JIN: Chapter 1

Pink Bubbles

*Once again, the following content has nothing to do with the actual people it’s based on. And it’s even cheesier so just be aware. Thank you.*

 

    When all my friends got into the universities they dreamed of going, I got married. At the age of 19. To a 25 year old CEO of a nationally well-known company called BH. And all I can do is stay in a huge apartment school-less, jobless, and nearly friendless. I’m just plain bored and lonely 98% of the time.

 

    This is the story about a man who never chose to love me.

 

 

***

 

 

    I wake up to the sound of my alarm. My eyes are still heavy, adjusting to the light. We shouldn’t have bought white curtains; it’s too bright in the morning. I turn off my alarm and look to my right. He’s not there again. I mean, he never was when I opened my eyes. It kind of feels like I’m living alone, despite the fact that I’m married.

 

    My husband, Kim Seok Jin, who hates it when people call him that, goes by his business name, Jin. And like I said, he’s a CEO of a major company. That means he’s either overloaded with work or he loves his office so much that he leaves at dawn and returns at dawn.

 

Did we marry by choice? You think?

 

Long story short, my family’s company was experiencing a severe decline in stocks and my father, who is best friends with Jin’s father, decided it best to form a business alliance by marrying me off. And Jin’s father agreed. Thus, both companies are currently successful, even though it’s only been about a month since my wedding day. Was there any other choice? Well, Jin is the second oldest out of three brothers, and his other two brothers are abroad, doing their own businesses. He’s the only one working at his father’s place, making him the favored one and the one to marry off for business purposes. I’m the youngest of two, but my older sister is already married. So I guess if an arranged marriage was going to happen, Jin and I were the only option.

 

 

    Is he handsome? Well you tell me.

 

tAFR7uDWXN4VREOwBpomGAv4h3EouXg_TE5WW6dpN4SRiGyLS85pDp-RQmugKNwlstzZagEwQygCHO3im9KKMhoR95zlRc5GpND_K0vWECWS8MmpFOb69BL0Xc440mDla21GeNBr

 

 

    That’s him right there. CEO of BH. Jin Kim (aka Seokjin, but remember he hates people calling him that and I don’t know why). In my opinion, he’s extremely good looking. But am I happy I’m married to him? I don’t know.

 

    The apartment we’re living in is not like the luxurious, lavish homes of actual CEOs shown in movies. In fact, it’s much more simple, almost like the average home. Both Jin and I wanted a simple, minimalistic house, and me being the type to say no to househelps, I find myself doing all the housework. Alone.

 

I’m starting to get used to this lonely married life (ironic right?). I lazily walk to the kitchen and start the coffee machine. I then go into the bathroom to wash up and change, even though it’s obvious I’m going to stay home all day. After that, I go out and continue making breakfast: a toast with fried egg in addition to coffee. It’s been awhile since I’ve eaten a decent meal with someone, and so I automatically turn on the radio while I eat. I feel like I’m actually with someone that way.

 

 

“You know how there’s so many homebodies these days?” the radio DJ is saying, “Well I think these people need some fresh air. And that’s why our studio is giving out 15 free coupons to use at the BH mall bar.”

 

My ears perk up at homebodies and BH mall bar. I relate to homebodies so well now, and the BH mall belongs to Jin’s family.

 

“Yes, well we can’t just give these out for free,” the DJ continues, “For all you homebodies out there, send us your stories and we’ll choose 15 winners! That way you can go get some fresh air and be around people. It’s our treat.”

 

 I’ve been listening to this radio for about a month now and so I quickly get my phone out to participate. My eager fingers start to write a story: “Hello, I am a married lady practically living alone…”

 

 

I know there’s no chance of me winning the coupon, but I decide to write for fun. After all, there’s nothing else to do around here except use the wifi or watch TV. I don’t even have hobbies anymore. As soon as I finish writing, I send it to the radio broadcasting system. I then get up to wash the dishes.

 

As I put the dishes on the dryer and walk out into the living room, the radio continues. “Ah yes, we have so many stories to choose from,” the DJ pauses before saying, “Let’s start with this one!”

 

 

I listen to all the stories being shared and I realize how many people are living like I am. Some are fine with it, some are sad by it, and others are just hoping for something exciting to happen. Well that’s only going to happen if they actually step out of their homes (these people are all homebodies, remember?). As the DJ looks for the last story, I decide there’s no way mine will be chosen so I go to turn off the radio and find something else to do. But as my hand hovers over the power button, I hear, “This last story really breaks my heart in a way. It’s sent from a person with the username “Lonely Housewife.” It begins like this: Hello, I am a married lady practically living alone and it’s been a month since I’ve even had a meal with someone. My husband is extremely busy and so I never get to see him. My only company is this radio, and I am being completely honest…”

 

 

Wait a minute. That’s mine! I turn up the volume and continue to listen. As soon as the DJ finishes, my phone starts to ring. I check to see that a coupon has arrived. I smile. I guess there is a chance of winning.

 

But the next question is, how am I going to go to a bar by myself? Or who will I go with? I hardly have any friends I contacted for the past month (except for two), and I never went outside besides the grocery store because there was no one in particular to meet. I’m not one to go around seeking adventure. I sigh and look at the now useless coupon. Just then, my phone rings again.

 

 

It’s the only friends I have currently. Grace and Jimin. They’ve been my friends since middle school and they’re the only ones who still keep in touch. They even came to my wedding.

 

 

IMG_1500.PNG

IMG_1501.PNG  

  IMG_1502.PNG

 

 

So just as I thought I couldn’t even use the coupon I got today, my friends come to the rescue. I’m excited, even though our hangout is hours away. I skip to my closet and decide what I should wear (even though I already changed) and can’t help but giggle at the fact that I’m finally going out.

 

 

***

 

 

I’m at the entrance of the BH mall after an hour of grooming myself. It’s been such a long time since I’m going to meet people other than the grocery lady that I had to put on some makeup and a mini skirt. Otherwise they’ll rot in my drawers.

 

I then hear a voice.

 

“(y/n)!” I turn to see Grace running at me with open arms. She looks as though she just came back from a college lecture with her huge book bag. I embrace her and she holds my face in her hands saying, “Girl, how are you? I’m so sorry I couldn’t meet you more often; college is no joke.”

 

Before I can tell her it’s okay and that I’m fine, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see Jimin, who is wearing his signature beanie and also carrying a huge bag.

 

“Tell me about it,” he agrees with Grace and then smiles at me, “Hey, how have you been? You look nice.”

 

“Thanks, and I’m doing well, despite the fact that I haven’t been around this many people for the past number of weeks,” I tell them both. Grace claps her hands together and shouts, “Well, let’s go in and forget about life’s stresses!”

 

Jimin and I laugh at her cuteness and follow her inside.

 

 

The mall is breathtakingly huge and I almost forget that this mall belongs to my husband’s family. Wow, he really is something. I mean, my family’s business is quite grand, but we never owned a mall like this one. I guess now it’s safe to say that everything is our family’s, since I’m now a part of Jin’s family and he’s a part of mine.

 

The bar is surprisingly easy to find; as soon as we turn right, Grace runs to point at a large, black and gold sign that says “BH Bar.” Jimin and I walk towards it and the three of us enter.

 

 

“Can we get some fried chicken with that?” Jimin is ordering.

 

Grace constantly chats with me, asking me how Jin is and what I’ve been doing at home. She keeps ending with an apology that she couldn’t contact or meet me more often. I tell her everything about my past month and also tell her I understand how busy college life is. By the time I’m done, Jimin looks at me with a worried look. I raise my eyebrow.

 

“So...you never saw your husband for the past month?” he asks. I guess he heard me talk to Grace.

 

“Yeah...only glimpses of him. He’s super busy anyway,” I nod.

 

“He needs to treat you well though! No one is getting away with mistreating my (y/n)!” Grace almost shouts. Jimin nods. I smile at the two of them weakly. The waiter soon comes with our order. Grace hands me a glass of beer and we soon cheer.

 

 

I’m not so good with alcohol and although I only had half a glass, I’m already starting to feel dizzy. I giggle at the thought of feeling drunk. Or am I drunk already? But I just started…

 

“Is she gone already?” I hear Jimin’s voice and feel a cold finger poke my cheek.

 

“Oh (y/n)...” Grace says with a laugh. I can’t stop drinking though. Maybe I was craving this. I grab a chicken leg and gulp down the rest of my glass before asking for another.

 

 

***

 

 

*Jin’s perspective*

 

I’ve always been busy. It’s not a lifestyle I’ve chosen, but definitely one I’m used to. My brain has been wired to think in business terms and from a business perspective for as long as I can remember. And that’s what I thought of my marriage with (y/n): a business.

 

I never really thought about getting married in the first place, but from what I saw around me, I thought it would be polite to at least live together. The only thing being that I left before (y/n) woke up to go to work and returned home after she fell asleep. I tried to sleep next to her for the first week, but I soon found myself on the couch. It was better that way for the both of us. She never complained about not seeing me, and I was too busy with work to notice.

 

 

“How is (y/n)?” my father asked me the other day.

 

“She’s doing well,” I lied. I honestly had no idea how she’s doing, and I hadn’t had the time to ask.

 

“You be good to her,” my father said, touching my shoulder, “I’ve seen her ever since she could talk, and I know she’s one of a kind. Treat her well before you regret anything.”

 

“Yes father, I will,” I assured him, although one side of my heart started to poke at me with guilt. I hadn’t been half the husband I should’ve been.

 

 

And now, as I’m organizing files from the meeting I had today, my phone starts to vibrate. I look to see who it is that’s calling. My eyes get large at the name: (y/n).

 

 

“Hello?” I immediately pick up. She’s never called me before. But before I can ask what’s the matter, a male’s voice answers.

 

“Hello? Is this Jin Kim?” says the voice.

 

I feel my face turning sour. Was she with a guy? Who is this guy?

 

“Yes. And isn’t this (y/n)’s phone?” I ask back in a relatively calm manner.

 

“Yes it is. Sorry to startle you, but there was no one else to contact. (y/n) is currently at the BH mall bar, and she’s too drunk to go home on her own. I would take her home but…”

 

“I’ll be there in fifteen minutes,” I say cutting him off. I quickly grab my jacket and leave my office. I jog to my car and start it up. What was going on? She never went out. I can’t get the guy who called out of my head either. Who is he?

 

 

I arrive at the mall and run inside. I find the bar, ignoring all the employees looking at me with large eyes, as I’m sure they know I’m the CEO. As I walk inside, I hear a voice that sounds like (y/n).

 

 

“He never even eats with me! I mean, I don’t expect that much from him. I don’t expect him to love me or anything, but he can at least be there when I wake up, right? I don’t even wake up that late! I’m up by 7! He has plenty of time to get ready for work at 7 in the morning,” she is saying. Or shouting.

 

I’ve never seen her drunk before, but then I remind myself I haven’t even seen her laugh. Her cheeks are pink and she’s waving her finger in the air as she talks. I can’t help but laugh. It’s...cute, the way she’s behaving. But a part of me aches. I didn’t know she felt that way. My thoughts stop when I see a guy place his hand on her shoulder.

 

 

“(y/n), come on. We need to go home now,” he says. I assume it’s the guy who called. I walk up to him and sharply remove his hand from her. He looks up at me with huge, monolid eyes.

 

“I’ll take it from here,” my tone is cold. He nods and soon goes after another drunk girl. She’s out cold on the table and I’m relieved to see her. So it wasn’t just this dude and (y/n) drinking. There was another person.   

 

“I’ll take care of this girl, so please take (y/n) home safely,” the guy says, pointing to the other girl with a smile. He looks like a mochi.

 

I grimace. I have to admit, he’s pretty good looking though. But who was he to tell me what to do with my own wife? Of course I’m going to take her home safely.

 

 

“Thank you. We’ll be on our way now,” I slightly nod my head and the guy waves. I take (y/n)’s bag and put her arm around my neck while grabbing her back. I look down and notice she’s wearing a mini skirt. Er… I set her back down and take off my jacket. I wrap it around her legs before picking her up again.  

 

“Why did she wear such a thing,” I mutter. As I take her outside, immediately two guards come to help me. I think they recognize me as their boss. I glance at them, who are trying to get (y/n) off of me, and feel uncomfortable at the thought of them touching (y/n).

 

    “It’s fine, just get my car out and ready,” I tell them and they run off. It’s so late that there’s hardly anyone in the mall.

 

 

    I place (y/n) in the passenger seat and slowly push the seat back so she’s laying down. I grab an extra jacket from the back seat and place it over her shoulders before closing the door and getting in the car from the other side. I’m constantly thinking about what she said about me not even eating with her as I drive.

 

 

    “Mm…” I turn to (y/n), who shifts in her seat.

 

    “Are you cold?” I ask, doubting she’s going to answer.

 

    “No, I’m happy,” she replies. I look at her, and she’s smiling. I’m so confused but I continue driving, knowing she’s drunk.

 

    “I’m glad I drank! I’m glad I went out! I’m glad…” she continues with a giggle. I can’t say anything back. I didn’t know she felt so lonely. I never wanted her to feel that way. I just assumed she was fine with me working and her staying home.

 

 

As we arrive, I park my car and gently lift (y/n) out of her seat. I struggle to open the lobby door, but a security staff helps me. I nod to him in thanks and quickly press the elevator button.

 

    As I finally open the door of our apartment, I’m lost as to what I should do after setting (y/n) down on the bed. I decide to first take off her shoes and pull the covers over her. She doesn’t move an inch.

 

 

“She’s wearing makeup,” I notice. I quickly grab wet wipes from the bathroom and start to gently remove her makeup. I’ve never really paid attention to her face before, but as I’m erasing, I take note of everything: her long eyelashes, small nose, red lips.

 

I stop at her lips. I feel my face growing warm and I quickly erase the rest of her makeup, realizing how little I know about (y/n). I wasn’t even aware of her facial features.

 

And how pretty she is.

 

 

“Treat her well before you regret anything,” my father’s voice echoes in my head.

 

 

After I tuck her in, I make my way to the bathroom and take a hot shower. It isn’t until 1 am when I finally fall asleep. On the couch.

 

 

***

 


Author's Notes:

OH MY GOODNESS KIM SEOKJIN IS A CEO GAHHH WHAT (when you fangirl while you write).

1Os4wGRCxtgv9J9QET2O_qGcgEKDLR6Q2rfXPPSQ0kfmxXSRRQgT6sCD897Vn30HP6iKrrI3KgKPm4ITKdPV2nsQuRd6S03Hsr1wACb73DaIa3xPlhKSDO6dzTNGKqXoP8S4mdNn

 

I am back with our JINNIE JIN--and YES he is a CEO. I was so tempted to make him the dad joke lover he is, but here he's a pretty chill, gentle dude...or so I tried.

We'll see how long that lasts though.. HAHA

Lols I really don't know where I'm going with any of my stories and I'm going to apologize beforehand for the cheese coming our way XD

I want to say thank you to all of you who are putting up with me and actually taking the time to read my stories; I love you all *insert heart*

THANK YOUUUUUUU