SUGA: Chapter 1

Pink Bubbles

 

*The following content has nothing to do with the actual people. It’s 100% made up. And you should be used to the cheese by now. Thank you!*

 

    My favorite color starting from today is orange. I smile at the orange backpack in front of me, riding on the back of a guy with black hair and a pale face. And trust me, I saw a glimpse of his face on the bus on the way here, and he is the cutest looking creature I have ever seen… after maybe me (I’m kidding; I’m nowhere near cute). I speed up and realize he’s even headed towards the same university I’ll be attending starting today. I thank the heavens there’s at least one cute guy at this place. First day, not a bad start.

 

 

    “(y/n), are you there?” I hear Mr. Kim’s voice in my earpiece.

 

    “Yes sir, I have arrived at the school.” I hold one hand to hold it in place and quietly speak into my mic disguised as a pin on my shirt.

 

    “Good. Make sure you keep an eye on Min Junki,” Mr. Kim’s deep voice reaches my ears and I reply with a “yes sir.”

 

 

    I think I forgot to mention why I am attending a Korean university here in Seoul and why I have an earpiece. First of all, I’m part of something called the ICJA (International Crime & Justice Association). There are hundreds of teams active within this association, but our team deals with murder cases in East Asia. Yeah, super specific, I know. Recently there’s been a serial killing of some sort within a neighborhood in Seoul, and after much investigation, we found two likely suspects: Min Junki and this other guy named Kim Seok Jung. Kim Seok Jung is currently in Japan, with another teammate on him now. I have Min Junki, who is a professor here at this university. My mission? Find clear evidence to be able to arrest him. Right now the evidence we have implies that it’s him, but nothing is for sure. Why would anyone kill so many people anyway? I remember how that’s literally my job to find out (LOLS). But yeah. So that’s pretty much why I’m here. I’m a specially trained agent in disguise as a college student, I guess. I mean, I’m the youngest on my team (twenty) so I guess I fit the part.

 

 

 

The last murder was reported three weeks ago. Each murder seems to occur every two to three months, and right now, about 4 people have perished. I shudder. That leaves me with at least 5 weeks to find enough evidence before another innocent life is taken.

 

 

 

“Good morning,” I say cheerfully as I walk up to the front desk of the main office. The office interior is made up of 90% wood with walls covered in college posters and banners. I’d say it’s just a pretty spacious place filled with busy looking people: exactly what I’ve expected. The lady running the desk looks up and slightly smiles.

 

    “Yes how can I help you?” she asks politely.

 

    “I’m a transfer student and was wondering if you can help me adjust my schedule?” I ask her. A hint of orange catches my eye and I turn to see the cute guy from the bus walking past me. He’s looking at a bunch of papers in his hand as he bites a paper cup. The agent I am takes in everything I can, and I’m creepily analyzing his steps when the lady’s voice interrupts me.

 

    “I’m going to arrange an appointment with one of our counselors; do you mind waiting a few minutes?” she asks. I shake my head and thank her. I then turn to look for the cute guy, but him and his orange backpack are nowhere to be seen. Dang it, where’d he go?

 

    “I’ll be right back,” I tell the lady and she nods. I start walking towards the water fountain to take a drink of water and notice a piece of paper on the ground. I pick it up only to find that it’s a schedule. Min...Yoongi? It’s a schedule that belongs to Min Yoongi. Whoever that is. A sophomore, it says. I look around once more in case the cute guy appears again before grabbing a paper cup and filling it up.

 

 

    “(y/n) (your last name)?” a man’s voice reaches my ears.

 

 

    “Yes!” I raise my arm and look back at the front desk. The man I’m assuming just called me waves at me to come into his office. I scurry after him holding the cup and schedule. As I enter the man’s office, I catch a glimpse of the sign by the door: Admissions Counselor: Kim Taehyung.

 

 

Oh so he’s the counselor I’m supposed to meet. He sits down and gestures for me to sit as well. I take the seat in front of him as he looks at some files.

 

 

I get a good look at him and oh my goodness. Are all the men at this school this good looking?

 

 

rGNqkjG_JGcxZjuvmFyQzsOtu5-8Xg-vNkrTm-vybZaIrUNeZ6iBJJ2UJ4VzVReycZjrZP9QJFklu2m2_I-guETcVE8Np-Wq-kueJwS82VZsOt8GS8CsPgSc987bpvylhD2e2lXk

 

 

“...” I blankly stare at his fair face and I’m admiring his soft hair when he opens his mouth.

 

 

“So it seems as though you have three blank spots. Do you have classes you want to take in particular?” he asks in a low, husky voice. His eyes dart up and meet mine when I just sit there in silence. He smiles and adds, “You’re in the department of mathematics education, right?”

 

 

    “What?!” My eyes immediately enlarge and I silently curse Mr. Kim, who told me he applied me for a “suitable major.” He got me into this college and the major he chose is mathematics education?! I at math. I literally failed the SATs (which I decided to take when I actually wanted to try to apply to a college) because of math.

 

 

    “Is there a problem? It says here that you applied for and are admitted to this major,” Mr. Kim Taehyung says with raised eyebrows. I nod with a strained smile before asking, “Could I have a minute? I’ll be right back; I’m so sorry!”

 

 

vTKc0lZfMFhK6JtP9XuqzjHGTi27d8fw_HbL9F08oUiyvT5X25d_jEHf9CM1gdwq0qII4rmelTfD4lHr7tnDgjb3DSUyInb3RdP8D9XVFrfHYwFce__ceauKdbdV9Ym2tz2W1_P6

 

 

“Okay,” he replies but he seems slightly annoyed. I mean, I would be too if some weird girl was stealing my time. I can only imagine how busy he is as a counselor. I quickly rush out of the room and sprint to a corner where I can talk to Mr. Kim. I press a button on my mic and whisper, “Mr. Kim, are you there?” I wait for a few seconds but no reply reaches my ears. I quickly get out my phone and dial Mr. Kim’s number. After a couple of seconds he picks up. But I almost drop my phone as his face appears on my phone screen.

 

 

“Yes, (y/n)? Why’d you facetime me?” he smiles. Shoot, I must have accidentally facetimed him.

 

“Uh… I tried to contact you through the system but you weren’t there so I decided to call you. Hope that’s alright sir,” I rap, adjusting my phone to a good angle so Mr. Kim doesn’t have to see my double chin.

 

“Oh my apologies; I was running a quick errand. And that’s fine. Just tell me what it is you wanted to say,” he says.

 

“Mr. Kim, I think you made a mistake in applying me for mathematics education.” I try to keep my voice quiet.

 

“(y/n), come on. You’re not an amateur. You should know that Min Junki is the head professor of that major,” Mr. Kim’s words hammers into me. Of course. How did I miss that fact? I lower my head in embarrassment and Mr. Kim chuckles. I glance at him.

 

 

“But sir,” I say with a worried look, “I at math.”

 

 

kA1oPU8GCbL-IbEVsVbRxWzUYxgvkWGB1waQQN5DZA_FW3ma83TIy9c7SehW20Sz9GIjl9iN6-dgLWlWQ1hXBoYMAQsz4DGhSX213A_3LOyRB4D5WG1VNagNFaByUvK6YK_1jql4

 

 

    “Well, it’s time you learn how to not at math. I know you can do it! I have to run now. Be sure to keep in touch with me as you begin your mission,” Mr. Kim hangs up. I stare at the phone and try not to cuss too loud. Thanks a lot, Mr. Kim. I slowly get up and realize I’m still holding the schedule I found.

 

 

Min Yoongi. Sophomore. Mathematics Education Major.

 

 

Wait. What?

 

 

This guy also has mathematics education as his major. I feel my mouth gradually develop into a smile. Well, my life just got easier. I’ll just copy and paste this guy’s schedule as my own. I don’t care since I’ll probably fail all my classes anyway. I hurry to Mr. Kim Taehyung’s office and before he can say anything, I hand him the schedule.

 

 

    “I’ll just take the same exact classes as this student. We’re in the same department after all,” I say.

 

 

lmP3JfmKjiKhWeSu2zZDahTi1tFKcQIDAT1QXyFjK7MQkKdn2SLWli70qMCfn81zesitH8iCTtfVciFrd9iT71GbW8S3q4LDbIpUUNtg279DpajaBZWWnq2NLyWHYZSVX1Kazhj_

 

 

“Are you sure? Some of these classes aren’t easy and many students try to avoid them. Maybe you should rethink…”

 

“Are you saying I’m not smart enough? I think I can handle them,” I shoot back. I mean, I’m sure he knows my (low) SAT scores and all, but I feel slightly offended. Wait, then how did I even get into this college? Oh well, Mr. Kim probably figured something out. Mr. Kim Taehyung silently nods at my response and begins typing rapidly.

 

“Okay, your classes officially start tomorrow,” he faces me. I let out a deep breath. You’re finally enrolled and now a college student, (y/n), I tell myself. I thank Mr. Kim Taehyung as he hands me my new schedule and walk out the door.

 

 

***

 

 

    I sprint down the hall and silently pray I make it to class on time. Why and how in the world did my alarm not ring this morning? Ugh. I barely even put on makeup and had to throw on whatever was in front of me after looking at the time. I almost forgot my earpiece and mic too. Mr. Kim would kill me if I forgot those. As I open the class door, I let out a sigh of relief. I see no professor and only students talking. Yes, I’m not late. Whew.

 

 

    I look around to see where I can sit without being noticed by anyone. I spot an open seat near the back of the room and praise God when I see an orange backpack by the seat next to it. Sure enough, the cute guy I saw yesterday comes into view. I smile and quickly slide into the chair beside him. My brain tells me I should say something and I rapidly think of what to say. ‘Good morning’ is the most common thing to say, right? But just as I’m about to open my mouth, a girl blocks my view.

 

 

JH16w-xF4RlfjrQcYwafip0RfCf8nw5b_WXYBXjNOtvh3YtIfQ6Fa3YDIaFipaE3ErSDeqUmzg5eh9s8ogJ4Vzt0GKobD7sc3B-eul2wEKNPZu5hOmXki1r76jleO5njeNvzUpwo

 

 

    “Good morning, oppa!” she says brightly. I get annoyed at two things: one, she stole my ‘good morning’ line. Two, she’s so darn cute. Her perfect makeup and hair make me sigh at my ugly state. If only I had woken up early today, I could have finished my makeup...but maybe makeup isn’t the only problem with me (LOLS). I then take in her denim jacket and hair pulled back into a ponytail along with her newly painted nails. Her large eyes patted with light eyeshadow and pink lips that form the perfect smile tell me she is what they call “a campus flirt.” (Remember my creepy secret agent habit of observing people?) I peek at the cute guy who hasn’t said anything.

 

 

“Oppa, did you eat breakfast?” she asks. Well I didn’t, I silently say. The cute guy opens his Macbook and begins to type. I raise my eyebrows. He is either deaf or super rude. Is he ignoring her? I’m starting to be glad I didn’t talk to him. But this girl doesn’t give up either.

 

 

“Oppa, if you didn’t eat yet, do you want to go get sandwiches after this period?” I look to see the cute guy’s reaction, but he only furrows his brows like he’s uncomfortable. Or annoyed. Or both.

 

 

 

“Oppa?” the girl says. I’m about to applaud this girl’s perseverance when the cute guy speaks up. Finally.

 

 

kKZtsHniLBrkqAWGE6ZZ-LvoumbXvnm9rcIAyrYK8Ykno_kMmRuAvLCxNz06Wq16RVRyCg4Ax-U1HXhNHdlytnBHP_JHrz9EaULTrnwcPlzlE6VmxsStM7PM52ieiY24XZn3kGAe   

 

 

    “Sunbaenim,” he says. What; I’m so confused. But his voice is so low and almost raspy and that makes him so much more attractive…

 

    “Sorry?” the girl asks with large eyes.

 

    “Don’t call me oppa; I’m your sunbae. Call me sunbaenim,” he replies. I’m frantically trying to arrange facts in my brain. So I thought ‘Oppa’ was his name...but then I guess not? Sunbaenim? What’s that? I really need to research Korean titles for people.

 

    “Oh… okay, sunbaenim,” the girl corrects herself and tries to smile a bit. I feel a little sorry for her.

 

 

“So no sandwich?” she adds. The cute “sunbaenim” shakes his head. The girl looks disappointed but soon walks away to her own seat, where two other girls start talking to her with large eyes. Hm… I don’t know if I want to talk to this guy anymore. He seems rather cold. I wonder what his name is, though.

 

 

    “Uh… hi there,” I say, after a few moments of mustering up enough courage. He glances at me and nods. Well then, Mr. Rude but Cute guy. I clear my throat and ask, “What’s your name...sunbaenim?” I silently pray I got the title right. The guy eyes me and I freeze.

 

    “You’re a freshman?” he asks finally. I slowly nod. He continues typing and I give up talking to him. He’s so cold in contrast to his cute face. But then I notice his sharp eyes and pale face. Huh, maybe the coldness suits him after all.

 

    “How old are you?” he asks. I look at him to make sure it’s me he’s talking to, but he’s still staring at his laptop screen.

 

    “Twenty,” I reply. I’m almost shocked he’s asking me questions first.

 

    “New to Korea?” he asks again and I nod. He then stops typing and faces me for the first time. I take this chance to scan his full face; I’ve never seen him so up close before and his flawless skin, narrow eyes, and rather long eyelashes make him look like an anime character. He then looks away and sighs before continuing to type away.

 

 

SkSBS_YcjStGeR4DmuZ-4DMD7Y5JaurH-NqP9KBYY2kpyYm64dfCkbRjgeWLHr37XoXR1LxLeZOssipglsu79mJauL45DguosU1xQgf1v0y1SY_62WbfO7CGUOFgAiTWnEe-Jxst

 

 

    “Just call me Yoongi. That’s my name,” he says soon after. Yoongi? Why does that sound familiar..? I turn to him.

 

    “What happened to ‘sunbaenim?’” I ask. I honestly don’t even know what that is but I feel like it has to do with etiquettes. Yoongi shakes his head slightly and says in a low voice, “I’m not going to make someone the same age as me call me ‘sunbae.’ Especially if you aren’t even used to the Korean culture. Just call me Yoongi.”

 

    “Okay,” I answer in a small voice. I feel my face burning with embarrassment. Especially if I’m not used to the Korean culture? Did I make a mistake? I should never use words I don’t know. I ruffle my own hair and then quickly face the front as a tall man in professional clothing walks into the room. His dark hair and sharp eyes remind me of Yoongi’s. Huh.

 

 

    “Good morning everyone. My name is Min Junki, your head professor for mathematics education,” he says in a loud, clear voice. Well his voice isn’t like Yoongi’s. I squint my eyes at him. So he’s Min Junki, the suspect I’m supposed to catch.

 

 

“I will now take roll. Please keep in mind that three unexcused tardies or absences result in an F in this course,” he continues. Whoa… three? At the ICJA, we only have one chance. It’s pretty lenient here. As Mr. Min begins listing names, I hear one name that rings a bell.

 

 

“Min Yoongi.”

 

 

“Here,” Yoongi says beside me. I blink. Min Yoongi. I frantically rummage through my bag. I know it’s in here somewhere...found it. I pull out a piece of paper. It’s the schedule I found on the ground yesterday. Yes. Min Yoongi’s schedule. So the Yoongi next to me is this Min Yoongi? That means...we have the same exact classes since I copied his schedule. I take one more glimpse of his handsome face and try hard not to smile too hard.

 

Well I don’t mind that.

 

 

***

 

 

    I arrive home and start googling ‘oppa’ and ‘sunbaenim.’

 

 

    Oppa: a term used by a Korean girl to call an older man (but by less than 10 years).

 

    Oppa can be: real biological older brother

 

            male friend that is older

 

            an older male a girl is trying to flirt with

 

 

    The last one confirms my thoughts about the ‘good morning’ girl. See, she is a flirt. Well I guess then Yoongi is definitely not an ‘oppa,’ since he’s also twenty. Then what’s a “sunbaenim?”

 

 

    Sunbae: a senior or anyone who is more experienced in the same field

 

 

    Huh. I’m starting to understand these titles, but why are there so many? I see others that I’m going to ignore for now. Wait what do you call someone the same age? Just their name?

 

 

    To call a friend by their name, you can add -ah or -yah (the latter if their name ends with an -ie sound) at the end of their name.

 

 

    Oh so… Yoongi...yah? I repeat the word in my head. Yoongiyah, Yoongiyah, Yoongiyah. I’m going to call him that now. I smile, feeling a bit more Korean than 10 minutes ago. As I close my laptop, I hear a beep in my ear followed by Mr. Kim’s voice.

 

 

    “(y/n), are you there?”

 

    “Yes sir,” I speak into the mic.

 

    “Anything to report?”

 

    “No sir, nothing in particular,” I try to remember something that might be worth bringing up but can’t. It’s just the first day, after all.

 

    “Be sure to track everything you can. Find out the places he goes to, the people he meets, and observe his behavior throughout,” Mr. Kim sternly says.

 

    “Yes sir.”

 

    “And if another death occurs, we’re almost a hundred percent positive Min Junki is the culprit. It looks like our other suspect is going to settle in Japan for good.”

 

    “I understand sir. But I will try to gather evidence before another death, sir,” I say. Remember how there’s a second suspect another one of our team members is spying on in Japan? Well, if he stays in Japan and another murder happens here in this neighborhood, Min Junki might be the murderer for sure. After tracking all the past deaths, the security cameras showed Min Junki to be present, but there may have been another person it didn’t capture. That’s why we think it’s him...but I need to find solid evidence. Our second suspect only occurred in two of the crime scenes and so we are leaning more towards Min Junki. Still, it’s never bad to be safe. We need to track all suspects in detail. I don’t want another death to happen any time soon.

 

 

    “Good. I’m going to send you additional files on the past four deaths. Try to see if there are more patterns we haven’t analyzed yet,” Mr Kim says.

 

    “Yes sir. Thank you sir,” I reply.

 

    “Alright then. Have some rest. You’ll need it each day.” And with that, Mr. Kim hangs up. I sigh. I can’t lie. This mission has quite the burden on me. As I finally climb into bed, my phone rings with a notification. I check to see the email from Mr. Kim concerning the four deaths has arrived. Wow, so much for “have some rest.” I feel so stressed now that I don’t know if I’ll be able to sleep all that well. I throw my phone aside and then realize I should ask Yoongi for his number tomorrow. You know, just in case I have questions on homework or something. I smile at the thought and my stress is a bit relieved. I know I’m supposed to spy on Min Junki but I feel like spying on Yoongi. His cute face and low voice don’t leave my head.

 

 

I’m such a good agent, aren’t I?

 

 

 

***

 


Author's Notes:

oTmrt--7yTy2sA_2W3tRsZWQ97GaQLsM2Jg-KULOCOolvtHHhquuoLh9ngKHCJSpwk5ReL4xo7zFrsByh0r-l4gclHsEy978w4csCw9TQDTgtuxBgiEStqiXCIUr_Nt0dV-iifZt

   

Before I say anything, I'd like to sincerely apologize for coming so late--it's already almost the end of the week!

But I literally had no wifi this past week and it's only today that I'm able to post my first chapter of Yoongi's story XD

WELL MY LOVELY PEOPLE, WE ARE NOW AN AGENT THAT YOONGI WILL SOON COME TO LIKE^^

This is a whole new genre (sort of) that I'm dealing with and so I can't guarantee its quality... (it really might be boring if you don't like this kind of stuff haha)

And I actually started writing this one before Suho's so now when I'm going back to make revisions I can't help but puke at my own writing...XDD

ALSO I promise there is romance in the midst of all this murder-catchng business and I really hope you all stay with me until we for sure make the cold-hearted Yoongi ours, yeah?

Well I wish you all a wonderful rest of the week!

SEE YOU SOON <3