous for you. I can cry right now, but I can't cry anymore. I'm a person without a life in its body.'' I tell Minyoung and I take a deep breath. I'm so desperate right now.

''Taekwoon-ah, you're my brother. I'm here for you, whatever your decision is. And about that vampire, you probably will love him later on. Don't look at him as your mate at first, but take it off as if you two are in a relationship.'' Minyoung tells me and her head rests on my shoulder. Minyoung is right. I have to start off pretty slow with this vampire, because I will accept him as my mate. I think I really needed this conversation with Minyoung, I really needed this.

''Thanks Minyoung, I really needed this conversation.'' I tell her and Minyoung and I look at each other, before Minyoung starts to smile.

''No problem, brother.'' Minyoung tells me and I wrap my arms around her, what results in giving her a hug. I really can rely on my family, especially my siblings. But it's gonna be different when they all will die one day and I will leave behind. Maybe I should turn them, but I guess I should let them grow old and let them die.

I guess my dad has that wish, he rather wants to die peacefully when I'm ready enough to take over the crown from my dad.

~*~

Minyoung and I go back inside and everyone ,including the vampire, are waiting inside for my answer.

''I talked to Minyoung and I decided to stay here. I want to take it slow with the vampire, because of the fact that he has claimed me. But that does mean to all of you that I sleep when you all are awake and the other way around.'' I tell everyone and my parents are cheering, just like my siblings. The vampire isn't so happy, but he soon realises that all of this is new to me.

I just need the time to get used to everything, I hope that he will stay away from me and that he will give me the distance that I need. I then walk with Minyoung and Jae Young to upstairs to my room.

''I'm proud of you Minyoung, to talk this out with Leo.'' Jae Young says when he closes the door of my bedroom door behind us and he sits on the other side of me.

''I really needed the conversation with Minyoung, because I was very confused about all of this.'' I tell them and Jae Young places a hand on my leg.

''I understand, but I'm glad that you stay with us. I think I would've locked myself into my room if you chose for this weird guy.'' Jae Young says and growls when he talks about the vampire. I understand him all too well, who would think of it to leave their family behind after being bitten by a vampire?

I stay at the place where I belong... and that's not with him.