Chapter 4

The Red Crown
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 : Tae branch and the Sealed Letter


Over a week had passed since the party and Doyoung last encounter with the red head stranger. After Jaehyun interruption he tried to finding him in the ball hoping he was amongst the guest but sadly he found no one.

disappointed Doyoung return home feeling dejected and wondering. who was that man?. it was so rare for him to be so eager to want to know someone, it was usually the other way but that stranger had truely left deep impression on the young noble to make him ponder like this. 

 

With nothing else and no clue who the red haired stranger was Doyoung return back to his daily rutine of training and exams and right now he bleeding sweats outside in the academy grounds. letting out  sigh the young noble stabs his practice sword on the ground and collapse next to it as he took rest under shades of the trees near the grounds of their training field. It was hot weather more than usual and they been doing sword drills for over 2 hours now everyone was sweating rivers and fuming from being under the sun too long. thank heaven the drill instructor finally gave them a break if not students would be collapsing if it had gone any longer.

 

“more of longer this... the time jaehyun see me  I’ll dark as a tree bark” Doyoung mumbled ducking his head down between his legs trying to cool down. suddenly a towel fell on top of his head, jolting him to look up and see a person laughing down at him it was his closes friend in the academy Seo Johnny a very tall and lax fellow with a strong back and arms. 

 

“ Johnny you startled me” the noble mumbled staring at his friend as he sat down next him shirtless and looking tired from the training. " sorry..." the other mused carelessly as he starts wiping off his sweats with his own towel. 

“damn,  it sure is hot today ” Johnny grunts fanning himself with his hand. Doyoung quietly nods as he wipes his sweat. glancing over to Johnny who was enjoying the soft breeze that rush through the field. 

 

"hows your father been doing?" He asked  Jonny briefly glances to him before letting out a huff. " still busy as ever right now his in a business trip selling some Merch to a noble family in the east" Johnny muttered shrugging but there was hint of worry in his eyes that Doyoung saw.

Johnny came from a house of successful merchants from his grandmother to his father each generation had established great prosperity in the world trading and commodities and Johnny father,  Seo June was the best of them all he confident man with pure and honset business even the head advisor of the court trust his dealings and sells. so to keep on favor lord June usually does the deals and supervision under his watch which worries Johnny for his father safety as his old man was a -"reckless fool" as he termed him.

Doyoung smiled remembering his first meeting with Lord Seo he was lively man with big smile on his face "he'll be fine johnny your father had done this half his life besides you know he wont leave you and your sister alone" he say assuring the other clearly worried over his father trip. Johnny smiled a little before patting Doyoung back thanking the other. 

 

“by the way, lately I notice something” Johnny starts looking at Doyoung with queering eyes. “what?” Doyoung respond with brow raised. 

 

“i've notice you’ve been spacing out a lot for this past week…something on you mind that keeping you busy?” Johnny asked. 

Doyoung didnt think it was that obivious that he was out of it, no his act was clean not even his parents notice this was just Johnny special talent to see through people. it must because of his kind personality and caring heart but it was always easy for johnny to spot someone in trouble.

 

“…just..well Johnny do you know any family that has red hair?” he asked thinking maybe johnny would know something since his father was a businessman he would know a lot of noble families.

 

“red hair..” Johnny repeats tapping his under chin as he tried to think as far back as he can before snapping his figures looking back to Doyoung with enlighten face.

“the Tae branch from the Lee Family their pretty well known for their red hair” he glees proud of his strong memories but Doyoung frown confused unfamiliar of what he said, it was understandable to be confused as dividing a clan into branches was not a common practice in their area. 

“hear me out…” Johnny laughs as he starts drawing the lee family tree on the dirt. “ the Lee family is pretty big clan, they're so big you can build a small village with them so during the reign of 3rd head of the family he decided to divide the clan into 3 groups accordingly to the first names of his 3 sons , Dong, Min and Tae” he explained simples way as possible.

 

“and Tae branch is pretty known for their inherently red hair…Genera

Please log in to read the full chapter