Chapter 1

The Red Crown
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1: PARTY.

 

Nobility, Respect, Intellect, and Power these were things children were forced to learn at a young age. they were to act civilized and proper, to act in accordance to their statue. and for those born in a higher class, such as the Noble families. they were to live up to the expectation that their family names bare.

And for one young man, he takes the world like a burden, a stone on his back that he has no desire removing; born into the Kim family a noble clan greatly known for their smarts and influence in the royal court now an adult he now bears the burden to follow his father's steps.

Taking scenery outside his carriage window the young man in his early 20s lets out a deep sigh as he leans back in seat tugging the collar of his uniform that he was wearing for tonight's party.

 

“whats wrong honey?” a soft voice spoke he diverts his attention over to the woman sitting across him, his mother Song Mihon a charming woman with wrinkles that do not dare stain her charm.  

 

“nothing mother just feeling stuffy that’s all”  the young man answered with a smile.  a chuckle can be heard next to him making the young man glanced over to his father who wore very similar attire as him only in deeper shades of black and blue.

 

“in time you'll get used to it Doyoung, especially after you, finish military academy you’d be wearing this type of clothes every day” the older chuckled which made the younger dread but not wanting to let his father know he lets out a sheepish laugh, he glance outside to see their carriage has entered the castle gates.

 

The whole castle was practically glowing with all the lights lit up inside, fine decoration hanging above the courtyard it was simply magical to see. an  greeted them as they entered the front doors before leading them inside towards the castle ballroom where music and sounds of people laughter echoed. The large door that almost touch ceiling was wide open welcoming everyone to enter.

 

Food of all sort was laid out in long tables,  butler serving wine to every guest inside. at the very front and center of the ballroom, where all the guest to see was the king of Heric and his family His Highness King Ma and Her Highness Queen Emi. adjacent to their seats were empty chairs. It seems whoever will occupy those seats has yet to arrive.

“Entering is Lord Official Kim Hejung, her Lady Mihon and son Lord Kim Doyoung” the announce as the Kim family entered the ball retrieving much attention amongst the guest.

 

Doyoung hated the attention because once you do everyone start deliberating your background and achievement and failures and some try to seen shame your name.

 

“I hear Offical kim older son is a scholar and head teacher an Academy in here even though he did so well in his school”

 

“really…that too bad but I do hear their youngest son Doyoung is set to become a General and his doing very well in Academy as well”

 

“Yes his a

Please log in to read the full chapter