Chapter 11

The Red Crown
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 11: Step 1- investigate&Discover. 

 

After getting away from  the boys stop at a nearby park where they rested and calming their nerves, especially for the two nobles as they have never ever gone against the authorities.

“please tell me why did you drag us out here?” Doyoung asked panting after the long run.

Taeyeon huffs as he turns and leans on the tree beside him.

“if the guards find out were gone we'll be in big trouble,” Jaehyun says, wiping his sweat and opening his jacket a little.

“please if they were any good they would have put guards under our windows, not at the doors" Taeyeon grumbled, pushing off the tree and walks off.

“where are you going?” Doyoung hissed at him. Taeyeon stops and looks at him.

“ where do you think Lord Doyoung?, I'm Going Back to the Gou house" he snaps as he turns his feet and walks away. " if you're so scared go back if you like" he yells marching away. Doyoung and Jaehyun look to each other with gritted faces they start following after him.


They arrive at the house and noticed there was a guard stationed in front of the house gates. “ any idea how to get past that guard?” Doyoung asked peeping out behind the bushes they were hiding. “we could do what we did with guard back in our stay” Jaehyun suggest, but doyoung shook his head.

 “ no it too far and bright out here, he'll notice where it came from” he mumbled glancing over their hooded companion only to see him gone.

“Oi, where did he go?” he panics as they look around to gasp in fear to see him casually walking over to the guard.

“ Oi!, What are you doing!” Doyoung Hissed loudly gripping hair.

“Lord Taeyeon!” Jeahyun yelled.

 

 playing deaf ears Taeyeon simple ignore their calls and continued towards the guard and when he arrived both doyoug and Jahyun were bewildered to see the Taeyeon simply pass him and enter the house.

Looking to each with utter confusion on their faces, they get up and followed after him. quietly they step around the guard to find he fast asleep using his spear as leverage for him to stand up. both boys scowled while shaking their heads as they entered the front garden.

They saw Taeyeon talking to someone holding a lantern coming closer they saw it was Luitenenant Horald he was talking to.

" Luitenant Horald what are you doing here?" Jaehyun burst out asking. the small soldier nervously looks to him then to Taeyeon.

" he asked me to come," he said pointing to the latter who simply nod at them. Doyoung frowns not satisfied with just that answer quickly snaps at him.  " well don't just nod, explain!" he sneered gritting his teeth causing the other to let out a huff.

"arrgh-- fine, yes I called him out here cause we needed someone who knew the crime better than the captain" he states shrugging his shoulders. 

"yes...but why ?" Horald asked almost in a whispering voice.

 

Taeyeon turns his head to the timid soldier who shrinks back as the latter approach him it was  bad enough that he was much taller than the Lieutenant. his presence was like an animal stalking it prey. 

"why? its because of you and your annoying pest of guards had hindered me to investigate the house properly" he sneered before turning away slapping Horald face with his coat as he turns.

"there was no need for that" the Horald muttered with a big frown.

"we know" Jaehyun and Doyoung sighed in defeat. following  after Taeyeon who was investigating the wreck door on one knee.

“ what are looking at?” Doyoung asked as stood next to the latter, silently he pointed the faint burn marks on the rough edges of the door.

“burns marks” Jaehyun mutters as he turns to inspects the other door suspecting something he leans closer and took a quick sniff on the door. “ do you smell that?” he asked looking back to the others.

Doyoung nodded after smelling the door shortly after" yes...Gas" he stated, you practically see gears in his head turning as he try make sense if things.

 

Taeyeon shifted his body to get a closer look on the door frame when he spotted something shining under the door pushing it back he saw a small shattered glass hiding underneath carefully he picks it up and showed it to the others.

“a glass shard?” Jaehyun named. nodding his head Taeyeon and Takes it close to his nose and it had the same scent as the door. “ its coated in gas” he. Jaehyun snapped his head to Doyoung who stared right back at him with the same realization in his eyes.

"...and what does that mean?" Horald asked looking utterly clueless between them.

“explosive bottles .... and by the looks of

Please log in to read the full chapter