After All These Years

Under His Spell || DISCONTINUED

10 years later...

10 years ago, I left my family behind because I felt like a foreigner to my own parents. I went with Hakyeon and I'm glad that I moved in with him and his family. Right now, his parents moved to a smaller palace that is owned by them and Hakyeon and I are crowned as the new kings. Hakyeon's younger brothers still live with us, but I'm okay with that. I broke all the contact with my family and I have never spoken to them ever since I left to go with Hakyeon.

''Taekwoon honey, wake up.'' Hakyeon's velvet voice says and I feel his arms wrapped around my waist. I moan and I manage to turn after a few minutes, making Hakyeon smile at me.

''Really Hakyeon? I loved to sleep.'' I tell him and Hakyeon giggles, before he places a kiss on my forehead.

''It's time to get up, Taekwoon. We have a lot to do today.'' Hakyeon says and streaks through my hair. Right, we have a lot to do today. Including a royal who is going to visit us today and Hakyeon doesn't let go a single word about who this is. And please, don't let it be my family. I don't want them in my life anymore. But we'll see who is visiting us today.

''Hmm, alright then. But only because you want me to get up for that.'' I tell him and Hakyeon smiles brighter before he pulls me closer. Since I moved in with Hakyeon, I feel accepted and I feel welcome here. Hakyeon was right all this time, he told me before that I would become lonely if I stayed there with my family. He was right all this time. Hakyeon streaks over my back and I bite on my lip as soon as Hakyeon giggles.

''You are so cute, Taekwoon. That's why I'm glad your on my side, but I want to be yours forever. I can't wait to officially call you mine.'' Hakyeon says and I look a bit confused at him. Did Hakyeon meant he wants to marry me? I don't know, but it would be cute though. Hakyeon and I sit up straight and Hakyeon immediately grabs a small box from the night stand. When he opens it, a gorgeous ring is revealing itself.

''Will you marry me, Taekwoon?'' Hakyeon asks and I nod with a smile. See? I told you that Hakyeon was going to propose to me? Hakyeon slides the ring on my finger and presses a kiss on my lips. I place a hand on his shoulder and I lean in to Hakyeon's passionate kiss.

~*~

At this moment, Hakyeon and I are having breakfast and we are already talking about how we want the wedding to look like. It's a tradition to have a big wedding in the cathedral not so far away from the palace.

Hakyeon proposed to me when we were just in bed and I never have hesitated to say yes, because I know that Hakyeon is the one for me. With Hakyeon, I'm happy and I'm happy to live among the kind I have to live with. So Hakyeon's proposal came at the right moment. 

It doesn't take long before a servant comes into the room to announce that Jaehwan, Hongbin, Sanhyuk and Wonshik are ready to have breakfast. The four young men enter the dining room shortly after the announcement and they all take a seat.

''Oh my god Hakyeon, did you propose to Taekwoon? I see a ring on his finger.'' Jaehwan points at my ring and the other three take a closer look. Hakyeon smiles and nods.

''I proposed to him in bed, so we're engaged for a short time now.'' Hakyeon says with proud and Wonshik wraps his arms around my arm.

''It's about damn time that you two are going to get married, you two look so cute together and the four of us were waiting for the moment of the announcement that you two are engaged.'' Wonshik says and smiles, before he lets go of me. A few servants bring in the food for the four men and the four men start to eat as soon as the servants have told them to eat well. 

While Hongbin, Sanhyuk, Jaehwan and Wonshik are having breakfast, Hakyeon grabs my hand and rubs over it. Hakyeon is on cloud nine that he proposed to me and he can't wait until we are married. I can't wait either, but we have to plan everything.

''Your Majesty, a visitor has arrived to see you.'' a servant says and Hakyeon nods, before he gets up and pulls me up with him.

''While these four are having breakfast, let's meet the visitor shall we?'' Hakyeon says and pulls me with him towards the hall. Ugh, why so early? We have had this before that visitors came early and stayed the entire day. Or does this one stay the whole day too? We enter the hall and as soon as I see who the visitor is, my eyes widen. Min Young has found me and she stands in front of us like a very mighty queen.

''Look who we have here, queen Min Young. Nice to meet you, my queen.'' Hakyeon says and Min Young bows when we stand in front of her. Hakyeon and I bow at the same time and I try to do everything to pretend I don't recognise her.

~*~

Min Young then looks at me and a smile appears on her face while she takes a step forward.

''I'm glad I have finally found you, Taekwoon. For 10 years, we didn't know where to start our search for you and we have lived an unhappy life without you. Well, mum and dad were acting strange and kept saying they never knew you. I didn't give up the hope and I kept searching for you, even when it was my time to take the crown from mum. But I have finally found you, good to see you in such a good condition.'' Min Young says and pulls me in for a hug.

I can't tell her why my parents are acting like that, because I put them under my spell and I told them they have to pretend I never existed. Min Young lets go of me and grabs my hand, ignoring that I have cold hands.

''Wait a minute Taekwoon, are you engaged to him?'' Min Young asks and looks at my ring. Hakyeon giggles and nods as soon as Min Young looks at him.

''We're engaged since today.'' Hakyeon simply answers and looks at me. Min Young follows Hakyeon's gaze and smiles when she looks at me. So that means she is happy for me huh? Well, okay. That's great. But she doesn't have to think I will return to them, because I am a king next to Hakyeon and I rule over the vampires. I am accepted and welcomed here and I didn't feel that back at my former home.

''My younger brothers are still having breakfast, so let's go to the ballroom shall we?'' Hakyeon says and Min Young nods, before Hakyeon and I walk to the livingroom and Min Young following us.

So it was Min Young who came to visit today huh? Okay then.

''I'll take our other siblings with me the next time, because they can't wait to see you too.'' Min Young tells me and places a hand on my shoulder, before I sigh softly. So they haven't forgotten about me huh? I am still a part of their family? Well, okay.