Chapter 5

The Red Crown
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 : Royal Court.

it was a bright and early morning the sun had just risen and already everyone in the Kim Mansion was in frenzy with every maid and butler running around and  making sure everything was in place and perfect for the young lord special day.

it was not everyday to have the young lord of the house or any house for that matter to be invited to join the royal court meeting with the king.  Everyone was excited especially the the mistress of the house, she had ordered the chef to cook her son favorite meals and clean their newest carriage for them to use even Lord Heajun had woken up much early for today.

While everyone was busy preparing below, the young lord was upstairs in his room changing into the uniform his mother had prepared for him to wear. a dark blue uniform with red linings paired with spitting shiny shoes and his hair neatly combed to side giving him a nice clean look. clipping last button in he takes a step back away from the mirror in front of him to get a good over all look of his appearance. he looked mature and serious with his attire. he bites his lips back before giving himself an assuring nod. telling himself he was ready, ready as he will ever be.

“done..” he huffs taking deep breath, once more mentally preparing himself for today with last look to the mirror he head out of his room heading down where practically a feast was laid out for him. which wasn't really surprise knowing how excited his mother gets, his just happy she didnt threw a party that night he and his father told her the good news. 

“Honey!” his mother chimed as she fuss all over him with kisses and praises. making the latter a little flustered “ mother” he whines “ space please” he tells her as mother stops and backs away blushing a little. “sorry honey..i’m just so happy” she chimed wiping her happy tears away. Doyoung chuckle as he comforts his crying mother again.

“mother stop crying you’ve been crying since last night”  he says wiping the tears off his mother face. the lady who snorts "i know but i cant help it you know me" she mutters smiling big her smile almost reaching her eyes she was so happy she didn't mind that her makeup was all smudge up. 

 

“you know how you mother is son  an emotional wreck whether it be sad or happy ” his father says as he walk up to them pulling his small wife into his arm comforting her.

 

“were just so proud son” his father says sincerely making doyoung bashful and extremely happy. 

 

As truly this was an honorable moment for the whole family it wasn't an ever day thing to be invited into the royal court meeting with his majesty, king Ma along with his advisor and official to discuss the manners of problem within the kingdom and outside.  it was huge thing because to get so far to be invited one must do excellence in all his studies and training and proven worthy by peers and teachers as the best.

knowing he was acknowledged as the best in his generation made Doyoung proud of himself his efforts prove fruitful.

 

 

Now after eating the delicious meal their chef had cooked, they left the mansion with much luck and love from his mother and everyone in the mansion. along the carriage ride his father debrief him over the rules and when to speak and seat. for the manner of answering Heajun just has to trust his son on that. 

Soon they have arrived to castle where they were welcomed by the head butler and guards, it was odd feeling for Doyoung as he had never entered the castle before without a party going on. walking down the quite, echoing halls of the castle made it eerie like he was going through a trail of sort. 

his hands were getting cold and he was sweating , his nerves was getting the better of him. now his looking around trying to calm down when his father suddenly spoke causing Doyoung to stop. “hmm…look who we have here” his father says the young lord lean over his father back to see two familiar fi

Please log in to read the full chapter