Chapter 8

The Red Crown
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 8: The Boy with the Hood. 

"EH!?" 

"Your his Brother" Doyoung retorts rudely while  pointing his finger at him, Jaehyun a man of manners himself jumps between them stopping doyoung from making even more rude reactions. “ hello!" he chimed  pushing Doyoung back. " I’m Jung Jaehyun this is my friend Kim Doyoung we'll be working together for this mission, I hope we get along sir-” he paused waiting to other to answer and he hope he did cause it would awkward for them.

"he asked for your name" Doyoung sneered behind Jaehyun. 

Jaehyun frown at him before smiling back to their odd companion. " Taeyeon" the latter finally spoke hearing his voice for the first time and surprisingly he had deep but charming voice not the type of voice you expect to hear form someone as odd as him.

" Lee Taeyeon" he continued making Jaehyun smile putting out his hand. “ nice to meet you lord Lee” he greets but other shook his head dismissively.

 

“no don’t call me with honorifics just call me Taeyeon” he says taking his hand out under his coat to shake Jaehyun hand this gave the two boys a chance to see he had golden cufflinks on which represent in the military ranks someone in higher position. But without the full view of his uniform they wont know what rank he really is.

 

Jaehyun turns to Doyoung giving sign to other to greet him which he did. He steps forward and take out his hand. “Doyoung… it’s a pleasure working with you” he said shaking his hand.

 

“pleasure is mine” he answers and for moment Doyoung felt the great familiarity of his voice and presence. “ have we meet before?” he asked the other, Taeyeon remain silent before shaking his head. “…I believe not”  he whisper before walking back to his chair. Doyoung stared for moment before turning his back and walk over to his own seat next to Jaehyun.

 

Doyoung Looked to the Governor who smiled at them. “ …now that you all  are acquainted let me introduce myself I’m Lau Henry the Governor of  Merines Village nice meet you.” He greets smiling at each boy. he looked nice but much older than Doyoung had expected. his eyes glance over to the man whose been standing behind the governor the whole time since they arrived. 

judging by his uniform it was easily to concluded he was part of the military if Doyoung were to guess he was in the guards platoon.

The Governor must have notice him staring as he  gestured to the man behind him  “ this is Han Kim the captain of my guards” the Captain saluted to them before standing back straight.

 

“I know you boys are tired so let start talking so can rest later” the governor says before taking out few documents out of his drawer. Captain Han took the documents and handed it to them the paper detailed the reported incidents that had happened in the past months.

Jaehyun skimmed through the papers before folding them down on his lap " ok just go where it all started" he  inquires. the Governor nods his lips first before he starts telling him. 

 

“ it started when Captain Han had alerted me about the increasing number of reported robberies in the local market area I thought it was nothing since the only thing stolen were sack of rice , vegetables and few crops those

Please log in to read the full chapter