SUGA: Chapter 3

Pink Bubbles

 

The next morning, I park the car Mr. Kim provided for me in the same lot as before and walk to class. I can tell it’s going to be another long, but beautiful day. There isn’t a single cloud in the sky. And to make things even more beautiful, my favorite orange backpack comes into view. And of course, the owner of that backpack turns to me as I call him, “Yoongiyah!”

 

Yoongi stops walking like he’s waiting for me to catch up and I run up to him. Oh, he’s wearing plaid today. Cute.

 

“Did you sleep well?” I ask and before Yoongi can answer, a voice interrupts, “Who’s that?”

 

 

c-bMu1z2JnkC_j_eeoSsZv0EyTYGjLDKtjqqIbDCIb8l76EYOXKQP-pwXIW6LFDK7knViUhxnSIsjWnUH22x6JsxIlcy92bxSqXHZs2Vql79VBPdwrFuI6KnUkyqj5peXexw-7Yh

 

 

I turn to see a guy peeking over Yoongi’s shoulder and leaning his face out towards me.

 

“Hey man, stop,” Yoongi mutters as he pushes the guy’s face away. He then turns to me and notices my confused face.

 

“This is Seokjin,” he says, answering my unasked questions. I nod and wave at Seokjin, who waves back with a grin.

 

“I’m (y/n),” I introduce myself and Seokjin nods while responding, “Just call me Jin.”

 

“Are you two friends? I haven’t seen you around,” I say to Seokjin. Or Jin. He nods again and puts his arm around Yoongi’s shoulder.

 

“Oh we’re more than just friends,” he says with a smirk and shouts in pain as Yoongi punches his arm.

 

“We’ve known each other since high school. And he just got back from a conference so that’s why you haven’t seen him around,” Yoongi says as he glares at Jin, who is still rubbing his arm. I smile at the two and the three of us make it to our first class.

 

 

 

“(y/n), sit here!” Jin tugs at my arm to sit in the seat next to him and Yoongi. I almost say yes but remember that Min Junki teaches this class.

 

“Thanks, but I prefer sitting in the front,” I lie. Ugh, if it weren’t for my job I’d actually have non-agent friends (I felt bad for turning down Jin’s offer). Jin nods wide-eyed like he never expected me to be one of those front seat people and Yoongi glances at me before I make my way to the front of the room.

 

 

 

As usual, Min Junki greets us with a ‘good morning,’ as he walks into the room. And like every day, it’s hard for me to believe someone so flawless like him would be a vicious murderer. But what if he isn’t? I shake the thoughts out of my head and focus on his movement today as well. Honestly, observing someone lecturing isn’t super interesting, especially if he’s Min Junki. He’s so consistent and poised and before I know it, the class is over and I have nothing new to report to Mr. Kim. His slight hand tremor is still visible and I guess I’m going to have to go after him tonight as well to find any more information.

 

 

 

During lunch, I grab a seat next to Jin, across from Yoongi. Jin grins at me and tells me to eat up, and I smile back at him. He seems like a super friendly guy; the type that can make anyone laugh, you know? I guess that’s why he’s able to be friends with Yoongi too. I mean, you’re going to have to need a lot of patience and energy if you’re planning on being friends with Yoongi. No offense to him or anything, since I’m the one that started bugging him to be friends.

 

I look at Yoongi to see if he’s eating, but he’s eyeing the two of us with a slightly irritated face. Is he mad or something? When his eyes meet mine, he quickly looks down and picks at the food on his plate. Huh.

 

“Yoongiyah...” I start to reach out when a tangle of golden fur comes into view.

 

 

WaufseGu2x1EBA6aUX33D9dlmCc6Grk0XtqGiUxEfjPSf-s2DLX1XupaKW7gCxUuBnppn1gUpCrclxA8iPc0ph1ZR9-jY01NxVnIhkuoS5NpmO5xLq_Yj7ji5w91015gEF3NMrlp

 

 

“Sunbaenim, can I sit here?” she says after she sits down next to Yoongi. I grimace. It’s that flirty blonde chick again. And why would she ask if she can sit down if she’s already sitting? I turn to see Yoongi, who just ignores her. I find myself smiling at that.

 

“Who’s that?” Jin whispers next to me. He’s shoving a spoon full of rice into his mouth while staring at the girl with wide eyes. He looks like a puppy.

 

“Why, is she pretty?” I as I notice his eyes fixed on her. Only then does he look at me and shake his head.

 

“She’s not my type. And besides,” he adds as he takes a sip water, “I wouldn’t touch Yoongi’s girlfriend.”  

 

“She’s not his girlfriend!” I shout. Jin coughs.

 

 

uGbqHH4pSJCKKhCo0xX5jB8oU_NlMpt9-nzf-lqwivL3XqrGKokFg5lBvbwRppxMnK6_DwDJQXxyw98HRmBL6Cv6w14Kl4XSCvmF4OBsyIN9itq-XNIUVmgTUieL4RIIG-CAyzwN

 

“...?”

 

Shoot. Did I just shout that…? I turn to see Yoongi staring at Jin and me in confusion.

 

“Okay,” Jin says slowly, “Calm down. I was just messing with the whole situation.” I feel so embarrassed I can’t even lift my head. I can hear Jin laugh and feel his hand on my head.

 

 

“It’s okay, I’ll keep the fact that you have a crush on Yoongi a secret,” he whispers, his face close to my ear. I glare at him and he only grins wider. I peek at Yoongi, who looks rather annoyed at the sight of Jin and me.

 

 

fEr3ILr7XsMB_PwnKmAJ_N3hbmZUAFc2CnsXwNQ2Rcf_-stYG40aNgOQa-6pEMpFmlq5Bvw79IfdSh1B1kVs3AMFL8oZgetk9X6ywpi3za8UhQ4mbqvtgptlhaU6b4YHLVbp2Eii

 

“What are you two whispering about?” he asks in an irritated tone as he sets his chopsticks down. Uh… I turn to Jin who only smiles.

 

 

 

RsR1VyGjYAWKDVC_03HbPD67owyHkYx2VghisogMw-d6uXI5VmRMr25jtgZ3kO0wR9BT44XC9ntXL2WkhWhnqUexueqLJkWAxAise9WapFgYoyDnI9KjW11Nuxw2AfaMIJO39yRw

 

“Hey, I know you!” the blonde chick interrupts. For once, I thank her. She points at me and I stare at her dumbfoundedly.

 

“You’re a freshman too, right?” she asks brighty. I nod and she starts blabbering about how hard college life is. I just nod at everything half-heartedly and soon hear her ask, “So what’s your name?”

 

 

bj7CVN7zgesDA7-BpyhK72soPgh4Ih-VB9jHn__3gIx1YfJOO5ON-ksUqHaTczopV_DnyH8KWdWhKrLNpf3jWj5HhKMrOzA7hl3oTF23YgqVH4j2njTJ-JPa2YoC2CtTTzRrf89A

 

“Unnie,” Yoongi responds before I can answer. Huh? That’s not my name. I look at Yoongi with a puzzled face. He’s back to picking food with his chopsticks as he repeats, “Unnie. She’s older than you. Call her unnie.”

 

“Oh… okay…” the girl says, looking at Yoongi with wide eyes. Jin nudges me and I give him a look that says I’m just as confused as he is. But what’s ‘Unnie?’ Someone older? Oh like a female version of ‘oppa?’ But why would Yoongi even care? Before I can even respond to any of this, I catch a glimpse Min Junki. Wait, he was in here this whole time? I watch him as he puts on his jacket and he leaves the cafeteria. I can almost hear Mr. Kim nag in my ear to go after him. There’s still fifteen minutes left of lunch. Where could he possibly go? I abruptly stand up with my tray and all three of them (the blondie, Yoongi, Jin) stare at me.

 

“Where are you going?” Jin asks as he grabs my arm. I see Yoongi grimace at Jin’s hand on me. I quickly smile and tell Jin I don’t feel so well and that I’m going to get some rest before the next period. His eyes enlarge as he asks, “Should I go with you?”

 

 

I shake my head and wave at them before hurrying out. I notice Yoongi staring at me with worried eyes as I say goodbye. Or at least, I think so. With Yoongi, I never know.

 

 

***

 

 

*Yoongi’s perspective*

 

 

    What’s with that girl, (y/n)? I mean, first she comes and sits next to me on her first day, and then every day after that she keeps calling me. Is it because I told her to call me by my name that first day we met? I bet the whole campus knows my name, thanks to her constant “Yoongiyah!”

 

 

    And the questions she asks aren’t even worth my time. What’s my favorite color, what’s my favorite food, did I eat, what did I eat, did I do my homework, etc. She talks so much, and even if I try to block her out with my earphones, she manages to keep blabbering.

 

 

I just...want to be friends with you, is what she’d said. Me? Why? I know myself, and unless you’re as stubborn as Kim Seokjin, it’s hard to get along with me. But then again, with her countless Yoonigyahs and questions (despite the fact that I ignore her most of the time), she might be just as stubborn as Seokjin. Or even more.

 

I guess that’s why I’m starting to find her more interesting, and not so annoying. Maybe I’m getting used to her. But definitely not into her. I run my fingers through my hair, confused as to how I even feel about (y/n). Whatever the case is, she’s not so bad.

 

My phone rings and I look at it to see a text. It’s from my brother, Min Junki.

 

 

Yoongiyah, I’m meeting up with someone today so order something for dinner, ok?   

 

 

He always meets up with someone once a week like this; all the other days he tries to eat dinner with me, unless I have other plans. Ever since the death of my sister-in-law, I’ve been living with him to keep him company. Doctors constantly told me about his depression, and I wanted to make sure he doesn’t make any rash decisions. I say that, but I don’t do anything about the countless bottles of soju in our fridge.

 

 

“Hey man, it’s time to go,” Seokjin says as he gets up. I check the time to see that it’s time to go to next period. Lunch doesn’t feel so short today with (y/n) gone but wait. Did I just say that? I shake my head and quickly get up as well.

 

“Sunbaenim, wait for me!” the blonde girl next to me says. I walk faster. Seokjin waits for me by the door and the two of us start heading to class. Seokjin waves at the blonde girl and she yells, “See you sunbaenims!”

 

 

   When we get to the classroom, I half expect to see (y/n), but she’s not at her usual seat. Besides always sitting in the front for first period, she always sits with me in the back. And when I come late, she always has a seat saved. This time I guess I’ll have to save her one--wait no. Why would I save her a seat? I never asked her to save mine. I sit in my usual seat and Seokjin slides into the desk next to me. I glance to make sure there’s another seat beside him in case (y/n) shows up. Hold up. I don’t know if I want her sitting next to Seokjin though. They’ve been whispering at each other too much lately. I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts running through. What is wrong with me? Why did I care so much?

 

Seokjin looks at me with a raised eyebrow and whispers, “What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing,” I tell him. He looks around and turns to me again, “Where is (y/n)?”

 

“Good afternoon,” the professor walks in before I can answer. Where is (y/n)? Is she really that sick?  I grimace.

 

 

    ***

 

 

*Back to (y/n)’s perspective*

 

 

    I run after Min Junki and spot him walking to his car. Oh that’s right. Today’s the day he doesn’t have any classes after lunch. So I’m guessing he’s going home. Or is he? I jog over to my car (I’m just going to call it mine) and start it up as Min Junki drives away. Another day of following after him, yippee.

 

I stop my car on the side of an alley as Min Junki walks into a building. I get out of the car and walk towards it as well.

 

 

 

BH Mental Health Clinic.

 

 

 

A clinic? Mental health? I furrow my eyebrows as my suspicions are starting to be proven true. He must be suffering some mental instability...but is it because of his wife’s death? I enter the building and look around. I catch a glimpse of Min Junki entering one of the rooms down the hallway to my right. I jog after him and as the door closes, I see the sign by it.

 

 

 

 Mental Health Counselor: Park Jimin

 

 

So he’s getting some counseling. I can’t see through the heavily tinted door and can’t hear a word either. Well this is frustrating. I walk back towards the entrance of the building and debate whether I should ask the front desk how long Min Junki’s been receiving help. But I know the strict rules of keeping patients’ information highly confidential. And it might be too obvious I’m stalking Min Junki if the person I asked told on me. I end up walking back to my car. I can only wait for him to come out.

 

 

It’s been about fifteen minutes before I see Min Junki walking to his car. Well that was pretty fast. I check the time. 12:50 pm. Shoot. I’m supposed to be in class. I better text Yoongi to let him know I won’t be coming. But as soon as I take out my phone, Min Junki’s car hits the road and I’m forced to toss my phone aside to follow after him.

 

 

I end up back to the grocery store Min Junki visited before. I guess this is where he goes every day. I enter the store after him and stop as I see him grab seven bottles of soju again. Wait a minute. He just bought that many yesterday, didn’t he? Did he finish them already? Is his liver still alive? Dang.

 

 

I dart out of the way as he goes to the cashier to pay for his alcohol. I turn my back to him, hoping he doesn’t see me. He quickly leaves the store after paying and I’m already finding myself exhausted following after him. What a life.

 

 

I’m now back in front of Min Junki’s apartment building, deciding whether or not I should go back home. I end up deciding to stay thirty minutes in case he comes out. As I’m waiting, I get a call from Mr. Kim.

 

“(y/n), are you there?”

 

“Yes sir,” I adjust my mic piece.

 

“Anything new to report?” he asks.

 

“Well nothing in particular,” I start to say and then add, “But I did follow him today and it seems as though buying large quantities of alcohol is a regular thing he does. Also, he seems to be going through some mental illnesses.”

 

“Evidence?”

 

“I saw him going into the BH Mental Clinic and having a counseling session with a counselor there.”

 

“I see,” Mr. Kim pauses before going on, “Keep an eye on him. I know it’s not likely he’ll break the pattern, but you never know when he might make his next kill.”

 

“Yes sir,” I say and end our call. To be quite frank, I know it’s Min Junki that we’re suspecting, but what if it isn’t him? But then again, who else would it be? I ruffle my hair in frustration. I need to find evidence...and quick. I check the time and barely twenty minutes have passed. Okay forget it. I’m going home. I cannot with this anymore. I sigh when I hear my phone ring.

 

 

Unknown number. 010-xxxx-xxxx

 

 

    Who is this? I’m so confused and pick up, even though I think it might be some spam call.

 

 

    “Hello? (y/n)?” the voice says.

 

    “Yes, who is this?” I ask.

 

    “Where are you? Why’d you miss class? Are you that sick? Do you need help?” the voice goes on. I laugh, recognizing this chatterbox.

 

    “Jin?” I ask.

 

    “Oh yeah, it’s me,” he answers. I laugh even more.

 

    “Well I guess you’re not that sick, seeing that you’re laughing.” I can hear the tease in his voice.

 

    “Yeah, I’m fine. I just...uh...took a nap so I’m feeling much better,” I lie.

 

    “Oh good. You should have seen Yoongi. He was so worried about you. Like he couldn’t even focus and--” Jin stops after I hear a whack, followed by a muffled voice saying, “Shut up.” I can’t help but smile. It’s Yoongi. Aw, he was worried about me?

 

    “What? I even called her for you, and this is how you pay me back?” Jin shouts. I smile at the fact that I have friends who actually care about me now. Just as I’m about to tell Jin that I’m really fine and that he can go, I see Min Junki leave the building. Oh no.

 

    “Are you coming tomorrow?” Jin asks and I’m busy starting up the car to go after Min Junki.

 

    “Okay I have to go now! Bye!” I say and hang up. I can’t remember if I answered him or what his question was even. All I’m focused on doing is going after Mr. Min.

 

 

    ***

 

 

*Yoongi’s Perspective (again)*

 

“Dude, where is she?” Kim Seokjin whispers to me for the ninetieth time.

 

“How would I know?” I ask back, annoyed.

 

“Aren’t you even worried about her? What if she’s super sick?” he asks with large eyes.

 

“...” I try to ignore him and focus on the lecture. ‘What if she’s super sick?’ Ugh...from what, though? Was it the food? I mean, we all ate the same thing and I’m fine. I turn to Kim Seokjin, who is still staring at me. He’s obviously fine too.

 

 

“And that’ll be it for today,” the professor says as he leaves the room. I turn to Kim Seokjin.

 

 

“Try calling her,” I tell him. He looks at me as he’s packing his backpack.

 

“Me? I don’t have her number.”

 

“I’ll give it to you so call her,” I reach for my phone.

 

“Why can’t you just do it?” he asks back.

 

“Well...you’re the one that’s so worried about her,” I snap back. I feel myself cringing because I know it’s me that’s worried. But why? It’s normal to feel worried for a fellow classmate, I tell myself. And that’s all she is: a fellow classmate.

 

“Fine, give me her number,” he says with a huff as he grabs his own phone.

 

 

After a few dials, it seems as though she’s picked up. Kim Seokjin starts pouring questions onto her and soon mentions the fact that she’s all better now. And laughing. Kim Seokjin is not even that funny; why does she always laugh when she’s talking to him? But before I realize, he’s ranting about how worried I am about her. I shove his side hard and mutter, “Shut up.”

 

“Are you coming tomorrow?” Kim Seokjin is saying. I lean slightly towards Kim Seokjin’s phone to hear the answer. But as soon as I do, Kim Seokjin’s staring at his phone blankly.

 

“What’d she say?” I ask.

 

 

1Yj4s1_2SKvUAqvFfS_yKFqtHzhhlNySUZXmMzF8VVXQBp8cunWAy7AO5CzPapbafrUVB0pg3leIYJpLCXWFJ7CGjUnQHDf_ODLSzAdcDIkHvHVABtpiRSPFkvkxW6E8YTVyhB1c

 

“I don’t know...she just hung up,” he answers with a confused face. “Maybe she’s busy.”

 

“Busy from what…?” I mutter and when Kim Seokjin asks, “What?” I just shake my head.

 

 

 

(y/n), what is up with you?

 

 

***

 


Author's Notes:

f8UwhqY3ZsTEMpFMV8sewfXEbIjW_sg9ZFBO2K5N2LGnNK7cHEDpvfZPP4hgcFrETjbOBA97HeFpOZhOka447Of3k5hCeNxdwEuiWvXd5HtA1yHdYT84AWCV-mMaQvhzmNtb01nO

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'd like to make sure a number of things are clear:

 

1) I love RV's maknae, Yeri--I have nothing against her (I just randomly found a gif of her and decided she should be my "campus flirt") XDDD

 

2) It's so hard finding gifs for Yoongi and Seokjin but I'm trying hard to find stuff that works... I hope the ones I have aren't THAT bad haha

 

3) I'm pretty sure it was already obvious that Min Yoongi and Junki are brothers, but just for the sake of the story, y'all don't know that as (y/n), okay? (At least NOT YET, and you'll soon see why)^^

 

4) Seokjin is NOT the second lead... I'm thinking of putting in another member in the next chapter..! AHHHH

 

5) I appreciate each and every one of you who take time to read my stories!!!! LIKE FOR REALLLL

 

 

Well, things are speeding up a bit and Min Yoongi is officially confused XDDD

 

I'll see you all soon and hope you have a fantastic rest of the week!!! :-)

 

<3