Chapter 2

The Red Crown
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 : fathers heavy news.

 

“ His Highness  King Jung of Norel and Her Highness Queen Boa of Norel has arrived!” the shouts as the royal couple from the neighboring kingdom enter the ball with refinement and elegance. 

clad in their green and silver colors the royal couple they wore soft smiles as they walk through the sea of guest that ogle at them in admiration and at awe. 

“Oh..Queen Boa is still a beauty as ever,” Jaehyun says looking over as both queens greeted each other with hugs and smiles. “King Jung hasn’t changed as well” Doyoung noted watching the two kings exchange handshakes.

King Jun then turn attention to the young prince that was lazily standing next to his father. Both Doyoung and Jaehyung weren't so happy seeing the firstborn prince there.

 

The prince and boys were around the same age and seeing their fathers worked close to the king, there were time they were invited to be the prince playmate, as children they were close but overtime the prince grew to develop a very spoiled personality and even acted arrogant as he was the first in line for the throne which everyone knows it was not guaranteed.  he will only be crown king if the king chooses him to be and both boys wished the throne will not go to him but to his brother, the king's third son who was much more worthy and responsible than him.

 

“too bad his and her highness of Norel cant have children of their own” Doyoung mumbled. It was a very known that the couple couldn't have any children, no one knows who was barren between them but producing an heir was out of option for them, which was sad really.

King Jung was an ingenious man with strong combat skills while Queen Boa was rich scholar woman with a mind of a strategies. if they could have children they very well may have produce a good ruler.

“I wonder whose relative kid would get to be crown king" Doyoung mused as he grab a cocktail from a waiter. It was  also customary that if the current king does not have heir than relatives children may have the chance for the throne.

 

Jaehyun started nudging Doyoung arm getting the others attention. “ you know there been rumors” Jaehyun whispered as he grinned. 

“what rumor?”

“that King Jung and Queen Boa has already chosen a heir but not from any of their linage but from a nobles family”  

 

Doyoung almost choked down his wine after hearing the rumor, it was unheard of to have a nobleman child be crown king or to have any from the royal family pick someone out of their bloodline.

“horse turd, that's impossible” Doyoung retorts with a big frown putting down his glass, Jaehyun shrugged with big musing smile on his lips. “maybe…but I like to think the possibilities of it” he beamed looking to the royal family who happily talked to one another.

"..oh please, you just want drama that’s all” Doyoung retorts which the latter laughs not denying that fact.

"hey, with my boring school life who wouldn't want some drama" he added as he turns away fucosing his attention to delicious meala laid out for them.

As the nobles indulge themselves in their meal Doyoung starts to look around wondering where his father and mother were its been while since he saw them and he promised his mother he would be back after wondering around. as he looks over the sea of heads. he noticed a man standing near the royal family with his chest out and arms back. he was average height with evident muscle that contours around his uniform. He had faintly reddish-brown hair that really stands out. he had a serious stern face as he stood attention watching the crowd with unwavering eyes.

 

Doyoung patted Jaehyung back who busy chowing down desserts off the table “ Oi, whose that” he nodded his head over the stern man. Jaehyun looks but even he was unfamiliar with the stranger.

 

“I don’t know…but judging by the green and silver scarf... I guess his from Norel” Jaehyun identified squinting his eyes to take a better look. As the two nobles studied the stranger a person was silently sneaking up behind them whose intention was clearly to scare them.

“w

Please log in to read the full chapter