JIN: Chapter 2

Pink Bubbles

*Back to lead girl’s perspective the next morning*

 

 

    “...”

 

I wake up to the sound of birds. I sit up, looking around for my phone, because I’m used to it waking me up (not birds). My head slightly hurts from a possible hangover, and I grab hold of it as I look down at what I’m wearing. It’s the same clothes as yesterday. Except there’s a jacket next to the covers. It looks like...Jin’s?! Wait a minute. I try hard to remember last night: I went to the bar with Grace and Jimin, I drank more than I should have, and… it ends there.

 

 

    I groan and look at the time. It’s still 6:30 am. I hurriedly look for my phone to call Grace to see if she knows what happened last night and pray it’s not what I fear: having Jin take me home. I really don’t want to bother him.

 

 

    I can’t find my bag in the room so I walk out into the living room to see if it’s there. I stop. I can’t believe what I’m seeing. It’s Jin. And he’s sleeping on the couch. Has he always been doing that? Is this a dream? Before I can react, I see him stirring.

 

V9fSsxshbGgq-WSB_aNfPtIuSCzWrKDVsyXpMC4GJCFpTT3FlEqp3HlgLHJc52rLsYkekDTQaUCbLeSDLYROjA1FYAP2FIHCFP2RpOUagxlrQSmW_wVMz9_G8HqmyNU_wqKV6JVd

 

“...what time is it?” he asks, his voice slightly hoarse, as he looks up at the clock. Was he talking to himself? I don’t think he noticed me yet. The sunrise shining on his light hair and pale skin makes it look like he’s filming some music video of his own. I then remember how I haven’t even washed up. Oh no…

 

 

    I make a u-turn and try to tip toe back to the room. I’m almost there when I hear Jin’s voice behind me.

 

 

    “Did you sleep well?” Darn it. I turn around slowly and see Jin sitting up. He slightly smiles at me with half-closed eyes. His hair is messy but strangely attractive. My hair on the other hand is...poop. I smile back and nod, trying to not make this more awkward than it already is.

 

    “Let’s eat breakfast,” he says and starts to get up.

 

Wait a minute. Did the sun rise on the west this morning? Why is he acting like this? Breakfast? He never ate with me. He was never even present in the morning when I woke up. This is so weird. Jin notices me staring at him dumbfoundedly and he laughs shortly before placing his large hand on my head. His eyes slide down but then he quickly looks away after clearing his throat.

 

 

    “You should change into something more comfortable,” he says quietly as he walks to the kitchen. I look down and see how I’m still in the miniskirt I wore yesterday. Did it get shorter or was it always this short? My face heats up as I scurry back to the room to change.

 

 

    As soon as I slide into joggers and an oversized hoodie, I head to the bathroom to wash my face. I almost puke at myself in the mirror; my hair is literally a mop on my head and my lips are severely cracked. But wait. I’m not wearing any makeup. Did I wash my face before going to bed? I don’t remember. I start to wash my face, tie my hair in a bun, and decide to ask Jin if he knows what happened last night.

 

 

     I walk to the kitchen and see Jin’s broad shoulders turned as he chops up vegetables. I slowly go beside him and ask, “What are you making?”

 

    He flinches like he wasn’t expecting me to be right next to him and I automatically step back. He looks at me and responds, “Omelets.”

 

Then he turns on the stove before grabbing a frying pan. I look around to see if there’s anything to do to help. Jin sees me looking lost and he uses one hand to gently push me towards the table.

 

 

    “Just sit down and I’ll make everything,” he says. I nod and stare at him as he goes back to the stove. He cracks a couple of eggs and begins working magic in the frying pan. And it smells so good. I’ve never seen him cook and can’t remember when I last had a conversation with him. Why is he acting like this all of a sudden? And why is he good at even cooking? I take a seat.

 

    After finishing, he gently places a plate of freshly made omelet in front of me. He then reaches in the drawer and hands me a fork and a knife. I thank him and he nods. I watch him as he goes back to get his own plate and silverware before sitting across from me. I decide to ask him what happened last night and why he was all of a sudden behaving like this after I take a bite. I stab a piece of omelet and shove it into my mouth. My eyes get big at how delicious it is. It’s way better than the toast and fried egg I’ve been having every day. I smile as I take another bite and my eyes meet Jin’s. He looks at me with raised eyebrows.

 

 

    “Is it good?” he asks. I nod my head rapidly, assuring him it’s fantastic. I even give him a thumbs up and only then does he smile before taking a bite himself. He nods at his own cooking and I’m busy clearing my plate.  

 

    “Take your time. Were you hungry?” Jin hands me a glass of water. Then he gets up and walks over to a pot on the stove I didn’t notice before. He opens it and I see steam coming out of it. He takes a scoop and pours some sort of soup into a bowl. He walks towards me and sets the bowl in front of me. I look at him questioningly.

 

    “It’s chicken broth. It’ll help with your hangover,” he says.

 

    “When did you prepare all this?” I ask him. I take a sip and feel my head become clearer. I let out a sigh of relief and Jin responds, “It’s nothing,” before continuing to eat his omelet. I stare at him and muster up the courage to ask him what I wanted to ask.

 

 

    “Um Jin?” He meets my eyes. I clear my throat before going on, “I don’t remember what happened yesterday after I went out with my friends. Did I...make a mistake and call you or something?”

 

    I wait. Jin slowly chews and slightly nods. “Your friend called me after you got drunk so I went and brought you back home.”

 

    “Oh… sorry,” I say. I look down.

 

    “Just don’t drink too much next time,” Jin says softly before clearing his plate. I nod. Then I ask, “Why... are you all of a sudden being so good to me? I mean, you don’t usually stay for breakfast.”

 

    “...” Jin doesn’t respond and I’m scared I made a mistake for asking.

 

    “Jin?”

 

 

    “I just...wanted to.” He takes my plate and bowl to the sink. He rolls up his sleeves and begins to wash the dishes. I stay seated and wonder what in the world has gotten into him.

 

 

 

    “I’m getting dressed,” he says after he’s done. He makes his way towards the room and I’m still glued to my seat. All I can do is nod at him like an idiot. I must’ve said something in my drunken state. Ugh...what is it? I grab my head and tell myself to remember. But I can’t. As I’m still holding my head, I hear Jin come out. When I look up, I see Jin’s face right in front of me.

 

 

 

 

QcOW-LtQYtT_9C6myva9-qUstg__ZjgdWocGwtuwvEuI687CLeVMX2YS2X8hHGyUXlVW3LsIj1EHnoGSYtFObDSs03h9OtzVB_91ItkArw9vl9jd9pHbJTU5UX2ugG2MBgXkEFdd

 

“You okay?” he asks and I nearly jump out of my chair. His face is so close.

 

“Yeah,” I tell him. He steps back and grabs his jacket. I stare at him in awe of how well his attire suits him. I’ve never seen him dressed for work, remember? The sun seems to really like him because it’s constantly shining on him. I turn to look out the window and notice how nice the weather is today. I smile and stretch my hand out to block the sun’s rays when I’m interrupted by Jin’s voice.

 

 

“I’m going now,” he says as he puts on his shoes.

 

“Have a good day,” I get up from my seat and walk towards him before adding, “And thank you for everything.”

 

Jin slightly nods.

 

“See you,” he says and opens the door. I watch the door close behind him and sigh. I’m still not used to him.

 

 

***

 

 

“Hello?” I answer the phone.

 

“(y/n), it’s me.” I recognize the voice and my eyes enlarge.

 

“Oh hello, mother,” I say as brightly as I can. It’s Jin’s mom.

 

“How have you been? It’s been so long,” she says with a laugh.

 

“Well. How about you?” I ask.

 

“I’m doing well as well. I had constantly asked Jin to arrange a meal for us all, but he never listens.” He never mentioned that. She continues, “Which is why I called you.”

 

“Oh,” I say before pausing.

 

“Are you and Jin free this Friday?”

 

“I’m free any day, but I’ll have to ask Jin,” I tell her.

 

“Alright, let me know. I’d like to catch up on things with you two, and so does my husband.”

 

“Sure thing. Goodbye,” I hang up. A family dinner? With my in-laws? I barely managed one meal with my own husband. I then start to debate whether or not I should text Jin about it now or wait until he gets home. Oh wait, he’s probably going to be back after I fall asleep.

 

 

Hey Jin, are you free on Friday evening? I text him. I place my phone on the bed and after a minute I hear it buzz.

 

 

I’ll make time. Why? Well that was fast. It’s Jin’s response and I feel guilty in case I had bothered him.

 

 

Mother wants to eat with us. I reply.

 

 

My mom? Did she call you? I smile at the fact that Jin knows I call his mom ‘mother,’ and my mom ‘mom.’ I quickly type in ‘yes’ and press send.

 

 

Alright. Tell her I can. is Jin’s response. I quickly exit the chatting room to call Mother. As soon as she picks up, I politely tell her we will meet her on Friday evening at whatever place she chooses. She tells me to come to her place and I comply. After we hang up, I notice a message arrived.

 

 

What are you doing now? You want to go out for dinner?

 

 

I blink at the text. I double check to make sure it’s Jin who sent it. First breakfast and now dinner? What is he doing? I mean, I don’t mind it but it’s so sudden. I text back and let him know that I’ll be in front of his office at whatever time.

 

 

He replies: See you at 7.

 

 

***

 


Author's Notes:

I'll keep it short; I AM SO SORRY I'M LATE and THANK YOU AGAIN FOR READING:)