Chapter 14

The Red Crown
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 14: Let's play TAG.

 

After accepting his challenge the boys move up to a different location which was the rooftop of an old hotel there Taeyeon and other boys gathered. 


“the game is easy three of us against the three of you… we’ll play as the “It” and we'll try to catch you if we fail to catch you by the time the evening clock rings then we lose and you can have these” he explained and showing them a small bag. 

He opens revealing inside full of golden coins. “woah..where did you?” Doyoung gasp shock to see that much money on him.

“…secret” he hummed tying bag close again and hide back under his coat. 

“so what do you say kid?” he asked. 

 

Jeno frown and looked back to his friends who nodded. “ok deal but whats your end if you win?” he inquired.

Taeyeon chuckled “ easy take us to the Baby,” he says which Jeno become hesitant but with the temptation of the money offered he accepted. 

"ok deal” he answers. looking back to his friends and gesture two to come over. 

“this is Renjun” he pointed boy small that was much thinner than him, wearing a shirt too big for his size and pair of shorts that was patch up. he walked in bare feet which made it clear to see the faint scars and bruises around his leg and feet.

“and this is Jaemin” he points other boys with messy brown hair smiling soft at them and like the rest, he was thin, malnourished and he wore a sleeveless shirt from the side you see his rib protruding against his skin and short that was torn around the edges but unlike Renjun he wore a pair of mismatched slippers.

“three of us will play you” Jeno stated crossing his arms Taeyeons nods as he turns back to his comrades that were giving him a serious look.

 

“ I know you don’t want to do this buts its only way…they're kids and from what I know about kids they like games and prizes” he states.

Doyoung sighed scratching his head, he opened his button coat and tossing down with the other heavy material he had on to the ground. 

“don’t steal it” he told the other kids nearby that frown at his accusation. he bends down and tightening his shoes. Jaehyun who standing next to the latter shakes his head and look over to a little girl smiling at him and gesturing her to come over the little looked hesitant but approach him Jaehyun kneels down to her level and pointed his stuff and Doyoungs.

“will you be a sweetheart and keep our things safe?” he asked favorably to the little girl who shyly smiles as she nods her head. smiling back he pats her head and gave her their things opening his coat he pulls up the cuffs and stood near the edge of the roof where Taeyeon and others were standing.

“aren’t  you going to take your coat off?” Jeno asked looking at Taeyeon still fully covered. Shaking his head “ no I’m fine” he answered which the younger shrugged. 

 

“alright…heres the rules the field is the whole town but you aren’t allowed to go outside or under the city basically only the streets and alleys… were not allowed to physically hurt each other but to make sure we really tagged you” Taeyeon tossed something over to Doyoung and Jaehyung. 

It was small stamps “ where'd you get these?” jaehyun asked looking at the small circular stamp in his palm. “I bought it yesterday… an old friend wanted me to buy her stamps from here..didn't think it would come in handy” he muttered toying around his own stamp. 

“if we manage to catch you will stamp you with this just to prove it..okay?” he inquired which jeno and others agreed fair enough. “in the count of 3” Jeno shouted as he and others ready themselves.

“3!..2!......GO!” Jeno shouts and like a burst of wind jeno and his friends jump ahead giving good meter away from Taeyeon and his comrades stunned on how fast the kids were.

 

“better get running or else you’ ll lose them” jeno group of friends taunted which snaps the 3 nobles out of their daze jumping and running after the boys. Doyoung watches in amazement how the boys jumped and crossed over crates and between house

Please log in to read the full chapter