Chapter 9

The Red Crown
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 9 : Gou Family's sad ending.

As the boys border into the Carriage tht ahd been prepared for them Doyoung ready to give Taeyeon a piece of his mind, regardless of him being the brother of the man he idolized. 

“you!…how can you be so rude to the governor, if you want to say something say it respectfully” he spat as soon as he sat in the carriage sitting across the hooded boy that showed little care of his frustration.

Jaehyun nervously chuckled next to him signaled the driver and captain to go. he turns back to Doyoung firing glare to the other staring out the window.
“ I see no faults of the way I said it” the boy answered turning head to Doyoung.“ I was direct and clear, as I should be” he added fueling the nobles anger more.

“you! Do you know manners! You were talking to someone who is older and has a higher statue it is by law for us to be respectful to them!” he growled showing his frustration but the other cared less and that lack of care was pushing doyoung to punch him, lucky Jaehyun was there to mandate the feud between them 

“Alright calm down you two..especially you Doyoung” Jaehyung glaring at him a little making the other slum down on his seat sulking like a child. Jaehyun rolled his eyes while shaking his head a little, he looks over to Taeyeon wondering a little, doesn't he feel hot  being under that hood all day. 

 

“Taeyeon” he calls taking his attention. “ why'd you want us to go to the victims home?" he asked out of curiosity and settle back their mind back to the mission. 

“remember what captain Han said about other victims?” Teayeon answers back with a question, Jaehyun taken back recalls the captains report. “well they were unharmed” he states which Taeyeon points his finger. 
 

“ exactly, “ he claims, handing him the report he got from the governor.

 

“take a look at how many victims that are reported being robbed” Taeyeon pointed which Jaehyun reads over. Doyoung who’s been sitting quiet all this time was startingto get curious as well.

“7 reported cases” Jaehyun read out looking back to Taeyeon nodding his hood up and down. “ yes,  out of  7  why was this family only one killed” he states.

“Maybe they were awake and fought back” Doyoung shared but the other shakes his head.

“I think its more than that” he states peeping out the window just in time for a guard to ride up next to it “ my lords we have arrived” he announced with a small nod the boys look out staring at the house ahead.

The mansion was small and located in the middle grounds of the village, it had simple decoration and landscape; the design of the house was nothing too fancy, it was easy to tell that the family had a simple taste. stepping out of the carriage Doyoung takes note of the guards set around the house. 

"Good day my lord, I'm Lieutenant Horald pleasure" a small soldier with glasses approaches them. "please follow me," he said, gesturing them to follow him.  entering through the gates the boys found nothing seem until they saw the door. it practically wrecked and broken both doors were hanging only by a single hinge. 

 

entering the home the boys were taken back of horrible state it was, portraits slashed and disorganized, shards of glass and vase on the ground.

“everything here is as it was the day we found it as,” Captain Han says walking over to the 3 boys as they inspect the house.

“what happened to the door?”  Jaehyun asked pointing to the door, the captain looked over to the smaller boy next to him who answered for him.

“we assumed that how they exited” shifting his circular glasses.

Doyoung turns to him pulling his hand away from the ruined painting. “so they enter somewhere else then?” the smalle soldier nodded pointing towards a hall behind the stairs. “  through the kitchen,” he says.

 

Taking them there the small soldier lead them into enter a small stuffy kitchen which was just a mess as the living room. the smaller soldier walked over showing the 3 nobles the broken lock on the kitchen door. Doyoung was first to approach inspecting the broken lock, he notices distinct scratch marks on the surface.

tracing it with his fingers it was easy to tell that something sharp was used to break the lock.  he thinks back to the front door how destroyed it was, he found the two odd. he tries to deliberate things but the presence behind him made it hard for him so he turns back to see it was Taeyeon hooded head leaning over his shoulder.

“oi! You're too close” he snaps pushing back, Taeyeon steps back for him to move and return back inspecting the lock.

“the pattern different…” he muttered, surprising Doyoung that he was thinking the same as him Taeyeon turns to the captain who was standing outside the kitchen watching them.

“Captain... where were family found?,” he asked out of the blue. the captain blinks a couple of times. " in the study room" he answered. 

Taeyeon nodding his head looks back at the door. " can you take us there?" he asked as he walks over to the captain and hesitantly the captain grants before leading the way. 

Taking them to the study room where the bodies were found the captain gave them a fair warning before entering. “ the room is as it is same as the house so there is still blood stains so brace yourselves” he says before opening the door. 

and the moment it opens the stench of dried blood reeks engulfs them. the scent was so strong that Doyoung and Jaehyun had to cover their nose as they entered. 

 

The room has that sad and dark feeling around it, the more you explore the more you know the sad ending of the family. blood stains on the carpet floor and scattered papers and book and other objects knocked over clearly showing the family tried to fight back.

“umm..if I may my lords,” the smaller soldier speaks opening his notepad he was holding and starts reading out loud.

“the bodies of the Guo family 2 children were found lying next to the bo

Please log in to read the full chapter