SUGA: Chapter 4

Pink Bubbles

*Back to (y/n)’s perspective (sorry for the constant switch)*

   

 

I’m back on the road after Min Junki and this time he arrives at a hair salon. Madam Song’s Hair Studio. I didn’t think he needed a haircut. I watch him get out of the car and walk inside. He’s greeted by a woman who seems to be around the same age as him. I scan her (as it’s a habit of mine from being an agent): she has long, brown hair, with a fair complexion consisting of pale skin and rosy cheeks. She might be around the same height as me, and is fairly skinny. Huh. She must be “Madam Song” or someone in charge of the place. I stop myself when I see Min Junki take her hand and lead her out to his car. Wait, what’s going on? He opens the trunk and I spot a bouquet of roses. Red ones. When did he get those? I’m even more confused when he hands it to her, and she covers looking touched by all this. What in the world is happening? Min Junki has a girlfriend?

 

The woman embraces him and I stare dumbfoundedly as the two then get in the car. It’s now almost 3 pm. The car lights up and I groan as I take all this in. I then chase after him for the hundredth time today.

 

We arrive at a fancy restaurant and I already know they’re going to take a long time. It’s not even dinnertime and so the fact that they came here now means they are going to hang around until late evening. I want to go home and rest, but then I feel bad for not spying on Min Junki until he goes home for the day. I look around the car when I spot a small carrier under the passenger seat. What’s this? I feel like all of ICJA’s cars have the weirdest gadgets. I open it with my fingerprint and find five trackers. My tired lips grow into a smile. Perfect. I can stick one of these under Min Junki’s car. From what I know, these trackers tell me when and where Min Junki’s car is if I connect it to my own device. The only downside is that besides being crazy expensive to manufacture, it only has a 12 hour battery at a time. And that’s why Mr. Kim encourages us to actually follow the people we are suspecting; it brings more inference and saves money.

 

I step out of the car and slowly walk towards Min Junki’s car. There’s a security guard and to make sure I’m not fishy, I call him over.

 

 

“무슨 일이세요?” he says. I stare back at him. Oh right, I forgot this is Korea.

 

“English?” I ask back hopefully. He slowly nods and says, “What’s the matter, miss?” Thank God he speaks English.

 

“I think I dropped my ring under this car, could you help me find it?” I say as I point to Min Junki’s car. The guard looks at me and nods. He then bends down and starts to look for the ring that isn’t there. I bend down next to him and quickly slip the tracker underneath the car, also pretending to look for my imaginary ring.

 

“Oh well, if it’s not here, I guess I’ll just buy another one,” I tell the guard after a few minutes of “looking.” I peek at Min Junki and his date through the glass window, and they seem to be so engrossed in a conversation that they don’t notice what’s going on outside. That’s good. He didn’t see me. I grin and thank the guard, who apologizes for my loss.

 

I’m now free to go back home. But as I make my way back home, I’m constantly sneezing for some odd reason. Am I getting a cold...for real? That’s impossible. I check my temperature and I don’t seem to have a fever. But then again, I could never tell. And the dizziness I’m feeling as I open the door to my room isn’t helping. Why do I feel so dizzy? Maybe I am getting a cold, and that’s why I’ve been so exhausted today in particular. I shudder as I throw my bag aside and pass out on the bed.

 

 

***

 

 

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. Who is it…? I groan as I get up. My head feels like it’s going to explode. I reach for my phone and check who’s calling.

 

 

Yoongi

 

 

Yoongi? I look at the clock in my room. Whoa, it’s already 7 pm. I quickly pick up the phone while grabbing my head.

 

 

“Hello?”

 

“...” I check to make sure the phone signal is working when I hear only silence.

 

“Hello?” I repeat, after seeing that the call is running.

 

“...hey,” Yoongi says after a pause. I hear him clear his throat.

 

“What’s up?” I ask, my voice hoarse.

 

“Are you...okay?” his voice reaches my ears. I smile weakly, can’t believing the cold-hearted Min Yoongi is actually worried about me.

 

“I’m fine,” I say and laugh a little. My laugh soon turns into a cough and I face away from my phone. How did I get so sick?  

 

“Did you eat?” Yoongi asks. Now it’s him who’s asking that question. I can’t help but grin.

 

“No,” I say, realizing that I haven’t.

 

“Well eat something. And get some more sleep,” he says.

 

“I’ll try,” I assure him, trying to hold back my cough.

 

“...I’ll fill you in on what you missed. See you tomorrow,” Yoongi says after a pause. He clears his throat again and I reply, “See you.”

 

After the phone call with Yoongi, I pull the covers over my head feeling dizzy again. I look at my phone and notice there’s 7 missed calls...all from Yoongi. I slept through that? And did he call that many times because he was so worried about me? Well eat something, Yoongi’s voice rings in my head. I want to listen to him but I’m too weak to get up and grab something to bite. So I decide to listen to his second order, and get some more sleep, by going back to sleep.

 

 

 

When I open my eyes again, this time it’s Mr. Kim who calls me. I check the time. 9:10 pm.

 

 

“Yes sir,” I say, still laying down.

 

“(y/n), what on earth happened?! Where are you?!” I’m startled by his frantic voice.

 

“Sir, I don’t understand. What do you mean--” I start.

 

“Another death happened at around 8:40 pm in Min Junki’s neighborhood. Were you not on him this entire time?!” Mr. Kim nearly shouts. I get up fast.

 

What...no. No. No. No. Another death? No...this can’t be. It’s not been that many weeks since the last one.

 

No.

 

“I’m sending you details right now. It seems as though he did it again without leaving any evidence behind. The police are investigating, but it’s hard to say we’ll be able to prove that it’s Min Junki behind all of this.”

 

“Sir...I’m so sorry,” I say, my voice shaking. How could I have missed this? This was my only chance...this was...my one job for crying out loud.

 

“(y/n), calm down,” Mr. Kim says sternly. I think he noticed my shaky voice. Before I can respond, he says, “I’m sending Agent Jeon to you starting tomorrow. He should arrive at around 10 am from Osaka. I want you two to work together and find evidence so we can bring Min Junki in. Is that clear?”

 

“Yes sir…” I say, trying to process all of this. I even feel my body shaking.

 

“Get at least some rest tonight because starting from tomorrow, I want you and Agent Jeon to start investigating together as a team,” Mr. Kim says and we end our call.

 

I wait for the information from Mr. Kim to arrive, and as soon as I receive it, I decide to stay up the whole night looking for clues. I mean, I already slept for hours anyway and my head’s not spinning as much as before.

 

 

Victim: Song Ah Rin.

Age: 35

Occupation: Hair Salon Manager

Marital status: Single

Family: Mother and brother

Cause of death: Murder (poisoned)

Place of death:  Near 630-21 Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea (this is an actual address and this story is fiction, so don’t take this literally okay?)

Suspects: none (ICJA suspects: Min Junki)

Access to CCTV: unavailable  

 

Wait a minute. Song Ah Rin? I look at the picture of the poor lady. It’s the same lady I saw Min Junki with today. So...he killed his girlfriend?! I open the other files and look at the past victims. Hwang Sa Rang. Park Young Ha. Kim Soo Young. Choi He Ran. All women. All under the age of 40. All...hair salonists. And they all have the same length of brown hair with a fair face. All poisoned. There’s definitely a pattern in this serial killing. But why would Min Junki kill so many people? Similar people too, I might mention. And how did he get away every single time? Did his mental illness have to do with this? Did he date all these women? Millions of questions fly through my head and I realize how heavily I’m breathing. I touch my forehead. I hate how I can never tell when I have a fever. I end up closing both my laptop and my eyes.

 

So much for wanting to stay up the whole night.

 

 

***

 

 

“(y/n).” I hear my name and slowly open my eyes.

 

“Are you awake?” I hear the voice again and my eyes open wide. Who..?

 

 

wzhLARj_HtPUpsnjYVLQs_OuUYllz6-T5JpIjDyPlfgIde-0mingykmP6nVDPf4kyJdeD5lTTx689qHXlTi22_HLzzXDJtU1DSUUbqb7kHAGSqkVXN5_TqtgBBpdeFc9y5Vma8V2

 

 

“Are you feeling better?” My eyes meet a pair of large, puppy eyes and before I know it, I croak, “Jeon Jungkook?”

 

“Yeah, it’s me,” he says, grinning. I look at him confused. “How’d you get in here?” I ask him as I notice a cold towel on my forehead. I take it off and Jungkook puts out his hand for me to hand it to him.

 

“Well, I’m living with you starting today, whether you like it or not. Mr. Kim made sure that I arrive as soon as possible after he said you sounded sick,” he says as he puts the towel in a tub of water.  

 

“Oh,” I say and remember last night’s conversation with Mr. Kim. That’s right. Agent Jeon...Jungkook is supposed to be here...at 10 am.

 

Wait what. 10?!

 

“What’s the matter?” Jungkook asks as he watches me frantically rush to the bathroom after checking the time.

 

11:00 am.

 

I’m screwed.

 

I’m supposed to be in school. I yell as soon as I see my face in the mirror: my hair is literally a broom and my bare face is swollen like a blobfish. No offense to blobfish. Or brooms. I shake my head and quickly rinse my hair and wash my face. As I step out of the bathroom, Jungkook stares at me with his arms crossed, leaning on the side of the wall.

 

 

“What?” I ask as I quickly walk towards my room to get dressed.

 

“Who’s Yoongi?” he asks and I screech to a halt.

 

“What...how do you know Yoongi?” I ask him with a raised eyebrow. Jungkook smirks at me and pulls out my phone from his back pocket.

 

“He called you seventeen times so I muted your phone,” he says.

 

“What?!” I almost shout as I reach for my phone. He holds it high up so I can’t reach it. “Give it back!” I start jumping up and down.

 

“Don’t tell me he’s your boyfriend,” he says in a rather low voice as he suddenly leans forward.

 

“What nonsense are you blabbering, child? He is not,” I say pulling back then snatching my phone back once it’s in reach.

 

“I wouldn’t think Mr. Kim would like the idea of you dating in the midst of an important mission,” he teases. Ugh, I forgot about how annoying Jeon Jungkook can be. He and I practically grew up training (him being a year younger than me), and he’s pretty much family. Except sometimes...he crosses the line, making me confused. I know he doesn’t and couldn’t possibly have a crush on me, but--

 

 

IE5CajU5yjOb3hKXYELvfuaddt9rXzjh45V9oOi5_1FbyDAvKmKMmfcytFXPI-PL-pc_lcc_Cz2qHv66S4D1IhffeU-O9SsIww-W7vp7cR396uCUX6UIHJbQQNuoSVQHrVeB4Sus

 

 

“Unless it’s me, of course,” his lips form a playful smile. See how confusing he is? I honestly don’t know if he’s joking or being serious sometimes. I look at him blankly and he laughs.

 

“I’m kidding,” he says, ruffling my hair. He grins at me and I shove him as I walk to my room to get changed.

 

“I don’t get a ‘thank you’ for nursing you all morning? You know I arrived two hours earlier than I was supposed to,” he yells. Huh. I do actually feel better...thanks to him. I clear my throat and yell back, “Thank you, Agent Jeon!”

 

As I enter my room, I think I hear him say, “What happened to ‘Kookie?’”

 

 

***

 

 

I get out of the room wearing a plain, white shirt with jeans. I look once more in the mirror and go back in my room. Okay if I’m late anyway, I might as well put on some makeup. After applying foundation and some eyeshadow along with pink lipstick, I walk out again.

 

 

“Wait, why are you dressed too?” I ask Jungkook as I see that he’s changed clothes and holding a backpack.

 

 

7AYyjAwiJ2oV3ubtQiK6K1vLBN-swK9Jk3ysGTlLNeA45wKrCdWI-HbWaj-Dg6WLYXE5KsDX_rDsZcRmNmZlWTinlLcGmI_qmEiBim57RWUFbJFOrIrZpES_TwSUd7mauaX-rA41

 

 

“What do you mean? Aren’t you going to school right now?” he looks at me.

 

“Yeah, but…” I start to say when Jungkook just smiles and says, “I’m enrolled too. I’m going with you.”

 

“...” I glance at him and he shrugs. He then leans towards me and before I realize it, his face is extremely close. Goodness give me space. I push him away and he shakes his head as he clicks his tongue.

 

“What?” I ask, annoyed.

 

“I was just reminded how makeup works miracles. You look so different from when you just woke up,” Jungkook raises his eyebrows to show he’s impressed but ends up grinning after noticing my irritated face. Ugh, I take back everything I said. He clearly doesn’t think of me as someone more than...well, a sister.  

 

“Who are you trying to impress, looking all pretty like that?” he asks as he throws his backpack over his shoulder and walks towards the door. I stop.

 

“It better not be that Yoongi,” he says as he opens the door and stands as if he’s waiting for me to follow after.

 

“And why do you care?” I stick my tongue out at him and walk out the door after him. I hear his low laugh and feel his large hand ruffling my hair as we wait for the elevator. I smack him and tell him to stop doing that. He makes a face at me in return. The rest of the way to school consists of our constant bickering after that.

 

 

 

By the time we get to the classroom, we find it empty, which makes sense since it’s still lunch hour. I look around for a place to sit and decide to sit in my usual seat. I place my bag next to me to save a seat for Yoongi. That is, until Jeon Jungkook moves my bag and slides in next to me.

 

 

“That’s not your seat,” I look at him. He stares back.

 

“Are there assigned seats in this class?” he asks.

 

“Are you in this class?” I ask back.

 

“Yeah,” he smiles, “I’m taking the same exact classes as you.” Before I can respond, I hear a voice.

 

“(y/n).” It’s Yoongi.

 

“Yoongiyah!” I turn to see Yoongi standing in front of me. I give him a smile and wave. He slightly bends down before he begins to inspect my face. He furrows his eyebrows and I just awkwardly smile back at him. I notice he’s wearing all black today.

 

“Are you...okay?” he asks in his low, raspy voice. I missed that voice...even though it’s only been a day. A day, right? I nod rapidly at him and he slightly smiles. His eyes then slide to my right and his smile disappears. I follow his gaze to my right and see Jeon Jungkook leaning on his arm, eyeing the two of us.

 

 

“Is this the Yoongi?” Jungkook says to me. I glance at Yoongi who then looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Uh yeah,” I tell Jungkook. He nods with a smirk and leans in closer before whispering, “Man, I was worried he’d be too high of a competition but I guess I don’t have to. I’m so much bet--ow!” I shut him up with a hard smack on the back. How dare he compare himself to Yoongi? I’m about to give him another blow but his huge hand grabs mine as he whines, “That hurts.” Yoongi’s face grows darker.

 

 

“By the way, after this class Mr. Kim wants us to do investigating,” Jungkook leans in again to whisper as he rubs his back. I nod at him and roll my eyes. I love my job, but sometimes I just want to have time to hang out with people…or Yoongi.

 

 

 

CZ4USh5aNJtJA9BA5WRPCOcNc_efVhBrCuzxRA7HFcxvQilrV2LBPxKN8-fY2JNlH0Nlsy8VoTe4xYFWdhgQp0iB18Jti1bjH9GCReE4WA5aO8Fra_KQKu7gcxhdizWQljHWvQjz

 

 

“Sorry to interrupt you two, but can I sit in my seat?” I hear Yoongi’s irritated tone and quickly nod before glaring at Jungkook.

 

“Go sit over there,” I push him away.

 

“I don’t see why this is your seat,” Jungkook looks up at Yoongi, his face now resting on his palm. I keep forgetting that Jungkook is a muscle pig. He never budges when I try to push him away. It doesn’t matter if I’ve spent years training. If there’s one guy I can’t move, it’s Jeon Jungkook.

 

“Jeon Jungkook…” I start to say.

 

“Jeon Jungkook? Are you new?” Yoongi cuts through and I look at him. Jungkook nods expressionless.

 

“Freshman?” Yoongi asks again and I recognize this scene...didn’t he ask me that too when I first came?

 

“Yes sir,” Jungkook yawns and then turns to me before ruffling my hair. I slap his hand away and say with clenched teeth, “I told you to stop doing that.”

 

 “I know, but you’re just so cute,” Jungkook’s hand returns to pinch my cheek and I glare at him.

 

 

What is up with him? Why is he acting like this? Cute? Uh I don’t think so. Jungkook glances at Yoongi and grins. What is wrong with him? His jokes are starting to cross the line...I quickly turn to Yoongi who does not look happy.

 

 

“You two must be very close,” Yoongi says as he taps his finger on my desk.

 

“This is Jungkook. He moved here recently, and I’ve known him ever since we were little. We’re like siblings, don’t worry,” I say rapidly, waving my hand.

 

“Why would I worry?” Yoongi asks with a scowl.

 

 

Oh. Well true that. It’s not like Yoongi would care. But he did worry about me recently...did that mean nothing? Yoongi starts to turn and I’m scared he’s going to go sit somewhere else. Jeon Jungkook...why is he so stubborn? But before I can say something to call Yoongi back, Yoongi faces us again.

 

 

 

5bFRWciFL4s8DHrn855dakzG_ERmSeI_u6iYqzOz-hGzqs99p74jE_I1xk0bUsEQAT1ehyHJea8wxPJuGvhf7k2wyme1SH3wXps1g2VPakrNkV7k_w9KHXrwH04xj_MVLpbpW0-b

 

 

    “You know what? Jeon Jungkook...was it? You’re right. This isn’t my seat,” he says. I start to shake my head and tell him it is his seat, but all of a sudden Yoongi grabs my hand and stands me up. I stare at him with large eyes and Jungkook does too.

 

    “But my seat’s always next to (y/n), so if I have to move her, I will,” Yoongi flashes Jungkook a smile and continues, “Come, (y/n)” before he leads me to a seat near the front of the room. I don’t know what to feel about this but all I know is my heart is beating a little too fast right now.

 

 

    ***

 

 

    I want to ask Yoongi what he meant by “my seat’s always next to (y/n)” but I’m worried he’s going to take it back if I make a fuss about it. He isn’t the type to like my questions anyway. Could it be, though? Could it be that...Yoongi kind of...likes me? I giggle at the thought but stop myself when Yoongi glances at me. I quickly try to focus on the lecture I don’t even have to listen to. It’s funny because I remember freaking out when I was enrolled as a mathematical major, but it turns out I don’t even have to “learn how to not at math” (quoting Mr. Kim).

 

 

    “(y/n), it’s time to go,” Jungkook comes to my desk as soon as the lecture ends. He grabs my arm and starts to pull me up when I feel another hand grab my other arm.

 

“What do you mean? She still has two more classes with me,” Yoongi’s grip tightens.

 

“Guys,” I start to say when I hear a beep, followed by Mr. Kim’s voice.

 

“(y/n), start investigating with Agent Jeon now. I want you two to get to it before another potential death. Forget about your afternoon classes for now,” he says rather sternly. His timing is always so perfect, isn’t it?

 

“Yes sir,” I respond, taking a deep breath.

 

“What? Who are you talking to?” Yoongi turns to me. I look at him and weakly smile before taking my arm out of his grip. He looks at me with raised eyebrows.

 

“Yoongiyah, I’m really sorry, but I have to go...on an important errand,” I tell him.

 

“What about class?” he asks in a harsh tone.

 

“I’ll catch up later,” I say as I grab my stuff. As I leave the room after Jeon Jungkook, I yell, “I’ll call you, okay?”

 

Yoongi only stares at me.

 

 

***

 


Author's Notes:

AHHHHHHHH why is writing so hard?

Guys I'm so sorry this is turning out to be so...tedious but yay that we finally got to meet our Agent Jeon.. (aka second lead sort of not really)!

And yes, we have succeeded in making Min Yoongi a little jelly...^^

Thank you so much for reading and I do believe I'm going to wrap things up for Mr. Min Suga this week so please stay tuned (if you're still with me LOLS)!

Love you all <3