SUHO: Chapter 1

Pink Bubbles

*The following content has nothing to do with the actual people it’s based on and the cheese is still quite strong, if not stronger. Beware. Thank you.*

 

“Mom, I got the job. They want me in starting Monday,” I open the door and walk into my apartment building. I place my bag and coat on the couch as I finally sit down. My legs ache from the heels.

 

“Congratulations, honey! I knew you could do it,” I hear Mom’s cheerful voice over the phone, “Do you want me to come over tonight so we can celebrate?”

 

“That’s okay, Mom. I know how busy you are these days. I’ll come visit you soon,” I assure her and she replies, “Okay, well rest up honey!”

 

 

After the call I run a quick shower and lay on my bed. I stare at the ceiling as a million thoughts fly through my head. Suho Company, the number one company that owns the most shopping malls in the entire country, is where thousands of people dream of working at. And that’s where I’ll be working starting next Monday. As the chairman Kim Junmyeon’s secretary. I cannot believe it. I never thought I’d get the job. Out of more than five thousand job applicants, who are all much more talented and educated than I am, it’s me who got the job. Why? Who knows. I mean, I applied because I had nothing to lose and I was desperate to work; I didn’t want to live off of my mom anymore. I shake my head and silently thank the stars. At least I’m not jobless anymore.

 

 

The next morning, I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing.

 

 

My Bible

 

 

“Hello?” I say with my eyes closed, after checking who it is. It’s Sung Kyung, my best friend. Her name means ‘Bible’ in Korean, so I often call her ‘my Bible.’

 

“(y/n)?”

 

“Yeah, what’s up?”

 

“I heard you’re finally hired! Why didn’t you tell me first, huh?” I hear her pouting over the phone. I smile.

 

“Did Mom tell you?” I didn’t have to ask. Of course she did.

 

“Yes and because you didn’t tell me sooner, I’m marching into your house right now,” she says before adding, “And I’ll buy some fried chicken and beer to celebrate.”

 

“Don’t you have work?” I open one eye to look at the clock. It’s only 10 am.

 

“I’m off duty today,” she answers brightly.

 

“Okay then, see you soon,” I answer before ending our call. I yawn and rub my eyes as I get up. I go to the bathroom to wash up and soon find myself sitting on the couch, waiting for Sung Kyung. I turn on the TV to keep me occupied.

 

 

“(y/n)! Open the door!” I hear Sung Kyung’s voice outside and I get up to open the door for her.

 

“Did you come directly from the hospital?” I ask as she sets her coat and bag down. She hands me a plastic bag and I can smell the fried chicken already.

 

“Nope, I told you I’m off duty today, remember?” she walks to the bathroom to wash her hands.

 

“Then why do you look so nice?” I eye her pretty face with full makeup, and notice her fancy blouse and earrings. It looks like she just came from work. On the other hand, I look like I just woke up...probably because I did.

 

“I don’t know, I felt like dressing up today,” she winks at me as she sits across from me. I shake my head and she laughs.

 

“How’s work these days, though?” I ask as I open the bag and set the chicken on the table.

 

“Fine, I guess,” she shrugs before going on, “Remember Mr. Lee?”

 

“Yeah, the patient you had a hard time communicating with?” I remember her talking about him. She’s known to be the kindest and brightest doctor at her hospital, but apparently Mr. Lee was something else. Someone even my Bible couldn’t handle.

 

“Yeah,” she nods, “He passed away last night.”

 

“Oh,” I look at her and her face is already filled with sorrow. See? She has the softest heart. I place my hand on hers, “I’m sorry.”

 

“Yeah, well he was suffering for a long time, and...it’s probably for the best,” she manages to smile. She then looks at me cheerfully, “So are you excited for work?”

 

“I don’t know,” I shrug at her and we both grab a piece of chicken.

 

“What do you mean? You finally got a job! You should be thrilled,” she squeals.

 

“I don’t even know how I got the job,” I reach for a can of beer.

 

“Well, I guess they saw how amazing my (y/n) is,” she giggles as she grabs a can as well. We both say, “Cheers!” as we raise our cans and take a sip.

 

 

“What company is it again?” Sung Kyung asks.

 

“Suho Company,” I take a bite into my chicken leg. I’m startled when I hear Sung Kyung choke on her beer and cough continuously.

 

“Are you okay?” I ask as I hand her a bottle of water from the fridge. She takes the bottle and waves at me in thanks. After she’s calmed down, she nervously eyes me.

 

“Suho Company? That doesn’t mean...you work directly for Kim Junmyeon, does it?” she sets the bottle of water down.

 

“How’d you know? I’m his secretary,” I say and notice her face growing pale. What is going on? She mutters something under her breath before she fixes her eyes on mine. I raise my eyebrows at her, “What’s the matter?”

 

“Nothing,” she shakes her head but her face looks worried.

 

 

9f-p9mRHSuCndsm2PRmC31j1QW-qunFDn0qjX_fZeIUJHAW5caHVRlxACiMTU58MLsl93B0iSLfU9nmfi9vkTo1VLmBMv3XYXYKPKLrzUqlq0VEyehSOL9pjcpB5bQr5K-a04hSs

 

    “Your memory still hasn’t returned, right?” she carefully asks when I continue to stare at her. I nod slowly. Why was she asking?

 

Long story short, I think it was around the time when I was in highschool when I got into a car accident and lost four years’ worth of memory. I still don’t remember anything that happened during those four years, but all I know is that I’ve been best friends with Sung Kyung all throughout my highschool years. And she’s always been on my side, watching me recover slowly through the years to prove that she truly was and is my friend. But for some reason, she and Mom always tells me that although they wish I regained my memory, it might be better for me not to. They say they’re not hiding anything from me, but deep inside I know there’s something they’re keeping from me. Just what, though? It’s frustrating when I can’t even remember my own life.

 

 

    “Okay well, don’t worry. I’m sure you’ll do fine!” she hands me a chicken wing and I smile at her brightness. We then spend the whole day eating, laughing, talking, and watching movies. Time flies with my Bible.

 

 

    ***

 

 

    My alarm wakes me up and my brain lets me know it’s the first day of work. I groan as I pull myself out of bed. I check the time and quickly head to the bathroom. It’s my first day, and first impressions are always important. At least, that’s what they say, right?

 

    I wash up fairly quick and find myself debating what to wear. After a minute of frustration, I end up pulling out a plain, white blouse and yellow skirt. I get changed and curl the ends of my hair before applying makeup. I check myself in the mirror. Good enough. I find myself yawning as I grab a piece of toast from the pantry. I haven’t been up this early since college, aside from occasional job interviews. Who would have thought the lazy human being I am would be heading off to work at half past 7 in the morning? I quickly finish my breakfast and throw on a coat as I leave the door.

 

 

    Suho Company is just as grand as I knew it to be; the lobby itself looks like it could host the Olympics. I make my way to the elevators and double check the floor for my orientation. Apparently all newly recruited secretaries are to be in the meeting room on the tenth floor by 8 am prompt. The doors of the elevator open and I enter. Just as I press the button for the tenth floor and watch the doors start to close, a voice calls out, “Wait!”

 

    I quickly press the open button and the doors slide back open as a man runs in. He gets on and thanks me as he catches his breath. I nod at him. As he calms down, I feel his gaze on me. Before long, he opens his mouth.

 

 

    “Are you new? I don’t think I’ve seen you around before,” he turns to me.

 

    “Yes, I’m the new secretary for chairman Kim Junmyeon,” I answer him and his eyes grow wide.

 

 

TEP5y7AG8ci9EIAGs5UZs2kV5sAGSUdidxBYZbyd_MKNNQq01ucyummYRXnNchjy7NwyttJ0xjfA0UjVVx1LIbKevbxLl00LfwkrJaH8ssmouwTWji4xecLK3YYdOCfCYWvO3JE7

 

    “Dang, that’s impressive,” he says. “I hear the competition is ridiculously high for that position,” he continues as he leans towards me, “But there must be something to you that made you get the job, huh?”

 

    “Um, I hope so,” I slightly step away from him. He’s either a creep or he’s excessively friendly. Why is he invading my personal space? He then smiles at me and puts out a hand, “I’m Byun Baekhyun, by the way. I’m the marketing director.”

 

    “Nice to meet you. I’m (y/n),” I grab his hand to shake it. My eyes meet his and I realize what a puppy this man is; he legit looks like one with his soft brown eyes and fluffy hair. I smile at the thought.

 

    “I’ll see you around, Ms. (y/n),” Mr. Byun waves at me as he gets off the seventh floor. I wave back and watch the elevator doors close. As I near the tenth floor, I take a deep breath. You can do this, (y/n). You got this, I tell myself. I mean, what could go wrong?

 

 

    “Name please,” a lady in a neat suit greets me near the entrance of the meeting room.

 

    “(y/n),” I tell her. She looks at her computer and soon nods.

 

    “Ah yes, the new secretary for Mr. Kim?” she smiles at me as she hands me something. It’s my employee card. My picture on the card smiles at me. I smile back. I can’t believe I finally own one of these.

 

    “Please make sure you keep that with you at all times, as it’s the key to entering most rooms and pretty much anything in the lounging rooms and cafeteria,” the lady says. I nod as she continues, “Please head on over to the far door on the right.”

 

    “Isn’t this where the newly recruited secretaries are supposed to meet?” I tilt my head in confusion as I point to the meeting room we’re in front of and the lady smiles again.

 

“Mr. Kim specifically asked for his secretary to skip orientation and come directly to his office,” she gestures at the ‘far door on the right.’ I slowly nod and thank her as I walk towards Mr. Kim’s office. The far door on the right. I notice the sign that reads Suho Company Chairman: Kim Junmyeon.

 

 

“Hello?” I say as I open the door. Wait, should I have knocked? I’m half relieved to see that I’m standing in an office with another huge pair of doors that reads Chairman Kim Junmyeon. So does that mean my office as his secretary is right here...and his office is another door away? My question is answered when I see a placard with my name on a desk on the side of the room. As I near the desk, I notice a small note.

 

 

Welcome to the first day of work, baby.

 

 

Um, excuse me? Did I read that right? Baby? I look around but there’s only one desk in this room. So this note is without a mistake...for me. But who in the world would call me something as gross as ‘baby?’ I’m so lost and slightly worried if I’m in the right place. But this placard has my full name on it, making this my seat for sure. What is going-- My thoughts are interrupted and I jump as I hear a phone ring. I quickly sit on my chair and spot the phone at the side of my desk.

 

 

“Yes, this is (y/n),” I pick up.

 

“And this is your new boss, Kim Junmyeon,” I hear a male’s voice and my eyes enlarge. Kim Junmyeon--I mean, Mr. Kim’s calling!

 

“H-how c-can I help you?” I hate myself for stuttering like an idiot. But this is so nerve wrecking.

 

“I hope you’re not too nervous, because I want you to come into my office right now,” he laughs slightly over the phone and I gulp. Right now? I look at the grand pair of doors and reply, “Yes sir.”

 

I take a deep breath and knock on the doors. It’s just another human being, (y/n). Why are you so nervous? Well probably because he’s your stinking boss! I’m having an internal dialogue within my own head as I wait for a response.

 

“Come in,” I hear the same voice and I finally open the door. I look around and expect to see a man sitting at the desk, but there’s nobody here. Huh? I literally just heard him in here.

 

 

“Mr. Kim..?” I say in a quiet voice. Just as I’m about to turn around to leave, I feel someone’s arms wrap around me from the back. I freeze. The person’s head rests on my neck and I hear a low whisper, “I missed you baby.”

 

    “Sir, I don’t think--” I start to say but I’m cut off as the man, whom I’m guessing is Mr. Kim, turns me around and pulls me in for a kiss. My eyes grow wide and my mind goes blank as I feel his lips devouring mine. His strong arms grab my waist and neck, keeping me in place and I helplessly try to break out of his grip.

 

 

    “Mr. Kim!” I nearly scream as I finally break away. I gasp for air as my legs are starting to grow weak. My eyes meet his, and I’m too flustered to even admit how good looking this man is. Wait, this is Mr. Kim, right? I mean, I’ve never seen him before but if he’s in this room then he must be him. But what is he doing, just kissing me like that? We literally just met!

 

 

    “What’s the matter, baby?” he looks at me with concerned eyes. “Too fast?”

 

    “What are you talking about?” I can’t believe this man. I glare at him and repeat the ridiculous nickname he’s been calling me, “Baby? Why am I your...baby?”

 

    “Aw baby, now daddy’s hurt,” he takes my hand and pulls me closer to him. “Are you still mad at me?” he pouts.

 

    “Mr. Kim, I think you have seriously mistaken me for someone else,” I yank my hand away and walk towards the door. Just as I’m about to open it to leave, Mr. Kim’s hand shoots out, keeping it shut. I turn to face him, and I’m a little startled when his face is so close.

 

 

dy3JO_Qubmn5dCB6tyF1eCqJRaywNZDTMqcJiO7Rpgpr0ebvKhhOFHNNGMGcD7902eyXuz_nhIp9E40Xcoh9psdg5tSDataBPFKvFkRd7jiiwTB5U7kAGBiFsklL2uQtw_rx39Hi

 

“I would never mistake my baby for someone else, (y/n),” his eyes are so intense that I can’t help but gulp. I look away and open the door next to the one he’s keeping shut as I say, “Well I don’t remember having a daddy like you.”

 

 

***

 

 

I keep shuddering as I’m processing what in the world just happened. I’m now outside the building, on a park bench. Kim Junmyeon is my new boss. And did he just...harass me? Was that why he asked for his secretary to “skip orientation” and “come directly into his office?” I shudder. But why did he act like he knew me even before we met today? He clearly mentioned the past like he knew me. Are you still mad at me? He wouldn’t say that to someone he just met, but I don’t recall being mad at him. I don’t recall even seeing his face before today. But then again, he kissed me like he knew me for sure. What is going on?

 

 

Okay but beyond all that, this baby-daddy thing is ridiculous. He is not my daddy, and I am not his baby. I don’t even get people who use those names for their lovers. Now I can’t help but think...is he some past lover I forgot about? Someone in the four years I don’t remember? I ruffle my hair in frustration as I begin to make my way back to the building. I’ll have to ask Sung Kyung about it.

 

 

As I’m waiting for the elevator, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn and see it’s Mr. Byun, the man I met earlier today. He’s...the marketing director, if I remember correctly.

 

“We meet again, Ms. (y/n),” he waves and I nod.

 

W0sDoGeRUcA7q6pTWfrfYPJCu-BY9OtQD5veb0kLALM-XRQdvnr2q1gjTWviEsUfy4kDGUs5_wLxTTmlKtV1NL4mHyfn62Hv6D2cLtf5uYTchSju767IXEThqq4-AXaO48jvnL6X

 

“I guess Mr. Kim’s already dropped a bomb on you, seeing your hair,” he starts to laugh as he points to my hair and I quickly begin to fix it. Shoot, I must have expressed my frustration on the park bench a little too much. As the elevator doors open, we step in and Mr. Byun’s still laughing.

 

“Okay, I get it but you can stop laughing now,” I snap at him and he immediately stops. He clears his throat and says, “Is he hard on you?”

 

“Well…” I look at Mr. Byun, whose puppy eyes look back at me expectantly. I don’t want to say ‘Oh yeah, he kissed me as soon as I walked in the door,’ so I decide to just smile and move on, “He’s not so bad. It’s only my first day, after all.”

 

“Huh, that’s good,” he looks doubtful as he continues, “He’s known to be quite harsh and cold to his employees. But let’s hope he’s different towards you.”

 

“Why would he be different towards me?” I should be no different from his other employees...right? But his voice lingers in my ear, “Baby.”

 

“Well I guess because you’re his secretary, and that’s the closest you can get to him, really,” he winks and I slowly nod. Huh. I guess so, since I have to stick with him the whole day. Wait. The whole day. I check the time and I almost cuss. It’s been twenty minutes since I left him. Oh no...I hope he’s not going to fire me on the first day for disappearing.

 

“And I hope you stay longer than all the previous secretaries under Mr. Kim. I don’t want to see him scaring another one away,” Mr. Byun continues as the elevator reaches the seventh floor. That’s right, this is his floor.

 

“I hope so too,” I tell him and begin to wonder just how harsh this Mr. Kim was for all his past secretaries to leave him so quick. Did he kiss all of them too? I snort at my own thoughts and Mr. Byun looks at me funny before breaking into a grin, “See you again, Ms. (y/n)!”  

 

“See you,” I respond as he leaves the elevator. I quickly press the ‘close’ button and head onto the tenth floor. I speed walk down the hall and nearly get a heart attack when I see Mr. Kim leaning on the wall near my desk, with his arms crossed.

 

 

“Er…” I muster up the words for an excuse.

 

“Just because you’re my baby doesn’t mean you can slack off like this, Ms. (y/n),” he says, eyeing me. I look at him and despite his cold tone, his gaze is soft and his lips are slightly smiling. He is so hard to read; is he mad or not?

 

“I’m sorry sir,” I peep and he then walks towards me. I almost step back when he pulls a strand of hair out of my face and lifts my face with his hand to meet his gaze. I gulp.

 

“Baby, I love how professional you are,” he gives me a warm smile but his face soon grows serious as he says, “But when there’s just the two of us, I want you to call me how you usually do.”

 

“Sir, I’m afraid I don’t understand…” I start to say but he places a finger on my lips, cutting me off.

 

“Daddy, remember?” he grins and I shudder. Okay that’s it. I do not understand why he is behaving like this, making me his baby. I glare at him, “Mr. Kim, you’re not my daddy. And I’m not your baby.”

 

“Okay, okay fine,” he puts up his hands in surrender. “In the workplace, I’ll live with ‘Mr. Kim,’ and call you ‘Ms. (y/n).’ Deal?”

 

“What are you--”

 

“But other than that, I’d like to keep our relationship set in stone, baby,” he gives me another smile and corrects himself, “Oh excuse me, Ms. (y/n). I keep forgetting we’re at work. Could you be so kind as to tell me this week’s schedule in about ten minutes?”

 

“...most certainly,” I’m straining to keep a straight face. As he enters his own office, I sink into my chair, and feel my face growing hot. I cannot believe that man. I can see why so many secretaries left this job. I turn on the computer to start organizing his schedule, but the note I found earlier catches my eye.      

 

 

Welcome to the first day of work, baby.

 

 

So this is from Mr. Kim. I push the note to the side, scared he’s going to get mad if I throw it away, and begin to scroll through his schedule. After about ten minutes, I gather my notes and knock on his door.

 

“Tomorrow, at 8:30 am, you have a meeting with all directors and managers,” I read off the list and when I take a peek at Mr. Kim, his eyes are glued on me as he leans on one of his arms over his desk. This is so uncomfortable.  I have so many things I want to ask him about what happened earlier today, but I’m scared to. I end up dismissing my thoughts. When I’m finished reading off his schedule, I turn to leave but Mr. Kim’s voice stops me.

 

“I don’t think I said you could leave, Ms. (y/n).”

 

“...” I wince inside and slowly turn around to face him. He’s giving me that cocky smile again.

 

“Sit down,” he points to a sofa in front of his desk. I take a seat. I notice my skirt goes up when I sit and I awkwardly use my notes to cover my legs. When I look up at Mr. Kim, he’s staring at my legs. I can’t help but squirm uncomfortably. He lets out a sigh and begins to take off his jacket. What...is he doing? He then comes over and puts his jacket over my legs.

 

“You still wear those short skirts, when I think I told you you look fine in long pants,” he stresses the words ‘long pants.’ He then sits on a chair across from me.

 

“I don’t understand,” I speak up, “Why do you keep talking to me like you know me...even before we met today?”

 

“What are you talking about?” his eyebrows furrow and he almost laughs as he says, “I’m curious as to know why you’re acting like you don’t know me.”

 

“Because I don’t know you,” I say in a loud voice. I really didn’t understand a thing that happened today with Mr. Kim. If he knew me, I clearly don’t remember.

 

“Baby, if you keep playing games with me like this, it makes me want to punish you,” Mr. Kim says in a rather stern voice as he scratches his forehead. That’s it; I’ve had enough of this.

 

“I am not your baby, for the hundredth time!” I nearly yell, about to burst into tears, “I really don’t understand why you are behaving like this, sir, but I don't know you. I literally met you for the first time today.”

 

“...” Mr. Kim is silent after that, and his expression is unreadable. I hope I didn’t make a mistake, but at the same time, I’m so done with him treating me like...well, his baby. After a minute of silence, he finally speaks up.

 

 

IUThHGrPQ6pqXesaMtBmwld6QI9gvh01z3cUpZR_dfyGjlHQniYCItbyxDPvV17FVo3U6-UYoVqHZGf64TPAuV2FD7mCpssnQrRqei0oYTApZb9yGb-8jLDsNGzAYmYo29yPfCwJ

 

“Alright, Ms. (y/n). That’ll be it for today. You can go ahead and head on home now,” he says. “See you tomorrow.”

 

What was that? Why is he sending me home so early? And I’m afraid of the fact that his attitude towards me changed scarily fast. I start to get up and hand him back his jacket. He takes it with a slight smile, but he doesn't look at me in the eye. His eyebrows are furrowed, like he’s lost in thought. I hurry out the door and start to head home. So much for my first day of work.

 

 

***

 


Author's Notes:

I'm pretty sure I disappointed y'all because I said this story was going to be more mature (because it's NOT compared to some stuff out there) but I just want you to know that by mature I mean...PG-13 XDD

 

Z4R3GqIIqusH2nNVnHavN48g1Mx0kTv2LgZWcIMXB50B27BbCA4V9-GGAogRb7lVqHi4Gtik2GlsaMiPSYf_wB09ijvbUPsFKRO6b7Wmmg1Xj-wEIQoiUye5TICH7YsMuwAHO9yX

So bear with me, yes?

 

AHHHH We are BACK with Chairman Kim Junmyeon (I don't know why I love the office setting so much in all honesty)!!!

 

I literally at writing this type of material, and I'm already cringing at the whole "baby-daddy" thing, BUT I just want to say that there's more [meaning] to those titles in this story than what they seem to imply hehe (...we'll get there).

 

I'm so sorry this is such a monster chapter (it's the longest one yet) and I thank you all for reading:)

 

See you soon with more Junmyeon XDDD!!!