Chapter 7

The Red Crown
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 7: Merine Village. 

 

After tiresome hours inside the meeting hall it was finally over by the time the noon bells had chimed Doyoung and Jaehyun was ever so relieved to get out of that place they made way there where they meet their father outside in the halls their face still held deep worry as they look to them. 

"Father" Jaehyun muttered sofly as he saw his father eyes gleaming in worry. “son … sorry we couldn't’t do more” but Jaehyun shakes his head patting his father back . " its alright dad you tried" he whispered.

"Yes, you tried but i think this was inevitable the king was set on this plan to send us ” Doyoung states which the two official agreed the king was a stubborn man when it came to his plans. 

 

“it's to good to hear you boys not regretting the mission” a voice speaks behind them causing the group to turn around and see it General Taeyang approaching them with a evident smile on his strict face.

“General Teayang” Official Jung and Kim greeted the young Genera,l who humbly greeted back with a bow. he look to the boys  that greeted the general with a respected saluted,  as they should be.

 

“you boy did good in there much more than what I expected” he praised which boosted their confidences. “thank you general” they grin with flush cheeks.

 

the older chuckled before staring at them for moment his eyes showing a shadow of adoration. “ General Taeyang?”  Official Kim inquired making the latter blink a couples of times before looking at him.

“oh sorry…I was just thinking that these boys would greatly getting along with my brother” he says fondly. Doyoung took this as a quick opportunity for him to ask about this mysterious little brother.

 

“General Taeyang” he says flinching when General Taeyang looked at him. “ your brother..i was wondering whats his like?” he asked stuttering a bit.

 

General Taeyang rolled his eyes up trying think the best way possible to describe his brother “ well the best way I know to describe my brother is that his very Lax and likes to play around with people and doesn't care for manners....so basically his annoying”  he points out with annoyed expression like how most siblings would describe each other. “ but... his very reliable when you need him too” he added last with a confident smile.

 

Doyoung  didn't asked for more that was enough for him to know and he hopes he can get along well with the brother of his role model. " thank you General" he bowed his head thankful to the general who shake his head " no i should thank you... my troublesome brother will be in you care" he says curtly bowing his head. 

"General!" a soldier of his calls he looks up and see him gesturing his horse was already outside. " well that me..i hope to see you soon boys and good luck with your mission" he bids as he leaves. 

 

Doyoung grin big and promised himself he will do everything in his power to make this mission successful. "Oh boys!" a another voice calls out making Doyoung looks back to see Official Lee jogging his way over holding a bunch of papers in his hands. 

"could you meet me in office today around 3? i would like to discuss the manner of you mission a bit" he asked checking the time Doyoung and Jaehyun exchange looks before agreeing with that the official smiled before leaving in a hurry.

 

with much time on their hand they decided to go home and give to tell the news to their families and reaction had subtle differences. When Official Kim told his wife about their sons mission she fainted on the spot, scaring everyone in the house. meanwhile in Jung household Official Jung wife was aggressive woman when it comes to her family and when she heard about the news she was not happy. she wanted to charge back into the castle and give the king piece of her mind. 

she did not like her oldest to sent off in such a risky mission especially at a young age. but much plea of jaehyun and his father they manage to tame her down a little. 

 

After they had their lunch the boy found it difficult to leave their homes as their mother were preventing them to go they were still against the idea of them going to the risky mission.  " i got to go bye mom!" Doyoung shouts as his carriage scurried away fast as his father hold back his mother from stopping him. 

" she a handful" Doyoung muttered adjusting his collar and coat trying to tidy himself up before arriving to Official Lee mansion. upon arriving to his estate Doyoung meet up with Jaehyun who more in rags then he was. " your mother?" he inquired which the other nods straightening his coat and combing his hair. 

 

entering the official home they were lead to his office where they knock on the door first, they heard his husky voice call for them to enter, “ Good afternoon sir!” they greeted upon entering the room Official Lee sitting behind his desk smiled up to the boys and greeted them softly “ welcome, come have a seat” he  say gesturing to the two seat in front of him. the two boy bowed before taking their seats.

 

“so have you told your families the big news?” the Official asked. both Doyoung and Jaehyun laugh timidly remembering their mothers out burst few hours ago.

 

“I take it they weren’t too happy” he chuckled seeing the boys stiff expressions. “ its understandable” he sighed putting the paper dow on his table.

“ your young and given such task like this is very rare” he stated. “but no impossible” he added handing out two papers each of them. they took it and started reading the content.

 

“that entails the full detail of the request form Governor Henry” he says reading his own copy.

 

“basically your task is investigate the full extent of the problem and settle it but” he paused looking at the boys.

 

“ I will warn you if the problem is bigger than we had anticipated it to be..send word quickly” he told them with serious glare. “ I know you boys want to prove yourself but don’t act foolish, somethings are much greater for you to handle alone, understand?” he states firmly which the boys nodded. They know enough not to play brave heart in the mission they had to be careful a

Please log in to read the full chapter