Chapter 6

The Red Crown
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 6 :  the boys first task. 

 

Doyoung wasn't sure how much time had passed since the meeting started but the enthusiasms he had from the beginning was all gone, now he just wants to leave and go home. because the minute the meeting started the king and all the other advisors started throwing them questions and opinions. having to make logical statements  even over difficult matters that they shouldn't tackled but here they were sharing their thoughts and idea trying to make it sound logical and smart as possible.

they were testing them, that the boys can understand but even they had limits and they weren't just mentally exhausted but physically as well, it was like pressure in this meeting hall was seeping the energy out of them. in that moment Doyoung was ever so happy he was military trainee not politician student.

he let off a sigh as he crack his neck a little, stiff from sitting up straight too long. while the next problem was about to be tackled. Doyoung couldn't help but think was this really what his and jaehyun father do whenever a meeting was called or are they just being serious and intense cause they were here. Doyoung could only wonder because his father was never drain when ever he comes home from these meetings or was it because he was use to it. 

 

“…wait what this report about Governor Henry seeking for our help” his majesty say stopping at one paper that he almost pushed aside. he looks to his around the table fro someone to answer him  and Official Lee who oversee the safety and problems of the villages under the kingdoms care speak out.

“  here your majesty, well last week Governor Henry had sent a letter to me during the night the messenger told me it was an urgent so upon opening the letter it detailed that Governor Henry is in need of our assistance as group thugs has been harassing his village for months now and his having problem dealing with them" he reported fully to everyone to hear. 

 

"having problem? what kind of problem?" Advisor Li asked frowning as to why the governor would asked the king aid for something like this. 

“...that's the problem the letter didn't say anything... here have look for yourself your majesty" Official Lee passed the letter he received that night over to the king who took the paper and notice the hand writing. 

"why does it look like it was written in hurry" he mention noticing the messy way it was written there were even ink smudges. Official Lee concurred. " i notice that too your majesty...it must have been very urgent for Lord Henry to write that way than his usual neat writing" he added raising concern. 

"something must have happen for him to send such hurried letter to us" Official Kim guessed he looks over to Official Lee sitting across him who nodded his head.

" i did too so i sent my men to check on the village but they came back saying everything was fine nothing was wrong with village" He reported looking down to his paper. " so i had my men withdraw but the night they came home a messenger arrived sending me the same letter but only adding word urgent need of help at the last paragraph...that why i had to report here to his majesty, i know Governor Henry  and his not the type to fool around like this" He defends. 

 

" then something must be wrong.... do we send out men up there to investigate the situation your majesty?"  Official Kim inquired looking to the king who placed his index finger under his chin. " i supposed we can seen a platoon there but that could prove dangerous" the king suggest turning to his court. 

"why would it be dangerous?" Jaehyun leans over to Doyoung whispering to him. Doyoung open his mouth about to answer jaehyun when somone else answered for him.

"because it could be an ambush" General Taeyang answered scaring the boys. everyone in the table stop and looked up to the two boys frozen solid petrified on what was happening. General Taeyang chuckled waving his hand " its alright boys there nothing wrong in asking" he says assuring them it was alright. they both let a sigh as General Taeyang looks to the king. 

 

"there's a bigger chance they want us to send a platoon so they

Please log in to read the full chapter