JIN: Chapter 6 (完)

Pink Bubbles

 

I spent the entire day nursing Seokjin yesterday and every time I called him by his real name, he smiled. I feel proud I can call him that now and I don’t even complain sleeping on the couch for the first time. It wasn’t too bad but I only got a few hours of sleep. How did Seokjin manage nearly two months on this thing? I’m going to make him sleep next to me once he recovers (smirk).

 

 

I think my hard work paid off because Seokjin’s fairly recovered and now we’re driving to his mom’s grave. Today’s her anniversary. I hold Seokjin’s hand as he drives and he remains quiet but tightens his grip on my hand.

 

 

“Mom, this is (y/n). She’s your daughter-in-law,” Seokjin says as we stand in front of his mom’s grave. He sets down a bouquet of roses, and I remember him saying how roses were her favorite.

 

“Hello,” I say but can’t help feeling awkward talking to a stone. I have to remind myself that this is my actual mother-in-law and be serious. Seokjin takes my hand and continues, “Isn’t she pretty?” I blush, as if she’s really watching me. Maybe she is.

 

“Mom...I’m going to remember you, but I’m going to try to stop grieving.” He looks at me before going on, “I’m going to try to be happy, living with this person.”

 

He pauses.

 

“I’m going to love her the way you taught me to. That’s what you want, right?”

 

“...”

 

I stare at Seokjin in silence, feeling quite touched. Did he really just say that? I’m about to be teary-eyed when Seokjin bows to his mom and I quickly follow. He then watches the tombstone for some time before grabbing my hand and walking me back to the car.

 

 

“Jin.” I say as we drive back. He glances at me with furrowed eyebrows.

 

“What happened to ‘Seokjin?’” he asks.

 

“Are you fine with me calling you that?” I ask back. After seeing him with his mom, I became scared as to whether or not he’s really okay with me using his real name.

 

“Only if it’s you,” he assures me as he reaches out to take my hand. I smile in relief and our fingers interlock as we sit in silence for the rest of the way.

 

 

As soon as we get home, it’s already past 3 pm, and having eaten at a fast food place on the way back, we decide to take a nap. Especially me, since I barely got any last night. I pass out on the couch. I hear Seokjin telling me to sleep on the bed, but I wave my hand at him and say I’m fine.

 

 

I wake up and check the time. 6:30 pm. The sun’s already set and I find myself in the dark. I hear my own stomach growling and I feel like having some Jajangmyeon (Korean noodles with black bean sauce). I haven’t had that in ages, and my love for Korean food is tugging at me to feed it. I quickly turn on the living room lights and grab my phone.

 

 

“Hello? How can I help you?” a female voice picks up.

 

“Hi, can I order two bowls of Jajangmyeon?” I ask, hoping Seokjin won’t mind eating it too.

 

“Oh, and a medium sweet and sour pork as well,” I add.

 

“Would that be all?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Please tell us your address,” the lady says and I tell her.

 

“Your food will arrive in about 15 minutes, is that okay?”

 

“Of course.” We hang up. I get excited and step out to buy some drinks after seeing how empty our fridge is. I get back home the same time as the delivery man, and I quickly pay him as he hands me the food. I open the door after he leaves and find Seokjin standing by the kitchen.

 

 

“Where did you go?” he asks. He’s holding a bottle of water.

 

“To get us food!” I smile at him and he looks at what I’m holding. He slowly sets his bottle down and makes his way towards me. He takes the food and drinks from my hands and places them on the dining table.

 

“...”

 

“Do you not like Jajangmyeon?” I ask, searching his face. It’s unreadable. Seokjin shakes his head as he sits down. I place a bowl and a pair of chopsticks in front of him and set the pork in the center. Seokjin stares at his bowl and I ask, “Have you never tried this before?”

 

“...”

 

Seokjin looks at me with bunny eyes and slowly nods. I laugh and take the bowl from him. I open the wrap, mix the noodles, and hand it back to him.

 

“This is one of my most favorite foods in the whole world,” I tell him and he looks at me and then at the noodles. “It’s good, I guarantee it,” I say as I open mine and start eating. I also point to the pork. “This is so good too.” I’m sure I must seem like a pig but I’m too hungry to care. Seokjin finally gives in and starts to eat.

 

 

jin2.gif

 

I’m surprised he takes such a huge bite and almost laugh at how cute he looks. I can’t believe this is the CEO of BH Company. This is picture-worthy.

 

“Hrah (stop),” Seokjin says when he sees me holding my phone out to snap a picture. He still has noodles hanging out of his mouth and I laugh as I assure him, “Oh come on, you look so cute. I have to take a picture.”

 

His ears turn pink and he shakes his head for a brief moment before giving in. He holds up a peace sign with his other hand and I laugh even more at his cuteness. I now have at least ten pictures of him and his noodles.  

 

I wait until the noodles have fully entered his mouth and raise my eyebrows at him, “Is it good?”

 

Seokjin chews before slowly nodding. I smile and continue eating my own food. We both pig out and everything’s gone in less than 10 minutes.

 

 

“I’m so full,” I groan and Seokjin chuckles.

 

“Me too,” he says.

 

“Here,” I say as I hand him a can of beer I bought earlier. He takes it and I grab another one from the fridge. We open our cans and drink in silence. Oh wait. I said I wouldn’t drink alcohol ever again. Dang it. I sheepishly set down the can and start to clean up. Seokjin notices me and quickly gets up to help. After throwing away all the trash, I see Seokjin walk to the living room and turning on the TV.

 

 

suga6.gif

 

“Suga!” I scream as he appears on the TV screen. Seokjin immediately turns the TV off and I exclaim in disappointment. “Why’d you do that?” I say and run out to take the remote from him. He stands and holds it high up so that I can’t reach it.

 

“Go to bed,” he says and pokes my forehead. What is he talking about? It’s not even 7:30 pm.

 

“It’s too early to go to bed,” I whine. As I’m struggling for the remote, Seokjin sits me down with one hand. I look at him and he grins.

 

“...?”

 

“Then play with me,” he says teasingly.

 

“Play what?” I ask, still reaching for the remote control.

 

“Let’s talk,” he says, leaning forward. I move back and he smiles. “Let’s talk about our future.”

 

“Future?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“What about it?” I look at him, slightly worried as to what he meant.

 

“I don’t know, maybe something about a potential college?” Oh that again?

 

“I told you I don’t need to go to one,” I tell him. I mean, I wanted to for the longest time, seeing Grace and Jimin having fun. But I don’t know anymore.

 

“Come on,” Seokjin says, “I know you want to attend. Be honest.”

 

“I don’t know…” I say back, shaking my head. I’m being honest.

 

“Hmm…” Seokjin mutters and I just stupidly laugh.

 

“You shouldn’t worry about it,” I say as I pat him on the shoulder. I notice my can of beer still on the dining table and go over to grab it.

 

“Promise me then,” Seokjin’s voice reaches my ears. “That you’ll tell me when you want to apply, okay?”

 

Why is he so determined to send me off to college? I smile and nod at him. He holds out his pinkie. I laugh and walk towards him. I interlock my pinkie with his but when I try to break away, he pulls me hard so that I fall onto his lap. My eyes get large and my face begins to burn.

 

 

“Uh… what…” I start to say. I can’t look at him and try to get back up but his strong arms keep me in place.

 

“By the way, I think I’m all better now,” he says into my ear and only then do I look at him with a confused face.

 

“What?”

 

“I’m all better now, so I don’t have to worry about getting you sick,” he says with a slight grin.

 

His eyes move from my eyes to my nose and then to...my lips? Oh no. Is that what he meant? I laugh embarrassedly and look away, but his large hands cup my face so that I’m forced to fix my gaze on him.

 

“I even ate Jajangmyeon for you,” he pouts. I end up grinning at his puppy face and give him a small peck on the cheek. I notice his ears turn red and he shakes his head.

 

“No not there,” he says. I blush so hard and I can’t anymore with this guy. His eyes are warm and his lips look so… plump.

 

Before I can respond, his face leans towards me and his arms pull me closer to him. I close my eyes and this time, he doesn’t stop.

 

 

***

 

 

After a quick shower, I lay in bed about to fall asleep. My heart is still jittery from the kiss, but I manage to finally close my eyes. Before I can enter into dreamland, however, the lights turn off and I feel Seokjin’s arms wrap around my waist from the back and feel his soft hair against my neck. I tense up. His hair smells like peaches. Why does this guy smell cute too? I was just about to sleep, for heaven’s sake. My heart starts sprinting again.

 

 

    “What did Seokjin volcano say to (y/n) volcano?” Seokjin whispers, breaking a short silence.

 

    “Hm?” I say back.

 

    “Any guesses?”

 

    “Um..no?” I’m so confused. What is he doing?

 

    “I lava you,” he says into my hair and his deep laugh reaches my ears. I guess he picked up the dad jokes I’ve previously attempted at telling. I laugh back and his grip around me tightens. “I really do,” he whispers.

 

“I do too,” I say shyly and turn to face him.

 

The moonlight glows at us, filling the room. He pulls a strand of hair out of my face and tucks it behind my ear as he smiles at me. I smile back and start to take in his dark eyes, sharp nose, and his pink, thick lips.

 

“This is my answer to your question in the car the other day,” he says softly. I stare at him confused. “I’m sorry it took long to realize that I could--or do love you.” He laughs as if he’s embarrassed and I hug him in response.

 

 

“So about getting our parents some grandkids,” Seokjin says after a moment, making me quickly pull away from him. My face is growing hot.

 

“You can go back to the couch,” I say and turn my back to him. What was he saying?! I tell my heart to calm down but Seokjin tugs at me with a low voice, “Come on.”  

 

“I thought we could “take our time” on that,” I quote Seokjin at his parents’ place and I feel him moving closer to me.

 

“But “not too much time,” remember?” he quotes his father and I yell, “Seokjin Kim!” out of embarrassment. My face is about to explode. He laughs and ruffles my hair.

 

“I’m kidding,” he says. “Let’s take things slow, (y/n). I want to remember every moment with you.”

 

He turns me around and looks at me. “One kiss is enough...for today.”

 

I’m skeptical but I smile at that. As I bury my face in his chest, his arms pull the covers over our shoulders before finding their way around me.

 

 

“Good night (y/n),” he whispers.

 

 

“Good night Seokjin,” I say back.

 

 

I thought it’d be hard to fall asleep in Seokjin’s arms, but my eyes quickly close in his warm, comfy embrace and I soon fall asleep, knowing he’ll finally be next to me when I open my eyes.

 

 

***

 

 

When all my friends got into the universities they dreamed of going, I got married. We never chose to marry each other, but am I glad I married the man I married? I’m going to say yes.

 

This was the story of a man who chose to give love a second chance by loving me.

 

 

 


Author's Notes

And that's the end of our time with Mr. worldwide handsome KIM SEOKJIN!!! (whoohoo XDDD)

ElxwHxxjRPEuygeVMxf3KHaFgE9zM1CH75O_RbIKYDIIqs2ARDNb7UD-AA5F6sRbHrSOM3KN9W48lTpzEWEGNbtyulRMBTd5Xpa7jAecv3gRBvTcibGuI41XhFRNdLxmYfp-AiSr

 

I cannot tell you enough of how much I appreciate you readers who are still with me (FOR REAL THO)

 

Thank you for reading my undeserving stories filled with immense amounts cheese (LOLS).

 

I'm generally not very confident in my writing, but I want to thank you guys who actually leave comments, because reading feedback really encourages and motivates me to keep going. So thank you; I cherish every word you say <3

 

I want to keep my EXO BTS EXO BTS pattern going, so even though I had planned for a BTS member next, we're going to meet an EXO member starting next week.

 

Now that summer break has started and I now have more time to write, I'll try to post more often (but I can't make any promises)!

 

So see you all next week and be prepared...b/c the cheese is going to get stronger in the next story and the maturity will too... (which I'm slightly worried about because my previous stories are more cutesy and I can't guarantee the quality of the next one HAHAHA).

 

So be ready to come face-to-face with Suho or Kim Junmyeon of EXO starting next week, and I will now end my rather long author's notes:)

 

Have a wonderful rest of the week!!!

 

<3