Chapter 3

The Red Crown
Please log in to read the full chapter
Chapter 3 : Stranger

After receiving such Heavy news that official Henjung had given them everyone disburse to avoid any more suspicion form the guest and try to enjoy the party that is if they can.

"hello laides" Jaehyun greets sweetly to group of young women that shyly covers thier faces with their fans. seeing the noble enjoy himself like this you would think nothing wrong with it. 

but Doyoung knows that Jaehyun was good in concealing his feeling he was just as scared as he was. losing his appeitate to enjoy the party he aloof himself in the corners of the party.  Jaehyun accompany him trying to cheer him but it didnt do much.

As the night progress soon the music change and couple dance started every lady dragged their partner into the dance floor and Jaehyun found himself surrounded by girls wanting to dance with him meanwhile Doyoung had manage to escape in time before anyone could notice he was gone.

 

He stepped out to the castle balcony where he took a moment to breath and relax. War, the thought of it scares him but the thought of his home and family in danger frighten him more. letting out sigh, he felt hopeless than he ever. looking up to the cloudy sky Doyoung mentally wished that the moon hidden by the sea of  clouds could give him an answer he needed.

drown in his thoughts, his ears perk up upon hearing the sounds of music playing in the distance he turn to the left walls of the castles. Where lights of the town glowed  from behind.

 

“the people are celebrating?” the young noble mumbled as he walked other side of the balcony to better hear the music. it sounded joyful but the song was something he wasn't familiar with, but he was sure its an old folk song.

“ what song is this?” he mutters.

 

“song of old birds”

 

a voice answer from above him startling the young noble, he flinches and snaps his head up to see he person sitting on a branch of the tall tree right next to the balcony. but due to the dark surrounding and lack of moon light Doyoung couldn't’t see the mysterious man face.

 

“what?” he inquired cocking his head a bit.

 

“this song it called "song of old birds" an old children song common is urban areas” the stranger answers briefly.

 

Doyoung mouth agape open while nodding his head. he looks back to the fluttering lights admiring how pretty it was. “it’s a jolly song ” he chimed as the beats of the song were bouncing around. 

the stranger started laughing clearly not hiding the fact he was amused by what he said, but the young noble didnt think he said something worth laughing about. " whats so funny?" he asked looking at the dark silhouette of him, 

"you...you must deaf like all the others" the stranger snorts snapping Doyoung eyes and ears. " excuse me what you called me?" he asked quirking a brow.

"deaf" the other respond bluntly which irk Doyoung, what did he do to deserve such insult from mere stranger he was about to yell at him when he spoke again cutting him off.

“…try to listen again this time focused on the lyrics” the stranger says biting his lips contemplating if he should do as he said but thinking there must be a reason he does i anyway. he lets out a sigh as turns his attention back listening intently to the sound of the music.

 

“wing of old bird say to be, no more shall it fly.

Younger flocks shall go by, leaving old bird to rest

Old birds seat and wait, waiting for

Please log in to read the full chapter